[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I play it with OpenMW or MGE EX? also Morrowind thread I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: FcSX5bd.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FcSX5bd.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
should I play it with OpenMW or MGE EX?
also Morrowind thread I guess
>>
>>385772492
going to finally play this after I finish replaying Skyrim
>>
This game was in my backlog since forever. My first TES game was oblivion, though
What mods should I use.

Will Skywind be good?
>>
OpenMW if you're not gonna mod to much. It's still pretty buggy though. MGE otherwise
>>
>>385772959
I am going to use the must have mods, the delayed DB attack, the solstheim rumor and patch project, should I just the code patch too or openMW has some patches foe the game?
>>
File: 1406655333888.jpg (91KB, 750x993px) Image search: [Google]
1406655333888.jpg
91KB, 750x993px
>>385772950
>Skywind
Avoid all attempts at remaking the game inside of other TES games. Every attempt that's been made has been a colossal failure, and it's simply not possible to recreate Morrowind with modding tools because everything from the gameplay to the textures comes together to form a unique experience. OpenMW is the only "recreation" of Morrowind that is looking successful because they've simply recreated the entire game within their own new engine, rather than relying on later Bethesda engines like Skywind and Morroblivion.

There's hundreds of good mods for Morrowind though. Check out the guides linked in the /tesg/ OP for some good recommendations for Morrowind mods, but expect to have to google the mod names yourselves since the original links died with PlanetElderScrolls.
>>
>>385772950
No
>>
>>385773214
Many of the features of code patch and patch project are implemented in OpenMW iiirc so they're not needed. The other two should be fine.
>>
>>385773649
alright, do you reccomend me other mods? also, the openmw tells you how to install the engine right?
>>
>Vvardenfell has a 'gentlemen's club'

what, its like the only one in entire Tamriel or something? Imperials and Nords have no such concept?
>>
what are the must have mods for this,im mostly looking at compatibility and bug fixes not gameplay changes
>>
Always play it vanilla first.

Mods can take out little nooks and crannies you could only get to in vanilla
>>
>>385776963
I just cant stand that resolution, it's fucking tiny
>>
>>385774583
If your running vanilla Morrowind then check this out:
http://supremerulerofearth.com/morrowind-an-alternative-to-mgso/

Specifically the patches and After installing mod sections.
>>
MGSO is the only way to play
>>
Most mods work fine with OpenMW, but some don't.

MGE has cool graphics effects, although OpenMW still looks good and you can have greater view distance than vanilla, if you want.

OpenMW runs a lot faster and is much more stable. You will have smooth 60 fps and no ctds (or at least I did).
>>
File: 38369-3-1304880658.jpg (807KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
38369-3-1304880658.jpg
807KB, 1920x1080px
>>385774232
Dunmer proclivities basically.

>>385777335
At this point, MGSO is almost five years old. It's extremely outdated.
>>
>>385778116
Five years old with zero alternatives.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.