[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LA Noire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
Is this worth a buy? How's the PC version?
>>
>PC
>>
>>385747985
>How's the PC version
totally fucked
>>
File: lamal_vs_eroire.jpg (140KB, 1199x939px) Image search: [Google]
lamal_vs_eroire.jpg
140KB, 1199x939px
>>
>>385747985
Last time I played it on PC was on Windows 8.1 and it worked perfectly. Heard it was fucked on Windows 10.
>>
>>385748081
How so? I know about the framerate lock, but the console versions have it too.
>>
>>385747985
Yes, better than console version as long as you download widescreen fixer to uncap your FPS, and don't listen to consolefags who tell you 60fps ruins facial animations.
>>
>>385749075

Sounds good.
Any need for a win 10 fix?
>>
Someone post the time Cole Phelps made a mistake.
>>
>>385747985
It's an amazing game if you like the whole 40s noir setting. It's like stepping into a James Ellroy novel. The care and effort they put into recreating 1940s LA is staggering, and the music is great as well. That alone has made it one of my favorite games ever.

The individual missions are usually fun, but the quality of the overarching story thats suposed to tie them together really takes a nosedive towards the end. The gameplay is pretty hit or miss as well, and the PC version is locked to 30fps.

TLDR: must play if you like the setting, probably a pass otherwise.
>>
>>385749268
Not that im aware of, however if you decide to uncap your FPS, there's a certain bug in one of the homicides halfway through the game, it can be fixed by switching to 30FPS, do the task, then switch back to 60FPS.
>>
>>385747985
If you want a noire experience with some pretty good acting, go for it.
If you really like adventure game or expect something like Phoenix Wright, it depends on how willing you are to just let bullshit slide.

A couple of details:
>Truth = the suspect isn't lying, or doesn't know they're lying
>Doubt = the suspect is lying, but you have no evidence to prove it
>Lie = the suspect is lying, and you can demonstrate it
Before doubting always pick "lie", because the statement you'll have to disprove isn't necessarily the one they just made, and you can always back down. Beware that once you accused somebody of lying their facial expression will change.
Also, the facial expression isn't necessarily the only thing that gives away a lie, somebody the tone of their voice can be a telltale sign.

The system is kind of bullshit anyway, although it doesn't matter that much because you can't get a game over by failing a case through interrogation. Also the game will ask you to make choices you know to be wrong.
>>
Good for 1 playthru than you shelf it
Game sadly has no freeroam type mode or any replay-ability.
>>
PC version is fine (on release day it was pretty shitty though).

It's a good game, worth a play.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.