[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: DGGElplXkAAEF8t.jpg (367KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DGGElplXkAAEF8t.jpg
367KB, 2048x1536px
What did they mean by this?
>>
it's normal to clap when something ends
t. americlap
>>
>>385754509
What is this from?
>>
Everyone i know talks like that in real life trying to be a marvel or rick and morty character
>>
it's a epic joke
laugh
>>
>>385754729
Siggraph 2017. Advances in Real-Time Rendering.

Actually I'm not sure, just a random guess.
>>
>>385754509
>we are so intelligent cause we can critically observe society xD

Lmao fuck that SJW bullshit. Awkwardly acknowledging social norms for no apparent reason is as SJW as it gets.
>>
>>385754509
having the shadow on the left reveal the speaker to be a woman is icing on the cake. Bungie is dead.
>>
>/v/ getting triggered by an innocent little quip
>>
>>385754883
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>385754509
>Please Clap
Jeb Bush 2016.
>>
I think it was a slightly awkward joke both cheekily signalizing self-deprication ("haha, we know we maybe weren't actually interesting enough to warrant an applaus, but our self-awareness will make you feel sympathetic and clap anyway") play. And maybe just a innocuous jab at how everybody talks about social norms and how they are these big powers around...

WIthout context to the rest of the presentation, it seems completely harmless, even if a bit awkward.
>>
>>385754509
It's clearly SJW pandering since it contains the word 'social'
>>
>live in mexico
>movie ends
>crowd starts singing "OLE! OLE OLE OLE! OOLLLEEE! OLLEEE!
>>
http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2017/index.html
Apparently they were talking about D2's particle effects or something
>>
>>385754509
You must be european? This is a normal custom in clapistan.
>>
>>385754509
Fucking SJW cucks, I wish that someone went and shot them.
>>
>>385754509
I feel like it's sjw related
>>
>See a wrestling show.
>The audience ruins it and is disrespectful by chanting and holding up signs and heckling the performers.
>>
>>385755296
why don't they just use physx
>>
>>385755206
Consider the fact that the speaker is a woman. It's typical for feminists and liberals to oppose and criticize norms for the sake of criticizing norms, no matter how harmless or minor they are. The same people who feel the need to make a quip about the norm of clapping are the people who think trannies are normal people.
>>
>>385755448
Console limitations
>>
This whole thread is just a perfect proof of how incredibly easy is to get people triggered over meaningless shit, and how they just create their own models and symbols of opression and iconography of enemies.
>>
>americlappers
>>
>>385754509
It means they wanted to be booed at since the game journalists in the room no doubt hate social norms.
>>
File: IMG_8966.jpg (74KB, 750x906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8966.jpg
74KB, 750x906px
Jesus Christ, you all try to find some hidden SJW meaning in everything don't you?
It's sarcastic/a joke. Get over yourselves
>>
>>385755646
>>385755732
found the sjws
>>
[claps in american]
>>
>>385755492
>Consider the fact that the speaker is a woman. It's typical for feminists and liberals to oppose and criticize norms for the sake of criticizing norms, no matter how harmless or minor they are. The same people who feel the need to make a quip about the norm of clapping are the people who think trannies are normal people.
First of all, that would suggest that most people in this thread were women too.

Also, have you ever heard of the Thematic apperception test? Because that is basically what is going on here right now.
>>
File: 1436900252389.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1436900252389.gif
410KB, 221x196px
It's getting hard to tell what's ironic, false flagging, or legitamate reactions in these threads anymore.

we're too far down the rabbit hole
>>
>>385755646
Kill yourself, cuck.
>>
>>385756008
Of course it's all a false flag
To make everyone go "FUCKING DESTINY"
Followed by "FUCKING BUNGIE"
Followed by "FUCKING VIDYA GAEMS"
When in reality it was just a harmless, slightly self-deprecating joke
>>
>>385754883

>Awkwardly acknowledging social norms for no apparent reason is as SJW as it gets.

Dude, most of us swore off getting married and having children because we're jaded by chinese cartoons.
>>
oooh edgy
>>
>>385755732
>Jesus Christ, SJWs all try to find some hidden oppressive meaning in everything don't they?
>It's sarcastic/a joke. Get over yourselves

Ftfy you senpai :^)
>>
>>385755646
You do realize that people who may come off as angry via a message on anonymous board does not mean that they are actually angry? People tend to exaggarate in their messages. What's important is the actual message, not how it is delivered.
>>
>>385755732
Its clearly that snarky sjw jokey kinda humor, please leave
>>
>>385756187

>Implying most of us even had a choice in the matter
>>
>>385756247
So you agree that you're literally just as bad as SJWs?
>>
>>385754883
Where is the social injustice in people customarily clapping at the end of a presentation to be polite? Seems more like just a lame joke than anything SJW to me
>>
>>385754883

Apart from us that also critique societal norms?
>>
File: 1465588303528.jpg (60KB, 347x424px) Image search: [Google]
1465588303528.jpg
60KB, 347x424px
>>385756332
>Implying I don't make fun of Alt-cucks just as much as SJWs
One day you'll realize not to assume just because someone makes fun of one they automatically subscribe to the opposite
>>
>>385754509
Usually at the end of a speech, people will applaud.
>>
>>385756258
THe form does not matter to me as much as the fact that this is something that A) gets immediately incorporate itno their already pre-existing notions and B) they find it still important enough to go and pretent to be even more mad than they are.
THat alone is already bad.
>>
>>385754763
I knew a guy in college who owned a shirt that says "you're favorite band sucks"
>>
>>385754509
Cringe
>>
>>385755296
If PhysX worked as good as it did on AMD hardware then it'd be more popular rather than fluff material that nvidia paid for to be in a game.

Reading the description, it's just a talk about how to make a robust particle pipeline and system. I haven't seen the talk, but based off the description it doesn't sound like anything revolutionary.
>>
File: IMG_8982.jpg (97KB, 305x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8982.jpg
97KB, 305x350px
>>385757234
I always wanted this shirt
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.