[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is underrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1596.jpg (57KB, 276x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1596.jpg
57KB, 276x359px
This game is underrated
>>
>>385741365
It's rated. Neither underrated nor overrated. It's like a standalone mission pack for III and not much more than that.
>>
It's a shame we never got Los Santos Stories. Would have been too much for the PSP to handle I guess.
>>
>>385742130
just los santos? nah. it would do fine.
>>
>>385741793
It's literally portable GTA3, quite impressive back in its day and fun as shit. VCS was better though.
>>
>>385742493
How powerful was the PSP? Borderline PS2 level?
>>
I played it on PS2 and it was disappointing because it didn't have flying vehicles when Vice City and San Andreas did. Even GTA III had the Dodo.

I never played Vice City Stories but that had flying vehicles too, didn't it?
>>
>>385742586
Not quite PS2 level but certainly better than PS1. LCS was a hell of a game on release
>>
>>385742586
Just about; it wasn't quite as good at handling large maps, which was why there was never a San Andreas Stories on PSP.
>>
>>385742586
Not quite, but it was still an impressive piece of hardware back in 2005
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable#Technical_specifications
Some devs like the guys who made the PSP God of War games worked some black magic on it to achieve genuinely amazing graphics.
>>
>>385742660
Yes, but it was all helicopters.
GTA LCS and III were never meant to have helicopters, because most of the buildings don't have textures or collisions on top, which is also why the Dodo was so hard to fly.
>>
>>385742730
A map the size of the whole San Andreas would be unthinkable (I don't think the game would even fit in a single UMD), but a single city would probably be doable. Just not with great framerate; even LCs and VCS had massive framerate drops sometimes
>>
>>385742938
VCS has the acrobatic plane too

Best thing about the PSP GTAs was their moddability
>>
>>385743074
Oh right, almost forgot
>>
>>385743074
Cheat Device was the shit, too bad it doesn't work on emulators
>>
>>385743267
Cheat Device for LCS and VCS and the nitePR codes for Killzone Liberation were a godsend

I always loved KZ Liberation, but when I found out about hacks it became a whole new level of fun especially in multiplayer
>>
This game is unplayable on PS2 because of the terrible frame rate and input lag.
>>
>>385742493
>portable GTA3
You know we already have that, right?
>>
>>385742130
The PS Vita could handle a game as huge as San Andreas, but the Vita was released as GTA IV came out and at that time Rockstar only focused on their new direction, aka. Dramatic games and then threw that all out of the window as they made GTA V which is more over the top and less serious than every GTA game ever.
>>
>>385744586
We didn't have it back in 2005.
>>
>>385745141
desu I probably would have bought a Vita if it come with a San Andreas Story or a GTAV port
>>
I only ever played it when it got ported to PS2 so I didn't have the novelty of portability. To me it was just a slightly jankier version of the 3 previous GTA games I had played.
>>
Rockstar worked some voodoo in to this game. It actually looks on par or better than GTA 3 at times. It's definitely got a cleaner, more pleasant aesthetic to it. It's got effects that San Andreas had and GTA 3 didn't and running at decent frame rate.
>>
>>385744586
Can it be played on a device with real buttons?
>>
>>385746852
If you hook a controller to your phone/tablet then it's fair game i guess
>>
File: IMG_1599.png (878KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1599.png
878KB, 1334x750px
The game has some kino shots
>>
>>385742660
There are ways to get helicopters in certain missions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8gNzezFkjk
>>
>>385745832
I think that was just because the screen was so small. I played it on PS2 and it definitely looks worse than GTA 3, but it has a lot more features than 3 does.
>>
>>385742586
It could emulate PS1 games so it was pretty powerful for a handheld.
>>
>>385748896
Yeah running the game at 480x272 definitely helped
>>
>>385747895
post more shots
>>
>>385741365
LCS just feels like a proof of concept desu. VCS is better.
>>
I have a PSP Go and I never played VCS.
Where do I get the stuff needed for Cheat Engine?
>>
>>385749946

As opposed to GTA 3 to the 360p on Ps2. GTA:LCS is impressive as fuck
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.