[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do pirate groups add music to their install wizards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: arthas.jpg (5KB, 175x182px) Image search: [Google]
arthas.jpg
5KB, 175x182px
Why do pirate groups add music to their install wizards?
>>
Cause it's neat.
>>
>>385741378
Dunno but I'm glad they do it
>>
>pirating

do you really value free games more than risking to get your computer broken or go to jail for some videogames?
>>
>>385741378

I always thought this was a strange trend. I think that the projects take so long that they get bored and throw the music on since they really feel that the project is somewhat of a masterpiece. Maybe they think it would be weird if there were no music at all?
>>
>>385741378
its tradition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dCPcdpRUkA
>>
File: 1448129868953.gif (233KB, 328x272px) Image search: [Google]
1448129868953.gif
233KB, 328x272px
Sometimes the music is pretty awesome, thats why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBgHoUtCQ8
>>
>>385741378
for fun
>>
>>385741597
>go to jail for some videogames
lmao what? Nobody goes to jail for torrenting games mate
>>
>>385741862
well you can get fined and if you don't pay they can arrest you
>>
File: 1478087643680.jpg (31KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1478087643680.jpg
31KB, 600x338px
>>385741892
>NA laws
>>
>>385741378
Why do paradins turn into lich kings?
>>
>>385741892
>you can get fined
In the land of the free that is literally owned and run by corporations, maybe
>>
>>385741938
>>385742025
It's like that in every country of the (fist) world.
Theft is a serious crime.
>>
iirc it's because in the early days of pirating people would challenge each other to create installers that were functional while being as small and lightweight as possible. This led some of the to put music in there while maintaining a relatively small file size just to show off their mad skillz. This evolved into the tradition we know today.
>>
>>385742468
>piracy
>theft
Here we go again...
>>
How come DLCs are always packaged with the main game and can't be pirated separately?
>>
>He doesn't like modern day shanties
pleb
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.