[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
Remember me?
>>
>>385715361
this couldve been the biggest game of all time but they fucked it up lmao
>>
>>385715361
I still kinda play it
>>
We can't play
>>
>>385715402
How did they do it? legit asking, it's my thought that it was doing very well.
>>
>>385715750
It had literally no features.
What's the point in collecting Pokemons when you can't even duel against other people.
All they needed to do is introduce a basic fucking turn based combat.
It was made by most incompetent people there could be.
>>
>>385715402
>Game
See that's the problem, there was no gameplay in Pokemon GO just a camera and Pokemon models.
>>
>>385715750
what do you mean?
>>
Still play it when out for walks.
This is the game that sprout the biggest amount of "gamer entitlement" I have ever seen.
>>
>>385715750
No trade
No battles

Those two alone show how much they fucked up
>>
pokemon go to the polls
>>
>>385715750
They actively shit on capture rates and were really jewey about pokestops and pokeballs from what I remember
>>
>>385715861
>>385715986
>you can't even duel against other people.
Wait you can't?
Didn't they had the gyms and what not for that?
>>
File: 1500185683772.jpg (232KB, 897x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1500185683772.jpg
232KB, 897x1027px
>>385715861
>>385715986
I still don't understand why there are people out there that still don't understand this. This shit was an easy foreshadowing of it's lifespan.
>>
I play it.
I'll play tommorrow too when Moltres is available in raids. I had fuck all luck with catching only 5 Articuno.
>>
>>385715975
It's not entitlement to be pissed when the game is missing the two features that define the whole series, trading and battling with friends
>>
>>385715750
buggy as fuck also it didnt include the two main parts of pokemon: battling others and trading with others. I mean how do you fuck that up? Those two things STILL arent implemented.
>>
File: 9fc.png (599KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
9fc.png
599KB, 600x839px
>>385716131
>9 Arcticuno raids
>nothing for the first 6
>catch 3 in a row
>2 in 2 catched with lugia raids

There is a guy in our group who after 17 raids still does not have a single legendary.
>>
>>385716080
IIRC gyms were for resting or some other bullshit. There was literally no interaction between players. It was dead on arrival.
No joking though, this game could be a fucking goldmine if done right.
>>
>>385716985
That's why i'm surprised, i lived in a somewhat rural city, and everywhere i looked people were playing the game.
>>
>>385716985
gyms were for those teams
one team captures it and leave some pokemons there
if another team wants to capture it they have to fight those pokemons
fights are just tapping shit there are no move choices
>>
>>385715402
>they fucked it up

The game? Yea. The business model? Fucking no. They are bringing in major money running this game even as barebones as it is. They do not care about the quality of the game because people will play it regardless. And they will buy their pokeballs like they're told. It's been in the top 10 on the app stores for a year. Every time it breaks people will forgive them and then buy another pack of pokeballs to keep playing.

They cheaped out on Pokemon Go Fest and believe me they knew what they were doing. They knew it was going to crash and went forward with it anyway because its free money from idiots who won't stop playing the game no matter how bad they make it.
>>
>>385718018
Well people pay to play candy crush.

Imagine what society would look like if the actually made Pokemon Argumented Reality with features like battling, trading, gyms and badges.

Hint:society as we know it would collaps
>>
I still play and the gyms and raids are good now, but there's almost nobody left and I'm suspecting the gyms are just full of bot Pokemon.

It's also winter here in NZ and cold as fuck. Fuck you Niantic for making all the cool updates during our winter and murrica's summer.
>>
File: 1469664616030.jpg (252KB, 749x936px) Image search: [Google]
1469664616030.jpg
252KB, 749x936px
>wild lapras for 10 minutes about 10 minutes away
>pack my shit and head out running like a madman
>arrive at location and catch lapras
>victory
>suddenly see a cute girl also glowing with contentment
>we actually small talk and hit it off
>tfw she was 15
>>
>>385719137
and you're what, 30?
>>
What was it like, lads? What was it like back when the game was actually popular with the Normies and chic to be seen with? Because I only got a phone that could support the app back in late October, and by then it seemed the craze had died.
>>
>>385719318
47. But I look 59.
>>
File: 120%excited.jpg (22KB, 440x398px) Image search: [Google]
120%excited.jpg
22KB, 440x398px
>>385719582
>>
>>385715361
Yeah. You were boring and made for the mainstream. You weren't even a pokemon spinoff, you're just some random company's collection IRL game with a pokemon skin.
>>
>>385719520
It was never chic to be seen with it. Lots of normies hated it from day 1.
But there was lots of excitement going on when you actually met people playing unironically. People actually let themself geek out and it was fantastic.

Lots of people still play that way now with raids introduced.
>>
>>385715750
Personally I stopped when they fucked the footstep tracker thing and didn't fix it for months.

AFAIK they never did either. They just pretended they never wanted it in the first place or something.
>>
Didn't people die because of this game?
>>
>>385715402
>Could have been the biggest game
>Mobile

Successful mobile games are either waifu gatchas or stuff made for retarded Muricans.
>>
>>385719520
I was doing an internship at a technical designer office, and all my coworkers played it,
the construction workers also played it and their kids as well. Multiple streets blocked including a highway when a shiny charmender apeared, shit was surreal
>>
>>385719520
Just like the Pokemania scene back in 1999 the first month, everybody was nuts about it. Then Niantic started getting retarded with the tracker and blocking tracking sites because they don't like being one upped. Then replaced the tracking system with a stupid one that uses Pokestops.

Most of the big install base quit, but there are still a lot of people that play it now that gyms have been reworked and raids have made it easier to get rare Pokemon like Tyrannitar and Machamp. Hell, my medium sized city has a large Discord with around 200 people that regularly coordinate raids.

Now Pokemon Go is like Pokemon itself, had a huge fad but died out and maintains a solid fanbase.
>>
>>385720173
Don't forget they also made it unplayable from the car, or even while on a fucking bike.
>>
>>385719969
not only did they ruin the footstep tracker but then they went and blocked all the 3rd party tracking programs so you had no way to track down pokemon, you had to just wander around and hope you ran into them
>>
>>385718018
Imagine if they actually made a good game with that same business model
I seriously believe this could've been a world hit like no other game could've been
For a short time it even was
Then people got rightfully fed up
>>
>>385720272
Imagine making a billion in sales and spend a million on the game itself.
>>
>>385720216
Or even fucking running. I think the speed cap is like 8mph. I remember reading a post where a marathon runner trained and ran 5k, and his Pokemon Go Plus only registered .1k because he was over the speed cap.
>>
>>385720324
>a million

I feel like I could spend a couple thousand and have the same results as Niantic
>>
>>385720324

>investing in your own product

Not how American business works, my dude.. Gotta take the money and run.
>>
>>385716662
state based action kills this as soon as it hits the field. "win" is flavor text. great waste of mana you FUCK
>>
>>385720378
>I think the speed cap is like 8mph

Back when I was an autistic NEET whose only connection to the outside world was Pokemon GO, I did a test of the speeds to see when the "Going too fast" pop-up would occur. I believe the magic number is around 20 mph, anything lower and you can still tap Pokestops.
>>
File: 1500796842971.gif (1024KB, 218x228px) Image search: [Google]
1500796842971.gif
1024KB, 218x228px
>lament to my friend about no trading, no PvP battles, and shallow gameplay in Pokemon go
>This zombie nigga tells me that it's to differentiate from mainline Pokemon games
>Tell him it advertised battles and training in the trailer
>"Well...yeah but it's to make Pokemon go different."
>>
>>385720552
I mean, he MAY be right
It could be that Gamefreak or whoever owns pokemon didn't agree to let them use certain mechanics of the mainline games in fear that pogo could take their spot
>>
>tfw didn't fall for the meme because my HTC is 5 years old and can't run that shit
Feels good.
>>
>>385720664
>can't play
>'No guys I don't want to play seriously'

kek
>>
>>385719582
wasn't there a loli rape doujin like this?
>>
>>385719520
Was pretty fun. Either i was exploring the city on my own or going on night cruises with my mates taking down gyms and then grabbing kebabs and beer afterwards.
>>
>>385720552
I'm still playing Pokemon Go, but let's be real, release pokemon go was nowhere near what we were promised. At least now we have the raids and legendaries, but it's too late.
When they removed the tracker and replaced it with that insult to us all and made the game worse.

Honestly, it's 100% a missed opportunity that was big for a month or two, but it could have been bigger for longer if Niantic wasn't shit.
>>
>>385721209
>I'm still playing Pokemon Go
>replaced it with that insult to us all and made the game worse

How the fuck do you get motivated to play this garbage?
>>
There's no way they could have kept the immense playerbase that they had because most people who played it were just following the next fad. Half the people who played Pokemon GO have probably never touched a Pokemon game in their life.
>>
>>385721295
Legendaries kept me going, I thought some people would come back for the raids.
I think I was wrong.

I don't play much outside of the daily bonuses because work takes up pretty much all my time and gym and personal gamedev and weekends are usually flat chores and actual video games or friends shit if they're up to stuff.
>>
>>385721295
For a lot of people it became routine, you tell yourself you need to get outside anyway, and there's a Pokestop right over yonder where you can get your daily bonuses.

I realized what I was doing though, and decided to just delete the app outright after getting my final 7-day bonus.
>>
>>385719520
>got bored of the game 2 hours in and uninstalled
>see people walking around randomly starting with their phones
>by the end of the week everyone forgot it exists outside of genwunners that refuse to play anything past GBC/ GBA
>playing P/GO basically shows everyone that you are a huge genwunfag
>>
I had a feeling the fad wouldn't last
>>
Who /Waiting for Gen 3 so I can get my Gardevoir Waifu/ here?
>>
>>385721725
And do what with? Turn into candy and go catch another? It's not like she will defend you or anything.
>>
>>385721639
>by the end of the week
Nice history revisionism. The game was huge for the whole summer of 2016.
>>
File: 1434328293956.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1434328293956.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>385721921
Crack a momentary smile as I admire her stats before deleting the app for good, because holy shit have I crossed some lines and the only reason I've kept the app was to get her.

Then again, I said the same thing about walking my Magikarp to get a Gyarados or getting the candies for my Ninetails.
>>
>>385721974
Maybe in 'Murica, but I live in Asia. We have significantly less shit taste in games than Muricans. Except maybe the Chinese and Koreans, their taste in video games is beyond garbage.

Pokemon Go barely lasted here.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.