[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadowrun general I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: 1cURIA.jpg (372KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1cURIA.jpg
372KB, 1920x1200px
Can we have a comfy Shadowrun thread? Favourite builds? Favourite characters? Hope for futute games?
>>
File: B2sEVWLIQAAiSsb.jpg (66KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
B2sEVWLIQAAiSsb.jpg
66KB, 600x400px
Dragonfall is one of my favorite RPGs, but I dropped HK halfway through. If HBS makes another one, they need to get an editor to trim text down a little bit, and undo some of the awful Matrix changes
>>
File: Npc_humanfemale_glory.png (105KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
Npc_humanfemale_glory.png
105KB, 212x278px
I would like to see HBS go for higher production values on Shadowrun games, but I don't think this will ever come to be.

Glory a best
>>
File: hackerman.jpg (106KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
106KB, 1000x563px
Dragonfall is a 9/10 game and one of the better cyberpunk games out there.

I just wish there was a good cyberpunk RPG that didn't use the Shadowrun setting. It's hard to immerse myself when there are dragons, orcs, trolls, and fantasy magic mixed in with muh augments and hacking and shit.
>>
>>385750226

I kind of like it in Shadowrun in some cases, the Dragons being megalomaniac polymorphs are cool, shamans are cool.

I do look forward to a non fantasy Cyberpunk RPG someday.CDPR pls dont fuck it up
>>
>>385750226
copper dreams looks promising. but so did staglands and it was a bit meh.
>>
>>385749809
Glad this thread was made, can someone give me some advice on a bug in Hong Kong? After I rescue Raymond my save file has me with isobel as the main character and it breaks the game. How to fix?
>>
File: neuromancer_molly.jpg (18KB, 490x320px) Image search: [Google]
neuromancer_molly.jpg
18KB, 490x320px
>>385750617
Just give me a Neuromancer video game t b h

An RPG would be preferable but I would even take a stealth action game starring Molly.
>>
>>385750007
Matrix changes in hong kong were retarded
>hey, here's a matrix update that makes esps completely useless and subsequently devalues one of the skills lmao
>>
Thought about Bright?
>>
File: cda.jpg (43KB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
cda.jpg
43KB, 400x254px
>>385751428
>>
>>385751428

It's funny, Necromancer would be so easy to translate into a video game, but no one has ever tried.

Hell I would even take Johnny Mnemonic.

That fight Molly had with that gang dude in that arena lined with speakers was fucking dope.
>>
>>385750226
That's what cyberpunk2077 is gonna be NEVER EVER
Try out Satellite Reign. It's not a crpg like sdr, and it uses real time combat but i enjoyed it.
Speaking of which I wish they took satellite reign's approach to runs. So far every run in shadowrun is literally the same - hack some doors, occasionally use a drone, kill guards in the end. Pretty fucking linear. Whereas in sr there are multiple ways to complete you run depending on your party's loadout.
>>
>>385751428
100% best book cover

>>385751731
I think I remember reading there's some Neuromancer game, but it's a super old one
>>
>>385751961
Satellite Reign is great for those moments of "oh fuck we're spotted.... leg it" or hacking a guard and getting him to open doors for you. You can even start a gangwar between guard-factions as a distraction.
>>
>>385753154
It's very old and not that faithful to the source material. It's not worth playing imo. If you're gonna play a game that old you may as well play I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
>>
How fun are the SR games if you just build a gun-nut?

can you dual-wield pistols or something?
>>
>>385753432
There's no dual wielding iirc, but guns are very effective. I made my MC a gun heavy Street Samurai and he fucked shit up and was the MVP of my team even on the harder difficulties.
>>
>>385749809
>Favourite builds?

Anything with rifles.

>Favourite characters?

The main Jones (apart from Jake Armitage). No point in hiring runners for money.

>Hope for futute games?

None. HBS is now working on a guaranteed flop. A mechwarrior game.

>>385750226
9/10? Hardly. Weak roleplaying, no stealth, poor balance, mediocre SRPG gameplay.
>>
File: choose your character.png (2MB, 1455x771px) Image search: [Google]
choose your character.png
2MB, 1455x771px
Shadowrun threads are always super comfy.
>>
>>385753432
>How fun are the SR games if you just build a gun-nut?

Returns is meh.
Dragonfall is best played as a Decker (combat decker focused on rifles is solid).
Hong Kong is best played as a mage.
>>
File: KWl6pqT.jpg (74KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
KWl6pqT.jpg
74KB, 500x496px
>>385753714
I hate melee charactrs in games that have guns, so i've never used street samurai, that is until i've got Gaichu. Motherfucker is jack the ripper, especially under haste
>mfw finished 4/5 of the game before realizing that he can change stances and use self buffs
>>
Let me tell you how i played Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

I made a Troll.
I made him a street samurai.
Implanted onto him Cyber Spurs and a shit ton of cyberware that increased his AP and gave him as much armor as possible.
Then i threw some additional heavy as fuck armor onto his already armored body.
So this is roughly how every single fight went by the end of the game:

-Combat starts
-My guy pops every single adrenaline implant + whatever bullshit AP skill he has, and gains two billion APs
-Runs up to any motherfucker
-Rips them to SHREDS up close
-Waits for the next turn just tanking any damage not giving a fuck
-Repeat

It basically allowed me to brute force any situation in the game, an entire building of highly armed professional could be fighting against my guy at the same time and the result would always be the same, each and every single one of them exploding in a shower of gore by a super fast, super armored big ass troll ripping them to pieces with his bare hands.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.