[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is battlefield 1 currently the most played in the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Battlefield_1_cover_art.jpg (30KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Battlefield_1_cover_art.jpg
30KB, 250x375px
Why is battlefield 1 currently the most played in the series when it's the worst entry yet?
>war game series wit vehicles
>dude let's remove the vehicles lmao
>only 4-5 guns for each class
>muh realism mud all over the weapon
>gameplay more arcady than ever
>black soldiers everywhere
>open and empty maps

BF4 is still better in every way.
>>
>>385715186
because it's new anon this is an obvious cycle how have you not noticed this? also BF3<BF4
>>
Because other AAA were even worse.
>>
Ive played the shit out of it, and the only reason being is that every other multiplayer fps is bollocks
>>
>>385715186
It's the worst because of the WWI setting.
Couldn't have chosen a more boring and uninteresting setting than that.
>>
>>385715186

Did they get rid of commander mode in BF1? After it was a total flop in BF4 I didn't imagine they would try it again anytime soon.
>>
Because it's the only half decent shooter on the market
There's a huge opening for a better shooter
PC playercounts are down pretty hard recently, probably because of PUBG
>>
File: Promo-Ads3.png (389KB, 707x297px) Image search: [Google]
Promo-Ads3.png
389KB, 707x297px
>>385715186
>Why is battlefield 1 currently the most played in the series
It's really not compared to Battlefield 4 at the same age
>>
>>385715186
>BF1 is the worst entry yet

But that's wrong, I'd argue it's on par with BF4. Also, there's plenty of guns and there will be shitton more with the DLCs which are all looking better than the base game so far. The only problem I have is WE WUZ revisionism, but that can be easily overlooked because I'm not a sperg and know not to treat my vidya as historical sources. The other issue I have is ticket system, old one was significantly better. Besides that the game plays, looks and feels awesome and unique compared to all other online shooters.
>>
>>385716082
WWI > WWII
>>
>>385715186
There aren't many "combined arms" out there that are worth playing, Squad or Arma if you're into milsims, Rising Storm 2 is very similar but the rapid decline of its playerbase speaks for it self..
its just an extremely poor man's battlefield (pre frostbite)
Siege has alot of players now but its not everyone's cup of tea, and it also suffers from fundamental problems, mainly its god forsaken netcode, client side smoke, debris etc.. poor balance, spwan killing etc..
COD has been shitting the bed for years now, and other shooters like Overwatch, Quake etc.. are vastly different.
Battlefront is there but its basically battlefield lite
BF1 has a lot of issues, and changing many core aspects of the franchise just for the sake of change was a bad call but.. ultimately its not bad, but not great either.
>>
>>385715186
normies
And don't kid yourself, BF4 sucks balls as well.
>>
Because there's a sucker born every minute.
>>
>>385715950
>>385716193
>There are people who don't know about RS2 Vietnam
>>
>>385715186
>Worst entry
>Anything but Play4Free
>>
because people are enjoying it? This isn't rocket science
>>
>>385715186
>only 4-5 guns for each class

Why is this bad?

Fuck Battlefield weapon grinds and fuck not having faction limited weapons.
>>
>>385715186
Because the last 3 games were all the same fucking setting, and revive was already dead when I tried it again a couple of months ago. Between bc2/bf3/bf4 I have probably close to 4k hours, that shit has run its course.
>>
File: anti-air.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anti-air.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>2017
>Still playing Battlefield
>>
>>385718839
>2017
>Playing DoA games
>>
File: 1501498756217.jpg (331KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
1501498756217.jpg
331KB, 1024x685px
>>385718839
I just play IL2, DCS, and Warthunder now.
>>
>>385718839

Both are shit in different ways.
>>
>>385719084
>Bitch about how Battlefield etc have all turned into normie CoD casualshit
>Smaller budget game comes along to bring back feel of old BF/war games
>Still bitch about it
git gud faggot
>>
>>385717941
>spwan killing
siege is trash but spawn killing is not an issue. if you got spawn peeked it's because your dumbass was too stupid to check windows for a free kill before sprinting out of your spawn
>>
>>385719269
>no ground vehicles
>>
>>385715186
>>gameplay more arcady than ever
this is good
>>
BF1942 is still the best game of the series and there will never be a good WW2 game ever again

BF2, BF:MC, BC, BC2, BF3, BF4.

6 modern warfare setting battlefield games, every game has the same fucking shit in it but with better graphics each release, and they had to turn BF1 into modern warfare+WW1 skin.

we can't have good games as long as faggots can't aim without spraying automatic weapons.
>>
>>385719359
There will be. All upcoming content is free.
>>
>>385718138
this
>>
>>385718839
the fuck is this garbage? is this the best you got? this shit?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.