[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you top this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

How do you top this?
>>
Play the original
>>
>>385712194
/thread
>>
File: Nier_(game_box_art).jpg (40KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_(game_box_art).jpg
40KB, 256x315px
>>385712085
>How do you top this?
>>
File: 1490107500450.jpg (2KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1490107500450.jpg
2KB, 122x125px
>>385712194
honestly
>>
>>385712085
Nude mods.
>>
File: IMG_1263.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1263.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>385712194
Nier>Drakengard>Nier:Automata>DoD3>DoD2
>>
>>385712504
By the Gods a ranking I can agree on.
>>
>>385712085
>weeb shit
>muh ass
wow, yea, how to top it
>>
>>385712194
>I'm gonna look really cool if I say this old and objectively worse game is better
It has worse gameplay.
Worse visually
Story didn't manage to touch me as much.
Lmao do the exact same shit 3 times to unlock all the endings.

Character interactions were good though. I loved all the banter between Weiss and Kaine in particular.
>>
>>385712504
Agreed my man, a piece of me wants to but DoD3 higher than Nier: Automata though.
>>
>>385712194
a man of taste
>>
>>385712085
Put Taro, Okabe and Platinum in a studio again and give them enough money to do it properly, but not so much as to invite overreaching oversight.
>>
>>385713452
wow it's almost like some people are contrarians and don't like that the new instance of franchise is more popular.
>>
Automata just didn't do it for me like the original has.
>>
>>385713452
>gameplay
>visually
Alright, I give ya that.
>story
Nigga, pls...
>objectively worse
Nigga...
>exact same shit 3 times
Nig...

It's just a fact that the story is better in the first one. I'm not saying N:A is bad, it's very good. However, in terms of emotional investment, much better sidequests and little details in the environment, the original is way better. If you are just to dull to get it, that's your problem.
>>
>>385713964
Not him but I would weigh the stories as about equal. Nier undoubtedly has better characters because they drive the game whereas characterisation takes a backseat to the thematics in Automata but they both work really well and are products of a well executed narrative.
>>
>>385712085
Play anything else.
>>
>>385712194
>tfw no ps3/360
>>
>>385712085
A good action game

If Plat shifts gears and makes nothing but Automata clones from now on, there will be no good developers left.
>>
>>385712085
make 2b a mom with 9s shota kids
>>
>>385714093
I think that in order to have a compelling story, character development and interaction should be a bit more important than the theme or setting. While both are essential, the characters are what drives the story.
N:A heavily relies on existentialism and other philosophical themes.
Nier, on the other Hand, relies more on people.
I personally like both games very much, but the original just had a bigger impact on me.
I appreciate your opinion though, Anon.
>>
>>385712085
I've never played anything more bland than this piece of shit. It sucks balls as an action game and the story is tumbl-tier. Read a book faggots.
>inb4 muh ass
That's the only reason sex-starved weebs play this game.
>>
>>385712085
Play one Taro game and you've played them all.
>>
>>385714850
Listen here, you lil piece of shite. I'll have you know that this game is one of the bes-
>sex-starved weebs
...well...can't argue with that
>>
>>385714093
>Nier undoubtedly has better characters
No, it doesn't. Original Nier's characters are mostly straightforward and simplistic, the only exception is Kaine. Automata's characters have way more going for them and game fairly masterfully unveils their true personalities as routes go on, with one plot twist changing the meaning of virtually all interactions between main characters which original Nier absolutely lacked. Even some side characters get the same treatment like 21O or Commander.
Between original game and Automata Taro's writing has become progressively better at least as far as characters go.
>>
Yuri robot lolis.
>>
>>385712085

I put it on the ground and place my body above it
>>
Did they ever patch the game in any significant capacity or did it stay a fan project?
>>
>>385712085
I really wanted to like Nier Automata, but the gameplay is just so bad
>>
Make it again, but have better enemy variety.
>>
>>385715153
/thread
>>
>>385715153
>Yuri

he said top it not make it worse, tripfag
>>
By having gameplay that isn't derivative, watered down trash perhaps? Fucking Tarofags.
>>
>>385713964
>It's just a fact that the story is better in the first one
Your opinion is not a fact. Nier's story loses already because they didn't bother to include actual true ending into the game itself. On top of that it had a few fairly poorly-written moments like entirety of Devola and Popola's actions which made absolutely no sense, and Automata avoided crude plot holes like that.

Other than that they are simply too different to compare. Original Nier is Taro taking a piss on a bunch of game tropes, Automata goes into a mix of absurdism and postmodernism with a very uplifting message at its core.
>>
>>385715662
What's sad is Platinum purposefully dumbed down the gameplay for RPGfags, and Taro probably contributed a lot of cancerous ideas.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.