[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth getting into? Preface: I loved fallout and elder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Is this worth getting into? Preface: I loved fallout and elder scrolls, but didn't care for dark souls. What would you recommend me to play?
>>
>>385739220
It has an incredible world but the gameplay is kinda shit. Combat is bad, every enemy is a damage sponge and most of the out of combat gameplay is following footprints to your next cutscene.

I'd still recommend it if you really enjoy exploring a believable world though.
>>
>>385739220
It's honestly a better game than all three of those put together.

Combat is probably it's weakest point, but still fun to a degree with the dodging and learning enemy move-sequences.

It's less RPG-ey than fallout and Skyrim because you're not building some guy from the ground up, and in that respect it's like watching a really good movie more than it is playing a game.
>>
You clearly have shit taste so you will love The Witcher 3
>>
>>385739346
don't listen to this guy, combat is great if you know how to build your character and make use of your resources (also, play on death march)
>>
>>385739346
>It has an incredible world but the gameplay is kinda shit. Combat is bad, every enemy is a damage sponge and most of the out of combat gameplay is following footprints to your next cutscene.

That could more or less describe Skyrim, so OP should love it.
>>
>>385739568
This.

Don´t fall for the memecombat of Tw3, it´s the best one in the series in all aspects.
>>
>>385739220
The world and characters are, I think, the best ever done in a video game.

Games like Skyrim and fallout have characters that are all clearly good, clearly evil, or a neuteral NPC put soley to forward the story with no motivations of their own...

Witcher3's characters are individually fleshed out to the point that you could take almost every 'side' character and make a whole game or movie about them.

It's like with every quest they sat down and said, Okay what does this NPC want as a person in this world Why? Ok. Why? Ok. Why? and they went down 5 levels or so and detailed a whole plot over just this one side character. Then only after a plot was established did they say "alright how can the player fit into this"..

Most games probably approach this backwards: Okay the player has to kill 5 boars.. so wel'l put in this NPC that needs the boars killed because.. well.. He's a butcher! and he's hungry! Yes thatl'l do. Moving on to the next quest.
>>
>>385739220
Why would you start with the last game of a trilogy??

And no, the console-sequels are not worth it.
>>
>start normally
>it is good and fun
>turn on enemy scaling
>Witcher 3 becomes GOAT

Nothing like the feeling that a pack of wolves of bandits can rip you apart regardless of the lvl you are. Try it op.
>>
>>385740687
Also at least Hard difficulty if you are gonna explore the world and side quests a lot.

I started normal and will try to change it to Hard if I can. Along with enemy scaling should be great.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.