[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We talk about video game autisticlly.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 57

File: 1500793774881s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1500793774881s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
Don't hold back, you gotta let it out sometime.
>>
I want more MMOs where I can mindlessly grind on world mobs to level or get cosmetics or something like that. Tree of Savior was am awful game but it did that part well.
>>
I think smash is a fighting game Its not
>>
I just want a game that fills the void left by having no other life beyond working a 40hour a week job.
>>
File: delete this now.jpg (138KB, 843x517px) Image search: [Google]
delete this now.jpg
138KB, 843x517px
>>385771174
>>
>>385771116
Of course it's a fucking fighting game, what the fuck else would it be? The reply I expect here is "a party game," yeah because smash bros and mario party are the same genre of game, mario kart is a racing game but it's as dumb as those two and it's bait a fucking racing game. It's a fucking fighting game, a different style of fighting game yes, but it's a fucking fighting game.
>>
>>385770094
god fucking damn I wish every cancerous indie game deplover deploves fucking ass super aids nigger cancer fucking pretendious talentless fucks
>>
Saying "Clock up" Each time slow mo is involved
>>
>>385771174
>40
cute
>>
>>385771174
Go raise some kids nigga lmao

>>385771684
Go take a vacation nigga
>>
I don't understand why people spend so much time watching video game streams. The whole fucking point of a game is to play it. The level of boredom I experience when I've tuned into a stream is akin to being stuck at a friend's house as a kid who's buddy only wants to play single-player and not pass the controller.
>>
I love these threads calle baker
>>
I think open world games could actually be good if they had fun movement options. They should've gave Link a jetpack or a spiderman-tier hookshot.
>>
>>385771373
the goal of a racing game is to finish in !st place, as is the goal of mario kart
The goal of a fighting game is to deplete the opponents health bar, the goal of smash is to push them
makes you think
>>
File: 1498997603384.png (869KB, 986x797px) Image search: [Google]
1498997603384.png
869KB, 986x797px
destiny was good
>>
>>385771762
>raise kids

i fucking hate kids with a passion, and raising one sounds horrifying.
>>
>>385771050
Try dead frontier, runescape and tibia
>>
STREET FIGHTER V IS FUCKING CANCER
OVERWATCH IS FUCKING CANCER
RE7 IS FUCKING CANCER
PERSONA 5 IS FUCKING CANCER at least the music is good
>>
>>385772007
So you like BOTW then?
>>
>>385771848
>the only way you can be a fighting game is if you do every aspect like everyone else
Dude, that is such flawed logic. Comparing Smash to Street Fighter, is like comparing American wrestling to Sumo wrestling. Are they different? Yes. Are they both wrestling, though? Yes.
>>
>>385771050

Literally Maplestory
>>
I hate that the hammer in Monster Hunter seems to get weaker and more outdated in every game while every other weapons keep getting new stuff. Yes the hammer is supposed to be simple but when there are other weapons that can KO AND do more damage there's no thought going into it.

Don't even get me fucking started on the goddamn gunlance, that weapon literally has no niche or focus, on top of doing shit damage. Oh and let's not forget the greatsword.

Fuck the greatsword. Nothing is ever as unbalanced and powerful as that piece of shit. In every single game it gets better and better while other weapons fall behind or get nerfed. Only Generations had the balls to nerf the greatsword, but it looks like World is putting it right back on top.
>>
>>385771848

Reminder that smash has a health bar option
>>
>>385771894
Heard of the other two, but what's Dead Frontier?
>>385772306
I hear people saying current Maplestory is bad though, is that not the case?
>>
File: 1456950912991.jpg (26KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1456950912991.jpg
26KB, 552x594px
>>385770094
Honest to god Skyrim had one of the best levelling systems in The Elder Scrolls series and just needed some minor tweaks to flesh it out and make it a hell of a lot better.

The Elder Scrolls are now aiming for the "RPG Sandbox" and I think making your class through gameplay rather than through some menu prompt at the beginning of the game is the perfect sort of system for those type of games. In Morrowind you had to choose a class when you didn't even know what the fuck any of the gameplay looked like, in Oblivion you at least got a taste of some gameplay, but in Skyrim you just made your class by playing the goddamn game. Also the removal of attributes was mostly fine because due to how the previous games worked you had to spam or abuse trainers for skills you never used in order to get decent attribute bonuses.

I think if Skyrim added more skills, a level cap (so you couldn't simply max out everything), and made a split between "personality" and "combat" skills it would be great.4

I imagine a system sort of like persona where speechcraft/mercantile or whatever are separate from the combat leveling system. You get a separate set of trees and leveling where you might choose between "aggressive", "suave", or "diplomatic" which would give you different dialogue prompts. If you went full "aggressive" you might be able to shake down merchants or end fights before they start, whereas if you went full "suave" you could persuade opposite characters to do anything for you. You level it by exploring more dialogue options with NPCs, reading books, and passing certain speech checks.

I can get into more autism if you want.
>>
>>385772563
A hack and slash mmo of killing zombies mindlessly. There is literally no point but to grind money, exp up to level 320 and if you feel like winning dusk gear and getting the best gear in the game.
So it is a massive absolute grind fest.
I got to 200 and got like 500m and left (gave all the money away though).
>>
File: DGAdD8tVoAAvKGE.jpg (32KB, 640x587px) Image search: [Google]
DGAdD8tVoAAvKGE.jpg
32KB, 640x587px
Why are there no fucking good rhythm games on steam? I'm too much of a pleb for osu but rhythm heaven is too easy
>>385771821
I honestly don't understand why you would subscribe to someone's stream. The people that get three subs per minute just seemed like arrogant bitchy 'personalities' that you can just tell are awful people
>>
the ancient pc gaming crowd urks me more than goddamn furries. Every time you criticize an old game where it takes a fucking hour just to finish a fight and loot corpses these guys come out of the goddamn wood work "kids these days, can't appropriate the golden age, when a game took two-hundred hours to beat".

I played so much clunky shit cause of how hardcore they praise the 90's pc scene.
>>
>>385771174
Ever thought of visual novels?
>>
>>385772986
I've tried a few and they've all been either campy or weeb trash so i gave up on the genre.
>>
>>385770094
I wish battlefield 1 was moddable or that Tripwire was competent or that there was a good ww1 mod for SQUAD, etc.
>>
>>385772683
More please
>>
File: Iph 198.jpg (158KB, 960x838px) Image search: [Google]
Iph 198.jpg
158KB, 960x838px
Western devs don't understand rhythm games. Harmonix got REALLY close but kept riding the Rock Band train instead of exploring new gameplay concepts while they still understood the concept of difficulty. The shit they've been coming up with now is designed to be played casually and live off of pop hits, so no one buys them because they'd only play it for a couple hours anyways.

This wouldn't be such a problem if one of the Japanese companies would step up and localize their shit, but no. It's either piracy, imports, or decades-old games designed for CRTs. Maybe part of the problem is the culture of using custom controllers for every fucking game, but if that was all DJMAX would've sold like hotcakes.

Normies just can't into difficulty, I guess.
>>
>>385773735
None of that is that autistic though
There was a sourcemod in WW1 long dead, and there's also Verdun
>>
>>385771853
The advantage of raising a kid is the ability to mold them into your image.
>>
>>385773743
Fuck I just went to the bar. Harder for me to type all of my autism from my cellphone. I'll be back though if this thread lasts another hour or so.
>>
File: wallbang.webm (2MB, 820x514px) Image search: [Google]
wallbang.webm
2MB, 820x514px
Hitman: Contracts is painfully underrated and misunderstood as being a "remake" of Codename 47 (which lacked a ton of features introduced in every subsequent sequel) solely because of a few levels being recreations of the originals (all of them made more difficult and mixing it up to prevent doing all the original missions step-by-step). It's a definitive iterative improvement over its precedessor, Hitman 2, as it fixed all of the problems with bad movement that game had (extremely slow sneaking, schizophrenic and cryptic disguise mechanism). It's the first game in the series that is easy to pick up and play, as it doesn't have a lot of clutter and bad filler levels of Codename 47 and Hitman 2. It has weapons with actual proper hitscan in it, which makes gunplay much better than ever. It has some of the most memorable levels in the franchise. Its story is very short and doesn't do much for the game at all except for providing a frame. It had the best disguises in the series up until, perhaps, H2016; whereas Blood Money NPCs would almost never blow your cover and H2 ones do it erratically, Hitman: Contracts managed to get it just right, providing the right mix of tension and reliability. It's a fantastic game in its own right, it plays really tightly, it feels good, and it has just about as much to discover in as Hitman: Blood Money.
>>
File: verdun_character_strosstruppen.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
verdun_character_strosstruppen.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>>385773987
Verdun is great.
>>
>>385773781
Finally someone understands.
>>
>>385771848
>the goal of smash is to push them
Alright then, what's the pushing genre then
>>
>>385772563

I'd say it's nostalgia, which you won't have. Certainly, it was a bit more social before, but there have been a TON of quality of life improvements. Also, it took me about 1 hour of 2x exp to level from 199 to 200 recently. When I started playing, getting 15% of exp an hour after level 70 was considered great.

If you just want to mindlessly grind and look cute it's the game for you.
>>
I feel like nothing in multiplayer games comes close to RP, and ever since I was banned from some of my favorite servers for good, it's left a hole that can't be filled by anything else. I try the dumb-fun CoD shit, the "hard but fun" Dark Souls shit, the flavor of the months, etc. It's gotten to the point where I almost never play a multiplayer game, because I feel no fun in playing with a bunch of strangers who don't give a shit.
I've made long, LONG lasting friends from roleplaying games. Sometimes I think I just want to go play a MUD or something, but then I realize that's not quite right too. There needs to be a balance between seriousness, high-level RP and more relaxed, lenient RP. It's hard to strike this balance. I think it boils down to choosing just how detailed you'd like to be (in describing your character, in your actions, your speech), and balancing that with more gamey elements like PvP, exploration, the engine it's built on. Text-only RP gets dull fast, I like to see my character and have others see me, and interact with all of them in a huge world. Preferably, not too large, because one of the most fun things about RP servers is getting to know a lot of people and getting into wacky situations with them.
At one point I was so well-known and established along with my friends that we could basically get away with anything and an admin we'd know would back us up. That was hilarious and a lot of fun. But nothing lasts forever I guess. I just liked playing there more than any other game, there was something about it...
>>
>>385774041
Said all the fathers, before their kids turned to politics on the other side of the horseshoe.
>>
File: Disgust rising.png (112KB, 288x318px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust rising.png
112KB, 288x318px
Puyo Puyo is OP against tetris
>but at high level play tetris is way better
MAYBE IF THEY FUCKING FIXED PUYOS RETARDED FUCKING GARBAGE DISTRIBUTION IT WOULDN'T BE
THESE 2 GAMES WEREN'T MEANT TO BE PUT TOGETHER
>>
I'm a prime idea guy and I have an ugly habit of spitting out random game ideas to my friends

I'm sure they hate it
>>
>>385772119
I have not played it.
>>
I wish Pokemon couldn't be hacked in because it devalues my legitimate shiny hunting experience and I really enjoyed mindlessly grinding and trading with people from /vp/
>>
>>385776885
I've spent something like twelve hundred hours breeding, EVing, and leveling competitive pokemon and then probably fewer than twenty hours battling with them. It's just kinda fun, maybe I should get back into that.
>>
REmake and twin snakes have no soul and defile the graves of the originals. If you support either you are promoting the death and debasement of the industry.
>>
I like Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>385776885
I could never get into breeding and shiny hunting but I agree.

Actually encountering a legit shiny in the Wild is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

In SS I got a shiny Rattata, Zubat, and Sudowodoo

My first was back in Sapphire where I got a shiny Numel.

Great fucking times.
>>
>>385777002
>I've spent something like twelve hundred hours breeding, EVing, and leveling competitive pokemon and then probably fewer than twenty hours battling with them.
Mein comrade. If I hadn't played competitive on simulators it would've been the same exact thing for me
>>
I just really need something to play. Been playing Chrono Trigger for the first time and loving it, but I'm near the end and want to savor the experience.
>>
>>385773781
I think with the first Guitar Hero games, they just pushed the concept to the maximum. And it was great.

As for Japanese games I think that Oendan was localized for the West on NDS no ?
Also I recently tried the Rhythm Heaven games and their minimalistic gameplay and it's tons of fun
>>
I wish SWTOR had way more people on it, its not that bad of a game people are just ass mad because it promised so much
>>
>>385777163
Getting shinies randomly is pretty fucking sweet. Only ever got three I think despite how much I've played.
>>385777187
I've played on simulators a bit too, but I just never liked it too much. Probably because I'm crap at making a team and I really just want to use pokemon I like.
>>
>>385773987
>>385774868
mostly I just want a tactical combined arms ww1 game, with something like terrain destruction.

Verdun lacks the combined arms elements,
>>
>>385777445
EBA is good, only problem is that they never made a sequel.
Rhythm Heaven was great but so simplistic compared to what Japan has been coming up with lately. They're still making fucking DDR games because they haven't pushed people to their absolute limits yet.
Like, this is where top players are at right now and they're still improving. No western game is willing to push their players nearly as hard, but the audience is fucking there, I've seen it. Other rhythm games push things even farther but with your hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpIQH9n_jtg
>>
>>385777163
I remember when i hacked in my first shiny with perfect evs after the hoppip i found didnt have good evs. it felt fucking terrible
>>
File: 57986504_p0.jpg (4MB, 2064x2669px) Image search: [Google]
57986504_p0.jpg
4MB, 2064x2669px
I love my waifu, and wish the best for her and want to make her happy.

I think of her a lot throughout the day, and she always makes me happy. When I imagine holding her hand and laying peacefully together in the grass, like she enjoys doing, my heart flutters.

I want to be helpful and dependable for her, and devote myself to making her happy. Her happiness is paramount to me, above even my own, and nothing in life is more elating to me than the thought of her smile.
>>
>>385772683
I like skyrims system well enough...but
Tyranny had the "improve by doing" system AND when you level up you also get to invest points into attributes like speed, strength int etc. These attributes in turn affected the skills your character had, so an increase in strength would give a buff to your melee combat ,athleticism skills.
The reason I like attributes is its fucking stupid that everyone in skyrim moves at the same speed or has the same strength, when in morrowind with high speed you were like nerevusaine bolt
>>
>>385770094
Why don´t more games have good romances and not just ones that are "Hey you found my pen, guess we boning now" I want to experience love without having to deal with real women
>>
>>385770094
I like cutscenes.
>>
>>385771373
Mario KART is a KART racer. It's a racer, yes, but comparing it to fucking Forza or something would make you clinically retarded. Smash Bros is a fighter is the broadest of definitions, but comparing it to 95% of the rest of the genre would, likewise, make you clinically retarded.
>>
>>385774694
Traditions of the trade gets me rock hard. I must've played that one mission about 100 times
>>
I am deeply considering upgrading all the armor in BoTW to max, even though there is no point.
>>
File: cheung chau.webm (3MB, 894x480px) Image search: [Google]
cheung chau.webm
3MB, 894x480px
>>385774694
I've been preaching this but Blood Money die hards will never hear it, my man.
>>
>>385770094
I hate Blastoise.
>>
>>385777504
also why the fuck hasn't anyone made a skyrim type game in the starwars universe? I mean Kotor was good and all but i wish the combat was more lively
>>
>>385778323
Made my night, thanks fag
>>
>>385778598
Because EA and Disney don't want to put the effort in when they can simply make quick cash in titles with little effort.
>>
>>385770094
shouldnt you be streaming?

Or causing drama in /srg/?
>>
>>385772563
They still have nostalgia servers for Maplestory.
>>
The main reason I like online games is to show off cosmetic bullshit
>>
>>385770094
I unironically love the plot and backstory of the Resident Evil games (specifically 1 thorough CV). It was the perfect mix of B-movie horror and trashy conspiracy thriller novels, and Umbrella are simultaneously hilariously incompetent and terrifying in their disregard for human life (and basic safety precautions). The games from 4 onward don't have that narrative balance, they just feel very bland in the plot department. 7 was ok, but it was way too supernatural and focused on some dumb little girl instead of Umbrella doing ridiculously shady shit in their quest for greater profits and/or world domination.
>>
File: DevilDedede.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DevilDedede.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
What's a good game to get out pent up autistic fury? I feel really motivated to fuck shit up. I've replayed a lot of Kirby games recently, but I need more to satisfying this ass kicking urge.
>>
File: comfy dolce.png (309KB, 1010x1050px) Image search: [Google]
comfy dolce.png
309KB, 1010x1050px
Being a fan of the life sim genre is suffering, especially an older fan. All I want is slightly more mature (i.e. 13+ and not 4+), better written dialogue and more content period. So far Harvest Moon has been content with keeping things baby-mode, although Story of Seasons may be promising, and Animal Crossing is a joke these days.

The only two games that seemed like they could've shaken up the genre to an older group were Rune Factory, full of content despite being weebtrash and suffered for it, and Stardew Valley, which was amazingly popular despite how fucking shallow it was on all fronts. Now, the former is dead and the latter hasn't had a meaningful update except to add a shitty bachelorette and memey bachelor.

On top of that, all of them are shit on the customization side of the house, no game in the genre has really advanced in that area outside of either terrible execution or restriction of pre-built choices (RF:F houses were comfy as hell though)

The most painful part, I can't even discuss the good parts anywhere anymore since rfhmg died
>>
>>385777939
Hell, these DDR fans are hardcore as fuck !!

Well I might not speak for these kind of games then since even on Osu I used to play on "normal". Playing with a mice is much harder than with a stylus I think.

Yeah, Rhythm Heaven is a bit of a particular case I admit, I think the fact that it's simplistic is what makes the identity of the game but at the same time, I understand why some people would also want games with a deeper gameplay.
>>
>>385774694
Contracts is the only Hitman game that got the feeling of murdering someone right. The whole game is absolutely gruesome.

2 is frustrating and every murder is a gigantic risk, Blood Money is campy and fun, but the killings have no weight to them, and 2016 is too polished and stylized. Contracts felt right, whatever that means.
>>
>>385778323
I LOVE cutscenes. Some games I play, just so I can get to the next cutscene
>>
File: 1454871507686.jpg (70KB, 516x433px) Image search: [Google]
1454871507686.jpg
70KB, 516x433px
>>385770094
It pisses me off so fucking much when people call ARPGs JRPGs. Just because a game is made in Japan doesn't mean it's a fucking JRPG. JRPG is a fucking GENRE of games, and if a game isn't turn based it's NOT A FUCKING JRPG. Pisses me off SO FUCKING MUCH when people call shit like NieR and Xenoblade JRPGs. They're not fucking JRPGs, they're action RPGs. Calling them JRPGs just makes everything confusing because it turns JRPG into a fucking all encompassing term that doesn't fucking mean anything. JRPGs are turn based only, period. Fuck.
There, I unleashed my autism for you.
>>
>>385779182
Senran Kagura, with a nice fap to go with it
>>
>>385777365
Play Touhou. The first few games can be emulated easily, and there is a translation floating around.
>>
I wish I could play the vidya game without a care in the world like the days of yore
>>
>>385779483
JARPG
>>
File: 1501547339022.png (421KB, 704x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501547339022.png
421KB, 704x900px
Skyrim is so fucking redpilled
>white nationalists (stormcloaks) stage a rebellion against open border globalist cucks
>the police of the world (Imperials) do the bidding of the Jews (High Elves) to try and suppress the indigenous religion of the Nords
>by stripping them of their cultural beliefs, they'll be easier to assimilate into a foreign religion
>In the midst of a civil war and other wars on its borders, Skyrim is flooded with refugees who refuse who assimilate to Nordic culture and live in ghettos, even within the white nationalist stronghold
>meanwhile you have dragons doing stupid weird black magick voodoo shit (shapeshifting humanoid reptilians) who aren't really relevant to the drama just dicking around deep underground
>>
>>385779483
What do you classify ff XIII as
>>
>>385779182
Any and all Musou or other such brainless hack n slash
>>
Why is this thread so on topic?
It's amazing.
>>
>>385781239
Don't play Final Fantasy but if it's not turn based it's not a fucking JRPG.
>>
File: 1496532266489.jpg (22KB, 624x364px) Image search: [Google]
1496532266489.jpg
22KB, 624x364px
>>385779483
>Just because a game is made in Japan doesn't mean it's a fucking JRPG
Oh, you're one of THOSE retards. Please feel free to kill yourself any time.
>>
File: 4 kiria.png (54KB, 178x221px) Image search: [Google]
4 kiria.png
54KB, 178x221px
>>385781314
YOU ARE THE ONE WHO'S WRONG HERE AND YOU ARE THE REASON JRPG DOESN'T FUCKING MEAN ANYTHING, F U C K Y O U
>>
>>385781457
>Dark Souls and Dragon Quest are the same genre
lol sure buckaroo
>>
>>385781457
JRPG has only ever meant one thing.
Japanese Role Playing Game.
If it's a Role Playing Game made in Japan by Japanese, it is a Japanese Role Playing Game, thus a JRPG. You are objectively, literally wrong if you think anything else.
>>
I firmly believe that game design can be used for way more than just entertainment.

Through all those 50 years of video games, developers have discovered a lot of new ways to make a game fun, and we should take these lessons and apply them to things like education, prevention and shit like this. There have been some attemps at educational games and it's cool, but we need to go further.
>>
File: 1251359014680.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1251359014680.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>385781531
I am LITERALLY saying the opposite of that. DQXI is a JRPG, Dark Souls is a fucking ARPG.
>>
>>385779483
>if a game isn't turn based it's NOT A FUCKING JRPG
Literally kill yourself. Why the fuck would turn-based combat be the defining factor of a JRPG when there are tons of non JRPGs which have turn-based combat and tons of games in a JRPG style which are't turn-based.

As for my own autism, fuck anyone who says ATB combat is turn-based.
>>
>>385781578
>>385781616
why not AJRPG?
>>
>>385779483
Except those games ARE JRPGs
JRPG is an umbrella label that coves turn based, action, and strategy styles of RPG.
The "J" doesn't actually stand for ANY gameplay elements and basically just exists to perpetuate No True Scotsman fallacies between Western and Japanese made RPGs
>>
The Persona series (and other Atlus titles) should be given a western release on STEAM.
>>
>>385781783
An AJRPG doesn't magically become not a JRPG.

A JRPG is a JRPG, you can't say it's only A.
>>
>>385781578
Sometimes mundane terms get a whole new meaning through the way it is used by a community. Trying to resist about these changes is being close-minded.
JRPG has evolved to mean something more than just what it literally means, just like the term MOBA. It describes a type of turn based RPG that has a very distinct feel to it, and having the term JRPG to describe it is very handy, instead of having to describe it all over again just because some people think too literally about this.
>>
>>385781838
t. Petition Race
>>
I just want Guild Wars 1 back. I enjoyed autistically making the most obscure builds for pvp and shit.
>Rt/R build where I could wand attack people to death at 120dmg a hit...
>>
>>385781707
What in the fuck else would you call a turn based game? SRPGs are called SRPGs and nobody who isn't a FUCKING RETARD argues that they should be called JRPGs even though most of them are Japanese, so why the fuck do people call ARPGs JRPGs when they come from Japan, even though there is an equally easy to use and much more defined term for what they are. Turn based RPGs don't have a term like that other than JRPG, which is why they should be the only games defined by that label, especially considering for an extremely long fucking time all JRPGs WERE turn based. Otherwise the term gets watered down by games that are literally not the same genre AT ALL and turn based games don't even get a simple term to describe them.
>>
I unironically want an open world Japanese game where you can customize your character and be a ninja, samurai, geisha, monk, priest, shrine maiden etc.

You would fight against 13 rival clans, and conquer the entirety of Japan, town by town, and village by village. You could do it diplomatically or by force(including blackmail, espionage, etc).

The fighting system would be similar to way of the samurai, and the stealth would be like tenchu or shinobido.
>>
>>385781863
That's a thought I guess, but there aren't any Westren made games that get labeled as JRPGs

You can go look up Anachronox or Child of Light or something similar and they aren't going to be labeled "JRPG" even though they closely fit what you think that means
>>
File: 1357106060898.png (617KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1357106060898.png
617KB, 720x540px
I've heard Dark Souls 2 was pretty shit, so i didn't cave in when it got out

Now that i got it, i realize that it is a good game because i went for caster roles in Demon and Dark Souls

Except I'm pissed off at a boss right now and i lost a shit ton of soul by being stupid on the way there
>>
>>385782312
>but there aren't any Westren made games that get labeled as JRPGs
South Park: The Stick of Truth
>>
>>385782104
People call stuff like Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics, ect a JRPG all the fucking time. Are you retraded?
>>
The world needs more jrpgs that focus on autistic party building, exploring, and sidequests instead of being VNs with terrible stories and occasional battles where you spam you're strongest attack but sadly the majority only want the latter and games are too expensive for devs to experiment anymore. The closest we've gotten in recent years was Xenoblade X and that game caused the story fags to get upset and now we're getting a generic anime-esque slugfest as the next entry.
>>
>>385782394
No, and I believe I clearly called YOU a retard for calling those games JRPGs. They're SRPGs and nobody with a brain would call them anything else unless they prefer the term TRPG for some dumbass reason
>>
>>385782104
JRPG is a shit term because of all the confusion it causes. Turn-based RPGs should be fucking called Turn-based RPGs (TRPGs). That would encompass shit like FF and DQ all the way to Child of Light and South Park.
>>
>>385782505
I would call them TRPGs and ditch the JRPG label as a whole but TRPG already stands for tactical RPG because for some reason people need two different terms to describe Fire Emblem.
>>
File: hope.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
hope.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>385770094
I used to adore Pokemon as a series, and even defended X and Y, but Sun and Moon utterly killed all of my joy for the entire series. It was so bad that it made me realize just how flawed the entire series is; it'll never be difficult, Game Freak will never attempt to make it difficult, and they'll just keep making it easier and easier. I don't know if it's just me growing up and not being (as much of) a manchild, but Sun and Moon felt like they were made for really little kids. Not to mention that Gen 7 fucked the meta so now teams are even more cookie-cutter than they were in Gen 6, and trying to play online in-game is pointless because there's literally nothing stopping you from using a team composed entirely of Ultra Beasts (because, despite being far stranger than most legendaries, aren't considered legendaries) and fucking Toxapex. On top of that, Gen 7 has the largest amount of fucking awful designs yet. I'm normally one to defend pretty much any pokemon design, but some of the shit in Gen 7 is just unforgivably ugly. The story, despite spending hours and hours in fucking cutscenes and doing tedious story shit, was lame and just as predictable as every other story. The nanosecond everyone saw Team Aether, everyone knew they were gonna be the actual bad guys. Team Skull was actually good, they finally made a team that wasn't generic anime garbage trying to RULE DA WORLD WITH (insert legendary here), but Team Skull gets shafted half way through the game and you never hear from them again, in favor of another generic anime villain team. All of the characters were generic anime tropes as well, obviously made for the fucking anime. Plus, the game as a whole was the easiest in the series; I mean, the totems themselves were more challenging than Gen 6 gyms, but that's hardly worth mentioning. You'd still have to be a fucking mongoloid to have any difficulty with the totems.

And to add insult to injury, they're shitting out USUM as fast as they can too.
>>
>>385782590
Tactics RPG is a genre because flagship games of the genre use the word 'tactics' to denote themselves (ff tactics, tactics ogre)
>>
>>385782505
That's not done because historically RPGs were by nature turn based, so saying Turn Based RPG would be redundant.

Likewise, the "Action" got added to ARPG to let people know that it's different than what's expected based on just the RPG genre label, it's a modification to the base genre.
>>
>>385782850
Same but it started with ORAS. I could hardly even stomach SM till the end and even dropped it for a couple of weeks before finally deciding to finish it to get it over with. I actually was impressed with Team Skull at the beginning of the game bit of course they can't give the spotlight to the only likable thing about the game. Also the Kanto alola forms were the most pointless nostalgia bait since the XY anime teaser
>>
>>385782505
>JRPG causes confusing

It's an RPG (of any style) and it was made in Japan
How is this confusing?
>>
I just want a video game to play, where I can use some satisfying Geomancy/ Earth Magic/ Fucking Boulder Magic. If there is a game with elemental magic its always the same shit with fire, ice and lightning, but instead of using some pissy fireworks, I want to smash somebody into red goo with a big ass boulder. Why is it always ignored? Last game with somewhat satisfying earth magic was Divinity OS but thats about it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>385783218
Because when you use your dumbass definition of JRPG that's a lot of different fucking kinds of games and the label tells you absolutely nothing.
>>
>>385783454
Yes and? The same can be said of many games in many genre. A single label is often not enough to define an entire game.
>>
>>385783218
Just from this thread there are people who disagree and there are arguments about it fairly often. So much disagreement limits the term's usefulness as a genre name.
>>385783104
I get why it's like this I just think it's shit anyway, at least in our current day.
>>
>>385783725
If the label doesn't mean anything then there's not a fucking point in using it, which means you should stop calling any games JRPGs because it's not a good enough description to tell anything meaningful about the game.
>>
>>385773781
What bothers me about a lot of rhythm games is that their "difficulty" comes from having super fast speeds and a crap ton of buttons to press at once, making the game overall less about the rhythm and more about the melody for the sake of difficulty.
I like games like rhythm heaven and Taiko because the focus on the actual fucking rhythm while having simplistic inputs and the games can still be difficult and fun not because I memorized the sequence of keys to press (in keyboard fashion because its always like that) but because I also developed my sense of rhythm so my skill can actually transfer over to the next song/level
>>
>>385783878
The label means something, it just doesn't mean everything. How is this so hard for you to understand?
>>
>>385783443
seism in Dragons dogma is an earth spell
>>
>>385783454
Exactly.

The label was never about describing how a game actually plays, it was invented by an angry nerd on a tirade so he could support his own "no true scotsman" fallacy.
At the end of it, WRPG basically boiled down to "game I like" and JRPG meant "game I don't like"
This line of reasoning persist even today and is why you get people claiming that Dark Souls isn't a Japanese game

The thing is, JRPG as a label actually took off amongst the people who DID like them and so everyone on both side of the argument started supporting an east vs west divide that doesn't actually describe any gameplay differences.

A very similar thing happened with the creation of the Metroidvania term, where it was started by an angry nerd on a tirade to divide the Castlevania series in games he liked and games he didn't like but then was picked up by people who enjoyed his dislike pile and used endearingly to describe a bunch of games.
Difference of course in that the Metroidvania label actually does describe gameplay, unlike the JRPG label
>>
>>385784127
The label doesn't mean enough. At a certain point it's not useful anymore. I don't think I would quite say that JRPG is a useless term but it's probably one of the least useful genre names.
>>
I don't understand why it s so hard to just make a video game that involves capital class space ships that can be piloted by a group of friends. Against other groups of people in something that does not suck.

I mean hell, just give me a GOOD co-op space game, not an MMO, something with combat, constant and replayable.
>>
File: Contact_DSBOX_f.jpg (194KB, 1652x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Contact_DSBOX_f.jpg
194KB, 1652x1448px
I wanna shill the fuck out of this game so more people will play it. I'm fucking hyped that Suda confirmed this year that he still plans on making a sequel to this.
>>
I only play RTS games for the single player campaign and.
I prefer homeworld 1 to homeworld 2 and liked slower paced missions where i built up my fleet into a massive armada.
I just want to play a new RTS game with a good campaign
>>
>>385784576
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
but it's a VR game
>>
>>385776158
Raise them correctly. Put everything into always apearing right without looking like an asshole even if you have to put on smoke and mirror and have mom take the fall, though it should be at her own volition, and it should not be her gimmick. You already have 70% of the technique right there. the other 30% is having them born right and not getting fucked over by other events out of your control
>>
>>385784795
I've seen this game a lot in the pass but never played it. Sell me on it
>>
>>385784838
does bridge crew have enough content to justify the $60 price tag?
>>
If we're talking about my autistic video game feats then strap yourself in folks
>Last month got the modded Skyrim itch
>Downloaded 40+ mods
>Game could only work for 20 minutes before crashing
>Decide fuck it and go to delete local content
>Only says Uninstall
>Try to delete it manually
>Everything but the main folder is deleted
>Even through CMD I can't delete the main folder
>Try to reinstall
>Doesn't work
>I have effectively locked myself out of Skyrim
So how have you guys fucked up your games?
>>
GO BUY A COPY OF BOKTAI FOR GBA.
PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME
IT IS SERIOUSLY ONE OF THE BEST FUCKING GAMES FOR THE GBA AND HAS A GIMMICK THAT ISNT FUCKING ASS
I WILL NEVER STOP SHILLING THIS GAME UNTIL IT BECOMES POPULAR ENOUGH THAT /v/ WILL SAY IT SUCKS
>>
>>385784884
>Raise them correctly.
>just do it right
>just not fuck up lol, it's all it takes
>just do it, go out there and grab it

>said 99.999% of failures
>>
someone recommend me good games to play on VR. I dont get simulator sickness easily so im open to a lot of stuff
>>
File: 1458141472835.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1458141472835.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>385773743
>>385772683
Ayyy since the thread is still here I will expand a bit more.

I should preface by saying that Morrowind is my favorite TES game out of the 4 I have played. Oblivion was my first entry into the series as a whole and I've played Arena, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

Now back onto topic. So the controversy as far as Skyrim's leveling system seems to me to hinge on a few points: The lack of attributes dumbs down the game, the lack of a class lowers the RP value, and every character you make can simply be good at everything due to the lack of a level cap.

For the lack of attributes most are already included in Skyrim's system. Endurance is replaced by the health stat, Strength is a mix of your skills and the encumbrance bonus of fatigue, willpower/int are in magicka, agility is also in fatigue (although due to the lack of dicerolls another major component of agility's usefulness is gone full stop). The last remaining attributes which are really not covered are personality, speed, and luck.

Personality as I said should be separated into a better speechcraft system which affects your interactions with every character in different ways. If you want to be a dickish barbarian you should have a separate option for how you proceed in speaking roles than an honor bound mage. So a completely separate system which levels on its own based off of new mechanics: reading books, opening new dialogue options with NPCs, completing quests, achieving certain ranks in certain factions, etc. Would be preferred.

Speed is a hit or miss; Skyrim introduced sprinting as a mechanic which I actually gladly accepted. Fatigue and movement speed enchants/spells could sort of make up for speed and it wouldn't be a terrible loss so long as you could move around the game world at a pace that wasn't dreadfully slow or ridiculously game breaking fast.
>>
>>385771373
Oh man I forgot how you arent allowed to break the formula of a genere or else you no longer belong in that genere.

I guess we need to de tag all the modern roguelikes because they dont play exactly lile rouge.
>>
>>385785000
I have no idea, I don't have VR for what should be obvious reasons
>>
File: 1500852381947.png (194KB, 576x699px) Image search: [Google]
1500852381947.png
194KB, 576x699px
I have to make sure I collect one of every single item, and if I don't have extra I never use that item, ever.

Item and monster compendiums with detailed item information and drawings make me hard as fuck.
>>
>>385771836
>spiderman-tier hookshot.
Mite b cool
>>
>>385785310
Actually, user backlash against developers incorrectly labeling their own action games with perma-death as Roguelikes was so bad that they invented the Rogue-lite label to describe them instead.
>>
>>385784998
A relatively short game with an interesting story and concept. Music is pretty good, battles are automatic aside from using skills. The player themself is a character in the story. I'm not really good at selling a game, you really should just try it. You'll probably know right away if you like it or not.
>>
File: 134976.gif (382KB, 460x252px) Image search: [Google]
134976.gif
382KB, 460x252px
>>385785273
Luck; while a fun dump stat, is also fairly useless when dice rolls no longer exist within the games combat mechanics. It could only really be implemented into a crit based combat system or determine various loot tables or something but that could be changed by simply changing loot charts and putting crits into a skill tree.

I would advocate strongly for a certain "level point" system to be incorporated back into the game. Say you are given "100 level points" each time you level and you can divvy them up between "50 for health, 25 for magicka, 25 for fatigue" or do any combination that you see fit. That would at least make the leveling seem a little bit more strategic and that you sort of had plan some sort of build in your head. And again those 3 areas where you attribute points do more than just give you more health, more magicka, and more fatigue. As stated previously and is already in Skyrim they can effect other areas like encumbrance, the amount of time you can sprint, magicka regen, etc.
>>
>game lets you kill santa
why isn't this more of a thing
>>
File: 1501192997420.jpg (406KB, 2193x2617px) Image search: [Google]
1501192997420.jpg
406KB, 2193x2617px
I'm so so fucking sick of mediocre trash being released to appeal to the masses, because they widen the gap between myself and the people I meet who play games.

Complete fucking trash like Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, and Battlefield 1 just define what normies experience as games, and they never ever touch the more interesting shit. It actually pisses me off when they all gush over Skyrim, when a thousand other way better and just as accessible RPGs lie just over the horizon.
The only thing that lets me talk to my friends and coworkers about games is the fact that I play League of Legends. I try to use that as a gateway to introduce them to bigger and better game but it doesn't always take. It's not that they just don't care, or that I'm telling them to play shit like Hatsune Miku masturbation simulator or DiRT or any other niche game, it's shit like "Eh, I never cared about Fallout, I played 4 and it just wasn't for me", "Skyrim is the best RPG I've ever played", "You bought Battlefield 1 yet, anon? It's the best shooter that's out!".
I know it's autistic as fuck but I just want them to play something else, to see what I see. There's so much more to their hobby that I know they'd love if they didn't get attacked by marketing for the next $60 pile of mediocre slop they'll eat up.

Just fucking kill me, I live in a nightmare world
>>
>>385785505
imagine if GRIN didnt go under and made an open world sequel to bionic commando 2009
>>
>>385785630
Have you tried DeathSpank?
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 124x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 124x90px
What's the deal with emulation? Is it piracy or what? I feel like they're always considered/treated differently although the concept is the same.

On the topic, I just got PPSSPP and a few yugioh games. Haven't sat to play them yet cuz, well, I'd like it to be mobile. I suppose its ironic.(luckily it runs good enough on my laptop to not be locked to the desktop). Even weirder is during my tests to see if it works, using the 360 controller played smoothlyl. It's all odd, playing a psp game on a pc with an xbox controller.
>>
File: 1493269172360.png (376KB, 809x608px) Image search: [Google]
1493269172360.png
376KB, 809x608px
>>385771174
>>
>>385785637
Most people are bugs, anon, following their bug instincts
>>
I can't fucking do it anymore. I hate modern vidya. I like older shit like Quake, Warcraft III and Vanilla WoW. I wish I liked new games because all my friends do is constantly talk about how great some stupid meme game is, like Overwatch, but holy fuck they make me a level of mad I can't handle, even trying to remain calm about how shit they are is hard. If it isn't the fucking gameplay, it's the fact devs don't give a rat's ass about optimizing their shit whatsoever
I'm so upset /v/
>>
File: IMG_5717.jpg (110KB, 344x970px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5717.jpg
110KB, 344x970px
>>385781060
>>
File: qt.gif (2MB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
qt.gif
2MB, 320x384px
>>385785582
As for the lack of "RP value" that would have to be made up for with an overhaul in the writing department. The main quests should encourage you to explore the world more and not set you up as any particular kind of character with a specific moral/personality alignment. That's one of the reasons I loved Morrowind so much; you might very well be the Nerevarine or you might be a guy who just sort of fell into that spot by circumstance and then you earned the rest for whatever reasons you saw fit to earn the rest of the title.

For factions there should simply be more of them and more of them should be mutually exclusive. Oblivion had a nice set up with the honor bound Fighter's Guild vs. the morally grey (later found to be abhorrent) Blackwood Company. You should have been able to join either and only as a character with sufficient combat skills and then not been able to choose both. The same can be said for the Mages Guild; have a traditional Mages Guild (or some variant) and then have a Cult of Manimarco or something. Have the Thieves Guild and then have them ban you if you join the Dark Brotherhood. Have the Silver Hand (or Dawn Guard) warring with a Vampiric faction and Werewolf faction and make it so you can only join one of each of the three.

Additionally back to the personality bit I mentioned before that would also lend a great deal to RP gameplay as you can role play as a complete dick and shake down shopkeepers for free shit or be a womanizer and fuck every Jarl from Solitude to Whiterun. But lock it off to a certain pathway with appropriate level capping so you might be able to get away with a mix and match, but to get full effectiveness you have to commit to one pathway.
>>
File: 1495678182328.png (100KB, 491x248px) Image search: [Google]
1495678182328.png
100KB, 491x248px
I can't comprehend how league of legends is so popular, my brain can't process it, my brother plays this everyday, most of the time my friends talk about games they go straight to talk about it, i don't get it, and this makes me angry, i tried the damn thing and its just killing some defenseless creatures and wait to gank someone, how something like this can make a person play it for a combined time of almost 5 months is beyond me, someone explain it to me, I want to understand
>>
>>385786009

Ur a faget
>>
File: 1458607848251.gif (495KB, 282x213px) Image search: [Google]
1458607848251.gif
495KB, 282x213px
>>385786280
The one thing I want to remedy really badly is the feeling that you NEED to grind in order to have an effective character and that is a feeling that is heavily present in Morrowind, Arena, and Oblivion. If you want to be good at what you do you have to grind or do stupid shit outside of what your class is/does. In Skyrim you could at least stick to one play style for almost the entirety of the game and remain in a good spot without the need to spam or abuse trainers.

With the big exception of Smithing which needs to be outright removed. Bring back Armorer and have perks within that tree allow you to sharpen or improve your armor like you could in Skyrim, but being able to craft your own Daedric gear cheapens the value of Daedric gear immensely. And of course that would also entail bringing back armor degradation which would also be another huge plus.

I would also love to see a "survival mode" where you had to eat/drink and diseases did much more to your character. Encumbrance would also be heavily reduced for more "realism" unless you got things like backpacks or a mule/cart.

Now if I have anyone's attention I can get into combat and some skills I would definitely want to add/bring back.
>>
>>385770094
>blastoise > venusaur > charizard
dropping them for nidoking and queen >>>>>> *
>>
>>385785637
what pisses me off is that those games HAD potential, but it was squandered in order to be more bland.

Skyrim for instance could've had dragons and the civil war in skyrim be far more blended (the "dragons" acting like a metaphor or persona for the civil war, with a more multipolar warlord-ish conflict) rather than a very themeparkish game like we got.

Or Battlefield 1 had they copied a red orchestra or project reality approach to things, (though had they made the PC version moddable that could be good enough). Instead they kept it fast-paced, arcadey and locked-down/"consistent" as fuck.

Bioshock infinite squadered a very interesting turn-of-the-century setting for a generic action shooter (oddly I'd just want it to be something of a high-budget walking simulator/a little less gratuitously violent where you can chew the scenery/absorb the time period)

I notice, the key thing that makes these games suck is fear of anything being "clunky"/"awkward", Like with interface or controls, In part this is due to consoles/controllers having so few keys/buttons compared to KBM, but it's also got to do with pandering to LCD.
>>
File: 1467884487527.jpg (74KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467884487527.jpg
74KB, 768x1024px
>>385786707
Oh also quick note on "Birthsigns" I didn't like the standing stone system but I understood why it was there. It was there so you could again change your character more or less on the fly and worked better in tandem with the leveling system they were aiming for.

What I would do instead is bring back birth signs but I would make them a sort of mini quest within the Main quest of the game. You progress to a certain point within the story and then you would be asked to seek out an astrologer (or whatever the TES equivalent is) in order to determine your sign. That would at least give you some time to play around as a character type before making a big decision like that. I would also make it a big decision and I mean is make it more similar to FO:NV's trait system where the birth signs have obvious benefits and obvious detriments. The Atronach sign is a good example; you get the big perk of a huge magicka pool and spell absorption, but then you have to deal with not regaining magicka. More of the birth signs should be like that where they change the gameplay somewhat rather than just giving you a flat out bonus, because then certain birthsigns will just be continuously ignored for ever and ever.
>>
Okami does such a shitty job with overworlds. I fucking hate it. Popcorn enemies float around like abstract scrolls and have so much pomp and circumstance with their big firey arena's flashy results screen, but their just a bunch of fucking scrolls floating around doing fuck all nothing!
If they had just let you use the cut ability right off the bat to slice the scroll on map. and then maybe show the enemy fall out of it and fade away, it'd be a little more satisfying to interact with them.

Then you get to the fucking cutter house, and they give you all this prompting to unlock the secret way into the home, and even telling you to drag a bad guy into the light, but you can't do shit till a cutscene in an entirely different location spawns a second enemy there.

Then they give you a radar to find a dog, and the radar shows you exactly where the dog should be, except he doesn't actually appear there until you talk to a NPC who's dialogue spawns the dog into existence. No contextual reason for it, just "We've never made a non-linear adventure game before and have no fucking idea how to schedule time for basic polishing that a 6 year old with RPG maker could have probably taken care of.

I grit my teeth and played up to the first dungeon, getting one of the worst controlled grappling hooks I've ever seen in a game, and fighting orochi. But it just kept taking every opportunity to make me want to turn the game off. You can't even feed a fucking animal without the game completely unloading the level you're in, just so it can play a cutscene of the animal eating, and then reload the whole god damn level. Why was- WHY!? Why not just let the animal eat on the game map? just tilt it's god damn head down and draw some heart graphics floating up over it
>>
>>385786313
It's popular because every little shit who plays it feels like a pro, even though MOBAs are watered down versions of RTS games.
>>
>>385770094
I need a game to get me back. I've been playing exclusively shitty multiplayer games that I hate with friends that make them enjoyable. Fuck overwatch and fuck league of legends. And the bastards corrupted me into liking weebshit too so my will to play games is gone. I need a pure fun mindless game to play. Cute girls might make it even better.
>>
>>385786313
>free
>incentives to play with friends
>relatively easy to run with any shitbox so 3rd worlders love it
>>
Xbox has attempted to do more for it's fans in recent years than Sony has, but because all the gooks develop for Sony, they get a free pass, this pisses me off as an idort because Sony are screwing everyone every chance they can, just look at the PS+ increases from yesterday.
>>
>>385782850
TL;DR you're a faggot, Sun and Moon are fun as hell
>>
Smash Bros. is not a fighting game, it's an "arena brawler" in the same genre as things like Power Stone, Poy Poy, Rakugaki Showtime, and Smash clones like PlayStation All-Stars and DreamMix TV. (Also a lot of mediocre licensed anime games like BLEACH Blade Battlers 2nd and the Keroro Gunsou which PS2 game, which is actually great)

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is a shit game, and "Metroidvania" is a shit genre concept (and also a shit portmanteau). It has produced nothing but unfocused platformers bloated with unnecessary content and padded-out indie platformers with wannabe "subtle" storytelling. Aria of Sorrow is the best "Metroidvania" and it's still not very good. None of them even hold a candle to Rondo of Blood.
>>
>>385788195
It's just the brand bullshit that is ruining vidya.
Though it's perfectly understandable from business point of view - devoted consumers are the best goyim. Consoles literally exist for this kind of behavior.
>>
>>385788195
This is just like how it was last generation, but it was Microsoft in the lead. I have no doubt that Sony will make a critical error in the next 5-ish years that will cause people to jump onto the Microsoft wagon again.
>>
>>385788195
Like what?
>>
>>385788393
It really is, it's ruining /v/ too
not even the PS360 era was this bad, at least shit was funny back then
>PAID ONLINE
>NO GAMES
>WAGGLAN
that shit was funny, this new shit is just being the goodest goy imaginable
>>385788406
You're right, cocky sony, then cocky microsoft, repeat.
>>
Chaika the coffin princess has giant robot dragons, cybernetic mythical monsters, Magic cast by shooting sniper rifles and WHY ISN'T IT A WILD ARMS GAME!?
Why isn't 7 Deadly sins a JRPG?
Why did we get Blue dragon instead of Magi: Labarynth?

Why does square even publish manga if they aren't going to make game deals out of them!
They had 4 fucking years to make the Daily Lives of Highschool boys RPG based on that legendary sword stick, and they let Ubisoft and Southpark beat them to it at a snails pace.
>>
>>385788458
>was literally going to do all the shit MS was, but the massive shitstorm at the 2013 E3 made them change their mind
>made paid online the norm instead of an option
>then increased the price 10$, 10 euros and 10 bong dollars
>no backwards compatibility of any sort
>no digital game transfers, have to rebuy the whole game again
>PSNow
>PS+ has a fucking god awful game selection most months
>keeping downloadable content locked to their platforms with certain games (keeping entire games is preferable)
Just the tip of the iceberg. They've been pissing me off massively recently, arrogant Sony is the fucking worst.
>>
>>385771836
The game you're looking for is called "Just Cause 3"
>>
>>385788195
Xbox originally came up with the idea of paying to play online on your console. Xbox has cancelled any potential good exclusives like Scalebound. And sure you can play Xbox One exclusives on your Windows 10 computer, but you are forced to deal with how shitty the operating system is and you're better off sticking with Windows 7 until Microsoft gets it's shit sorted again. I'm not a Sonybro, but Xbox hasn't done shit for it's fans in recent years.
Nintendo and Xbox are probably the most scummiest console companies at the moment.
But everyone decides Sony is shit for increasing their prices for PS+ when you're essentially getting a better deal from it than Xbox Live Gold. If anything, my major gripe with PS+ is the fact that it manages to get hacked every fucking year by fuckwit script kiddies. But seriously, Xbox is a nogames console and further fucking themselves over.
And console brand loyalty is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>385788964
I never said I was console loyal, I own all of them, but you're out of your mind if you don't see how Sony is fucking over fans other than PS+ sub increases.
>But everyone decides Sony is shit for increasing their prices for PS+ when you're essentially getting a better deal from it than Xbox Live Gold
this is just objectively wrong, you get to keep the 360 games you get from GWG, you don't get to keep the games on PS+
>>
>>385788748
More like tip of the Goldberg
>>
File: not a polygon jew.png (4KB, 368x376px) Image search: [Google]
not a polygon jew.png
4KB, 368x376px
>>385789227
top kek anon
>captcha is flintBERG
>>
File: ITmFI6y.jpg (983KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
ITmFI6y.jpg
983KB, 3024x4032px
So, your ordinary /v/ thread, but with any game? Sounds cool!

Anyway, i wish my the makers of my favorite game series gift me the source code. I would do anything for that opportunity. I also wish i know what to do with the source code, i don't know a shit about game making, or that i had money to hire some code monkeys to make my dream game come true.
>>
>>385788964
>when you're essentially getting a better deal from it than Xbox Live Gold
Objectively wrong
>>
>>385785310
We absolutely fucking do. I'm sick of non-FOSS indie trash slapping the "roguelike" label on everything so they can earn more jewgolds by misleading retards into thinking they're """hardcore""".
>>
>>385789389
That's less autistic and more like what an idea guy kid would say.
>>
File: mascots of gaming.png (116KB, 1023x422px) Image search: [Google]
mascots of gaming.png
116KB, 1023x422px
>>385788519
I think nowadays /v/irgins are too afraid to make jokes because they try too hard to seem that they are not trying too hard, the idea of cool now (at least here) is either to be as petty and cynical as it is possible, or to pretend to be devoid of any reason and shitpost the same stuff over and over.
>>
>>385789602
I saw a fun thread earlier today, lots of OC getting posted, and some guy comes in and starts spamming REDDIT
this is modern /v/
>that pic
classic
>>
>>385789075
You do get to keep your games from PS+.
Just need to have PS+ activated to play it, goyim. And never mind the fact that Microsoft is making you pay money for ten-year old games. Took them ages to finally to decide to let you play anything worthwhile from the OG Xbox era like Shenmue II. Originally, they also adamantly refused to do backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One.

>>385788748
>was literally going to do all the shit MS was, but the massive shitstorm at the 2013 E3 made them change their mind

You got any evidence to back that up?

>made paid online the norm instead of an option
>then increased the price 10$, 10 euros and 10 bong dollars
>no backwards compatibility of any sort
>no digital game transfers, have to rebuy the whole game again
>PSNow
>PS+ has a fucking god awful game selection most months
>keeping downloadable content locked to their platforms with certain games (keeping entire games is preferable)

Alright, good point. I agree there with this bullshit but Xbox and Nintendo isn't any better with their current bullshit either. I hate it too.
Especially when I ordered Persona 5 from overseas and couldn't use the free DLC from my region or the DLC I bought for it for my region. That shit pissed me off.
>>
File: 8 bit merchant.gif (8KB, 256x264px) Image search: [Google]
8 bit merchant.gif
8KB, 256x264px
>>385789657
>You got any evidence to back that up?
>Just need to have PS+ activated to play it, goyim
same shit for GWG, the Xbone games are generally fairly new, 360 stuff is older, but you get to keep it, Bayonetta free in august.
to be fair I remember seeing this back in like 2014, i never saved the link, and i'm unsure where to find it now, but there was a shitstorm when it was discovered, if I find it I will post asap.
>Especially when I ordered Persona 5 from overseas and couldn't use the free DLC from my region or the DLC I bought for it for my region.
you're fucking joking

of course, pic related is the reason why video games are shit
>>
File: hXUsg3Z.jpg (48KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hXUsg3Z.jpg
48KB, 480x270px
>>385789595

>tfw you can't even do autism correctly
>>
I can't play most online games. Something about having to rely on other people online and having other people rely on you make me feel like it's more of a chore than a fun activity. The MOBA train left me behind and all I can see are my friends getting absurdly angry whenever they play stuff like LOL and all I do is wonder why they keep playing.
>>
>>385789880
>make me feel like it's more of a chore than a fun activity.
this is where i'm at in life, I barely play versus games anymore, co-op yeah, but not versus MP.
>>
>>385770094
I hate grinding. But I played Disgeae the other day and made a cute healer, fire mage and warrior and I felt like grinding, I felt as if I had betrayed myself.
I still want to grind because I want my cute characters to not be fucking useless but don't know how.
>>
>>385779209
I feel your pain, anon. I agree with everything you've said 100%. I'd kill for a new Rune Factory. It's got so damn much promise and potential for improvement.
>>
The RPG elements in metroidvanias are a crutch for bad game design.
That includes SOTN.
>>
File: tfw no gw.jpg (224KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no gw.jpg
224KB, 1600x1200px
>>385770094
I live in a constant state of tormented purgatory because Guild Wars 1 is old and dead, Guild Wars 2 is shit, and there is not one single other game that uses Guild Wars 1's skill/build system nor fills any of Guild Wars 1's hybrid MMO niche. All I want to do is have a new experience similar to my first experience with Guild Wars 10 years ago and yet that is an impossible task. I'm seriously considering making it my life goal to develop my own spiritual successor to Guild Wars. I am obsessed, I think about this on an hourly basis, it haunts me in my sleep.
>>
File: 1497146180103.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497146180103.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>385790005
Which Disgaea?
Also the best way to grind is to get a gold text weapon for your character, go to the item world, skip floors and level it up.
Then you do that with equipment, pass the bill to make the enemies stronger, then kill everything effortlessly.
You're gonna want a couple Mr. gency exits though
Mr.Gency Exit
Emergency exit
>>
File: 1501436716733.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501436716733.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>385770094
I'm really fucking bad at Monster Hunter but I really like the monster designs and the lore. All of my cool friends play, including a few really pretty girls, but I am just so fucking bad I'm scared to even play with them. I keep trying the games hoping that I'll maybe be able to get into them but they're just so fucking hard and my reflexes and instincts are just so fucking bad. I want to like these games so much but I can barely beat the early monsters. Maybe World will be different....
At least I know I'll be able to beat Stories
>>
>>385790559
The first one. Thanks for the advice.
>>
File: p4-yosuke-shades-750.png (202KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
p4-yosuke-shades-750.png
202KB, 640x300px
The only reason I play some plot heavy games and or JRPGs (Persona, SMT, FF, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Disgaea) Its not because I enjoy them, but because I like discussing them on /v/, though I don't consider them to be bad, most of the time I force myself to finish them since I don't find them fun.

The games I actually enjoy are Beat Em Ups (Old ones like Final Fight or new ones like Bayonetta), Artsy games (Shadow of the Colossus, Killer7, etc.) and rhythm games (EBA, Gitaroo man, Guitar Hero even), but most of the time those kind of games have very little discussion and if they ever get a thread it is dedicated entirely to shitposting.
>>
>>385790120
RPG elements can add more to a metroidvania than they take away from it, as long as they're done right.
It can make a give an unskilled player a way forward with enough persistance, and it can make for a hell of a hardmode as well.

SotN definitely uses it as a cruch,
though. If you play one level out of sequence you can end up making half the game way too easy, and 90% of the equipment useless.
>>
>>385790559
I hate how phantom brave just assumes you're familiar with all these mechanics when you go into one of those exp grinding dungeons for the first time.

Cause I hadn't played them, PB was my first NIS game in 2006, and I spent a long as time trying to figure out how to get out of that fucking dungeon before losing 4 hours worth of progress.
>>
>>385785637
Are there any hidden gems you would recommend as of right now?
>>385770094
I unironically want to go back to these days https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBHArAqP-iQ
>>
>>385770094

I love metal gear rising and I wish more political games were written like that and not full of retarded dogma
>>
File: fuck this.jpg (20KB, 211x300px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this.jpg
20KB, 211x300px
So I was playing Spongebob: the movie: the game and I fucking hated it. The forced driving sections if you want to progress, the poor level design that almost never deviates from a single path, just dreadful. Battle for Bikini Bottom was better in almost every area, which is a shame because I actually remember liking this when it came out.

But you know what the real problem is? I was at one of the last levels in the game, got to the very end, and died at the same time I activated a cutscene which apparently causes the game to think you've never watched it, and because you need to watch it in order to finish the level I ended up bricking the fucking game with no way to progress. It's particularly shitty because the last stretch is a glitchy platforming section so it's really hard not to die. Anyway, I looked it up and apparently I'm the only one who has ever encountered this problem. So I started another fucking file, spent hours getting back to where I was, only for the exact same FUCKING thing to happen all because I missed 1 jump.

I usually don't get mad at games, but damn. How can somebody design this? How did this get by so many people?
>>
>>385792259
STANDING HERE
>>
>>385792347
You want to play a real Spongebob game? Play Revenge of the Flying Dutchman.
>>
>>385771050
Wakfu or Ragnarok online, nigger
>>
>>385770094
did you really need make a thread for this
>>
>>385775595
so why they banned you?
>>
>>385770094
Super Mario 64 level design when you think about it is like a Theme park.
Typically, there is one or 2 central structures (typically mountains) and several attractions as you head towards the main structure.
In Mario Sunshine, the levels felt similar, but were structured like a resort (obviously in the graphics and aesthetics department) where each level is structured like a vacation. Each mission and what order you do them in is what it would be like to visit the tourist spots when you're on vacation.
Idk about the Galaxy and 3D land/world games. Their level design philosophy just seems to be making the classic 2D side scrollers 3D since they are so linear.
I'm really glad Odyssey is getting back to the roots. From what I've seen, it takes a lot from SM64.
>>
>>385770094
I finally want an MMO that respects the genre and itself enough to be more than just a WoW clone.

Tera, FFXIV, BDO and ESO all ape WoW to the extent that it becomes pathetic, as though the devs didn't think anyone would play a game that stood on its own merits. Each has a gimmick that makes tries to pass itself off as unique, but at the end of the day you're following the same stale formula that Blizzard created nearly 15 fucking years ago.

Guild Wars 2 and EVE Online each try to do their own thing, but the devs forgot to make the game actually fun while they did that. EVE Online is horribly fucking boring and requires a time investment in the hundreds of hours before you can do anything remotely influential, and Guild Wars 2's PvE is a disorganized clusterfuck mess with no defined roles for characters to play except DPS.

It's 20-fucking-17. It's time for an MMO that does something different. People have machines and internet connections that can handle more complex mechanics than "Tap these keys in sequence as they light up" and "occasionally move out of the way of an attack".

It's time for a game with the open world on the level of Skyrim or Breath of the Wild, with a combat system with depth like something out of For Honor or Soul Calibur, with a crafting system that rewards players who invest the hours instead of a pointless diversion that any chump can make a few gold off of. Its time for PvE and PvP to stop being segregated to appease housewives and 12 year olds who hate conflict. Its time for death to mean something again, instead of an ultimately pointless inconvenience. Its time for combat effectiveness to stop being determined by an arbitrary number attached to your gear, but by the actual skill of the player. Its time for character creation to have choices that matter, and classes that dont adhere to the "Holy Trinity" of Heals, DPS, and Tank. For fuck's sake, its time to stop pretending that WoW Lite is "good enough".
>>
>>385790559
UH OH
>>
I'm playing Albion online so much
I'm losing control of my life
>>
>>385794210
Nintendo 64 games focused mostly on spiral designs.

Most of the mario 64 levels were mountains or towers that you would climb around in a corkscrew pattern, because that pattern was 3D, linear and compact

With Super Mario sunshine, they had a ton more room for everything, so they didn't worry about packing it together, but this also spread everything too far out because it was still mostly on the same flat surface.

They addressed that problem with Galaxy by isolating the small sections into their own planets and just launching you from one to the other.

Super compact - Spread out and flat - spread out but railroaded.
>>
File: 1488397786936.png (638KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
1488397786936.png
638KB, 1000x708px
>>385771174
>tfw felt empty and alone again after finishing Persona 5
>tfw played it two more times
>>
I want a game like the witcher 3 but I want to play as a Wizard/Mage. I love casting magic
>>
File: final (2).jpg (97KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
final (2).jpg
97KB, 625x416px
I just want them to continue to flesh out and add things to Friday the 13th: The Game. The aesthetics and feeling are the closest to an actual horror movie I have ever found and the game itself has so much potential. But there is nothing really there under the surface right now and I fear that the developers do not really have much left planned for it, even though they continue to say they do.

And even if they do, I'm worried the community will be long dead by that point and won't even be worth it. It might not be my favourite game ever, but as a horror movie fanatic, god DAMN do I love it for that.

I just want it to flourish and live for awhile. But it needs so much more than 3 similar maps and one game play mode.
>>
>>385788657
>They had 4 fucking years to make the Daily Lives of Highschool boys RPG
I didn't even know I wanted this. I really want this.
>>
Symphony of the Night is the better Metroidvania.
Super Metroid has a bad habit hiding stuff that you need/things you need to do like it's their most precious secrets. No I'm not talking about the pipe. There's many more cases of what I'm talking about.
On the other hand SoTN only hides from you a few EXTRA secret rooms and the secret to getting to the inversed castle.
But all the things you need to obtain are definitely within your reach, they're just behind a power-up wall, like flying, or fog, or even boots that made you invincible to spikes.
SM does the opposite and goes "LMAO REMEMBER THAT WALL THAT WASN'T ANY DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER WALL?"
"WELL YEAH YOU HAVE TO SHOOT IT/POWERBOMB IT/WHATEVER KEK"
I'm not saying SM is a bad game, but just that SoTN is the better Metroidvania.
>>
File: 1468888333263.png (202KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1468888333263.png
202KB, 365x363px
I think about it the more I hate Pharah on how she looks and plays in game.
The first thing I think of when I see it is that it looks sleek and fast. It looks like it traded durability for mobility. All the bulk has been trimmed off and the only things left are the essentials. So I'm willing to pardon things like her health having no armor despite being in a powersuit.
But when you play in game it's a slow, unmaneuverable piece of shit. You just lazily float around. There's nothing like a harsh dive, there's no thrust vectoring, there's no recoil from firing a rocket launcher, there's nothing that I would have actually liked to see from her design.

D'Va's mech is fucking retarded. It's a top-heavy absolutely disgusting mech and leaves the pilot exposed to danger. And this thing was supposed to be made to fight Kaijus? Get fucking real. I'm inversely disappointed with this to Pharah because I was not expecting anything from it but I see D'Va and that garbage MS every single game.
D'Va herself is also trash. Her entire character is based around "us gamers, huh"? Her voice and lines are unbearable. None of the other characters interact with her that isn't grating to think about. To the point where the bad bitch Widowmaker only says that a battlefield is no place for a child.
>>
File: 1501495821836.jpg (39KB, 720x502px) Image search: [Google]
1501495821836.jpg
39KB, 720x502px
As a drawfag I want more drawing games that make drawing into a game and not just a little side tool for it. Imagine a drawing game with a ranked ladder, I want that. Competitive drawfag spirit
>>
>>385774694
This isn't autism it's just correct.
>>
I believe Gacha games are the more efficient way to play an RPG.

The only feasible reason to play any RPGs nowadays(including MMOs) is for the story/roleplay. You notice this by how all the character RPGs all have in depth character interaction mechanics, much more than they did last decade. As for MMOs, you can get the same satisfaction grinding as a Buildfag in merely 1/20th the time in a Gacha game.

Once Gacha games improve their gameplay in the next upcoming years and add more player interactions(like in Unison League or that mobile SAO game), they'll easily replace all other forms of RPGs.
>>
>>385796621
it'd come down to pandering to the lowest common denominator
can you handle that, anon?
>>
I wish the first-person genre hadn't died a slow death with a few FPS games and devs had explored it more with other genres, before (if) VR takes off and it all becomes mostly about the sensation of having wand input and whatnot. It's not that I don't look forward to see what VR will eventually bring once it's past the gimmick stage and I can afford it years from now, it's that I wonder why you can count the number FP-RPGs (or even First-person puzzlers) on one hand while CoD literally still exists and meanwhile every other action game has become a third-person cover shooter. Just feels like there's a gap left mostly unexplored somewhere and it'll be about a decade or two before VR will produce interesting first-person games (exceptions notwithstanding and I hope I'm wrong, also that I'll be able to afford it some time before I die).
>>
I really want a game where you play as a dragon. You're in a cave, you've got the start of a hoard, you can choose to trade with the local populace or raid it or dig deeper into the earth for riches. You learn magic shit, you acquire items of great power, you occasionally fight idiot adventurers that try to steal your shit.

Some kind of mix of dwarf fortress and dungeon keeper, really. I'd pay $100 for it, no joke.
>>
>>385779483
JRPG existed as a descriptor to classify a divergence in style that started in the 80s and continued through the 90s as western devs pursued the cutting edge of new tech while eastern devs instead attempted to perfect what they already had.

In the face of games like Dragons Dogma and FROMSOFT's entire catalogue it's no longer a term anyone should be using honestly because diminishing returns have begun to set in with turn based gameplay by now.
>>
File: 1501455820208.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501455820208.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>385797276
It'd come down to pandering to whatever the rules are to winning the game, I just want something that lets me ladder with art. Site's and contests like artfight or OCT's don't do it for me, I need to see those points going up like the cocaine fueled system most competitive games have running. Combining my art autism with a gaming ladder would be a dream come true. I want to see an art metagame evolve and take form
>>
File: weaken[1].jpg (6KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
weaken[1].jpg
6KB, 48x48px
Weaken is a fucking mistake. It is the only skill in all of Diablo 2 that is good for absolutely nothing. There is never a point in time where you would ever want to use it. All it does is -33% target damage. Just for reference, decrepify does -50% target damage, plus -50% enemy physical resistance, plus 50% slow. So not only is decrepify better at weakening enemy damage, it also gives other valuable properties. Even stupid skills like grim ward, bash, conversion, psychic hammer, confuse and thorns can be put to good use in special circumstances. I've literally played hundreds of mods for Diablo 2, and there has never been a single instance where I even considered using weaken. And to make matters worse, weaken is actually an active disadvantage, being the only skill in the entire game that you are worse off using than not, since it means you are denying yourself from using a better curse. Weaken is such an enormous disadvantage that I've stopped using equipment on mods that would otherwise be best in slot because they had to have "chance to cast weaken when struck/on striking/on attack" as a property. The only good thing, the only saving grace of weaken, is that it dilutes the oblivion knight's pool of curses, but that is like saying cancer is good because it sometimes kills bad people.
>>
File: IMG_1768.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1768.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
>>385771851
>>
>>385793018
This is one the best threads I've seen in a while, people do nothing but discuss video games
>>
>>385784125
super late, but this might be more up your alley then
http://rhythmdr.com/
>>
>>385770094

I hate paladins.

I don't get why people like it more than ow when all it has ocer it is being free.

The sound design is atrocious, the characters are boring as fuck. The unlocking system is fucking god awful, give me every character at the beginning or don't release it for free at all. The cards are needless, especially the ones you can "buy" in match, mostly because temporary progression in multiplayer games is fucking stupid. Even more so when it's a god damn fps and it can just be easily replaced by unlockable guns or something. The matchmaking is somehow worse than ow, and that's fucking terrible in its own right. None of the weapons, abilities, anything feel good to use, at all. Nothing has any fucking impact and the dreadful hitsound doesn't help.
>>
I wish western games had more sexual appeal like they used to have.
>>
dangan ronpa has got to be one of the greatest games i've bought on a whim. usually I do research into a game to see if ill like it.
I didn't do it this time but I never regretted it
>>
>>385778053
This is really sweet anon. Me too. Me too.
>>
>>385798330
Yeah /v/ will do the opposite of what you ask so actually ASKING for autism gives you a real thread suddenly
>>
I hate what video games have done to me. I'm a false, incapable, masturbatory excuse for a human being too content to let things come to me as opposed to looking for them. I deserve nothing. I will die penniless and alone and no one will care, and all shall be as it should be.
liking traps is fucking gay
>>
>>385771821
That's not autistic, that's what a normal person would think.
>>
File: aven.png (486KB, 445x620px) Image search: [Google]
aven.png
486KB, 445x620px
I have recently pirated Aven Colony because it looked like Tropico in space, which obviously sounds cool.

It obviously tried to copy Tropico with the quirky humor, but didn't manage to capture the charm of pre-Modern Times Tropico, instead having the cringy Modern Times humor.

But what struck me the most was the lacking UI. In a game where placement of things is very important, it used terrible color scheme where adjacent colors blend in with each other and telling apart "blue" from "slightly bluer" requires having both next to each other. Farm efficiency display displays per-tile efficiency, but greenhouses are all 2x2 tiles, meaning that you have to mouseover multiple possible positions to find the best one.
Well, you don't HAVE to, because the game is way too easy on high difficulties, but you have to if you want to play well and not just well enough.

There are buildings that mass-produce different resources, but do so without proper prioritization or limits. So you can have a giant stack of viagra drugs for happiness, while good goy productivity drugs run out completely.

There are some bullshit micro-heavy mechanics which are simply bad design in a city building game. Like not being able to turn off a building unless you're running out of electricity. And then it will turn itself on automatically, meaning more micro.
Micro in a game with active pause at that.

I'm not sure if I actually like city builder games.
They're like zombie movies: cool in principle, but all of the implementations suck.
>>
I'll never for the sake of my life understand how or why people prefer Western games over Japanese games, specially "modern" western games.

Japanese games are superior in practically all aspect. Artstyles, stories, characters, writing, voice acting, themes, plots, the variety is out of this world, and even fucking developers from quality of their devving to them as persons.

Instead of making a big fuss over everything they just make whatever the fuck they want and say "purese enjoy geemu" and that's the end of it. Because they know what they make doesn't appeal for everyone but of bitching about how everyone else has shit taste for not liking their game or whatever they don't give a shit and just keep appealing to the niche they know will enjoy their game.
>>
I have over 1000 hours clocked in BotW. rip
>>
>>385772939
this

fallout, bg1 2 they were good for the first time, but than its just gets tedious and time consuming

i fucking hate that theres nothing i can do with my fighter in the bg games, just standing there and drinking potions

also this 90+ hours to finish meme
i always get frustrated when im coming close to the ending, because i have played so much with the game so i know its problems and its boring parts
and then the endings just drag on, as a high level op shit i still have to do shit quests for npcs just to be able to go on

like in bg2 when i had to earn the trust of some elfes to be able to enter the elf city if i recall it correctly
>than find something in that city before killing the final boss
>than killing the final boss
>than in hell doing some shit quest
>and than killing again the final boss
>>
>>385799720
>not being able to tell apart "than" and "then"
>showing that you're aware of both, then still getting it wrong afterwards
>/b/ punctuation+capitalization
>>
File: Galdon_Dinosaur_planet_64_0001.jpg (17KB, 477x359px) Image search: [Google]
Galdon_Dinosaur_planet_64_0001.jpg
17KB, 477x359px
I artistically hold Star Fox Adventures up in higher regard than it deserves because it's all that's left of Rare's magnum opus Dinosaur Planet. When it was cancelled I was depressed, it was their last 64 game and I'd been following them as autistic Rareophile so I knew it was probably going to get cancelled anyway. But somehow despite being mangled I felt that it got to live on as Star Fox Adventures. As long as Star Fox lived, so too would the History of Sauria or whatever the fuck they called it in Assault.

When Nintendo announced Zero I died inside because they were rebooting Star Fox, Rare's last legacy that Nintendo still owns...deleted by that chode Miyamoto. I don;t even like Krystal, but she's final legacy of what cold have been Rare's final game. They took everything else when they left for Microsoft and Nintendo's slowly been replacing what little is left of Rare's mark on Nitendo.

Well there's always Diddy I guess.
>>
I just finished The Last Guardian and it wasn't worth the wait at all.

I have never been a puzzle video game guy (but I did enjoy ICO). The experience of puzzle video games is something I find very fragile. There's a very fine line where a player (or maybe just me) can be thinking "what am I missing about this problem" which can soon turn into "what the fuck does the developer want me to do?" The latter was pretty much what The Last Guardian was like for me because there was, I think, very little use of environmental cues and just very bad map design in general.

This was really hammered in by their decision to use a narrator for hints and constant onscreen prompts. The game at times even outright RELIED on them to tell the player how to solve puzzles. Prompting me to dive when I'm in water to look for an underwater passage even though I just entered the puzzle room, narrating that Trico is hungry, etc. It's so damn frustrating to get into the game only to be ripped out of it because of these things.

The puzzles themselves weren't even really that hard. They were just complicated by having to cooperate with an intentionally uncooperative AI. You can solve a puzzle the moment you look at it but then spend the next 10 minutes getting the dumb thing to do what you want. I only recall one puzzle giving me that Eureka moment instead of an exacerbated groan, one where I had to make use of the tidal wave that Trico makes when he dives into water to reach a higher area.

There were a few glimpses of proper game design such as how to handle the soldiers being conditioned into the player at the very beginning of the game but there were others that didn't seem to come up to the developers in QA such as Trico roaring then backing off conditioning me to think something's scaring him off but at some point, he's just doing that because he's preparing for a long jump. There were a lot of things like that in the game where the developer's just showed lack of foresight and testing.
>>
I sucked pretty damn hard at WoW for about a year after starting it and i had trouble fitting in with guilds and getting raid spots because of that. I mained a demo/destro at the time and i was pretty much always the last/ second last dps in the roster, but the officers often just picked me because i was always on time and i would never leave mid-raid for any reason.

About 2 months before Ulduar hit i was told by the GM that our roster was full of dedicated warlocks and that it would be a good idea to switch to an alt class if i wanted to get a guaranteed spot (or a spot ever again for that matter). I had an alt shaman who was main heal spec, but he told me that what he needed in our roster was an enha shaman.

Which had THE MOST FUCKING UNCOMFORTABLE NIGHTMARE OF A ROTATION IN THE HISTORY OF MEMEORPGAS EVER, A 15 FUCKING BUTTON ROTATION FILLED UP THE BUTT WITH MICROMANAGEMENT.

And so we started to "gear-up" the shaman while i was trying to weasel my way into a ranged dps/healer spot through spare gear. At the same time, i also tried to figure out how to survive that mess...that's when i discovered macros.

I must have spend at least 2 weeks trying to figure that shit out but at the end of this entire mess and through the usage of a fuckton of macros, within and outside the game engine as well as some barely legal mods i managed to shorten the duration down to 3 spam-able buttons with 2 optional ones, my character was pretty much a bot at this point.

And here comes Ulduar and suddenly i am on the first dps spots, then through some sorting of the rotation i ended up first dps by a margin in most bosses. I don't think i had ever been as happy or proud in my life, i did Mimiron 10 man hard mode server first and then i run as number one dps all the way up to the end of Cata when the guild disbanded.

They never figured out that i was running the most difficult rotation in the entire game solery through botting.
>>
>>385773194
Try these:
Fata Morgana
The Silver Case
Ace Attorney
>>
>>385790005
>I hate grinding. But I played Disgeae the other day and made a cute healer, fire mage and warrior and I felt like grinding
Ah, fuck. That sounds like it'd happen to me. Guess I'll give it a try.
>>
File: CaNB3j6UUAAgMFo.jpg (59KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CaNB3j6UUAAgMFo.jpg
59KB, 1024x576px
>>385770094
Can I create my own character, play as a girl, spend in-game money on clothes and play dress up in between having adventures? I'm sold.

I spent like $3,000,000 on clothes alone all from money I earned in-game casually.
>>
>>385773781
Try Crypt of the Necrodancer
>>
>>385803585
own it, but found I don't have much patience for roguelikes/lites. Heard there was an expansion though so I might give it another shot.
>>
>>385803585
>>385803652
I don't know if I'd call it a "traditional" rhythm game either desu. You need a sense of rhythm to play, but the focus is growing your knowledge of the roguelite elements and related strategies, not necessarily your sense of rhythm or dexterity.
>>
>>385771821
I'll toss one on if it's an event or something or if I want background noise. I rarely care enough to need to put BG noise in though
>>
Final Fantasy 10 is to me one of the greatest things ever made. I know it isn't perfect, but for me it is. Its one of the only games I could replay over and over again.
>>
>>385796621
Oh shit nigga
That could be seriously cool.
>>
>>385803730
It's not a traditional game, yeah.
You absolutely need to learn how to play properly, but no rhythm will kill you just as much. Especially one of the extra characters, if you miss a beat, you die. No ifs.
It's really a combination of genres, but it works so well.
>>
>>385781863
then why is it that nobody objects when games like Dark Cloud, Kingdom Hearts, even the recent Final Fantasy games are called JRPGs? They're action based, but they're still JRPGs
>>
>>385781616
JRPG is not a fucking genre.
turn-based RPG is in fact a term that you can use to describe... turn-based RPG
>>
>>385806124
Don't know much about Dark Cloud, but FF is more or less grandfathered in. KH is both made with staff known for making JRPGs and feels nothing like Western Action RPGs, so the name kinda makes sense from that angle. I still associate ARPGs with Diablo and such anyways.
>>
OVERWATCH IS FUCKING SHIT FUCK YOU

ASS CREED IS ALSO GARBAGE
>>
Junkrat is fucking annoying
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.