[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start with Residen Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 12

File: resident-evil-wallpaper-3.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-wallpaper-3.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
Never touched a resident evil in my life. I want to start now. What is a good start? What game I should skip?
>>
My first one was 4 and I knew full well I was missing parts of the story but it was plenty of fun.
>>
>>385729478
4 is the only one worth playing
>>
REmake
Code Veronica
5 if you actually have a friend
>>
>>385729761
Should I skip 0 too?
>>
>>385729478
>Residen Evil
Start with Resident Evil 5, or if you are patient 4.
Don't listen to masochists who say that 4 is the best. It is slow and clunky but playable.
Revelations is the best.
Revelations 2 and Resident Evil 6 is also good.
Stay away from Operation Racoon City.
>>
>>385729478
This is going to be confusing so stay with me.

Start with Resident Evil 2 and play through it as Claire since she's the primary character.

After 2 play Resident Evil Code Veronica X so you can finish getting the backstory on Alexia.

Next play Resident Evil Survivor. People will tell you not to but the games' 1 and a half hour if you suck and it better than any other game displays the depths of depravity of Umbrella.

After this you're primed to play the rest of the games in chronological order:
-Resident Evil 0
-The Remake of RE1
-Umbrella Chronicles
-Darkside Chronicles
-Outbreak 2
-Outbreak 1
-Dead Aim
-Revelations
-Revelations 2

Personally I only recommend Remake, 3, 4, and Revelations.
>>
>>385729821
You don't really need to play it
>>
Don't start
>>
>>385730029
Fugg. I don't have a playstation 4 only a toaster and ps3. My toaster can run the last hitman without a problem. will 6 and 7 give me problems?
>>
>>385729478
Start with REmake; REmaster on the PC will do nicely.

You've also got to play Resident Evil 4 at some point. The graphics haven't aged well, even in the HD version, but it's worth playing.

Also look at 2, 3 and Code: Veronica X. Maybe hold out on 2 until the remake, though.
>>
>>385729662
faggot detected
>>
>>385730360
Having no further information to go on; yes.
>>
>>385729821
isn't necessary but i think it's an ok game.
>>
>>385729662
>>385729575
^
>>
>>385730029
>>385730360

Ignore this man OP, this method is a fucking shambles.

You're best off playing REmake, 2, 3. After that you best just go in release order, for the mainline(this includes CV and 0) as well as the revelations games.

Once you've got through all of those, which should take a while taking into consideration breaks from the series you can have a look at the spin offs, but I personally wouldn't recommend any of them as essential unless you're desperate for more content in years to come once you've experienced the mainline.
>>
>>385729662

What a niggerdly opinion.
>>
>>385730675
Does the quality of the series fall at some point? I'd like to know before I experience a Silent Hill origins again
>>
>>385731032
You won't get a straight answer.
Some RE people say it died at 4. Others say the later ones are the only good ones.
>>
>>385729821
0 is way better than 5, and than 4 but you dont say that in nu-/v/ amirite?
>>
>>385729963
>Revelations 2 and Resident Evil 6 is also good
>6
I love Revelations m8 but dont even compare them 6 is a fucking mess, is a fucking corridor simulator.
>>
>>385731032

Depends on who you ask. For me, the first 3 are fantastic and when I think RE, I think of the original trilogy. I hate 6, some people love it. I love the newest one, some people hate it. I think Revelations 1 is great and Rev 2 is a load of rubbish, some think the exact opposite.

REmake,2 and 4 are probably the only ones that are universally agreed to be GOAT, but even 4 is controversial there because it turns to action rather than survival horror. It's a series that has changed a lot over time there's a lot of variety in the different entries even if the general themes are often quite similar. Your best bet is to just play them and make your own opinion, though in my opinion it never gets to the levels of the stuff I hear about in the newer Silent Hills.

Most importantly, do not listen to that fuckwit up above suggesting to start with 2.
>>
>>385730675
>REcomending RE5,6 shit fests and not REvelations

Dont lisent to this fag Both revelations are way better than the fucking (((main series)))
>>
Just play the games you fucking mongoloid. If you like older survival horror with tank controls then dip right into the beginning. If you can't stand that shit then just don't play RE, the later games are lackluster 3ps with equally shit controls
>>
>>385731208
Oh fuck off. 0 is easily the worst classic RE game. The inventory system and the enemy designs are inexcusable.
>>
>>385731512

Did you even read the post? I said to include both Revelations. I'm not a fan of 6 nor would I play 5 solo, but if you're playing the whole series you can hardly leave them out.
>>
>>385729821
it the shitteist RE game, yes skip 0
>>
>>385731506
>4 are probably the only ones that are universally agreed to be GOAT
a bad 3person shoter and and awful survival horror? GOAT? nah also is the game taht turned the series in the shitfest that is now. I anything the complit original trilogy and the REmake are best games of the saga, most people praising RE4 as the best are almost every time people that never played RE before that game.
>>
File: 1372553692331.gif (347KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1372553692331.gif
347KB, 294x233px
RE1.

If you start with REmake, you'll never be able to appreciate most of the things that it does in comparison to 1, nor will you ever be able to return to that game.

After that, RE2, RE3, RE4, then from that point on you either go for REmake straight away or continue to RE5 if you want that sort of game, although keep in mind that it's better in co-op.

Then you finish anything else at your leisure, including 0 or Code Veronica or any of the Revelation games. RE7 is distinct enough to where you can play it at any time, but I'd at least wait until you're finished with RE4 to get it.
>>
>>385731893

Type properly, you fucking barbarian.
>>
>>385732000
while i agree, REmake is a fucking masterpiece and i don't honestly think you NEED to play the original since it's a pretty faithful remake
>>
>>385731893
>most people praising RE4 as the best are almost every time people that never played RE before that game.
Way to just pull something completely out of your ass
>>
Oh look, people are shitting on RE5 again.
Fucking plebs.
>>
>>385732165
no you
>>
>>385732256
RE5 is a 10/10 coop game.
If you're not using Heavy Metal Chris and Fairy Tale Sheva play the you;re playing the game wrong.
>>
>>385732218
Not that guy, butREmake had it's impact on me because I had played the original RE1 a lot. You will never actually appreciate how much REmake improves the game if you do not play it. That and the way the mansion changed was a bit neat as well since I was very familiar with the vanilla layout.

If someone legitimately wants to get into Resident Evil they need to play RE1. If only to experience the legendary voice acting.
>>
>>385732218
Original has a hilariously bad voice acting that actually becomes great because of it, and it's a good game in and out of itself so I'd recommend at least checking it out.

Plus it's better to start with RE1 because then you don't go from an amazingly looking and crafted game to RE2, which has been made with the design philosophies (and artstyle ones) of RE1.
>>
>>385732238
Well it is certainly anecdotal evidence, is the same fuck you faggots saying that RE4 is universally acclaimed as the best, and dont get me wrong i like the game, but if i whant a shootthemup/beatthemup i just play DMC.
>>
>>385732634
>DMC and RE4 are the same game
Now you're just babbling incoherent nonsense
>>
>>385729478
RE Remake (the one on steam) i would NOT suggest Resident Evil 0, its pretty weird and unforgiving with item management (2 inventories but no storage im pretty sure). then go to the classics RE2 and RE3 if you dig the classic style, or jsut move onto RE4 then maybe RE5, skip 6 unless you have a friend to play with. Play 7 for sure
>>
>>385732807
But i never said that anon-kun, RE4 is the turn of the series into an Action based game instead of survival horror, also you are probably very young to know it but DMC WAS actually RE4 at some point untill they made it into its own series.
>>
>>385733164
>DMC WAS actually RE4 at some point untill they made it into its own series.
Literally everyone that knows video games knows that. They are still very different styles of games.
And it is more or less what you implied.
>>
>>385733164

You're acting like the things you're spouting about RE4 is new info that everyone here doesn't know. It's pretty common knowledge lad. And I personally think it's unfair to put RE4 down because of what it led to. If you genuinely think the game is shit than you do you, but 5 and 6 existing does not make 4 shit.
>>
>>385732459
>>385732543
As i said i agree with that but REmake holds on his own and since its faithful to the original lore wise you dont really need to play them both

>>385731760
Nigga you literally said in your post that you would not recomend them
>but I personally wouldn't recommend any of them as essential unless you're desperate for more content
>>
>>385729478
REmake
RE 2
RE 3
RE Code Veronica if youre curious about PS2 RE
skip the Outbreak games they dont matter no matter what /v/ says
RE 4
RE 5 even though its trash about half way through
RE 6 just to solidify the fact that it is shit and people on /v/ who like it are baiting
Both Revelations games are enjoyable
and RE 7 is good too.

Pretty much skip the PS2 RE's other than CV and if you find Outbreak throw it in trash
>>
>>385731660
Yea because the item management and enemy designs of 5 are epic and unforgettable, i mean that epic wesker battle DUDE!!!! THOSE QUICK TIME EVENTS!!!
RE5fags Kek
>>
>>385733468
>You're best off playing REmake, 2, 3. After that you best just go in release order, for the mainline(this includes CV and 0) as well as the revelations games.

>as well as the revelations games.

Threw them in with the mainline stuff, I think they're that important.
>>
>>385733593
What's wrong with outbreak it almost sounds like the game hurt you or something. You can still play online now thanks to community servers still up.
>>
REmake (as a last hurrah to the classic re games)
>>
>>385733726
>I think they're that important
I have $2000 that says Alex will never be mentioned again.
>>
>>385733405
>>385733346
I dotnt put it down because of "what it led to" i put it down because it wast a fuckign suvival horror game at all, The shit "smart" dificulty settings, the all new edgy character designs, etc etc. And again i dont think is a bad game, but as a REsident evil is pretty lackluster.

Also stop showing you newfag is fucking sad, im not "acting like the things you're spouting about RE4 is new info that everyone here doesn't know" im explaining my point, you should try that once in awile instead of shitposting.
>>
ignore 0 dont ignore 6
>>
First you need to decide whether you're willing to play the old ones, pretty much every one before 4.

RE 1/2/3 - Tank controls, fixed camera, finicky item management. (it does get better) If you can get past them and find yourself enjoying it you're in for a treat. The scarcity of items, the awkward controls, the fixed camera all help to build a good atmosphere appropriate to being stuck in a spooky mansion/city gone to hell/abandoned laboratories.

If you really liked it Outbreak is a spin off I recommend if you want more of the same. Not sure if theres a player base at all for it anymore however.

Then there is RE 4. It generally made the tank controls more fluid, made shooting more satisfying and demanded more mechanically from the player in combat. I had the most fun 'fighting' in RE 4. The story isn't a bad ride either, Leon Mastercuck Kennedy makes for a charming protagonist, just don't expect war and peace.

RE 5 is more 4 with good co-op, even smoother movement and combat and more over the top shit all round. Unfortunately it really indulges in its shift in tone and it feels alot more hollywood than before. Take that as you will. A plus, you get to punch boulders, play possibly the series best iteration of mercenaries and just admire the wonder that is jill's skin tight suit.

RE 6 is completely ditches any attachment to controls linked to producing atmosphere and instead opts for more freedom of player movement. It doesn't however play at all like RE. Its not terrible but its not something that I'd play unless coop was an option.
>>
>>385734182

Maybe important was the wrong word. Important in the sense that they can sit alongside the mainline games and not look too out of place, unlike titles like Outbreak, or Dead Aim. It also wouldn't surprise me to never see Conan, woman from Rev 1 or Alex ever again, but I'd like to. Maybe in Rev 3.

>>385734214

> And again i dont think is a bad game, but as a REsident evil is pretty lackluster.

But that's what I meant when I originally said it was controversial because of the action element. I think most would acknowledge RE4 is great but whether it's a great RE is where the issue lies. Probably my fault for using the term "universally" in /v/, but whatever. But I'm going to bow out now, because it's not worth arguing with someone who calls people out as newfags when he's repeating the same fucking points we've discussed a million times since the dawn of /v/.
>>
>>385733946
they dont play enough like the originals and playing them alone is impossible. Let alone going through the hassle to play a mediocre RE game with other people
>>
>>385729478
Do you want a puzzle survival horror game that is challenging and embodies everything good about the series? Resident Evil Remake

Do you want a fun action game thats old but a gem? Resident Evil 4

Do you want hand holding QTE bit of gameplay between the cutscenes that appeals to the lowest common denominator with inoffensive but uninteresting gameplay? Resident Evil 6

Do you have VR? Resident Evil 7

REmake, 2, 3, CV are all great games. 4 is fun and campy, 5 is a sad attempt at repeating the success of 4 but its an OK game. 6 is a game from a different series with Resident Evil injected into it. 7 is going in a new direction with familiar tropes. There are many more RE games that I won't list because they're niche and collector appeal rather than great on their own merit.
>>
Why nobody mentions revelations? was it really THAT shit?
>>
>>385729478
Just play the main numbered titles and you'll be good. In order if you can and use an emulator for 2 and 3. Also, dont skip Code Veronica and RE0, those are still considered main titles, CV even more so.
After if you want to do spinoffs like those lightgun games in the wii or Revelations 1 and 2 well, its up to you. Dont try Operation Racoon City though, that game is pure trash.
>>
Easy enough really
start with
>REmake
do both stories and maybe try and speedrun it. Don't rush this game
then
>RE 2
personally i recommend doing everything here
there are 4 stories plus bonus content with Hunk that's canon
LeonA and ClarieB are not canon but worth playing
>RE3
>RECV
>RE4
>RE4 Separate Ways
>RE5
make sure to have a buddy play with you. The game is 100x better with one. The DLC is worth playing through once. Lost in Nightmares is fun with a friend and the Desperate Escape is meh
>RE6
Don't let people tell you shit about this game. It's fun as fuck. It's not survival horror at all anymore but it's still a fun play through. The AI is a lot better so playing alone is alright but it's again better with a friend. it's worth sticking around for Mercenaries and Agent Hunt. On Steam it gets close to 1000 players per days still but most gamemodes are still dead
There's also Left 4 Dead cross over content if you are getting it on PC
>RE7
this one is single player again and back to horror

this one is worst and skippable
RE0
it's a prequel but also a bit stupid as well. Gameplay is you controlling two characters in the REmake engine. plot wise you aren't missing anything but it's there if you want it. it's the worst numbered game by far imo because it lacks the replayability that other RE games tend to give you
>>
>>385733660
Nice projection, but RE5 is also one of my least favourites (although still higher than 0). Nice try though.
>>
>>385735475
I forgot the Rev games
REV takes place between 4 and 5
REV2 takes place between 5 and 6
these are skippable but fun games and actually the only games confirmed totally canon outside the numbered games
>>
>>385735224
Yes
>>
File: IMG_2330.jpg (43KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2330.jpg
43KB, 500x342px
Is RE Deadly Silence any good?
>>
Everybody has thier own tastes man just go with what you think appeals to you, watch YouTube videos etc.

I'll say to avoid Survivor, Operation Raccoon City, Umbrella Corps, and Gaiden (the GBC game) but all the rest have their merits in various ways regardless of what the socially acceptable "real gamerâ„¢" crowd would have you believe. 6 is amazing even.
>>
>>385735475
>>likes 5 and 6
>0 is the worst
reddit is that way
>>
>>385736184
Hey thanks for the edgy picture faggot
>>
>>385736391
Nah man 0 is garbage. Just because it shares the same genre as the earlier game's doesn't make it not shit.
>>
>>385736184
Its a port of the PS1 game. There is an optional mode where you have to fight zombies in first person, its kind of gimmicky and stupid but blowing on the screen to send zombies puke back at them was something I hadn't seen before.

One way it's better than the original game is you can skip all the door loading screens, but you also have to deal with not having an analog stick. Which are certainly doable in these games but I like my stick.
>>
File: RE Essentials.png (2MB, 4048x1732px) Image search: [Google]
RE Essentials.png
2MB, 4048x1732px
>>385736391
0 is easily the worse game in the entire series hands down. It is absolutely trash from start to finish with barely any redeeming qualities.
>inb4 muh Becca
She's been a shit character since RE1
>>
FUCKING PLAY THEM IN ORDER OF RELEASE YOU FUCKING CUNT

ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A FAGGOT WHO STARTED THE SERIES WELL INTO THE NEW MILLENIUM.
>>
Resident Evil 1-3 + Code Veronica are essential

Resident Evil 0 is optional but recommended
4-7 are optional but is a big departure from the older games

Revelations 1 and 2 are okay but doesn't seem to have much impact on the series overall

Operation Raccon City and Umbrella Corps are there but pretty meh all around.
>>
File: Outbreak Fan Server.png (350KB, 881x970px) Image search: [Google]
Outbreak Fan Server.png
350KB, 881x970px
>>385736885
>if you have a friend
>not the Outbreak fan server
>>
>>385729761
Keep in mine Resident Evil 2 is getting a remake that will be coming out soon(tm)
>>
>>385737146
>play Resident Evil Outbreak for first time
>everyone in lobby knows the level inside out
>load up game
>everyone runs off and grabs all the loot
>i just run around doing jack shit and follow people around to the end of the level
>>
File: Gunkata.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gunkata.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>385729478
Just remember the golden rule. NEVER take Resident Evil seriously. Just strap in and enjoy teh ride.
>>
Which one is better to start with: REmake or the HD remaster?
>>
>>385737685
the hd remaster is REmake but hd
>>
>>385737685
If you are looking at remakes only, there's no reason not to go for the HD Remaster.
>>
>>385737685
I want you to seriously think about this question.
>>
>>385737685
REDC
>>
File: 20170722003521_1.jpg (334KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170722003521_1.jpg
334KB, 1920x1080px
>>385737492
Vendetta was such a mindless, fun movie. It makes Anderson looks like a complete retard for fucking up the live action ones.
>>
>>385737492
>sword slash motion
>with a gun

Why though?
>>
>>385737991
Why not?
>>
>>385737813
I thought that there might have been some significant differences in the two versions, that's all.
>>
>>385738074
Start with RE1.
>>
Play 1, 2, 3, and Code Veronica.

Everything else is trash.
>>
>>385729478
>What is a good start?
Resident evil 7
>>
File: RE1 Chris.jpg (20KB, 236x493px) Image search: [Google]
RE1 Chris.jpg
20KB, 236x493px
>>385737492
The fuck?

That is not where Chris keeps his knife.
>>
>>385738074
Yeah sorry about that re-reading it makes me sound like an asshole. The only difference between the two is that one is HD and the other isn't. You even have the option to play the HD version in SD if you want. Just don't play the PS1 version.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 189x267px
START WITH RESIDENT EVIL 4, JUST DONT GET IT ON STEAM IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS 10
>>
>>385738193
>Just don't play the PS1 version.
Yeah, that way you'll end up appreciating REmake more and having double the fun with two games instead of one.

Holy fucking shit what a mistake.
>>
>>385738190
Had to change things up a bit. New organization policy and all that.
>>
>>385737263
I just got into it too. I've been wondering if anyone else new to it would like to team up in a discord.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
Did /v/ ever watch Resident Evil Challenger? Was two dudes who used to beat the entire series in 24 hours, but had little challenges on top, like knife only, or handgun only, or no first aid sprays, that kind of thing.

Was max comfy. They used to stream them live long before the days of Twitch, or even justin.tv and ustream.

They are all up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MENauQyxU4
>>
>>385738232
Why? Was gonna buy Re4 on Steam. What happens if it's on steam?
>>
>>385730029
Fucking patrician
>>
>>385738421
It's his fucking organization.
>>
>>385732459
This, it's like playing MGS2 before MGS1
>>
>>385737492
Resident Evil was actually intended to be taken seriously.

RE1 was hamfisted because the voice actors were terrible. Partly because Shinji didn't know what makes a GOOD American voice actor — he got lucky with Scott McCulloh though, who was the only VA there who seemed to know what Capcom were trying to achieve, thus his delivery was pretty on point. Shinji Mikami was desperate for authenticity but Capcom didn't want to invest in an American director of the voice work so the voice acting seemingly had no direction whatsoever. Nor did they work much with an American localizer. This is why shit like "master of unlocking" got into the release. If you read the Japanese subtitles Barry calls it a "sort of master key" that Jill should take with her.

Resident Evil 2 and 3 had good voice acting and script because with Resident Evil doing so damn well in Europe and the States they realized they had to invest more in the acting.

It's only since Resident Evil 4 that hammy lines were deliberately included as part of the script because, once again, gaming companies completely misinterpret exactly what makes their shit popular.
>>
>>385738193
>>385738303
Yeah, I wasn't going to touch the ps1 version anyway. I'll start with the HD version then, thank you anons.
>>
>>385738445
I beat RE3 on the playstation using only the knife except for one fight at the very end with the transformed Nemesis. No one believed me.
>>
>>385738473
The fuck does that word even mean?
>>
>>385738572
Well then he can do whatever the fuck he wants. If he wants to put his knife on his dick then he can damn well do it.
>>
>>385737889

Game?
>>
>>385738618
Anon, >>385738303 was being sarcastic. Not playing the original PS1 version is cancer. You are cancer. Fuck off.
>>
>>385729478
REmake
3: Nemesis
skip the rest they are trash.
>>
>>385738445
>no first aid sprays is a challenge
Pleb tier right here
>>
>>385730029
>>385738473
Samefag
>>
>>385738592
When I say take it seriously I meant not to ask too many questions because the games have so many plot holes if you really start to question the lore and some scenarios you have to play through it makes no fucking sense and can take away form the game.
>>
File: Claire.jpg (237KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Claire.jpg
237KB, 900x1600px
>>385738675
He clearly though the tittyknife was a superior holster position. That's why he taught Claire to wear one that way.
>>
>>385738860
>don't take it seriously
>posts an accompanying webm of something extremely silly happening in RE
Come on, anon. That isn't what you first meant.
>>
>>385738745
Why though? I saw some gameplay videos of it and it looks awful.
>muh original experience
I don't care about that shit.
>>
>>385729478
Resident Evil revelations 2
>>
>>385738941
I wanna impregnate miss Claire Redfield.
>>
>>385738743
It's a SFM rape themed movie.
>>
>>385738975
>>muh original experience
>I don't care about that shit.
Why not? Also that is the reason why you are cancer.
>>
>>385738971
Son, do you have reading comprehension problems? It's okay I won't judge you. Take your time and read over the posts.
>>
>>385738975
It's literally RE2 except with hilarious voice acting and it takes place in a mansion instead of Raccoon City proper.

I bet you were planning on playing REmake with alternative controls, too?

Do what you want, I'm just saying it's kind of sad/funny that you literally can't enjoy a fun video game (and apreciate REmake more, because it deliberately changes some puzzles and part of the layout to fuck with you) that even children beat back in the day and still do.
>>
>>385729478

REmake
Code Veronica

5 and 6 are pretty shit. I don't recommend them.
>>
>>385739254

Oh shit. Also I forgot to throw in RE:0. That'd go after 4 IMO.
>>
>>385739179
Do explain where reading comprehension comes into this, because it seems to me like you're the one who needs it.

Especially since your post to the OP has no connection to any other itt. It's literally posted to the OP only and that's it.
>>
>>385739254
>>385739314
>Not only do you not include RE1, you say to play 4 before CV
>While also saying 5 and 6 is shit, but saying to play 0
That's some fucking awful taste
>>
>>385739053
Movie?
>>
>>385739148
What I asked you is why should I play the PSX version when a superior version exists, but you didn't care to give me a proper answer, instead you kept spouting le cancer meme.

>>385739216
I never said that I can't enjoy the cheesiness, it's just that I don't see why I should play the one with worse controls and graphics.
I might give the PSX version a try since it's pretty short, so you and the other anon will be happy.
>>
>>385739734
Rebecca does Raccoon.
>>
>>385738803
Well no, there was normally multiple challenges stacked on top of each other.

Like sometimes it was knife only with no first aid sprays, or handgun only with no red herbs, and shit like that. One RE3 one they did was handgun only but they had to kill every Nemesis they ran into.

Also it was all in 24 hours straight with no sleep, and they did the entire series too.
>>
>>385739768
Because it's a good game, because you'll end up appreciating REmake (and RE2) more, because you won't be able to really get back to it if you start with the REmake, and because it's the first game in the fucking series so maybe it's worth seeing it from that perspective.

I mean, I assume you're willing to play RE2 as well once you're finished with 1 in either version, I see no reason not to try out 1 too if it's good.
>>
>>385739734
Well movie might be too elaborate of a word but basically the plot is Rebecca gets abducted and raped by different types of resident evil monsters. Ends with her having a huge pregnant belly and popping out eggs from her ruined lady parts..
>>
>>385736391
>says correct opinion
>summerfag outs himself
>>
>>385739734
It's 18+ anon, I feel obligated to defend your mind from any questionable content.
>>
>>385729478
Most people will tell you to play REmake first but i suggest re1 on ps1 so you can experience the differences.
>>
>>385740051
Alright then, I'll give the PSX version a chance, hoping that the tank controls won't make me want to kill myself.
>>
>>385739768
>What I asked you is why should I play the PSX version when a superior version exists
If you want to play 2 and 3, you should play the original first. The reason being is that REmake makes some changes that create some disconnect with the next 2 despite it being chronogically the first. The exact same thing goes for Resident Evil 0. If you play 0 before REmake, you will think "What the fuck? Why is Rebecca suddenly a helpless retard?" despite her fighting worse than the shit Chris does.

Plus, if you play REmake before the 2 and 3, you will appreciate them less. There will be mechanics that annoy you and detract from the fun of those games. Play original and you learn to appreciate how much looser it feels to play RE2, since the controls aren't as "heavy". This is further enhanced in RE3, where Jill feels quite nimble and you can dance around zombies. There's natural progression. Play REmake then 2 and you feel like you've gone backwards.

You're talking to actual fans of this game and you actively try to disagree with them and argue, despite you admitting you are a complete newfag and want help and advice. This is the sort of shit I expect from a child. Anyone who recommends REmake first, or to not even play the original at all, did not start playing RE until way into the series, thus they lack the wider appreciation for the series that an oldfag will have.
>>
>>385738232
>start with RE 4
>having windows 10
holy shit reddit is down the fucking hall and on the left
>>
>>385735475
>>385735615
These
>>
File: 1486244866965.jpg (62KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486244866965.jpg
62KB, 544x400px
>>385740479
Tank controls are pretty good if you take like half an hour to get accustomed to them, it should be fine.

I can even give you some tips - always have a finger on the run button, play a version with the quickturn (run button plus down on the d-pad to instantly turn around), don't shoot zombies up close unless you're using a shotgun.

When in combat, get into the habit of getting into the menu and combining bullets with the weapon manually since it saves up on time. Also, think about whether or not it's worth picking up ammo/herbs at any given time because they'll clutter up your inventory and you need it for key items.

Shit is mad fun once you actually get into it, and all of the above carry over to RE2, RE3, and REmake itself if you're not a casual and play with the original controls that the game was actually designed for.
>>
START WITH RE1 SO YOU CAN APPRECIATE HOW GREAT REMAKE IS, YOU FUCKS
>>
>>385735475
>it's worth sticking around for Mercenaries and Agent Hunt. On Steam it gets close to 1000 players per days still but most gamemodes are still dead
There were always people playing a ton of singleplayer, but I could never find people for other game modes. It's really sad, since the modes are really fun.
>>
>>385738620
dont believe u was playing RE3 earlier on hard and first nemesis fight took me over an hour to beat even with handgun, fucking dodge rng
>>
>>385741121
>dodge rng
Nemesis is rng but Jill's dodge is not. You fucking exploit the shit out of this, exploit the enemy grapple/strike range, and abuse the quick-turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VlsOC_I5w
>>
How spoopy is Revelations?
I played REmake, 4,5,6. REmake was kinda scary, 4 was stressful and the others were just dumb
>>
>>385741395
not really at all
it's like 4 with slimer monsters
>>
>>385741395
Nigger Resident Evil Gun Survivor is scarier than Revelations.
>>
>>385729478
Unbrella chronicles 1 and 2. 5 if you have a bro to play with. Fuck the rest
>>
>Played 1 a long, long time ago
>Recently played Remake in the bundle
I don't remember any of this... could you always skip the huge-ass snake too?
I also don't remember collecting masks.
>>
>>385740510
>you actively try to disagree with them and argue, despite you admitting you are a complete newfag and want help and advice
Look, I am also a fan of other series, and I also get worked up whenever people try to disagree with my opinion on those games, but not everyone wants to dwell deep into a series and some just want to play a fun game while not feeling completely lost. My original question was simply about which is better between REmake or HD remaster.

>Anyone who recommends REmake first, or to not even play the original at all, did not start playing RE until way into the series
And how was I supposed to know that, considering that I'm a complete newfag of this series?
I appreciate your answer this time, but honestly speaking, you're the one who threw a childish tantrum because I didn't want to start with the game you wanted me to play.

>>385740910
Cheers anon, thank you for the tips.
>>
>>385741361
ok maybe should be more clear, i press dodge and animation happens but sometimes jill still gets hit. Even if i'm not near a wall it can still catch me, so stupid desu
>>
>>385739453

0 is still a classic-style RE horror game. 5 and 6 are action schlock.
>>
>>385736184
Is the original RE1 with improved controls (Quick turn, manual reload and knife button like in RE4) plus some touch controls gimmicks but you can ignore them and just play it like the original, I would say is the best version of the game if it wasn't on DS.
>>
Anon playing CV here. I'm about halfway through the island with Claire, checked a FAQ to see how far I am and already feeling burned out. Convince me to keep going.

Is Chris' part any good? It better be because everywhere I look everyone makes a big fucking deal of not using ANYTHING, so I can save it for Chris or otherwise I'm gonna have a bad time. Claire's campaign hasn't been very fun with just a handgun and a knife, don't even have a trusty sidearm with decent amount of ammo like the shotgun, I thought the Bow gun was supposed to be that but everyone keeps saying I should save it for Chris and the bosses so I haven't even touched it.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.