[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wildlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Is this game fun as a solo player, or is the AI completely incompetent?

Overall, the game looks like something I'd enjoy immensly, but since it has online co-op in mind I fear a crappy AI might ruin it for me.
>>
I mean the AI of your team mates, not the enemy AI.

I don't expect you to fully be able to go "go here, sit there and wait to snipe" etc, but does it at least listen to some orders?
>>
I'm more interested in how The Divison turned out.
>>
>>385711408
Yes.

It's somewhat competent, plus you can basically leave it somewhere and not having to worry about their pathfinding since they'll warp to you eventually.

The game is really simple and repetitive though. So even though you can play it solo you'll probably get bored of it if you don't have friends to chat and fuck around with.
>>
>>385711254
It's fun tactical shooter, the environment is absolutely fantastic. BUT it's Ubisoft game and as such it's unfinished and buggy at times. Don't pay full price, buy it on discount. It's best played with couple of friends in COOP. All DLC are shit so don't spend any money for them. This was the last Ubisoft game I ever pay for. Fuck that company. People should widely boycott them.
>>
>>385714657
Not OP, but how good is it at playing Operator dress up?
>>
>>385711408
The only orders you have are stealth and assault. You can mark targets for sync shot but that's it. They're pretty good at keeping themselves alive and taking out people.

>>385713473
Sold well and they're still pushing content iirc.

>>385715774
Pretty good.
>>
>>385711254
>Is this game fun as a solo player

Yes.

> or is the AI completely incompetent?

Also yes. Outside of the Sync Shot and the revive, they do very little. They have no personalities and no customization.

>>385715774

Probably the best operator dress-up game there is.
>>
File: Snaku Division Lands 04.jpg (793KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Snaku Division Lands 04.jpg
793KB, 2560x1080px
>>385715774
There are possibilities but for example the hair colors are all bit wrong - black is ultra black, brown is reddish brown and they don't fit the characters too well. But there's quite a lot of equipment to choose from. Also, to this day Ubishit haven't added the option to customize your squad mate loadouts. I really hate Ubisoft.
>>
File: Snaku Division Lands 05b.jpg (826KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Snaku Division Lands 05b.jpg
826KB, 2560x1080px
>>385716315
That's why there's black hair for Snaku because brown isn't exactly brown.
>>
>>385711254
This game is fine but the voice acting is terrible and I normally never notice that shit
>>
>>385714657
>buggy at times
I can't count the amount of bugs I've seen personally whilst playing this game in 20 hours. I've swam through the floor, I've seen npcs disappear, I've seen npcs float in place, I've watch helicopters and npcs phase through walls and floors.

The game is very lacking but I find it entertaining just for the amount of unintentional and bizarre mishaps that occur.
>>
File: Ghost Recon Wildlands 04.jpg (1MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Recon Wildlands 04.jpg
1MB, 2560x1080px
>>385716442
>>385716442
But in places the game looks absolutely fantastic. That's the best part of it. It's also mostly unscripted (unlike GTA 5 for example) so sometimes you might end up in weird and fun situation where AI will crash his car somewhere unexpected and start a shootout. But there are bugs from time to time as well. I look at these screenshots I have and I want to play but when I start the game up I fiddle around 15 minutes and close it. I played it for about 60 hours and I'm not even finished with all areas. There is stupid for example in which the team banter has been locked up to a single line. For the past 30 hours I have been only hearing a "joke" about El Pozolero and what kind of psycho he is. It is so annoying. I made a ticket many months ago and they haven't done anything about it...
>>
>>385711254
the AI breaks the game, you can order them to snipe a guy that's completely out of their sight, or even yours, as long as you step at the right distance for the game to not be able to process that.
>>
>>385711254
It plays pretty good solo, the AI is useful for synchronized shots on 4 targets, but that's it.

I most of the time manually ordered them to "hold position" some distance from the camp I attacked, so I could shoot or sneak the way I want without them interfering.

Coop was fun and surprisingly more often than expected I got nice people to play missions in random coop games. The longer the game exists and people saw everything, the higher your chance to find people that just dick around, though, I guess.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.