[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The N64 is a better console than the PS1 in almost every way.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 68

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
The N64 is a better console than the PS1 in almost every way. Fight me.

>objectively better graphics
>anti-aliasing (which wasn't even used in every game) is far better than texture warping in every game
>no load times
>better build quality
>analog support for every game
>4 controller ports
>best games on the system are of a vastly higher quality

I will mention, I have owned both consoles since they were released, and I enjoy both. Resident Evil series, Alundra, Medievil, DQ7, FF9 and a few others are classics. However, this isn't enough, and aside from superior sound quality and a better library of JRPGs and fighters, the PS1 gets blown the fuck out by the N64.

Now, please proceed to have an autistic meltdown, shill sales numbers and say "lmao, 20 years later and Nintenbabies are still upset they lost" and "N64 has no games" while you internally lie to yourself and fantasize about Ken Kutaragi ejaculating in your rectum. Go.
>>
>>385745625
N64 was definitely a better console, that's indisputable to anyone with common sense. The PS1, had a hugely superior library though. N64, had about 30 or so absolutely fantastic games, then mostly just trash. PS1 had dozens and dozens of great titles.
>>
Which one sold more?
>>
File: neo-geo-console.png (4MB, 4060x1340px) Image search: [Google]
neo-geo-console.png
4MB, 4060x1340px
As a general rule for every console generations, the most powerful console never took first place.
>>
>>385745820
>The PS1, had a hugely superior library though. N64, had about 30 or so absolutely fantastic games, then mostly just trash. PS1 had dozens and dozens of great titles.
I don't fucking get this. Yeah the N64 has about 20-30 amazing titles but I can think of like fucking 10 ps1 games that weren't better on PC
>>
>>385745907
>Which one sold more?
Lmao look at this shit, two replies into the thread and the pony already defaults to sales numbers. Tell me more about how box wine is better than a $120 bottle of merlot just because it sells more.
>>
>>385745625
I'm 100% sure that you are a white american and your parents bought a N64 with Mario for you when your were a kid.
Thanks god I asked me father to get me a mooded PS1.
>>
>>385746202
>I'm 100% sure that you are a white american and your parents bought a N64 with Mario for you when your were a kid.
And I am 100% sure that you are a mentally retarded child who can't even read the part where I said I've owned both consoles since launch.
>>
>>385745625

Are you kidding? Compare any game that was on both consoles. N64 fucked up by pushing 3D for 3D's sake, PS1 graphics have aged infinitely better than N64 3D effects. Just compare Duke Nukem sprites and art on PS1 to the N64 version. The latter is disgusting to see now.

I respectfully disagree. PS1 library is much better, as far as I know.
>>
>>385746343
>you are a mentally retarded child
Actually, you're the one praising N64.
>>
>>385746063

>Implying wine is always inferior because its in a box

though esthetically much less pleasing, it's actually better for the wine to be in a box. there are good wines solds in boxes just like in bottles.

Your point is valid though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>385746553
>Are you kidding?
Are you? PS1 couldn't even do 3D properly, polygons fucking wobbled whenever the camera moved. Find me a single game that looks better than pic related, or Majora's Mask, or even SM64, a fucking launch title. Who the fuck cares about a shoddy Duke Nukem port? That's the most retarded basis for an argument you could come up with. The exclusives, as in, the games designed FOR the respective systems, are what matters, and the N64 takes the fucking cake.

>I respectfully disagree. PS1 library is much better, as far as I know.
>as far as I know
You don't know very far, then.
>>
>>385746626
>Actually, you're the one praising N64.
Right, which is you are the mentally retarded child who worships the vastly inferior system.
>>
>>385745625
They were both great consoles and I was very lucky to be at that age where I got completely overawed by games when they were released - the steps forward made in the industry from other consoles at the time we're huge too.

For me though the PS1 was the better console overall.

It had better choice of games.

OoT, Mario 64 and Goldeneye will forever be in my top 10 games of all time though.
>>
>>385747021
Okay, a fair opinion. Why exactly do you prefer the PS1 though? What was so ground-breaking on PS1? Like I said, I give it the edge in RPGs by default, but what else surpasses the N64?
>>
Nintenbros are still seething that the PS1 killed Nintendo.
>>
>>385745625

Objectively wrong. N64 had PS1 beat with draw distance, but only really because PS1's texture-warping necessitated subdivision of surfaces to fight it, resulting in more polygons in the scene. PS1 textures were at a much higher resolution and it can use more of them in a scene than N64. If you prefer the N64 blurring a handful of 24x24 textures across a large map than sure, N64 is king, but to normal people the PS1's higher capacity for detail led to some amazing looking games that an N64 couldn't hope to replicate.

>anti-aliasing (which wasn't even used in every game) is far better than texture warping in every game
Anti-aliasing masked the lower resolution that N64 games tend to run on compared to PS1. Texture warping wasn't a huge issue if surfaces were subdivided enough. On a CRT pixels blurred together regardless if Anti-aliasing was present (look up dithering if you don't believe this) so it's not the selling point it is today.

>no load times
This obviously came at a cost, but sure.

>better build quality
Certainly not when it came to controllers. The actual N64 hardware used no moving parts so it'll last longer than a PS1. N64 sticks wear down too easily.

Kirby 64

>4 controller ports
I'll give you that.

Than PS1? I'd be a fool to argue against the 64 Zeldas and Mario, but this ignores some ground-breaking games on the PS1 side, like Metal Gear Solid. I'm not saying you're wrong, but ignoring the PS1 library is not advice I'd give to someone looking to play some of the best games ever made.
>>
This same thread everyday by the same autistic Nintendo nerd angry that he lost to cool kid Sony.
>>
File: CrashPortal.png (651KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CrashPortal.png
651KB, 1024x768px
>>385746795

>Find me a single game that looks better than pic related, or Majora's Mask, or even SM64, a fucking launch title.

Too easy.
>>
>>385746795

>comparing games that were on both consoles is retarded

lol okay

>The exclusives, as in, the games designed FOR the respective systems, are what matters

How can you compare those? At their best, they use different styles that suit the console. You can pick N64 games that look better than PS1 games, and the other way around. If you pick N64-like games, N64 might win. For example Banjo Kazooie looks better than Spyro. But Crash 2 looked much better than banjo kazooie, but that's not fair since it's not open world and also not really fully 3D. It's only workable to compare games on both consoles.
>>
>>385747408
>comparing a fucking game without a rotatable camera to a game with large fully 3D environments
Try again faggot.
>>
>>385747408

You should've posted crash 2 or 3 instead.
>>
There's no benefit in obsessing over hardware to compare which is better, because the end result is a platform to play video games, so ultimately the game's are what dictate are the better console.

Ultimately it boils down to personal choice and what kind of games you like and because I wasn't 6 years old when the N64 was released, PS1 appealed to me more.

Goldeneye had good multilayer.

Ocarina of Time was a good game.

Mario 64 was a good game.

Compare this instead to PS1 titles:

> MGS - groundbreaking, arguably best game of all time

> FF7 - groundbreaking, arguably the best game of all time

> FF9 - a masterpiece

> Tekken series - comfortably the best beat em up series at time when beat em ups were still a thing

> Sports games - it had them, Nintendo did not

> Tomb Raider 1, 2 and 3 - fantastic titles, bigger than anything ever released on N64

> Wipeout series - better than any Nintendo racing game. Basically Mario kart but cooler and not for children.

> Grant Turismo - groundbreaking, best racing game at the time and best series of all time

> ........

There are plenty more, you get the point...
>>
>>385747663
your post started off good. shame, really.
>>
>>385747570

>show me a better looking game
>posts superior game both graphically and gameplay-wise
>not that one, post one that is made like a N64 3D open world game

lol. this is pathetic.
>>
>>385747663
You forgot the greatest PS1 game ever Silent Hill
>>
>>385747570

>moving the goalposts
>>
File: Los.jpg (56KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Los.jpg
56KB, 800x600px
>>385747570
>>
>>385747408
>He actually thinks this looks better than Majora's Mask

Delusion. I can count the fucking polygons on Crash and the textures are a blocky mess.
>>
File: Sunrise_Spring1.jpg (364KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sunrise_Spring1.jpg
364KB, 1600x900px
>>385747570
SPYRO FUCKER
>>
>>385747823
>>385747857
Are you both retarded? You can't compare a game that is composed of fucking corridors to a game with large environments. Do you understand why this is autism?

>>385747920
>>385748020
Lmao doesn't even look better and the world is tiny as shit. Try again.
>>
>>385745625
>Now, please proceed to have an autistic meltdown, shill sales numbers and say "lmao, 20 years later and Nintenbabies are still upset they lost" and "N64 has no games"

damn, he said the words that make him and his arguments immune to criticism, pack it up boys
>>
>>385747161
They were constantly breaking barriers with PS1 era, it's why it's my favourite console of all time - clearly the games don't compare to modern releases but they were such huge leaps they were making.

Gran turismo
Tomb Raider
FF7, 8, 9, tactics
Tekken
Metal gear solid
Tony Hawks
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
GTA series
Twisted Metal
Parasite Eve

The PS1 gave birth to the biggest gaming franchises in the world and they're still making sequels today.

Of course Nintendo have Mario games always coming out, but since Mario 64 I haven't been motivated to buy any, albeit Galaxy looked okay.

I wanted to love Majoras Mask but just couldn't get over the restart element / timer thing. It goes against what I enjoy in vidya.
>>
>>385748138
>damn, he said the words that make him and his arguments immune to criticism, pack it up boys
>implying "N64 has no games" would be an actual criticism that anyone but a literal retard would use
>>
>>385748020
>Emulator screenshot
wew lad
>>
>>385748117
Ok this is just an obvious troll at this point.
Also for a god tier looking open world 3d game, Silent Hill.
>>
>>385746202
>Thanks god I asked me father to get me a modded PS1

Poorfag detected. What, you couldn't afford to buy legit games?
>>
>>385748282

Every screenshot in this thread is through an emulator.
>>
File: horrible jpq quality sadfrog.jpg (70KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
horrible jpq quality sadfrog.jpg
70KB, 400x388px
>>385745625
>yfw the PS1 had more 60fps 3D titles than the PS4 even if you count all the old gen remasters on the latter
>>
>>385748117
>You can't compare a game that is composed of fucking corridors to a game with large environments. Do you understand why this is autism?

Do you remember that you simply asked for a game that looked better?
>>
>>385748321
>Ok this is just an obvious troll at this point.
So in other words, you're stupid as fuck? Because only someone that is actually mentally retarded doesn't understand the concept that a game without a rotatable camera isn't comparable to a game with fully 3D environments. Would you compare a fighting game to a fucking first person shooter retard?
>>
>>385748117

>ou can't compare a game that is composed of fucking corridors to a game with large environments

That was my point earlier. They make different games, you can't compare the exclusives. I think PS1 games look better, and there's something very comfy about them compared to the sterile N64 3D.

>Lmao doesn't even look better and the world is tiny as shit. Try again.

You're probably right here.

I agree with:

>>385748184
>>385747663
>>
>>385748504
>Do you remember that you simply asked for a game that looked better?
I assumed you were not autistic enough to understand the concept that you should compare similar games and not games with vastly different resource allocations. As I said above, do you think it would be fair to compare a fighting game to a shooter? Don't be a fucking idiot.
>>
>>385748537
I already posted that SH1 had better graphics and has movable cameras, open areas and is 3d.
Also sorry if I prefer fucking 60fps compared to banjos 18 fps
>>
File: so.jpg (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
so.jpg
104KB, 1024x768px
a game like Soul Reaver wouldn't have been possible on a n64
I'm a PC user and can tell that by FAR a PS1 is better than n64
>>
>>385748745
>a game like Soul Reaver wouldn't have been possible on a n64
Lmao, Majora's Mask and OoT have larger, more detailed, more colorful environments, but "Soul Reaver wouldn't have been possible". Absolute autism.

>>385748676
SH1 looks like ass you shitbird, what the fuck are you smoking? And it's not hard to achieve 60fps in a game like Crash when the game is literally a fucking straight line.
>>
>>385748670
>compare similar games

So you now agree that we should compare games on both consoles? Like say, Duke Nukem 3D that I mentioned? They didn't really make a lot of similar games, Spyro is the only N64 like game that comes to mind. And yeah, N64 is probably better for those types. Appart from the few classics on N64 like Zelda and Goldeneye, PS1 had better games that look better. especially colour-wise.
>>
File: 1394862684480.jpg (1MB, 800x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1394862684480.jpg
1MB, 800x4000px
>>385745625
You made me miss some ps2 games i havent played in a while.

Which is the way to play PS2 ISO's on the PS3? The console does not read any disks i put into it.
>>
>>385748745
>a game like Soul Reaver wouldn't have been possible on a n64
how's so? It's foggier than goddamn Turok, and full 3D. The amazing port of RE2 on N64 already debunks your statements completely.

And I've been a 3-way idort since 1999.

>>385748909
SH1 looks damn good for a console running 1994-era hardware, and packs great art-directing and style which actually utilizes the gritty, low-res PS1 looks as its own advantage.
>>
>>385746750
>it's actually better for the wine to be in a box. there are good wines solds in boxes just like in bottles.
Legit the most retarded thing I've read on /v/ in about a week and it's not even videogame related.
>>
>>385748909
>. Absolute autism.
enjoy your retarded mumble talk
or NES quality voice work of RE2
>>
>>385748997
>So you now agree that we should compare games on both consoles? Like say, Duke Nukem 3D that I mentioned? They didn't really make a lot of similar games, Spyro is the only N64 like game that comes to mind. And yeah, N64 is probably better for those types. Appart from the few classics on N64 like Zelda and Goldeneye, PS1 had better games that look better. especially colour-wise.
Dude, think about the retarded argument you're making. First off, you cherrypicked Duke 3D as an example of a better port (and by the way, it isn't), and trying to argue that you shouldn't compare exclusives which are OPTIMIZED for the system, and should instead compare ports which will vary in quality depending on each system's architecture. I can cherrypick superior N64 ports too -- look at the atrocious Rayman 2 port on PS1. That doesn't mean shit. It also doesn't mean shit to compare a game with a rotatable camera to a game that doesn't have to devote any hardware resources to rendering 3D environments. This is fucking retarded dude.
>>
>>385748909

>Lmao, Majora's Mask and OoT have larger, more detailed, more colorful environments, but "Soul Reaver wouldn't have been possible". Absolute autism.

Not him but Soul Reaver did all this at 30fps with a resolution significantly higher than OoT and MM. The game was able to circumvent load times almost completely by streaming the world, so the size of the game on the disc alone would kill any hope of running on N64.
>>
>>385748909
>more colorful

If you mean flat flashy colours, yeah sure. colours on PS1 had much more depth. When they needed to be colourful they were VIBRANT, like in Crash. When they needed to set a darker mood they were excellent too. OoT and banjo kazooie look like ass colourwise, flat, no depth, no use of subtle combinations of shades of colours.
>>
>>385749150

It's a simple fact. Do your research.
>>
File: zeldamajora11.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
zeldamajora11.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
>>385749365
>
Not him but Soul Reaver did all this at 30fps with a resolution significantly higher than OoT and MM. The game was able to circumvent load times almost completely by streaming the world, so the size of the game on the disc alone would kill any hope of running on N64.
Look at this revionist bullshit. No idea what game you played but Soul Reaver did not have a stable 30fps nor did it "almost completely" circumvent load times. It also looked like hot shit compared to MM, had smaller worlds, less detailed textures and lower poly count models. Stop making shit up.
>>
File: 1501332476532s.jpg (5KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1501332476532s.jpg
5KB, 224x224px
>>385749662
>any box wine ever made being comparable to the best bottled wine
>>
>>385749364

So the conclusion I see is that we can compare no two games?

Then all there is to it is to decide which had the richer library.
>>
>>385749920
Lol are you trying to be stupid dude? Where are you getting this shit from? No, you compare two games that should actually be compared, like two fighters, two racers, two RPGs or two sandbox platformers. You look at Banjo versus Spyro and it's pretty fucking clear that Spyro looks like shit in comparison. Those are the comparisons you should be making instead of pretending that must either compare ports or no games at all.
>>
>Now, please proceed to have an autistic meltdown
>OP proceeds to do it himself for nearly an hour
>>
>>385749694

MM can't do stable 20fps (try picking a fight in Termina Field), and there were transitions between areas whereas Soul Reaver you can take a walk from one end of the world to another uninterrupted. Sure it was foggy as shit, but the point still stands that the N64 has no hope of ever running it, let alone without an add-on.
>>
I disagree about the last part, N64 was technically superior and had some amazing games but it's great games were all just first and second party nintendo games. PS1 just had such an expansive third party library, even if its best games weren't as good as N64's best.
>>
>>385749784

I didn't say that. I said there are good wines sold in boxes too, and that boxes are technically better to keep wine in than bottles. I said this because the person I replied to, implied box-wine is crappy by default.
There's more good wines in bottles obviously. There's also more wine in bottles in general. We don't use carton boxes for that long a time, and it looks stupid so it'll never get popular.
>>
>>385749694
How are you defining detail? Because Silent Hill one had god tier detailing in its environment.
>>
>>385750156
>MM can't do stable 20fps
Wrong. Much like OoT, MM is a stable 20 at almost all times.

>and there were transitions between areas whereas Soul Reaver you can take a walk from one end of the world to another uninterrupted
Okay... like Zelda.

>Sure it was foggy as shit, but the point still stands that the N64 has no hope of ever running it, let alone without an add-on.
I have no idea where you are getting these retarded ideas from. The N64 could easily run Soul Reaver dude, there is literally nothing special about SR which would have had trouble running on the N64. It wasn't even a good looking game when it came out.
>>
File: VSTempleCathedral.jpg (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VSTempleCathedral.jpg
84KB, 800x600px
best looking 5th gen game
>>
I really miss the days when consoles were so differently designed from each other. Even playing the same exact game on both ends up being a unique experience.
>>
>>385750072

But they barely made similar games that were similar but exclusives for their console. One RPG is not necessarily like the other etc. I mean, I'm up for it, but I can't think of enough examples to compare. I'll give you that Spyro looked probably worse than Banjo Kazooie.
>>
>>385750381
Nice emulator bullshot.
>>
How are people seriously implying that games on the PS1 look better than the top shelf N64 games? PS1 objectively under-performs the N64 in almost every way. Deal with it, Sonybros
>>
File: follow_me.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
follow_me.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>385745934
except for the current one
>>
>>385745625
Fuck yea bro I'll fight anyone who disagrees with you. Let's show these jagged texture earthquake simulator shovelware pile of shit waiting 6 hours loading times loving faggots who won the 5th gen.
>>
>>385745625
I don't much like the N64.
>Controller made for mutants
>Has more powerful hardware but couldn't use it because the cartridges didn't have enough storage
>Most games that aren't first party are complete shit
>Terrible sound quality
>Lack of two analog sticks
>Doesn't have Metal Gear Solid and has the worst version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
>>
>>385750480
Silent Hill 1 looks god tier, Vagrant Story looks god tier, FFIX looks god tier. I'm sorry you guys had all the open world games, but they can't even get near 60fps.
>>
File: 303939-vagrant_094.jpg (42KB, 568x447px) Image search: [Google]
303939-vagrant_094.jpg
42KB, 568x447px
face it, one had games the other didn't
unless you love the same Mario, Zelda games over and over a Nintendo console is almost never worth it
>>385750470
here have a native one
>>
I owned all the consoles. The N64 was a kid's toy. The PS1 was a real system.
>>
>>385750369
>Okay... like Zelda.

By "the world", I mean the entire game world, like an open-world game. Zelda has to fade to black/white whenever you go to a new area because its a new map.

While I have no doubt that the N64 can handle an environment from Soul Reaver, if the game was ever ported to N64 the entirety of the game would have to be reworked extensively simply because the original game used a CD for storage, and the benefits of an N64 version are lost since the game streamed content off the disc during gameplay on PS1. You'd just have a blurrier version of the game running at a lower resolution with worse textures, and that's assuming the game can fit on the cartridge to begin with.
>>
File: Sega Comfy.jpg (174KB, 1296x728px) Image search: [Google]
Sega Comfy.jpg
174KB, 1296x728px
N64 hardware shits on the PS1 but PS1 library shits on the N64.

Saturn gets too little love.
>>
Nintendo is only making tablets now so Nintenbros have to bring up arguments from 20 years ago because they don't have a real console anymore.
>>
File: real 3d.png (235KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
real 3d.png
235KB, 720x1280px
>>
>>385747663
>FF7
>groundbreaking
Why? Because it had shitty pre-rendered cutscenes that made them ship the game on half a dozen discs? Or the god awful 3D models? Yeah, how fucking groundbreaking. What about the gameplay? It could just as well had been 2D and the gameplay wouldn't be any different.
>>
Threads like these make me feel sorry for Nintendonts xd
>>
>>385747210
And that Kutaragi and Ohga did it ALL FOR REVENGE
>>
File: yY_W8X.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
yY_W8X.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>385750520
But the switch is outselling the ps4 you stupid underage troglodite
>>
>>385750907
>here have a native one
Whoa, big surprise, it looks like shit.
>>
>>385752091
It was groundbreaking because they marketed it like a movie and normies ate it up.
>>
>>385751272
>Saturn gets too little love.
its a shame, there is a lot of good shit on the saturn
>>
File: 1500186519594.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1500186519594.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>385752091
Oh yes, awful game it is.
Speaking of which, does the N64 have ANY RPGs?
>>
>>385752346
It has Quest 64.

Imagine Parasite Eve except absolute total garbage.
>>
>>385752346
I never said it was awful. I said it wasn't groundbreaking. Might as well say Mega Man X4 is the best X game because it has shitty cutscenes and voice acting.
>>
>>385752346
Gauntlet Legends, Ogre Battle 64, the Zelda games, Paper Mario, Aidyn Chronicles, a few others. Who the fuck cares about JRPGs anyway? I've never known anybody who was super into JRPGs that wasn't autistic.
>>
The PS1 had way better games than the N64. The N64 had nothing but kiddy platformers and even then PS1's own platformers such as Crash and Tomba beat them. Then the PS1 had games from ever genre like FFVII, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Omega Boost, Colony Wars, Tenchu, Legend of Dragoon. I seriously feel sorry for whoever owned an N64 instead of a PS1. I know why they grew up to be jealous and envious of PS1 owners.
>>
>>385752535

I'd be pretty upset too if I wasn't able to play any squaresoft game when they were in their prime.
>>
>>385752680
You mean on the SNES?
>>
>>385749104
>amazing port of RE2
are you dumb?
>>
File: 5gen.jpg (10KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
5gen.jpg
10KB, 450x253px
>the n64 has more quality over quantity
i hate this argument. wouldnt you rather have 20 7/10 (actual 7/10) games than 5 10/10 games?
>>
>>385752478

PS1 had X4 anyways so you still lose :DDDD
>>
>>385752789
Thing is that the PS1 had one 10/10 for every 10/10 that the N64 had, but it also had 5 7/10s.
>>
>>385752596
>The N64 had nothing but kiddy platformers
It's absolutely hilarious to me, this is literally what PS1 autists actually believe. I remember being a kid and hearing a couple faggots talking about this back in highschool and just thinking "lmao enjoy your queer JRPGs while I play Perfect Dark, Majora's Mask, DOOM 64 and Star Fox 64". I legitimately feel bad for people like you.

>>385752789
I'd rather have 20~30 10/10 games than 2500 games ranging from 3/10 to 8/10, which is what the PS1 had.
>>
>>385745820
^ This. I love the N64, but his library was way too short.
>>
>>385752767

You mean Atari 2600?
>>
>>385750369
>OOT/MM stable 20fps

LOL
Tell Speedrunners that
>>
>>385752896
>I'd rather have 20~30 10/10 games
no console had this.
>>
>>385752767
Square's best games were on the PS1. There's a reason why people refer to FFVII as the best game ever made.
>>
File: 354785-fe2_0220_017.jpg (29KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
354785-fe2_0220_017.jpg
29KB, 600x391px
>>385752896
>Perfect Dark, Majora's Mask
silky smooth 14fps(digital foundry)
>>
>>385752969
>no console had this.
It was called the N64.
>>
>>385752969

SNES/PS1 did
>>
>>385752830
And the previous generation's Nintendo console had three X games, one of which was outsourced to some literally who developers, that are still better than X4

:^)
>>
The PS1 beat the N64 in sales because it was a better console. People wanted the best and they bought the best.
>>
>>385747210
>PS1 killed Nintnedo
With that retarded logic the Wii and the Emoji movie killed Sony
>>
File: 1438095853373.jpg (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438095853373.jpg
54KB, 300x300px
>that one nintendo shit flinging autist
>>
>>385752998
Because it was the first one all the normalfags played. FF7 was a miracle of marketing, FF6 and Chrono Trigger were better games.
>>
>>385753074

You make a good point
There was no reason to own a N64 when SNES was all around better :^)
>>
>>385752896
Ok why are you discounting all the good ps1 games that weren't jrpgs. We have Crash, Legacy of Kain, Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Killeak, MGS, Castlevania symphony of the night, Tekken, Tomba, FFT the list goes on and on
>>
>>385752596
Pretty much this

All N64 had going for it was kiddie platformers & PS1 arguably even did that better

Other than that N64 had a few FPS that aged horribly & of course Muh Zelda
>>
>>385753228
All weeb trash try again bub
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
why is it that when people list good ps1 games, most of it is shit you can find on the other consoles but when someone lists good n64 or even saturn games its mostly exclusives?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (184KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
184KB, 1417x1417px
don't forget
>>
>>385753356
Because those are the games that became popular and got rereleased later, while everything else faded into obscurity.
>>
I actually like both companies
>>
>>385753026
Fear Effect, Vagrant Story, FFIX, Dino Crisis, Silent Hill. Man, the tail end of the PS1 hit such a level of pure sweetness.
>>
>>385753356
It's almost like good games are ported to other systems so companies can make more $$..
And since the PS1 had a goldmine of good games it kind of explains itself.
>>
>>385753320
Great bait anon, you should be proud ;)
>>
>>385752921
You pricks banging on about fps are just the actual worst people within the industry.

I honestly don't care one bit if you hate one console, or love a game I hate, or despise my favourite game...everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However using fps as any basis of why one game is better than another is so frustratingly blinkered and irrelevant. If it concerns you so much, just go to the fucking theatre and watch a live performance instead.

You and your kind are the fucking absolute worst.
>>
>>385753479
Enjoy your degenerate weeb shit
>>
>>385753473
i hated fear effect.
>>
>>385753320
Just a tip, when falseflagging, be more subtle about it. No one will bite otherwise.
>>
>>385753563
Half those games weren't even weeb shit. The fuck you smoking brother. Also if you aint including weebshit then you can't talk about zelda or mario games on n64.
>>
>>385753598
You bit so it worked :) thx guy
>>
File: asssdffdfddfdfd.png (549KB, 581x464px) Image search: [Google]
asssdffdfddfdfd.png
549KB, 581x464px
>>385753127
>people buy McDonald's because it has the best cheeseburger
>>
6 year old with both consoles perspective.

The important games on PS1 are Ape Escape, Crash and Klonoa. The important games on the N64 are pokemon stadium(s), mario 64 and donkey kong.
>>
>>385753657
I thought I might give you a little help. I love shitposting too.
>>
File: 3445363.jpg (777KB, 2376x2100px) Image search: [Google]
3445363.jpg
777KB, 2376x2100px
>>385753356
Well if we are being honest, 90% of the good games on PS1 (& 2) were not from Sony, it was a 3rd party beast, of course back then 3rd parties tended to just make games exclusive, this was a big win for Sony

Starting with Gen 7, 3rd parties started to go full multi plat & Sony got hurt badly for it, hence PS3 has no gaems
Lucky for them though Microsoft fucked up the 360 with Kinect & utterly fucked Xbone's launch, giving them another 2 free wins
>>
>>385753228
>Ok why are you discounting all the good ps1 games that weren't jrpgs
Because outside of SotN, nothing you just listed is actually a good game.
>>
>>385753846
FFT and Crash were good.
>>
>>385753829
360 was better than ps3 tho, regardless of sales
>>
>>385753846
Oh so it's just a case of your shit taste spilling out. That's fine.
>>
>>385753923
Weaker hardware
Paid online

??
>>
>>385753939
>I like Tekken, weebtrash JRPGs, Tomba and fucking Dino Crisis
>"your shit taste"
Pot, meet kettle.
>>
>>385753975
>Weaker hardware
debatable, multiplats almost always ran worse on PS3

no games past ~2007 though
>>
>>385753975
xbox live shat all over psn. psn was fucking trash.
>>
File: Bayonetta-Comparision.jpg (317KB, 620x434px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta-Comparision.jpg
317KB, 620x434px
>>385754050
>no games past ~2007 though
>>
>>385753975
>Weaker hardware
Not only was the PS3 weaker, it was so fucking retardly complex that 90% of multiplats looked worse on it because nobody wanted to bother fucking with it.

>Paid online
You get what you pay for. Which is why PSN was fucking garbage and you know it.
>>
>>385754025
Certainly better than Rare collectathons and fucking Quest 64. You even have access to the worst of the Ogre game!
>>
>>385753975
>Weaker hardware
360 was a tad more powerful, all the good multiplats ran better on 360

>Paid online

Both Nintendo & Sony have that now
>>
>>385754054
I'll take free over $50/year any day
>>
>>385754143
& RDR, GTA4 DaS1 & 2
>>
>>385754162
>Certainly better than Rare collectathons and fucking Quest 64. You even have access to the worst of the Ogre game!
Yes, the one single Rare platformer, the one single shitty RPG you just cherrypicked out of your ass, and all of the dozens of other good games you failed to mention.

>You even have access to the worst of the Ogre game!
>literally the best game in the series
And this is how I know you're autistic.
>>
>>385754192
yeah well clearly you are in the minority here. i genuinely feel sorry for people who played ps3 online
>>
>>385754189
PS3 was more powerful but you really had to fight against the machine to squeeze that performance out of it. It rarely happened outside of exclusives like tLoU
>>
>>385754291
>yeah well clearly you are in the minority here.
kill yourself faggot, /v/ has always hated paid online
>>
>>385753923
PS3
>More exclusives
>Free online

>Your friends at school had them to play Halo

The winner is clear. Specs are irrelevant- if you care about performance you play on PC.
>>
>>385754383
my condolences. ps3 is fucking terrible
>>
>>385754285
>the best game
So it's the only one you played, I get it. Mom only got you one console, right?

Quest 64 is a shitty RPG that represents a third of the RPGs on the empty husk of a console that is the N64. Please mention the dozen of other good games, I can't wait to see what list you will come up with.
>>
File: 1496060462367.jpg (62KB, 734x510px) Image search: [Google]
1496060462367.jpg
62KB, 734x510px
>>385754192
>I'll take free over $50/year any day
>this faggot is literally so poor that he would rather endure lag, no dedicated servers, servers taken down after 2 years of being up, no parties and no integrated voice chat than pay $0.20 per day
>>
>>385754291
I feel sorry for people who play consoles online :^)
>>
>>385754532
>implying you get dedicated servers with xbl
shoo shill
>>
File: 36024.png (2MB, 903x639px) Image search: [Google]
36024.png
2MB, 903x639px
>>385754464
>>More exclusives
yeah like demon souls and uhhhhhhh
face it you delusional retard. 360 FUCKING won
>>
File: 1492023950769.png (443KB, 734x408px) Image search: [Google]
1492023950769.png
443KB, 734x408px
>>385745625
Official ranking
NES>SEGA
SNES>SEGA
N64>PS
PS2>GC
Wii>PS3
PS4>Wii U
>>
>>385754532
>this fag spent $50/year for a whole decade playing shitty console fps when he could've taken that money and buy a PC

Good cuck :^) that'll be 1500 Microsoft points to reply
>>
>>385754554
>>385754532
honestly holy shit. the ps3 would fucking freeze up if you tried to send message while playing online. it was so fucking bad, in game xmb wasnt even a THING when the piece of shit launched.
>>
NES
SNES
PS
PS2
PS3
PS4
>>
>>385754694

>Wii>PS3

In what fucking dimension? PS3 had better exclusives.
>>
>>385745994
>N74 had 20-30 great games

Hahahahahahahaha. The revisionist history Nintendo fags have is amazing. The N64 just like the GC had no fucking games. The PS1 raped the N64 in terms of games and variety of games. The PS1 was a far superior gaming console.
>>
>>385754817
yeah like demon souls and uhhhhhhh
>>
>>385754590
>Gears of War
>Halo

There's a lot more than 2 relevant PS3 exclusives, anon in middleschool during the 7th gen.
>>
>>385754508
>Quest 64 is a shitty RPG that represents a third of the RPGs on the empty husk of a console that is the N64. Please mention the dozen of other good games, I can't wait to see what list you will come up with

1080° Snowboarding
Animal Crossing
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Blast Corps
Body Harvest
Bomberman 64
Castlevania
Killer Instinct Gold
WetriX
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Diddy Kong Racing
Doom 64
Duke Nukem 64
Extreme-G
F-Zero X
Ogre Battle 64
Goemon's Great Adventure
GoldenEye 007
Jet Force Gemini
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 1~3
Mario Tennis
Mischief Makers
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Paper Mario
Perfect Dark
Pilotwings 64
Pokémon Puzzle League
Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Stadium
San Francisco Rush 2049
Sin and Punishment
Snowboard Kids
Snowboard Kids 2
Space Station Silicon Valley
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Tetrisphere
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Turok 3: Shadows of Oblivion
Turok: Rage Wars
Yoshi's Story

Off the top of my head. Not even including all of the multiplats which were almost always superior on N64. Almost all of the games on this list were released to critical acclaim, which is more than I can say for 99% of the PS1 library, which is complete and utter dog shit.
>>
>>385754942
yeah 360 had a lot of great games
>>
>>385754951

Wow I can copy/paste list of games too wow

You even mentioned N64 Castlevania LMFAO
>>
>>385754881

LittleBIGPlanet alone takes a huge dump on the Wii library. Only the Galaxy games are better.
>>
>>385745625

Other than it had no good games :D
>>
>>385755084
not with those floaty physics
>>
>>385745625
>n64
>better than ps1
>not having both

what the shit was wrong with you people?
>>
>>385754590
>What is the majority of translated Japanese games and every untranslated one of the 7th generation

exbawx got fucked on exclusives lol
>>
>>385755204
what are you trying to say?
>>
>>385755071
>Wow I can copy/paste list of games too wow
>Wow I can dismiss the list of 50+ games because I will pretend they don't exist

>You even mentioned N64 Castlevania LMFAO
This is literally the default defense of every Sony pony. When you actually mention games, they cherrypick a single game out of the entire list that they dislike and then immediately attack it, completely disregarding every other game. Lmao, autism is a train that is always on time.
>>
>>385745625
Cartridges mean almost no game could utilize the superior hardware and 3rd parties hated it.
>>
>>385755421
>Cartridges mean almost no game could utilize the superior hardware
Even though most memory was taken up by music and few games exceeded cartridge limits. Most 6th gen games didn't even break 500mb dude, stop talking shit.

>3rd parties hated it.
Cool, it still had great games. Who the fuck cares?
>>
File: 2e9[2].png (3MB, 3307x2126px) Image search: [Google]
2e9[2].png
3MB, 3307x2126px
>>385755282
Nigger the n64 castlevania games are universally hated
>he didnt have Symphony of the Night so has to resort to literal shovelware
>>
>>385755282
Even James Rolfe admitted he was a retard for being stubborn & trying to pretend Castlevania 64 was good, PS1 got the true next gen Castlevania
>>
Underage children and casuals who aren't familiar with the PS1 library will say that the N64 is better.
>>
>>385754858
>post with list that doesn't list ps1 games
list ps1 exclusives that blow this out of the water
>>385754951
>>
>>385755531
People who like 3rd party games? Which is why the PS won.
>>
>>385748347
>buying "modded" consoles
>not learning how to pirate shit on your own

poorfags are just naturally lazy aren't they? your dad should have saved his money like a responsible person and told you to get a job
>>
>>385755261
PS3 got the Japanese game market while the 360 did not.
>>
File: 1491426166395[2].jpg (359KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491426166395[2].jpg
359KB, 800x800px
>this is what N64 kids considered acceptable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cOkoxdzFuA
>>
>>385755580
>Nigger the n64 castlevania games are universally hated
Lmao I even literally point out the flaw in your reasoning and you continue to build upon it. Dude, I don't give a fuck if you think it was "universally hated". It has a 78% metacritic rating, do you have any idea how many PS1 games fall below that score? Since you're obsessed with this particular game, let's forget about Castlevania and focus on all the other games. Tell me more about how much DOOM 64 is hated, how much Perfect Dark is hated, Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Killer Instinct, Pilot Wings, Diddy Kong Racing, all the other dozens and dozens of great fucking games that are "hated" or don't exist just because your head is firmly stuck inside your anus. You can stamp your feet and pretend the N64 didn't have tons of great games, but it did. Stop being fucking retarded.
>>
>>385755941
yeah all those great exclusives that came out of japan like demon souls and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>385753374
Not exclusive
>>
File: duke-nukem-carteles-pc-n64[1].jpg (108KB, 1749x654px) Image search: [Google]
duke-nukem-carteles-pc-n64[1].jpg
108KB, 1749x654px
>>385754951
>all exclusive
>Duke Nukem 64
literally the worst port of the game and you list it as a exclusive
pathetic
>>
>>385753829
The PlayStation was basically designed, marketed and (sold to devs) as a third party console. I don't think anyone ever saw the handful of games developed specifically by Sony studios as flag ship system sellers (if they were aware who made them at all- the only big one would have been Gran Turismo) to Mario or Zelda would be on a Nintendo console.
>>
File: IMG_4877.gif (26KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4877.gif
26KB, 258x258px
One day /v/ will be old enough to realize the greatness of the Saturn, but today is not that day
>>
File: 1444456875039[2].png (307KB, 553x553px) Image search: [Google]
1444456875039[2].png
307KB, 553x553px
>>385755957
shit mate you're a shining example of untreated autism
>>
>>385754951
a fourth of these games are trash
>>
>>385756132

>Not liking a Clockwork Orange

I didn't think people with this kind of shit taste even existed.
>>
>>385756132
>literally the worst port of the game and you list it as a exclusive
pathetic
I actually never said they were all exclusive, only that I didn't mention most of the N64's amazing multiplats. Wetrix is on PC, too, albeit a fucking awful bastardized version. However, you've got me there, I forgot they even made a PS1 port. With that being said, you're doing the same thing as the other autist and focusing on a single game while ignoring the entire list.
>>
>>385755282
If you hate cherrypicking so much, why the fuck mention the Castlevania games? They are shit anon. They were shit in the 90's and they are shit now
>>
>>385754881
Catherine
Mgs4
No no kuni
Dad of war 3
Motorstorm
Last of us
Infamous
Uncharted
>>
>>385756360
>If you hate cherrypicking so much, why the fuck mention the Castlevania games? They are shit anon. They were shit in the 90's and they are shit now
Do you even know what cherrypicking means? Listing a game with an almost 80% metacritic rating is not "cherrypicking" retard, picking a single game YOU dislike out of a list of 50+ games and harping on it while ignoring all of the other great is IS cherrypicking. Try harder faggot child.
>>
>>385756417
Oh, so bad games and wannabe movies
>>
>>385756343
>Off the top of my head. Not even including all of the multiplats
>>
>>385756417
oh so NOW we are pretending like mgs4, uncharted, gow, and last of us are good? get fucked retard. i hate this shit, try making a mgs4 thread right now and i guarantee that 99% of the comments will be negative
>>
File: 1496061721774.jpg (144KB, 762x785px) Image search: [Google]
1496061721774.jpg
144KB, 762x785px
>>385756290
>I got assblasted and don't have a counter-argument so now I'll just call you autistic: the post
>>
>>385754951
Half of these aren't even near good. How can you enjoy shit like WetriX, Castlevania 64, Jet Force Gemini, Pilotwings, Puzzle League, Fucking Goemon 2, San Fransisco Rush, The terrible snowboard kids games (heck you mention 3 snowboard games in your top list, which is hilarious), Space Station Silicon Valley, Tetrisphere, All of Turok except 2 and the absolute hot trash that Yoshi Story was.

Nothing in there is worth a mention, they're all subpar and there's a shitload of average games I haven't even named. But I guess you really are grasping at straws.
>>
>>385756417
Catherine isn't exclusive
>>
>>385754951
>lists the entire n64 library

Nice try jamal
>>
File: Gradius_4_title_screen.jpg (80KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Gradius_4_title_screen.jpg
80KB, 320x240px
5th gen was mostly trash. Third party quality went to shit, Nintendo's first party games were in decline, 3D graphics were in their infancy. Much like the third generation, it was full of experimentation that mostly amounted to low quality games.

I grew up with these games and even I know they're shit. Come on, it's time to let go.
>>
>>385756459
>10 reviews
>>
File: 1360211303567.jpg (24KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1360211303567.jpg
24KB, 250x250px
>>385754951
>on the top of my head
>lists the entire library, including shit games
>>
>>385756509
Still better than halo and uhhhhhhh
>>
>>385756871
>>385754590
>>
>>385756645

>Hating on Jet Force Gemini, Puzzle League, Goemon, and San Fransisco Rush as well as Snowboard Kids

Jesus Christ I didn't think it was possible to have such shit terrible taste. I don't even want to imagine the kind of games you prefer.
>>
>>385754951
>shovelware and the same 10 games every nintenbros name for the system
the n64 library is so boring, there are no hidden gems and the amount of classics pale in comparison to the ps4
>>
>>385755580
Legacy of Darkness is GOAT. Go suck SotN off some more.
>>
>>385756757
>Third party quality went to shit
blame sony for that. having third party companies on a leash was for the best
>>
>>385756645
>Half of these aren't even near good
>I dislike them, so even if they got good reviews and lots of other people love them, they are shit
Good, so by your logic, 99% of the PS1 library is shit because I don't like it either. Also:

>How can you enjoy shit like WetriX
>this faggot hasn't even played the best puzzler ever made

>Nothing in there is worth a mention
Lmao, yeah retard, absolutely nothing, the most highly rated game of all time is nothing.

>grasping at straws.
This sentence encompasses the viewpoint of almost every single PS1 fan who ever sprung from their mother's foul vagina.
>>
>>385756940
Everything is good when you're drowning in nostalgia, manchild. But keep those tendies close and those pink glasses on.
>>
File: 1483569973008.jpg (82KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1483569973008.jpg
82KB, 800x449px
>>385756819
>haha I'll greentext and pretend that 50 games is the entire N64 library haha I'm gay haha xD
>>
>>385745625
IT'S TIME TO REALIZE THAT...

The PS1 is a jack of all trades but a master of none. If you enjoy RPGs and racing games then this is the console for you

The N64 is a fucking body builder chained down by the lack of a disc drive. Still, he's managed to give some great games especially if you like platformers.

The Saturn is that quirky misunderstood kid you knew who died, but not before leaving behind some quality titles, especially arcade ports. In the end, he pretty much killed himself by being terribly difficult to program for

Pick your poison~
>>
>>385756894
Thanks for proving my point

Dead rising is the only good game there and it's better on ps4 ironically
>>
>>385757156
stay delusional. 360 WON
>>
>>385754590
>Gears of War
lol
>Forza
Lol
>Viva Pinata
LOL
>Blue Dragon
LOOL
>IDOLM@ASTER
LOOOL
>Mushihimesama Futari
Okay
>Halo
LMAO
>Kameo
LMAOOOOOOO
>>
>>385757040

I can't even begin to imagine what trash you think is good to hate on these games. Probably literal walking simulators.
>>
File: 806[2].png (43KB, 381x339px) Image search: [Google]
806[2].png
43KB, 381x339px
>>385756970
>I-I-ITS BETTER THAN SOTN, JUST IGNORE THE SHIT CONTROLS CAMERA ANGLE SLUGGISH COMBAT
>STOP LAUGHING AT ME
>>
>>385757002
I meant that nothing that I talked about is worth a mention, you absolute dumbfuck.

By your standards, I guess CoD is the best franchise of all time, right? Last of us is the best game of the decade? Review sites aren't worth shit, nintenbro.
>>
>>385757179
HAHAHAAHAH STAY FUCKING MAD THE 360 FUCKIGN WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1f
>>
>>385757086
Did I trigger you? You seem like the type to be easily blasted.
>>
>>385757241
I just dislike 3D games with terrible camera and empty worlds. In this case, a third of the N64 library. But you can keep enjoying them.
>>
>>385757086
>I'll greentext and pretend that 50 games is the entire N64 library
It isn't the entire N64 library but it's more or less 15%, since there's not even 400 games on that piece of junk, and 300 of those are garbage.
>>
>>385757001

Oh, I do blame them. Much like Atari they let them reign free without filtering anything. Because of this, classic franchises like Contra, Gradius, and Megaman became outright trash, or very casual. Even the Mana games suffered a severe decline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Raz0DBymc
>>
>>385757273
I can't tell if you are being autistic or just dumb. Halo and XBL were the only reasons the 360 had the user base. Call of duty and the like did better because they had a decent voice chat and that further proliferated the popularity. Go beyond Forza, Cod, and Halo, and all it has is shit, piss, and sports games.
>>
>>385754590
>idolmaster
>tears of war
>gaylo
>mediocre launch games (kameo, project dead racing)
>gta ripoff
>literal who games

Lost odyssey, dead rising and ninja garden are decent though. 360 was ur first console?
>>
Does the PS1 have Glover? I don't think so, retards.

Get fucked.
>>
>>385757492
Then why are those okay when they're in the PlayStation? If you like 2D then Saturn is infinitely better
>>
File: 1499817987126.jpg (1MB, 2500x3174px) Image search: [Google]
1499817987126.jpg
1MB, 2500x3174px
>>385756270
agreed the saturn had far better RPG's compared to the dreamcast and genesis.
sadly they rare as fuck.
saturn also has the best bomberman because it can be played over the internet via voip netlink.
>>
>>385757086
It's a pretty big part of it. At least, the only ones people would know, since the rest is so terrible it's not even good by nostalgic standards.
>>
>>385757492

>3D games with terrible camera and empty worlds

This doesn't even describe a third of the games you were trashing.
>>
>>385757551
>>385757570
t. sony fanboys
360 WON.
>>
>>385754858
(You)
>>
File: 1307651951001[2].jpg (35KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
1307651951001[2].jpg
35KB, 600x455px
>>385756621
its quite that there is no argument to be had here, looking at your other responses in the thread its pretty obvious that you wont listen to any feedback and will just fall back on games with only a few reviews online, so at this point you may amuse me
>>
>>385745625
Is this the new dark souls 2 is good meme that will trigger some autists now matter how many days in a row you post it?
>>
>>385757728
But anon, PS3 had no games.

Seriously though, as a 4 time 360 owner, it did not win anything. I left to pc BECAUSE of all the problems the console had and the cost of XBL, time and money wise.
>>
>>385757724
You're right, the rest were four subpar FPS, average puzzle games, 2 bad platformers and the second worst Castlevania game.
>>
Graphics are a function of each games programmers and artists, not a consoles power. I find the higher res textures much better looking and more interesting than the N64s clean nothingness.
I don't need anti-aliasing.
>no load times
PS2 fast disc speed. The PS2 came out only 5 years later and I definitely bought one for that function.
>better build quality
I guess, but they all wear out eventually. Again, I use a PS2 now anyways.
PS2 does this.
>4 controller ports
Multitap. It was never very expensive.
Completely subjective. Obviously games like Mario and Banjo are masterpieces but after playing those for the millionth time I'd rather play something new, even if it's mediocre. The PS has thousands more games to choose from.
>>
>>385757960
you missed out, 360 is the greatest ever
>>
>>385757960
are you me

I ditched consoles after picking up a launch 360 and had to replace the fucker every other week

Jumped to pc with a e8400 dual core and 8800gts and never looked back. I did buy a ps3 to play the exclusives dirt cheap when ps4 released but I sold it shortly after since it just gathered dust
>>
>>385758027
>four
I meant 3. I actually liked turok 2.
>>
>>385758038
>I'd rather play something new, even if it's mediocre
Oh, so THAT'S why games are shit now and PlayStation is popular
>>
>>385758131
t. falsefag
>>
>>385758153
Coming from a fan of the "innovating" company, this is pretty hilarious.
>>
>>385758027

Well anon, you have shit taste, and there's nothing that can be done about that. I'm sorry you can't appreciate Tetris Attack, racing games, third person shooters, or a great platformer like Goemon.

I can't even begin to imagine the games you like. If you can't even appreciate those, what the fuck did you play on PlayStation? Literal walking simulators?
>>
>>385745625
Why do people forget that the tomb raider series, turok, resident evil series, and multiplats are NOT exclusive to those systems and are even better in different hardware??
>>
>>385745625

PS1 - Demos you could play for hours before

N64 - Absolutely nothing

PS1 wins
>>
>>385758246
I'm a Saturnfag you stupid shit
>>
>>385758385
Mediocre games are better than no games
>>
>>385758469
Literally false
>>
>>385758131
I have the same system i bought after high school, sans shitty video card choice, have a 750 ti now.

Bought a ps3 for a while ago, but ended up selling it to make rent during a rough couple months of unemployment. Thinking of picking up another just for a better blue ray player than what my wife has though, especially with expected kid on the way.
>>
>>385758263
I like good racing games, but san fran isn't one. Jet Force Gemini is absolute fucking trash and is only liked by hipsters because it was an oddity. The first Goemon was a nice experiment but the platforming one was extremely disappointing, but I guess you can't accept criticism. Stay safe inside your autistic bubble, anon.
>>
>>385758038

>Graphics are a function of each games programmers and artists, not a consoles power

Patently false. You're not going to be able to push photo realistic graphics on a fucking NES or Genesis. Graphics are somewhat dependent on the machine, this is not debatable.

There are limitations on all systems. N64 and PS1 didn't do 2D as well as Saturn, and Saturn didn't do 3D as well as N64 and PS1, this was because of the hardware.
>>
>>385756270
If only they released games outside of Japan
>>
>>385758724
?????

Weebs defend the PS1 because it had RPGs though, and there is an active undub community.

????????????
>>
>N64 has no demo discs
<N64 has no demo discs
>N64 has no demo discs
<N64 has no demo discs
>N64 has no demo discs
<N64 has no demo discs
>>
>>385758620

San Fransisco Rush is a great racing game. Jet Force Gemini was also amazing, and really broke the mold as far as third person shooters goes. Goemon is also a masterpiece, the game is a beloved classic for a reason.

Nigga I can accept criticism, I just can't accept trash opinions. You're even hating on based Tetris Attack, which is one of the best puzzle games ever. You're calling great games trash, so of course I'm not going to just accept that. Anymore than I would accept someone shitting on the Monalisa or other great pieces of art, anymore than I would accept someone shitting on the fucking God Father.
>>
File: 1500997963911.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1500997963911.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>385758809
>demo discs is my main argument
>>
>>385745625
Why do you make these threads? I can tell you with absolute confidence that almost everyone in this thread is defending their childhood console. Why bother trying to change history now? Wait till they're all dead
>>
>>385758872

>he couldn't try games out before buying them
>>
>>385758830
Comparing fucking JFG to Godfather is one heck of a stretch. None of these games are heralded as classics, despite what you want to think. We're clearly not going to get each other to change opinions on this, since I disagree with everything you just said. Let's just end this pointless ramble there.
>>
>>385745625
Honestly I hated nearly all 3D games for both N64 and PS1. I grew up with an SNES and PS1 in my youth and all my favorite titles for both systems were 2D titles. I never understood how people could enjoy the vast majority of 3D titles on thise systems. They fe3l like shit now and they felt like shit then. Basically what I'm saying is that PS1 had a far better 2D library. The only 3D ganes I could stand were turn based RPGs since they're really hard to make clunky.
>>
The N64 was clearly better if you had friends.

PS1 was better if you were an autistic shut-in.

N64 wins for Perfect Dark alone though.
>>
>>385759337
>silky smooth 10fps
>>
>>385745625
PS1 had better and cheaper games
>>
>>385745625
The PlayStation controller wasn't retarded
>>
>>385755924
>not learning to pirate shit on your own
Are you seriously this fucking stupid? You needed a mod chip to run burnt cds on ps1, tell me how you could possibly learn to do this yourself back in the 90's? I know you won't be able to answer because you're an underage simpleton >>385748347
>you're just a poorfag
>I just love stroking corporate cock
I had thousands of dollars worth of pirated ps1 games, what kind of dumb cunt would rather pay for it?
>>
>>385758872
>he didn't get demo disks with those gaming magazines and played the shit out of them before getting the real deal

sorry for your loss anon
>>
>>385759337

>he used cartrige based games designed for toddlers hands

Discs took care and responsibility to handle

Cartridge games = velcro shoes

PS WINS
>>
>>385757156

>>Dead rising is the only good game there
>Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise is also on there

Thanks for proving you have no taste anon. VP was the best new IP to come out of the 7th gen and specifically the 360 despite only having 2 mainline titles to its name.
>>
>>385755924
>he didn't have an older relative into gaming who sent ps1 off to be chipped

Lmao enjoy begging mommy to buy you one game a month
>>
>>385758153
I don't own PS4.

>>385758663
The graphics are a function of the artists. There's good looking and bad looking games on each system, and at the time they were top of the line. Yes, there are limitations, and many people don't go back to these systems anyway because they can't get over the graphics in comparison to modern systems. Graphics technology ages, but artistic style is forever.
>>
More than 15 frames per second > vaseline'd graphics
>>
File: 1316105-mariahunter.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1316105-mariahunter.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
Will Nintendofans ever recover knowing the only console to win a war against sony is the fucking Wii?

No, I think not
>>
>>385759670
No, unlike you I'm not a retard and have been soldering since I was a teenager.
>>
>>385760445
So you're 40 and still on 4chan
>>
>>385760817
I'm 25. Soldering isn't that hard anon

?????????
>>
>>385745625
typical pretendo
>>
File: pretendo.png (71KB, 602x817px) Image search: [Google]
pretendo.png
71KB, 602x817px
>>385745625
didn't you learn your lesson 20 years ago?
today I will remind them
>>
>>385748014
funfact: crash is made with zero polygons.
>>
>>385745625
The N64 was objectively inferior. That's why it got NO GAMES and had NO SALES. Name 20 legitimately great N64 games. You can't.
>>
I got a N64 when it first came out and got a PS1 in 2005. PS1 is the better console since there was simply more variety in what I can play compared to the N64.
>>
>>385760940
I thought you were soldering ps1 when you was a teenager though

Or you mean you soldered one in 2005 or some shit when it was irrelevant
>>
File: 1493056023295.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493056023295.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>385761662
>got a PS1 in 2005
>I bought a console 7 years after it was relevant, therefore my opinion is valid
>>
>>385745994
If we're discounting games because muh pc multiplat hurr then n64 has ZERO FUCKING GAMES since the entire library is on pc.
>>
>>385763129
>If we're discounting games because muh pc multiplat hurr then n64 has ZERO FUCKING GAMES since the entire library is on pc.
Are you autistic? This is only true if you are counting emulation, in which case every single fucking pre-2005 console game ever made is "on PC". Don't be a fucking shitbird.
>>
>>385754050
I own both consoles and you are absolutely correct. Multi platform releases run worse and less detailed on the PS3, but not because of weaker hardware, in fact the PS3 was on a technical level objectively way better than the 360, it was because the Cell system Sony built in was so fucking retarded and complex that aside from their own studios nobody could work with it. That's why you have games like Uncharted 3 or MGS 4, who would be not possible on the 360 even with countless of HD DVDs, and shitty ports like Bayonetta.
>>
>>385762264
Damn straight. Had no nostalgia related to the PS1 compared to the N64.
>>
>>385745625
I agree, and always have. The PS1 is the most overrated console that has ever existed.
>>
>>385763642
>The PS1 is the most overrated console that has ever existed.
Second only, perhaps, to the PS2 which was actualy worse than the PS1 IMO.
>>
>>385763324
>he fell for my trap card

Check this 3 and begone.
>>
File: 1498836737195.jpg (27KB, 469x473px) Image search: [Google]
1498836737195.jpg
27KB, 469x473px
>>385763986
So... what was the trap card, exactly? Saying something blatantly autistic and untrue and then making a Yu-Gi-Oh! reference?
>>
>>385754532
>He would rather paying $500 a decade than free servers or spending that in other shit.
>>
>>385759645
>my shovelware came on discs, HA
>>
>>385764456
>$500
>a decade
Dude, if spending $500 over the course of 10 fucking years is a lot to you, I don't even know how you're using the internet right now.
>>
File: fraiser-640x480.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fraiser-640x480.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>385764124
It was tiggering a nintendo cuck, such as yourself.
>>
>>385763918
The GameCube is easily the most overrated console ever. Shit had no games.
>>
>>385765335
>Shit had no games.
Yeah, other than the best games of the gen like RE4, F-Zero GX, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, and literally dozens of other great games. Yeah, nothing.

...only in your autistic mind, sweet young faggot child.
>>
>>385765025
Wow. If you like spending $500 over something not worth it them try throwing It out the window, you will not use It anyway.
>>
File: AutismCube.gif (619KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
AutismCube.gif
619KB, 264x264px
>>385765267
>I was only pretending to be retarded: the post
>>
>>385759337
its funny because only the autistic in kids school had a N64
everyone else was too busy playing good games
>>
>>385765709
the gamecube didnt have the most important game of the generation
>>
File: sdfsdgfg.png (80KB, 285x412px) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdgfg.png
80KB, 285x412px
>>385766152
>the console with better multiplayer games was what the autistic kids who had no friends played
I wonder what it was like for your parents... You know, raising a retarded child and all.
>>
>>385766328
>the gamecube didnt have the most important game of the generation
That isn't Resident Evil 4, so your point is invalid by default.
>>
File: CuteFluffySeaOtter.jpg (112KB, 650x474px) Image search: [Google]
CuteFluffySeaOtter.jpg
112KB, 650x474px
>>385765817
>he's so triggered he keeps replying
>>
>>385766425
RE4 was also on ps2 and pc
>he actually thinks RE4 was even half as influential as GTA 3
>>
>>385766337
thats how pathetic they where
>CMON STOP PLAYING TEKKEN AND PLAY MARIO PARTY
you where a social outcast if you owned a N64
>>
File: 1498502167828.png (1MB, 930x903px) Image search: [Google]
1498502167828.png
1MB, 930x903px
>>385766816
>RE4 was also on ps2 and pc
Yep, 6 months later with an inferior PS2 port, and years later on PC with an inferior port that nobody gave a fuck about.

>GTA 3: influenced nothing except other GTA games
>Resident Evil 4: influenced literally every third person shooter made since 2005
>>
>>385766816
Looked like shit on the phony shitstation2
>>
>>385766803
>he's so triggered he keeps replying
>literally keeps replying
I guess you weren't pretending after all, you are actually retarded.
>>
>>385767062
>every shooter after 2005
every TPS today takes after Gears Of War, dont delude yourself
>>GTA 3: influenced nothing except other GTA games
HAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT
NIGGER LOOK AROUND YOU
>>
File: Turok 3.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Turok 3.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Its a better console if your favorite genres are FPS/TPS, 3D platformer/adventure game and racing. If you like fighting games, RPGs, shmups or 2D games in general its library really won't have much for you. It does one or two things and does them better than any other console at the time, it just had a limited focus compared to PSX.
>>
>>385767064
and who cares, people still got to play it
meanwhile this never got on gamecube because it simply was too shit
>>
>>385767310
>every TPS today takes after Gears Of War, dont delude yourself
Fucking L M A O, Gears of War, the game who Cliff Bleszinski literally said "Wouldn't exist without Resident Evil 4". Holy fuck, I'm screencapping this. Absolute fucking autism.

>HAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT
>NIGGER LOOK AROUND YOU
At what? GTA3 didin't influence shit you dumb faggot. "realistic open world" is a meme as old as time, stop swallowing Rockstar's cum.
>>
File: IMG_0057[1].jpg (686KB, 2400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057[1].jpg
686KB, 2400x1200px
>>385767062
>>GTA 3: influenced nothing except other GTA games
ar u stupid
>>
PS1 had third party support, CGI, and the games were cheaper

N64 had Rare

Both are obviously genius
>>
File: laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>385767582
>I'm so underage that I think GTA influenced modern open world games
>>
File: Winback.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Winback.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>385767532
Gears of War also wouldn't exist without Kill.Switch, RE4 and Kill.Switch wouldn't exist without Winback on the N64, Winback wouldn't exist without MGS and Time Crisis. Gears of War was still hugely influential even if it wasn't the first game to use its mechanics.
>>
>>385767840
> RE4 and Kill.Switch wouldn't exist without Winback on the N64
Winback and RE4 are nothing alike and I don't see how it influenced RE4 whatsoever, especially given the lack of a cover system.
>>
>>385748184
>clearly the games don't compare to modern releases
actually, I beg to differ. I believe they are better than modern games. A lot of modern games. If you had said the PS2 or original Xbox as the standard of modern games, I would concede, but by no means has this generation or the previous one been anything better. Remember, today's games aren't made for a mix of hardcore or somewhat casual gamers. All games are made specifically for casual gamers. You can see this with all hardcore genres having died immediately overnight.
>>
File: latest[1].png (2MB, 760x1079px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2MB, 760x1079px
>>385767704
>he thinks it didnt
every open world game today has design elements that went way back to GTA 3,nobody gave a shit about open world before GTA3 and after the games release the market was flooded with them
>>
>>385767704
GTA3 was easily the most influential initializing the sandbox genre. You don't even have a single game to compare it it to since Ocarina of Time. Just look at how the dodo inspired Vice City then San Andreas.
>>
>>385768070
Stopping to aim with a red dot with body part specific damage.
>>
File: n64kidfreaking580px.jpg (31KB, 580x268px) Image search: [Google]
n64kidfreaking580px.jpg
31KB, 580x268px
>People try to tell me the PS1 had better graphics than the N64
Yeah, because polygons warping everywhere looks SO good.
>Muh textures
The PS1 can't even filter those textures properly.
>>
>>385768185
>nobody gave a shit about open world before GTA3
And this is where your fetus of an argument was aborted.
>>
>>385768363
>ocarina of time
>even comparable to GTA 3
Ocarina of times open world was empty, there was nothing to do in it, all you did was go to the next quest
no open world is designed today in OoT's image
>>
>>385768502
>Ocarina of times open world was empty, there was nothing to do in it, all you did was go to the next quest
Lmao you didn't even play it you dumb faggot, this is blatantly untrue by every metric.

>no open world is designed today in OoT's image
LOL holy fuck you actually just said this. You are, actually, this retarded.
>>
>>385768502
>Ocarina of times open world was empty, there was nothing to do in it, all you did was go to the next quest

Sounds like 99% of modern open world games
>>
File: mariko-mori-16709_1.jpg (363KB, 1600x1262px) Image search: [Google]
mariko-mori-16709_1.jpg
363KB, 1600x1262px
Nintendo has always been a kid, family console, which unfortunately limited the genres and content devs would put on it. Thats why all the more hardcore, aging gamers went to the PS1 while N64 kept shitting out games that were embarrassing to show to your friends, unless you were that one autist group that sat together at school discussing magic cards or dnd. Then the N64 was the right console for you.
>>
>>385760189
And it wasnt even a real gaming console. It was just another casual toy.
>>
The shitpost is in so many fucking levels right now that there is someone saying that GTA3 isn't revolucional, like Holy fuck.
>>
File: sly 2.png (150KB, 256x366px) Image search: [Google]
sly 2.png
150KB, 256x366px
>>385767704

It influenced fucking platformers. Quite being such a goddamn idiot. You should know this.
>>
>>385745625
You're just going to make this thread every week now? Do you enjoy getting BTFO so much or do you do it to false flag as a nintenbroter?
>>
>>385768502
Ocarina of Time wasn't even an open world game in the same desc of as one in the current age. That's because unlike current games, ocarina doesn't put down mulitple markers on a map and make you go to do to find a little note that says YOU FOUND ME HAHA then flash an achievement at you. it gave you a new area with a temple to explore in it and other secrets. Ocarina did what more modern open world games should have done: gave you actual content to fucking find in your world. They also knew the value of not making you walk miles of nothing just for some fake "freedom."
>>
>>385745625
Ps1 can compete in pictures, but it always looked far worse in motion than the N64, with it's lack of antialiasing and dancing polygons. PS did have the larger library, but N64 had the very best 10/10 game changers.
I love both systems.
>>
n64 only had a handful of good games meanwhile ps1 had an overflowing amount of stuff from just about every genre
>>
>>385754951
I've yet to see a sonybro recover from these with a rebuttal list. They've all just gone into asthmatic ad hominem. But you forgot the first two Rush games which kicked ass.
>>
>>385769996
I can only think of like 4 games I enjoyed on the n64, glover, mario64 hydro thunder and golden eye and none of those are as good as any ps1 FF title, vagrant story, valkyrie profile, spyro or crash 1-3 or castlevania sotn
>>
Fuck you
>>
>>385754951
>off the top of my head
>mentions half of n64's library
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 562188b034094.jpg (284KB, 640x647px) Image search: [Google]
562188b034094.jpg
284KB, 640x647px
>>385769131
>revolucional
Bean spotted. Hue.
But I agree.
>>
>>385746795
Shitty bait 2/10 I replied
Not worth typing out names of games on PS1 That looked better than N64's whole library because there are too many fucking games to list
>>
>>385752091
Underage detected
If you were around at that time instead of swimming in your dad's sack you would know why FF7 was groundbreaking
>>
File: lara-crofts.jpg (299KB, 2124x800px) Image search: [Google]
lara-crofts.jpg
299KB, 2124x800px
>>385753374
RIP boobs
>>
>>385754951
>PS1
SotN
Persona 2 IS & EP
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Vandal Hearts
FFT
FF7/9
Crash Bandicoot
Syphon Filter
Street Fighter Alpha
MvC
The only port for Diablo
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Gran Turismo
Crash Team Racing
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Persona 1 (Which isn't super good but meh, it's good if you can somehow get a translation of the JP version)
Every SMT game before Nocturne unless you don't want to include games that never made it to America, but you obviously do since you put in Animal Crossing
Tales of Phantasia
Legacy of Dragoon
LoK: Soul Reaver
Parasite Eve
Parappa the Rappa
Suikoden II
Spyro
Valkyrie Profile
Silent Hill
Arc the Lad Collection
Bloody Roar
Brave Fencer Musashi
Breath of Fire 3
Bushido Blade
Chrono Cross
Clock Tower

etc
>>
>>385745625
>/nintendogaf/ the post: the thread part 3459823478945 shill harder with all my rage edition brought to you in part by manchildren with autism
>>
>>385748184
GTA 1 and 2 were both out first on PC.
>>
>>385745625
As a Sonybro, I'll call it a draw. I had both, and both have amazing titles.
One had Banjo-Kazooie, Mario 64, Zelda; while the other had Final Fantasy (series I love), Tekken, Megaman 8, PacMan World, Resident Evil, and a fuck ton of RPGs.
>>
>>385757179
not an argument
>>
>>385755957

N64 castlevania is so shit it turns men into traps
>>
>almost 400 replies
>literally nobody mentions Abe's odyssey/exodus
Fuck you all.
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.