[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to tackle the backlog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: SyXB99V.jpg (5KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
SyXB99V.jpg
5KB, 240x210px
>try to tackle the backlog
>>
>Tackling backlog
>Get urge to replay game you've already replayed twice

>>385768832
This is only a bad thing if you have shit taste and loaded your backlog or steam account with a bunch of shit games
>>
>>385768832
>remembering you have a backlog when theres a sale
>>
File: 1430807809166.png (204KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
1430807809166.png
204KB, 800x670px
>>385768832
>Actually tackle backlog
>Realize most of /v/'s recommendations are not shit

I've been playing some really good games recently. Thanks again bros.
>>
File: FUCK.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>force self to play game for 3 hours
>Finally gets fun and am glad I played it
>>
File: laughter.gif (966KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.gif
966KB, 200x150px
>>385768832
>Mfw no backlog
>>
>>385768832
>caring about a backlog
>not just playing shit you want to play
Protip: this is an excellent attitude to get into, it actually helps you size down your backlog
>>
>tackle the backlog
>pause the game to browse /v/ for a minute like the junkie I am
>open thread full of anons fellating some obscure game
>get the urge to play it
>>
>>385769079
>Hate game the first time i played it and put it away in disgust
>Play it again months later and i enjoy it

Guess i just wasnt in the right frame of mind. Work has a lot to do with it. Sometimes i get the feeling of 'you have work tommorow, you shouldnt be playing this shit game' when in reality its pretty good and im just bitter i have to go to work tommorow.
>>
guys how do I get the motivation to start playing underrail again
>>
Only buy a game when you know you are immediately going to start playing it. Backlog is a retarded concept invented by people who can't control themselves.
>>
>>385769224
in theory, yes, but there have been plenty of games I've bought and thought "ugh, I can't be bothered to play this" and then when I get down to it I love it.
>>
>>385769224
Why would a game be on your backlog if you didn't want to play it?
>>
File: 995674463554.jpg (4KB, 248x144px) Image search: [Google]
995674463554.jpg
4KB, 248x144px
>tfw gave up on backlog because you don't like playing games that much anymore
>>
>>385769484
There's more than a few games on my backlog that are there simply because they were free from humble bundle
>>
>>385769420
then the problem is you
>>385769484
>being this autistic
>>
>>385769303
This happened to me a couple times to the point that now I'm kinda worried if I missed out on any legitimately great titles, biggest fucking example of this happening to me was Thief Gold, I barely played the first level and said "fuck it, this is boring"

I don't even know if it was months or years later that I finally decided to play it again and now I honestly consider it the best stealth game I've ever played, I wanna play the second one now too but I never get around to it
>>
>>385769385
I still have a backlog but that's almost entirely due to humble bundle. I only want one game from there but then get like 4 more that I never play.

But that being said I haven't bought a game in well over a year now. Mostly because I've got too many games to finish as is.
>>
>>385769303
This is exactly what happened to me with FO1, Morrowind, Dark Forces, and Deus Ex. Now they're some of my favorite games ever.
>>
File: 1492657912274.jpg (129KB, 556x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492657912274.jpg
129KB, 556x720px
>>385769637
>>385769681
A backlog isn't a list of games that you simply have but have not played, it is a list of games that you want to play but due to whatever circumstances you have been unable to so you throw them on the list and get to them later on when you can.
>>
>>385769040
this guy gets it
>>
>treating your hobby like a chore
sad
>>
>>385769841
>A backlog isn't a list of games that you simply have but have not played, it's [the exact thing I just said it wasn't]
ok
>>
>tackle backlog
>videogames
>vomit and return here
>>
>>385769637
and by this I don't mean "oh it came with 3 other shit games I don't care about"

I mean they gave away games like shadow warrior and red orchestra and that one weird thing sega did where they gave away binary domain and JSR free.
>>
>Try and tackle my vidya backlong
>Get reminded of my literature backlog
>Try to tackle the literature backlog
>Get reminded of my vidya backlog
>>
>>385770634
>not reading your book between button inputs
>>
>>385770634
I'm trying to do both, but I'll be right next door to a nice bookstore on Friday and I know I'm going to make things worse.
>>
>>385770634
the internet has completely killed my drive to read a book
>>
>>385770969
>not playing 4 games at a time while you flip books around you with your tongue
amateur
>>
>>385770634
Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.
>>
>>385768832

Three days now I told myself all day every day I will fucking start playing Lisa. Every day I haven't done it, I just sit here bored doing nothing instead. I'm literally not doing anything entertaining right now and there's just this weird intangible aversion I have to playing new games, even though I am pretty sure it's an awesome game and I'd like to play it.
>>
>pirate 3ds
>suddenly tens of games to play
>don't play any
>shitpost all day
Why this keep happening
>>
File: 007.jpg (279KB, 1113x1600px) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
279KB, 1113x1600px
>Have a substantial backlog of great singleplayer games I haven't beaten on my account for years
>Skyrim (have 200+ hours in it in different saves exploring every nook and cranny, doing side quests, mods, etc but never got far in the main questline nor DLC), div: original sin, dark souls 2 and 3, witcher 2 and 3, gta 5 campaign, sleeping dogs, etc etc
>While not as easy and as addictive to jump into as my tried and true Overwatch, natural selection 2, chiv, pubg, I know I would enjoy them if I forced myself to boot them up and spend at least 30 minutes getting into it
>Almost never do

Damn it.

>>385770634
This is a good reflection on my the human condition. Were never not quite satisfied, there's some stressor placed on ourselves, usually by yourself to try to improve something. I've had a similar issue, while I have that random stressful thought that im wasting money by not reducing my backlog and diminishing the experience by not beating these games around the times they were released and subsequently stand out among the competition. I've ironically been hitting my literature backlog pretty well between reading during my lunch shifts and on campus, between long studying sessions, etc but I have made fuck all progress with my vidya backlog.
>>
File: topgun.jpg (47KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
topgun.jpg
47KB, 480x320px
>>385768832
just fucking do it op
>consolefag for my entire life
>get pc because i came into a large sum of money
>get a huge list of recommendations
>have backlog bigger than your mom
>computer is a 4chan machine for basically a year
>decide to finally tackle the backlog
>discover my favorite game ever made, half-life
>play through all the pc classics
>7/10 of my favorites games are now pc exclusive
cheers lads
>>
>>385772927
Opposite you/me here

>Be PCfag
>Game selection dries up
>Get into collectan so console is my only choice.
>Need to play all the must plays from PS1 going forward and im overwhelmed by how much good shit there is to wade through

You dont even notice the pixels or lower resolution when you are having fun.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.