[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Argue.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: wallpaper-0497c.jpg (63KB, 640x312px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-0497c.jpg
63KB, 640x312px
Argue.
>>
File: 14e.jpg (110KB, 487x487px) Image search: [Google]
14e.jpg
110KB, 487x487px
Dark Souls 2 is canon.
Dark Souls 2 is graphically superior to Dark Souls.
Dark Souls 2 has better PvP than Dark Souls.
Dark Souls 2 on average has more difficult boss fights than Dark Souls.

You may not like Dark Souls 2 but these are facts.
>>
>>385719816
Dark Souls 2 bosses are pretty easy aside from Sentinels that one DLC Nashandra type boss and the guy that guards King Vendrick
>>
>>385719816
More like dork souls 2
>>
souls games suck
>>
demon's souls is an unpolished gem
dark souls is literally demon souls for multiplat
dark souls 2 tried so hard and got so far but it doesnt matter
dark souls 3 tries to be bloodborne
bloodborne is kino. its an RPG that wants to be hack and slash but it does so gloriously
>>
Dark souls 1 was my favourite simply because it was my first time playing a souls game and that experience of figuring things out and struggling through can't be measured for the others

2 was probably a bit better than 1 in every graphics/movesets way but the level designs and overall world felt like it was made to not be in a souls game but made individually and then just kind of stuck together.

3 Was pretty boring, I enjoyed playing through it but it was so fast and the DLCs were completely abysmal, I pretty much oneshot a huge majority of everything I came across and I've played through it like 2~3 times in just 50 hours, my first ever dark souls 1 playthrough was like 75-80.

Bloodborne is way too fucking easy and everything in the game just comes down to slamming r1 with an axe because every other weapon is shit, I enjoyed it a decent amount but ps4 performance is just fucking garbage and made my eyes hurt playing it at like 23 fps or whatever the fuck, bossfights just became a mess and I oneshot so many bosses without even needing to try because lol r1 r1 r1 r1 heal r1 r1 r1 r1
>>
>>385720048
If we talk about expierenced players Dark Souls has far less difficult fights than Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>385720745
LMFAO REKT
>>
File: the moon.jpg (13KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
the moon.jpg
13KB, 194x259px
>>385719816
>Dark Souls 2 is canon.
>literally no evidence 2 happened in 1-3 timeline

makes you think
>>
Bloodborne is humanity's greatest achievement.
Dark Souls 2 is humanity's greatest sin.

If you disagree you are wrong.
>>
>>385721591
You have small references to Dark Souls 2 so it kinda happened? But maybe Miyazaki was just a little shitter and put things he liked in 3 and said "no, dark souls 2 is bad and not canon I just really like this armor set haha"
>>
>>385721591
>I'm either a blind faggot or being purposely dumb

Dark Souls 2 was heavily referenced in Dark Souls 3. Go read some of the item descriptions and shit like that.

Drangleic was referenced in DS3, and DS2 took place in Drangleic.
>>
>>385719618
Nioh's got the best combat, which makes it the better game by default.
>>
Demons souls is awesome
Dark souls is pretty cool
Dark souls 2 is pretty fun overall
Dark souls 3 was fun but so high fantasy that nothing really stands out if that makes sense
Bloodborne is dope
>>
File: 1499240291974.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499240291974.png
118KB, 500x500px
>>385721965
>You have small references to Dark Souls 2 so it kinda happened?

What? Only Drangleic and the Ruin Sentinel are mentioned and maybe Vendrick but nothing else.
>>
>>385722079
>Dark Souls 2 was heavily referenced in Dark Souls 3
>2 things

WEW
>>
>>385722230
Did you expect me to list everything? Go watch VaatiVidya for that shit, nigger.
>>
>>385722154
You also have Gilligan, armor sets and weapons, Earthern Peak, there is a painting of Nashandra, and there are also some more.
Seems to me that it has to be canon.
>>
>>385721892
Replace 2 with 3 and you're right
>>
>>385722362
>>385722442
So when does DaS2 happen and where for you?
>>
>>385722650
Dark souls 2 happens after 3, 3 resets the cycle of light and dark and this reset of the flame makes the souls weaker. The protag of DS2 ends the curse and is the only one to be able to do it.
>>
>>385719618
Demon souls > the rest
Broken Slate update when
>>
>>385719816
>Dark Souls 2 is graphically superior to Dark Souls.
Fuck no. DaS3 isn't either.
>>
File: 1459706218241.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1459706218241.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>385722817
>Dark souls 2 happens after 3
>>
>>385722650
I don't fucking care for the overall story. I like some character tales like Artorias or Velstadt and Raime, but I don't give a damn about what actually happens in the games.
>>
BB > DaS = DeS = DaS3 > DaS2

DaS, DaS3, and DeS all have pros and cons that roughly equal each other. DaS2 is the weakest but still a good game. BB is the best game this decade.
>>
>>385719618
I'm having more fun replay das2 than playing das3 at all right now and I can't quite pinpoint why.
Even using a bonfire ascetic and just running the area again feels great to me
I've got a few builds I want to try in das3 but I end up just launching 2 every time I play.

3's bossfights are amazing but they're way too short and easy once you've figured them out. The rest of the level doesn't feel challenging enough.
I should try making a SL1 run in 3 and see if it reignites my will to play.
>>
Personal opinion
DeS>DaS>BB>DaS3>DaS2
What's probably more true
DaS>BB>DaS3>DaS2>DeS
>>
>>385722817
I don't think the 2 ending where you end the curse is canon
Otherwise how would things like the faraam/drang armor sets be in 3 at all? Wolnir's Crown's description also seems to hint Wolnir COULD be BotC
>>
>>385722079
anon you're asking /v/ to read
>>
>>385721297
>oh no 30fps
>r1 spam ftw all bosses hurr durr
Says the pcfag who never played bloodborne
>>
>>385721591
>a literal level from DS2 appears in the ringed city
>literally no evidence of 2 in the other games
really makes you think
>>
>>385723410
This. Doesn't the Emerald Herald from DS2 appear in Ringed City also?

Why do DS2 haters try to deny reality?
>>
>>385723410
the ringed city is at the world's end though, so even things that happen after Ashen One goes around killing things are here
But in any case 2 happened before 3

>>385723505
Did she?
>>
>>385723175
my problem with 2 is that something always breaks the fun I'm having. I recently played through scholar and was having a blast...until some shitty hitbox got me, or the clunky animations weirded me out, or the stagger animation taking 5 fucking years. Idk, it always feels like I'm fighting the game and not the enemies when I'm playing 2.

your point about 3's bosses though is absolutely correct. I just beat Nameless King for the first time and it only took me 4 tries. I couldn't understand the timing for his attacks at all the first 3, but then I got it and didn't get hit once the final time. was kind of disappointing desu senpai
>>
>>385723368
It's not even 30 fps (which is subhuman in the first place) and the framepacing is fucking terrible, I don't expect a console retard to even understand what that is anyway though.

Maybe you can try come up with something better than just guessing random shit you're wrong about in the future though, dumb little console chimp
>>
File: invasion.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
invasion.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>385719618
Yup. That's THE order of release.
>>
>>385723589
>so even things that happen after Ashen One goes around killing things are here
I don't think anything happens after the Ashen One. I'm pretty sure the physical universe dies and a new one is born in the painting with the Dark Soul. sort of like a reset
>>
>>385723769
but you get the dark souls and let the loli paint memes by going through the ringed city, which is at the world's end

I meant the events of the base game and maybe of the painted world
>>
>>385723830
>I meant the events of the base game
derp got it.
>>
File: dark_souls_2_-_bad_grjrs9q.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_2_-_bad_grjrs9q.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>385719816
Hahaha, sure, dude.
>>
Just finished Dark Souls again, and DS2 does everything except level desing better. Literally everything.

The supposed best boss of Dark Souls - Artorias - is just a clumsy mess compared to even some of the more mediocre DS2 fights. Thinking DS1 is better than 2 or even 3 is pure nostalgia talking.
>>
>>385724168
every game has filler landscapes, especially in shit graphic settings
>>
>>385723410
>appears in a area where time is convoluted
hmm
>>
>>385724237
>where time is convoluted
you mean the entire premise of the whole series
>>
>>385719618
BB > DaS > DaS2 SotFS > DaS3 FF

never played DeS so
>>
>>385724218
At least those other games try to hide it. You can see this in the first area after you reached Majula and simply look right after climbing up a short ladder.
>>
>>385719816
I like DS2, but 2's lighting, or lack of, really fucked up the visuals. If you take DS1 and brighten the lighting it looks exactly like 2 in that you can see garbage repeated textures that you shouldn't see because its obscured by the dark. The armor in 2 is far better looking than all the armor in 1 and 3 combined.

DS2 was meant to be a much much darker game but the devs realized having to use a torch in your offhand 24/7 was fucking tedious and annoying so they scrapped the idea, hence why torches are a consumable resource because it was something you had to manage.
>>
>>385722918
This 100%
>>
BB=DS1 > DS3 = DeS > SOTFS >>>> King's Field : The Ancient City >>>>>Dragon's Smegma : Dick Arisen >>>trash>>>> DS2
>>
>>385724420
>At least those other games try to hide it
>>
>>385722918

Brume tower alone looks better than anything in DS1.
>>
Demon's Souls feels more like a demo for what the series was supposed to be after playing the other games.

Dark Souls was a fantastic evolution for the series that took countless steps in the right direction and deserves its praise.

Dark Souls 2 developers completely misinterpreted what people liked about the series to the point 2 feels like a completely different game.

Bloodborne is one of the best non-horror horror games ever made with some of the better atmosphere, bosses, and gameplay in the series and in the recent years of gaming. Best OST in the series, best DLC in the series.

Dark Souls 3 was a return to form for the series with maybe a bit too much nostalgia pandering, but took some good design inspirations from Bloodborne specifically. Had one of the better OSTs in the series heightening some of the game's finer boss fights.

DS1 = BB > DS3 > DeS > DS2
>>
>>385719816
Nothing there contradicts Dark Souls 2 being shit.
>>
File: 1439195807975.png (253KB, 679x632px) Image search: [Google]
1439195807975.png
253KB, 679x632px
Dark souls 1 felt genuienly entertaining, the atmosphere along with the bosses honestly made me feel like i was "grunt #244" sent to fight a cascade of literal demi-gods only in the end to realise that it was futile by the end of the story.
It had this magic where it really drived in the "Can't get past this part? Try again, again, and again until you suceed" only to realise that once you get past it, it gets harder yet the same mentality stuck with me.
It had some mechanics that was left to be desired, yeah. A proper diamond in the rough.
Plus. The unspoken interaction you had with whatever random summon you got felt special.
PC port was dogshite. Music was good.

Originally, i felt like dark souls 2 didn't exactly hold up to dark souls 1. the gameplay was slower, and some of the areas were complete ass. Some of the enemies wre just unremarkable, with a few good bossfights with some neat designs.
Although, it did make up for a lot of dark souls 3 lacking mechanics. Stuff like, having a designated jump button instead of a combo. An easier way to connect to friends other than just via chance or via a mod. Drinking estus on a ladder. Particles getting stuck on your character. (snow, swamp muck etc.)
I'm on the fence about the shield break though, it just kinda removed any actual use for a greatshield in PvP.

Dark souls 3 in general was just a trainwreck desu. I mean, we get callbacks to the original game which is cool yeah, but it's like fromsoft actively tried and cash in on the previous player's nostalgia. A lot of the rings are pointless and rarely are the bossfights memorable or challenging. PvP turned less than stellar, but atleast we have an arena mode, right?

Originally i got a ps4 for KH3, but when bloodborne came out, i picked it up because i love the souls series. Bloodborne was cool in general, but the PvP was just a drawn out hell where the invader and host just played the game of "who will run out of healing items first?" for 2 hours. Fuck the orphan.
>>
>>385725556
Boy, i can't spell for shit.
>>
>>385725556
>rarely are the bossfights memorable or challenging
I couldn't disagree more. Pontiff, Twin Princes, and Dancer were some of the most challenging and memorable boss fights for me. Personally, Dancer is one of my favorite bosses in the entire series, with here moveset and music. It's beautiful.
>>
Pro tip: any mention of 'memorable' is utterly arbitrary and doesn't mean jack shit for any argument, ever.
>>
>>385723663
I never got the hitbox argument. Every game in the franchise has it, why do I always see Dark Souls 2 get shit on for it? I also don't think the animations look that clunky, but maybe that's just me. Same with the longer animations or the slower combat in general. I love that. It's so much more fun than anime sonic go fast combat that Dark Souls 3 has.
>>
>>385727904
play ds2 again and really look at the animations. your character moves like a stick is up his ass the whole time. the roll looks really bizarre. the estus animation makes no sense and takes far too long. getting stunned and knocked down takes an unreasonable amount of time. I understand punishing players for mistakes, but it takes it too far. like do I really need to watch my character lay on the ground for 5+ seconds each time I'm thrown on my ass?
>>
Bloodborne is the best

Dark Souls 2 is the worst

if you disagree that's fine you can be a fag but you're wrong

/thread
>>
>>385729298
Like I said, maybe it's just me. I don't mind the animations and I like a good of amount of them a lot. I can't remember laying on the ground for 5+ seconds, but it's been a while since I last played it.
>>
PvE
DaS=BB>DS3>DS2

PvP
DaS>DS3>DS2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BB

invasions
DS2>DaS>>>>>>>>>>>>DS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BB
>>
DS3 has far too much invincibility on rolling and good bosses. Estus drinking is too fast though. Weapon skills were mostly pretty useless though.

DS2 has the best bosses but definitely felt too slow. Lowest iframes count when you didn't build for it too.

DS1 had mostly good bosses but also some plainly terrible parts like Bed/Ceaseless/Capra. Why bother putting a boss in when 90% of the difficulty is getting away from two dogs and then he is a pushover. Capra was only good as a normal enemy.

DS2-DS3 both share the annoying thing with roll doubling as run button even when you're in lock on, which annoyingly enough means you only roll on button release which adds a considerable amount of lag and setting up AHK script is pain. DS1 was way better in that regard. I kinda wish DS3 changed the wacky looking roll to something more like Bloodborne's dash. Having quickstep as a weapon skill on a few weapons doesn't help.

Also I wish From changed the animation style a bit. It's quickly getting annoying when every animation has variable length of X raises his hand to attack depending on attack also with incredibly silly looking tracking and then immediately performing full speed attack. Roll memorization is pain in the ass on the slower attacks.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.