[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on sonic forces so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: DF17cXdXgAIPWHq.jpg (128KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DF17cXdXgAIPWHq.jpg
128KB, 768x1024px
thoughts on sonic forces so far?
>>
>>385743986
I'm more interested in Odyssey and Mania but it could be okay
>>
looks like shit
>>
Total garbage like all 3D Sonic games. No I'm not the typical hater. I'm a convert. Was a retard in middle school, kept falling for the so-called cycle. I still burn very deep inside, I wish 3D Sonic could be good, but its just so unlikely. And its very obvious this shit game is just more pandering to the garbage crowd that already likes these terrible games. You can build your own furry now for christs sake...

Sure, Forces might be a small improvement over what little was good about Colors & Generations, but it took a huge turn in story and thematic direction. (okay maybe not huge, but still) Its all this edge lord save the world Kapowy boom boom shit again like Sonic 06.

Sonic Mania is the next coming, our true savior. I'd suck the developers of that games dick if I could. That game is what we need, and what Sonic is, AND SHOULD BE. An amazing 2D platformer with fun colors, and cool retro style. I'm not here to argue with the Mario fags or other elitists platformer fans. I'm not here to say Sonic is the best old school platformer. I get that Mario has tighter and more precise controls in some ways. But honestly as someone who has spent way too much time picking over what makes old Sonic great, its a good platformer. The first 3 games & Knuckles are great. It might not be as approachable as Mario, but its not garbage. I'm not good at games at all but I kick ass at those old Sonic games because I have the physics down to a T. In specific, I love how he slides just a tiny tiny bit when you land. I fucking love the feel of those games. Mania is all of that with new, cool, and interesting levels along with fan service remixes etc.

Fuck Forces, and fuck Sega for continuing to cow tow to that fan base. They should have balls and say fuck you to all of that and drop all that money of the Mania team because they actually know how to make an enjoyable game.
>>
>>385743986
Literally could not give more of a crap if I tried.
>>
>>385744983

lmao why u mad tho
>>
I just don't see what you guys are seeing. It looks alright to me.
>>
>>385745493
/v/ is unironically reddit now. Everyone here prefers to play bland garbage like BoTW instead of /ourguy/ Sonic's games.
>>
>>385745292
This is literally the definition of a garbage tier shit post... go home faggot. It literally doesn't make any sense in context to what I posted. I was hardly mad, the word you're looking for is impassioned, dumbass. LMAO WHY U PASSIONATE THO. I don't loose an once of peace over the situation, its a fuckin vidja game dude. But we all know 3D Sonic is bullshit and furries are fucking lame. Does it make me mad tho? No not really. If Sonic Mania wasn't announced, then yes, okay, I would totally be mad lol, but they at least partially did the right thing and handed classic Sonic over to some competent people for once.
>>
>>385745658
>its a fuckin vidja game dude

the fucking irony lmao

chill my guy, this isn't a blog
>>
>>385743986
I unironically believe that Sega is trying to kill Modern Sonic for good with this game
>>
>>385743986
To quote Jay Sherman, "IT STINKS"
>>
>>385744983
Preach
>>
>>385744983
>>385745658
This isn't your average, everyday autism.... This is...

ADVANCED AUTISM
>>
>>385745493
It's because we've been fucked for the last 20 years or so. Sure the game looks "alright" and I get that people work really hard on those games even though they don't turn out to be master pieces. Its just really frustrating to see them continuously take their mascot in such weird directions. A mascot that many of us have fond memories of before they ruined it lol. People would have the same reaction if it was another beloved character that got shit on over and over again. I'm not here to say Forces is total garbage, it is to me personally, but okay, as a game, its probably not too terrible.. it just doesn't look all that fun either. I to this day do not understand the appeal of the 3D sonic games besides the fact that ones like 06 are so bad that that's why they are enjoyable.
>>
I AM THE DARKEST OF DAYS
>>
>>385746013
You're the one with autism homie, strictly for making that comment. Fucking losers. This is why this website is fucking dead because of you basement dwelling morons.
>>
>>385744983
autism
>>
>>385745824
Literally no one except you and the other retards even know what you're talking about. Take your post modern net knowledge elsewhere faggot. I'm taking this board back for the sane ones who are still here! Down the with the cancer that's ruined the internet & 4chan in general!
>>
>>385746028
Sonic Colors was the last good Sonic game. Just saiyan.
>>
>>385746139
>>385746013
>>385745824

SAME FAG
>>
>>385746108
Seems like everyone else agrees with me, edgelord
>>
>>385746286

I agree my dude, I liked what they were trying to go for with Generations, but it didn't work right. There was genuinely decent level design and gameplay in colors. I actually enjoyed the different power ups you could get from the enemies.
>>
>>385746329
Multiple people think I'm a faggot for acting like a faggot! Obvious samefag!
>>
>>385746329
autism
>>
>>385746396
Actually, quite the opposite MORON.

>>385746286
>>385746083
>>385745918
>>385745886
>>385745837
>>385745185

All these folks agree WITH ME, NOT YOU. Go away and go back to /b/ dork.
>>
to be honest i'm really starting to hate this war between mania and forces

this is not a race to see who makes the better game,because we all want to see sonic (as a franchise) do well in both quality and sales
>>
Jesus Christ, forget it. Sorry to all the sane individuals here, I tried to have a reasonable convo with ya'll. Just glad to know I'm not entirely alone. Peace out!
>>
>>385746573
Quiet, autist.
>>
>>385744983
This the new sonic pasta?
>>
>>385743986
Looks okay but I'm not really in the market for more boost and classic sonic but doesn't play like classic sonic. I wish Sonic Team all the best, but I'll just stick with Mania unless this game somehow exceeds expectations.

Also what's up with that pixelated shadow? It's not actually gonna look like this is it? It's not even attached to his foot. Switch version maybe?
>>
>Step in mania thread
>Chill as fuck, minimal shitposting
>Step in forces thread
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AUTISM IT'S SHIT IT'S SHIT REEEEEEEEE

Jesus Christ.
>>
File: sorta_scared.gif (767KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
sorta_scared.gif
767KB, 298x298px
>the last time we let shun nakamura direct a game it was Sonic 06
There is no way this is not intentional sabotage
>>
>>385746801
maybe it's because Forces just doesn't look very good
>>
>>385744983
>Sonic Mania is the next coming, our true savior.
But 2D Sonic games are trash.
>>
>>385746801
to be honest the problem seems to be the classicfags that have an hateboner for forces because "this game is going to be shit,mania is the game that sonic truly needs"
>>
>>385743986
It really does look like Generations 2
I'm okay with that but I think I would prefer the Adventure style of control when it comes to 3D sonic
Boost doesn't feel too good imo
I think Forces will be a decent Sonic game, one that won't break any boundaries and limits but will still be fun to play
>>
>>385743986
I'm genuinely excited for it.
>>
File: wtf is this shit.jpg (31KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
wtf is this shit.jpg
31KB, 550x550px
>>385746489
>>385746495
>shit on people with memes
>get attacked for it
>NO U R RETARDED

Fucking kids these days, cant you go somewhere else to escape from the fact that noone gives to shits about you
>>
>Modern Sonic looks the same as usual
>they made Classic Sonic play worse
>now you can make a Sonic OC
Meh.
>>
>>385747094
Quiet, autist
>>
>>385743986
Looking fun.
Boost is about as solid as it can get without changing fundamentally, Classic looked to be passable and that was months ago, but I'm most worried about the pacing of the OC levels and whether or not the gadgets are more than just a novel gimmick.
Honestly, I'll probably end up spending more time playing it than Mania. Not because I don't love Mania but mainly because I tend to breeze through Genesis style Sonic games. I'm also a huge fag for speedrunning Boost levels.
>>
>>385746943
The best part will be when Forces outsells Mania and they go nuclear.
>>
File: 1501533198250.png (1MB, 942x526px) Image search: [Google]
1501533198250.png
1MB, 942x526px
>>385746943
Why would us classicfags be mad, we got exactly what we wanted? It's the adventure kiddies making a stink.
>>
>>385747606
i don't see any adventurefag complaining in the mania thread that they want a sonic adventure 3,yet i see classicfags coming in forces threads telling us that mania is the real game
>>
>>385747606

>he said, on the board that continually pumps out falseflag wojaks to shit up threads about things they don't like
>>
I'm not really sure what they're trying to sell to me to be honest. Is it an actual sequel or a quasi-sequel to generations. Is it an entirely new game that follows up on lost world? Is it more a customizable Sonic game with dlc and mods in mind?

The message isn't clear to me, maybe I missed something?
>>
is it out or something?

what is happening is what im getting at.
no news at all on this shit, so i'm assuming its out but no leaks on stupid story shit or anything because its NOT out and OP is just a screenshot
>>
>>385747954
you know maybe you should check the official sonic youtube channel more often
>>
>>385747450
To be fair, it's gonna be really sad to see how big the gap will be.
>>
>>385748013
checking an OFFICIAL page?

nah, ill just wait for (INSERT SONIC YOUTUBER HERE) to talk about it for (LENGTH OF TIME).
>>
>>385743986
I don't understand why they are pushing all the edge. I keep expecting a bait and switch like infinite actually being big the cat.
>>
>>385748013

No, he's right. We know fuck all about Forces. They keep uploading music when they should be showing off new stages.
>>
>>385748173
what's the problem with sonictubers ?
>>
>>385748219
People asked for a little more seriousness so they're getting their wish on the monkey's paw.
I like it. It's definitely on purpose.
>>
>>385746801
classicfags are fine until you discuss the current state of Sonic. They really hate his transition to 3D and Iizuka in general
>>
>>385743986
Honestly keep forgetting it exists until a thread like this is posted.

With a reap Sonic game coming out why would I care about Forces at all? Call me back when the Adventure style 3D games make a comeback. At least those were still pretty functional platformers.
>>
File: IMG_4656.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4656.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>385743986
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT
>>
>>385748810
his theme is actually pretty dope to be honest
>>
>more modern boost levels

I'm hype
>>
>>385748237
its not them, its ALL fucking youtubers

i don't want faggot chad or spazchild98 to tell me this shit. i want to read about it from this shithole so i can make fun of it because those assholes will disable comments if things become to "problematic" like all faggot youtubers do

why bother having a fucking comment section?
all the big corporations disable comments because they don't want people influencing negative (rightfully so too) opinions from their shit game footage from their shit new game that will sell but flop like sonic 06
>>
>>385749067
comment section of the official sonic channel are not disabled thought
>>
File: gun commander.png (116KB, 338x249px) Image search: [Google]
gun commander.png
116KB, 338x249px
It looks bad.

>The one level we've seen of Modern Sonic looks like it has even less going on than even Modern Green Hill.
>Classic looks completely unimproved from Gens, despite there being plenty of room for improvement.
>Avatar looks like utter filler made from Modern Sonic leftovers and a dollar store version of Ratchet and Clank.
>The music is bad across the board, with Green Hill sounding like some Sonic 4 shit.
>Infinite is so bad that Sonic fans have deluded themselves into thinking that it's some parody. Despite there being absolutely no reason to believe that Sonic Team has grown any self-awareness, and there being no reason to believe that they're not genuinely pandering to people who still make Sonic AMVs.
>They've shown almost nothing about the game, despite it being late enough in development that there should be a lot of presentable content.

I'm only interested in a third of the game. Classic is redundant, Avatar doesn't look fun at all. The game looks like a desperate, flailing mess that's trying to appeal to everyone at once. The sad part is it'll probably make bank on the character creator alone, even though it doesn't even look as robust as the character creator in fucking Blinx 2.
>>
>>385749067

So don't watch them?
>>
>>385748810
he has a fucking LeDouche hat on
its not 2006 /a/ again, though that shit was fun times when episode 26 was new

all those lulz forgotten, like tears in the rain
>>
File: 2421878-buggin.png (326KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2421878-buggin.png
326KB, 640x480px
>>385743986
I honestly think the Modern Sonic parts of the game is the best parts of the game. As in the gameplay, which looks like a overall upgrade from Colors controls and gameplay. Only things from Modern I hate are Forced Wisps, (which seems like) Forced 2D Sections (judging OC maker's gameplay) and Fedora The Personnel, although I'm laughing my ass off from it, it's still bad.

Everything else is cancer. Thank GOD for based Taxman, if only there was something to show that you DON'T have to be Forcedâ„¢ to play as Classic Sonic to complete the story mode, then all I need is Mania solely for my proper genesis gameplay. But ultimately, I'm not willing to get this game, as with all 3D Sonic games it's always 1/number of the game that's actually decent and the rest is shit. You'd think SEGA after 15 years since their jump to 3D they'd figure how to make a 3D game like 3&K (characters play like Sonic with X ability) and be done with that.
>>
>>385746801
>Step in promising game that looks good thread
>Chill thread
>Step in dubious game that looks bad thread
>People aren't keen on the game
I
WONDER
WHY
>>
File: [MENACING].gif (2MB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
[MENACING].gif
2MB, 400x238px
>>385748810
>>
>>385749569
of course not!

this is sega post dreamcast, where the dream died!

i mean, shit, i want fucking Shenmue 3, but i don't want to share it with shitfuckers on other systems! i want it on a fucking Sega console! i want Sega to fucking come back, so many damn franchises fucking died with the Dreamcast its sad as shit.

Sega has at least 30 something IPs they can use that aren't fucking Sonic, who REALLY fucking needs a good hard nap at this point after the fucking swansong that will be Sonic Mania, a fucking game that was stolen from an alternate universe 1997 Saturn disc because i can't fucking believe Sega of this universe making good ideas
>>
File: 1478987119885.jpg (490KB, 1522x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1478987119885.jpg
490KB, 1522x1900px
>>385746868
Thats all I needed to hear about this game.

Better luck next decade.
>>
File: 1481503852136.png (42KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1481503852136.png
42KB, 500x322px
>>385750224
Sega's always been incompetent bud. Relying on it's american and european counterparts to bail it's ass out after every blunder. The dream might be dead but Sega themselves were the ones that killed it.
>>
>>385744983
Let's make this a pasta
>>
File: 1494311698176.jpg (10KB, 242x144px) Image search: [Google]
1494311698176.jpg
10KB, 242x144px
>>385750224
>a fucking game that was stolen from an alternate universe 1997 Saturn disc

New canon acquired for Sonic Mania's greenlight.
>>
>>385744983
Saved
>>
>>385750887
worst fucking thing is, i know all that already

i fucking lived it because i bought all their damn systems at launch. post Sega CD was the warning signs. fucking 32X, good shit on Saturn, but not enough people buying the damn thing or games and then the DC hits, lots of people i know buying it , it does well and shit but it was too damn late.

all the cuts and shit from the CD, 32X and Saturn did the damage and the Dreamcast bled the fuck out in a gutter.
>>
>>385743986
Sonic was never good, not even back in the day where SEGA was something. Also nobody likes Sonic aside from joking and memes and only autistic adult and degenerates want this shit.
>>
>>385751000
more like, lets make this a MADLIBS

that would be way more fun
>>
>>385751298
Arin fuck off, please.
>>
>>385743986
Total garbage like all 3D Sonic games. No I'm not the typical hater. I'm a convert. Was a retard in middle school, kept falling for the so-called cycle. I still burn very deep inside, I wish 3D Sonic could be good, but its just so unlikely. And its very obvious this shit game is just more pandering to the garbage crowd that already likes these terrible games. You can build your own furry now for christs sake...

Sure, Forces might be a small improvement over what little was good about Colors & Generations, but it took a huge turn in story and thematic direction. (okay maybe not huge, but still) Its all this edge lord save the world Kapowy boom boom shit again like Sonic 06.

Sonic Mania is the next coming, our true savior. I'd suck the developers of that games dick if I could. That game is what we need, and what Sonic is, AND SHOULD BE. An amazing 2D platformer with fun colors, and cool retro style. I'm not here to argue with the Mario fags or other elitists platformer fans. I'm not here to say Sonic is the best old school platformer. I get that Mario has tighter and more precise controls in some ways. But honestly as someone who has spent way too much time picking over what makes old Sonic great, its a good platformer. The first 3 games & Knuckles are great. It might not be as approachable as Mario, but its not garbage. I'm not good at games at all but I kick ass at those old Sonic games because I have the physics down to a T. In specific, I love how he slides just a tiny tiny bit when you land. I fucking love the feel of those games. Mania is all of that with new, cool, and interesting levels along with fan service remixes etc.

Fuck Forces, and fuck Sega for continuing to cow tow to that fan base. They should have balls and say fuck you to all of that and drop all that money of the Mania team because they actually know how to make an enjoyable game.
>>
File: u22IH6d.jpg (85KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
u22IH6d.jpg
85KB, 600x800px
>>385744983
>>
>>385748219
The people in charge of the Sonic Twitter don't make the games you know.
>>
>>385752787
You can't use pasta in the same thread it was "created" in, you dumbass. It kills the shitposting power it's used for.
>>
>>385743986
Looks like another shitty 3D Sonic game. But this is aimed mainly at kids so whatever.
>>
>>385743986
Why the fuck is classic Sonic in this game when Mania exists? They do realise that the Forces version is going to end up looking inferior by comparison right?
>>
>>385752963
>used to be handsome and make funny things
>married a fat alien
>is now perpetually fat, depressed, and makes nothing of value
Even in fiction I have only seen few that have fallen further than Arin.
>>
>>385753880
Because Forces existed before Mania did and Mania started as a compilation port of the Genesis games before Lizuka told them it'd be better if it was a new game instead.
>>
Eh, I'll get Mania for sure and see how it goes with Forces. I'll get it unless fans everywhere do nothing but shit on it.
>>
>>385753880
Will we be getting these comments until Iizuka or Taxman themselves tell you fags Forces came first?
>>
>>385743986
Honestly i'm excited for the game, Boost looks like it's being handled better than how it was in Generations, where the game gave you boost for doing anything (grabbing rings, doing tricks, smashing bots, drifting), and its going to how the player needs to learn when to use the boost instead of just holding down X to blast away for the entire stage. I like the direction they're going with by making Color powers it's own exclusive playstyle instead of blending it with boost gameplay, that way it won't have that problem Colors had. While I did enjoy Colors, there were parts where it stopped the dashing in favor of requiring you to slow down to use a power. From what we've seen so far it shows that the color powers blend well with the basic platforming and action in the Custom Character stages rather than the abrupt stop they had in Colors and Lost World when mixed with Sonic's gameplay. I like the tone the story is going for so far since its just a huge departure compared to the previous games we've gotten recently so it feels like a breath of fresh air. Music so far has been alright, i've liked the songs we've heard for the two OC stages shown so far, City Heights sounds great, Infinite's theme is pretty rad, and while the vocals are a bit iffy I still like Fist Bump mostly for the lyrics and instruments. Only problem I have so far is the very little Classic gameplay we've been shown. The only stage we've seen felt very handholdy and the music was pretty eh. Its kinda cool that Forces also has Mania's dropdash so maybe that's a sign that the game is taking a few cues from the Mania team. But if the Classic aspect ends up being lackluster, I always have Mania to fall back on to enjoy for classic gameplay and just fully enjoy Boost and OC's gameplay.

All in all i'm pretty excited for the game and I wish I could play a demo just to get my own hands on the game.
>>
>>385747925
It's generations 2 but not in name
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.