[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, anons, I finally got around to playing and beating this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: des.jpg (47KB, 670x361px) Image search: [Google]
des.jpg
47KB, 670x361px
Well, anons, I finally got around to playing and beating this game. Had a great time, despite most of the bosses taking one try and not having as many weapons and armor to mess around with. What were your first experiences with DeS?

If we can avoid delving into a DaS2 or BB vs. the world that would be nice.
>>
>>385779196
BB is the undisputed, unrefutable king of the Souls series
>>
>>385779358
>Bloodborne
>Souls

choose wisely
>>
>>385779358
I will hopefully try that next. I have a buddy who may lend me his PS4 for a bit and let me run through BB a time or two.
>>
>>385779196
My friend convinced me to buy it in 2010 and I got thoroughly raped, I ended up quitting after not being able to beat the Tower Knight. A year later I bought Dark Souls and loved it to death. After that I went back to Demon's and loved it to death as well, although I dislike the more gimmicky boss fights like dragon god. I love the oppressive and bleak atmosphere in it and False King Allant is probably still my favorite boss fight in the whole series.
>>
File: 1499949508763.jpg (52KB, 376x419px) Image search: [Google]
1499949508763.jpg
52KB, 376x419px
>>385779358
>Bloodborne is good meme

Getting really old.
>>
>>385779196
>despite most of the bosses taking one try and not having as many weapons and armor to mess around with

I mean, it was their first 3d action souls game, and before that they were making slow-ass tank control king's field games.. Sooo, I wouldn't shit on them TOO hard for Demon's Souls.

It was their first try at what we call the " souls " genre, and its my personal favorite in the history of the series. I like the wonky controls because dodging isn't as easy, but everything else about it is amazing.
>>
>>385780898
Op here, I had a similar experience. I played it back in 2011 or so and couldn't get into it, but that was mostly my fault for not giving it much of a chance because I wasn't gaming much at the time. It felt really sluggish to me for quite awhile coming from DaS1-3 but finally clicked, not sure why.
>>
>>385781090
Yeah, I can give them a pass considering when the game came out, it's not necessarily fair of me to hold them down because of when it came out compared to others in the series.
>>
>>385781071
>bb is not good meme
Why is this board plagued by faggots who won't appreciate a good game because of the system it's on
>>
>>385779196
I loved it back in 2010 and was easily my favorite game at the time. I remember being sad because I knew the game would never get a sequel. Hard to believe there's been 4 already
>>
>>385781090
One thing I really like about DeS is that you can still run relatively fast with heavy armor on. Plus there was hardly any fall damage. I don't really get why some people say the controls are clunky, if anything the animations have more weight to them and feel more grounded in reality compared to the more over the top anime esque animations from DS3
>>
>>385781132
Yeah I just didn't know what I was getting into and had never really played a game like it at the time. I still remember just how hype Tower Knight was and how impossible it felt. I wish I could go back to being a scrub desu
>>
>>385781318
>Plus there was hardly any fall damage
This boggled my mind, shit was great coming from newer games where falling ten feet bodies your health.
>>385781495
I feel the same way about the series as a whole, I wish I could erase my memory and experience it all for the first time again.
>>
>>385779196
The best part of DeS was early into it's release. Being the first souls game there was no autistic min/max or cookie cutter spreadsheet builds. No one was used to souls combat or anything. And as such, the co-op and pvp was the funnest it would ever be in a souls game. 99% of pvp battles ended up being two idiots wearing whatever armor they had managed to scrape up and using whatever weapons they thought were cool. Long battles of attrition with retards emptying their darts and shit out of their inventory and accidentally rolling off cliffs. Bosses were actually difficult (flamelurker/tower knight/King Allant) so co-op was actually fun instead of the boss dying in 2 seconds to some fag with a buffed up anime sword. I remember spending lots of time throwing down my sign at flameluker and people got fucking raped.

Its still a good game and you can find enjoyment in it though.
>>
>"Hey anon, I got a game where attack is the trigger button!"

And my life forever changed.
>>
>>385781761
Definitely, I feel like once the Prepare to Die Edition came out the series and fanbase went downhill fast. Not to say that the DLC is bad, it's fantastic, but that's exactly when it shot up in popularity and the whole "IT'S THE HARDEST GAME EVER!!" shit started happening.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.