[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Evil Within

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Theevilwithin_cover.png (743KB, 764x828px) Image search: [Google]
Theevilwithin_cover.png
743KB, 764x828px
I've been playing RE4 on the ps4 lately and I've been having a blast replaying it.
If I enjoyed RE4 would I enjoy The Evil Within?
>>
Maybe
They're pretty different other than shooting mechanics
>>
>>385737763
Basically just looking for a fun horror game that isn't like Outlast or Amnesia.
My fiance has been having fun watching RE4 so I wanted to get something similar
>>
>>385738075
>>385737483
there are parts too actiony and some bosses can be frustrating,
luckily it has the hidden easy mode resident evil 4 has.
so it's never frustrating
>>
>>385738369
*it's never frustrating enough to make you quit.
>>
>>385738369
>hidden easy mode
You mean the tommy gun?
>>
Try Dead Space 1 & 2. It's more RE4 than TEW.
>>
>>385738536
Too bad all I got is a PS4 right now otherwise I'd pick those up in a heartbeat
>>
File: 145.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
145.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
You'll enjoy parts of it. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>385738489
I mean that the game lowers enemy health and how agressive they are if you die several times at the same place

heck I died so many times against a Laura that they delayed her spawn 5 minutes
>>
File: maho.png (1MB, 706x950px) Image search: [Google]
maho.png
1MB, 706x950px
I'm playing it right now, chapter 6. It's okay, nowhere near as good as RE4 of course but it's fine for ten bucks.
Only the first two chapters are real survival horror though, once you get to that small village the game turns into an action game and gives you enough ammo/upgrade points to kill everything. Mikami completely failed to make the TRUE SURVIVAL HORROR game he said this would be.
>>
>>385738880
Any particular way you got it for ten bucks? Wondering if it's on sale
>>
>>385739061
It is on sale right now for the PS4, check the store.
>>
>>385738639
You could get EA access for $5 then cancel it. DS1 is on there.
>>
>>385739117
Hm. Are you outside the US?
US store says $20
>>
>>385739496
Oh, I guess it's a Europe only sale.
>>
>>385739556
Of course.
Oh well
>>
>>385737483
I personally thought that Evil Within was pretty terrible.
It's like RE4 but every mechanic is inferior in some way and doesn't have anything particularly interesting going on to make up for it.

I second Dead Space 1 and 2 if possible.

Your opinions on first person? Because Outlast, Alien: Isolation and RE7 are all good bets.

RE5 is decent too.
>>
>>385737483
Just beat it yesterday, it's pretty decent. Like >>385738880 said, the game transitions from a stealth-based survival horror to an action game. The middle chapters kind of suck, with the first few and last few being the best (but for different reasons).

>>385738369
>some bosses can be frustrating
You think so? The only one that gave me trouble was the second Laura chase sequence.
>>
>>385739963
Not trying to be a dick but if anything I'd suggest avoiding RE5 & 6 altogether. Maybe if you have a bro to co-op them with and set your expectations really low.
>>
File: Kidman.jpg (34KB, 676x399px) Image search: [Google]
Kidman.jpg
34KB, 676x399px
I liked The Evil Within more than RE4.
I played both of them for the first time last year.
But if you like more silly stuff like RE4, you will be kinda disappointed since TEW is serious at all time.
>>
>>385738880
>Mikami completely failed to make the TRUE SURVIVAL HORROR game he said this would be.
Confirmed for not playing Akumu.
>>
>>385738369
>there are parts too actiony and some bosses can be frustrating,
The only boss i died to more than twice was the invisible tentacle monster because of no ammo. Then i found out i just could spawn kill all the leeches he releases for infinite ammo.
>>
Fair warning : TW runs like absolute garbage on even current gen consoles, play the PC version if possible
>>
>>385738369
only frustrating boss was that giant fucker in the parking garage, took me forever to figure out how to kill it
>>
>>385738880
Let me guess, you are playing on easy?
The village is the only place that gives you a lot of ammo since it's there you get 3/4 of the weapons.
>>
>>385737483
The flow of the game is kind of jank as fuck, but there are some definite amazing sections. You just have to wade through some of the clunkier aspects. The game actually expects you to aim and not be a shitter though. There's an actual emphasis on the survival part. You can run completely out of ammo and be fucked in some instances.
>>
>>385738880
I feel like that's when the game really picks up. An amazing boss fight is coming up in the next chapter. Plus, chapter 10 is just a fucking gauntlet of tension and some of the best parts of the game. After that, then the games takes a pretty big nose dive though.
>>
Ruvik in the fucking mansion was the hardest part for me.
>>
File: the-evil-within-2-.png (342KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
the-evil-within-2-.png
342KB, 616x347px
Are you excited?
>>
File: Ram.gif (2MB, 345x333px) Image search: [Google]
Ram.gif
2MB, 345x333px
>>385737483
There is something i don't understand about the DLC
What was that stuff Mobius put in Kidman in the beginning? Was the her boss in STEM actually her boss, or was it just Ruvik fucking with her? And as the Executioner, do you really kill the real Joseph?
>>
>>385741858
Yeah definitely. Hoping the learn from the mistakes of the first and make a great game. Plus, it releasing on Friday the 13th is just god like.
>>
>>385741445
No, I'm playing on Normal, the highest available difficulty.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.