[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Splatoon 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: H2x1_NSwitch_Splatoon2.jpg (996KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
H2x1_NSwitch_Splatoon2.jpg
996KB, 2000x1000px
Why does this game get so much flack for not being drastically different from it's prequel, but no one bat's an eye at other shooters doing the same and to a much greater extent? Is it the industry just holding Nintendo to a higher standard because they make the best video games?
>>
>>385737686
Yes they do hold Nintendo to a different standard, but they shouldnt lower the score because of it. Which is funny because Salmon Run is a mode that is so much more fleshed out than any other horde mode I've played that it could honestly turn into its own game if Nintendo wanted. The single player campaign also has a lot of innovation and care put into it so the only actual mode that is the same is the one that wasnt broken to begin with, the pvp multiplayer.
>>
Because, unlike what underage fags might say, people do expect Nintendo games to be different with each iteration.
>>
>>385737686
>but no one bat's an eye at other shooters doing the same and to a much greater extent?
You've never seen anyone say that all Call of Duty and Battlefield games are the same shit? Do you live under a fucking rock?
>>
>>385738358
They never got their review score lowered for it, though.
>>
Because ironically everyone expects Nintendo not to rehash things. That's why Mario on Wii U was called a rehash despite being nothing like galaxy while no one bats an idea at Call of Duty.
>>
>>385738695
And in all honesty trying to review a multiplayer game before servers go live is impossible
>>
File: ftzvp3.jpg (814KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ftzvp3.jpg
814KB, 1280x1440px
It's a legit sequel. Everything about it is better than the first.
>>
Didn't this game have new maps, new weapons, completely new specials, a new story mode, a brand new timesink mode/horde mode in Salmon Run?

Seems fairly different
>>
>>385738927
the plaza is actually the one thing I'd say is a downgrade
>>
>>385738358
He's referring to review sites. Yeah, I know, review sites are meaningless shills, but I think that's partially his point and further backs up that these sites show extreme biases.

Sure, /v/ will complain on a daily basis that CoD and Battlefield keep getting away with reskinning the same formula, offering a tweak or two, and shoving it out the door but you will never see sites like IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, Pollygon, etc taking issues with that. These same sites will dock Splatoon 2 for "not being different enough" when they have still put in just as much or more work to change the formula than other popular shooters.
>>
>>385738927
not the part where you can't change weapons without backing out.
not the part where you can only play from a couple maps at a time.
not the part where the single player is too short.
>>
File: 1447539730701.jpg (11KB, 204x281px) Image search: [Google]
1447539730701.jpg
11KB, 204x281px
Just beat single player lads. Holy shit, that was a good final boss. I almost ripped because I was basically trying to enjoy a concert instead.
>>
>>385740749
Story mode in Splatoon doesn't matter. The other two complaints can be solved with a simple update if Nintendo wanted. Still, much more was improved.
>>
>>385740848
I assume you never played the first one, because 2's final boss is a step down in every way from the first game
>>
>>385737686
If memory serves there were at least three threads the day the game dropped and people knew what the SP consisted of deriding the game for not changing enough of its content, along with Salmon Run being limited to every other day and removing the specials being among other complaints.
>>
>>385741041
Yeah, I never played 1 so this game is pretty fresh to me.
>>
>>385741041
Im on World 4 right now. Splatoon 1 final boss was fucking excellent. I was hoping 2s would be great as well. Whats not so good about it?
>>
>>385743728
It's not a combination between a normal level and a boss, you fight against it in a normal round stage instead of moving on a level with all the previous single player gimmicks.

That's the only thing I think it was a downgrade, the rest has the same quality
>>
>>385743728
>>385744204
Is also extremely easy, almost completely copied and pasted from the first, and the music is not even close to as good as the first game's final boss music
>>
>Match based game
>No offline bots
>People eat it up anyways

This is why we haven't gotten any good bots since UT2004
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.