[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what exactly was archimedes trying to do and why did he want to do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 1490893833019.jpg (34KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1490893833019.jpg
34KB, 500x493px
what exactly was archimedes trying to do and why did he want to do it?
>>
He was trying to do people math because he's a nerd.
>>
Didn't I see this exact thread yesterday
>>
File: 1498841113196m.jpg (93KB, 751x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498841113196m.jpg
93KB, 751x1024px
dindu nuffin
>>
File: 1501481455383.png (113KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501481455383.png
113KB, 300x400px
>>385747213
there weren't any decent answers last night.
>>
Humans are shitty and emotional so let's just blow them all up
>>
>>385748510
okay... supposing that really is all there is to the motivation, how did he get summoned and how did he get the knowledge and power of the bad guys?
>>
I played it when it first came out on PS4 so I might be remembering wrong, but wasn't he just a slave to the Umbral Star and was trying to send out a signal so it could find the last of humanity within SERAPH and delete them?
>>
>>385748923
He was summoned to do system maintenance, one could imagine he learned of Velber perusing Mooncells files I suppose. I haven't gotten around to playing his side story, are there more answers there?
>>
File: 1498545966988.png (341KB, 600x713px) Image search: [Google]
1498545966988.png
341KB, 600x713px
>>385749401
that's certainly one of the things he said but a number of things don't line up. why does he give up at the end of every route, for example? why didn't he do what he did in the finale the first time? that octahedron came out of nowhere and suddenly after the entire story "velber" refers to two different things, which is another problem, but calling that down didn't seem to depend on anything else that happened in the story.

>>385749846
i'm about to go and do those. i finished all of tamamo's and altera's sidestories and there was one scene each in karna's and gilga's which added something decent. but not much. none of them have touched archimedes at all.
>>
>>385750218
Redman and Seibah both imply they sort of know Archimedes to a degree. I imagine Liz's would interact with him a bit.
>>
File: f2.png (144KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
f2.png
144KB, 400x400px
I want to fuck this thing
>>
>>385746873
Because Archimedes is bad civilization.

>>385750218
He doesn't give up at the end, he just resets the timeline or something after the giant is destroyed because it was a key part of his plan.
>>
>>385751027
yes, i consider that "giving up".

how was it a key part of his plan? what would've been different about using the giant as opposed to the octahedron? the story seems to have no qualms about tonally deaf infodumps, but it doesn't give this critical point anywhere in the main story.
>>
>>385751269
Isn't the giant the thing that fucks up Earth?
>>
>>385751708
sure. but if velber is able to just leave the giant here for 14,000 years while it's off fucking up other places, then clearly it has more than just one giant. the giant itself implies so too.

archimedes says he wants to bring the big bad back; in the larger scale of things the giant we see doesn't matter too much either way.
>>
>>>/a/
>>>/jp/
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>385746873

should i keep sticking to FGO? so far it has been so boring and dull
>>
>>385752270
But the mission failed, Velber wasn't suppose to come back because the Earth was suppose to be entirely destroyed, but someone fucked Altera up and Mooncell fucked up Velber's coordinates or something which caused it to wander in space and naturally return to the Earth in 14,000 years.
>>
File: fate.png (618KB, 984x698px) Image search: [Google]
fate.png
618KB, 984x698px
>>385752443
Oopsie daisies anon. I'm afraid we're talking about a video game. I know you're upset we're taking up valuable thread space that could be filled with an e-celeb thread, but we'll finish up in a few hours and you can get back to those funny "what's his name again?" threads we know you love.
>>
>>385752730
altera said that she was told by velber to wait "for the next pass". my understanding was that "the next pass" would've been in 14,000 years, except that the jamming thing started happening, so now instead of 14,000 it's an unknown date, if it ever happens at all.

in any case these things don't enlighten why he needed the giant. we're to believe Velber can travel FTL and could appear the moment the jammer went down, but not that it had another giant or two to use for the past few eons?

or what? it just doesn't make sense to me why archimedes went about things the way he did.
>>
>>385753469
I remember Altera saying that she was special and was particularly big for their race. If I remember correctly as well, Titan Altera is the thing that calls Velber.
>>
>>385752586
it's a gacha mobile game. if you mean the story, supposedly it gets better in the next story update, whenever that happens.

>>385753830
yes, Altera said she was special. this implies there's a "normal" titan kind.

one of the pillars of Fate lore states basically for human mythology the older it is the stronger it is - supposing special titans were needed way back when, certainly it wouldn't be needed today. Archimedes would've known this.

does Velber require calling? Archimedes went on about how it'd be here the moment the jammer went down.
>>
>>385754681
I believe either or was needed? The jammer could go down or Altera's call could make the Velber ship come because her call would pierce through the jammer or something.
>>
So is Velber the new big dog now and stronger than TYPES, Ado Edem or Godo?
>>
>>385754950
what? really? that's not what i got at all. so you're saying archimedes forcing the appearance of the white titan is to call velber?

but that's not why we fight the titan. we are told we need to fight it because "it will destroy everything", not "it will call the ultimate alien ship, which will destroy everything".

i feel like i'm going in circles here, but: supposing that's true, why didn't he just use his octahedron method when the titan failed rather than doing this skipping-to-another-timeline stuff???
>>
>>385755507
I might be misinterpreting a line that was just meant to be symbolic, but I recall the mc claiming that Altera's scream would reach Velber. Archimedes referred to the octahedron he summoned as Velber 02 so there's more of those. Not entirely sure what the ocahedron was even meant to do.
>>
I love for all his supposed plans and smarts Archimedes could never account for how unpredictable Elizabeth could be. She single-handedly ruined his plans. Hard to tell if she was just pretending to be retarded or she actually just was.
>>
>>385756216
Archimedes main complaint with humans was that they were emotional and grew to attached to other things and thus would never be perfect. His attachment to Liz is the reason his plans ultimately fail.
>>
>>385755798
he said it was supposed to destroy the moon cell entirely, and thus also its jammer.

the octahedron's existence in general was confusing. altera was dropped via a physical pod, right? and zero dark is a digital space, right? a digital quarantine by the moon cell?

even supposing it was talked about the whole time how would it suddenly be able to overcome that quarantine?

>>385756216
it just felt stupid to me because archimedes doesn't make sense either. bringing her along not making sense is one thing, but nothing else fucking makes sense about him either.

liz makes more sense than him.
>>
>>385752586
It's mobile game, if you find it boring already just let it go since it won't get any better from that point.
The update they give consist only adding more characters, story and events. There will be no gameplay improvement.
>>
>tfw you will never explore altera body
>>
>>385756452
I think he just thought of her as so inconsequential that he could never have dreamed she could fuck things up. He thought she was a pure idiot but the reality was she had an uncanny ability to get under peoples' skins and spurn them to do things despite her often clownish behavior. Like how she constantly goaded giant Altera and made her indirectly question things more.
>>
>>385756585
I believe Altera's pod drilled into the moon physically and then began to hack the Mooncell and the zero dark is the result of the Mooncell digitally amputating a limb off to avoid the infection that is Velber to spread.
>>
>>385757051
that was my understanding the whole game until the octahedron showed up. if that thing ISN'T altera's pod then it makes more sense... but overall everything still doesn't make sense.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.