[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn this games good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg (201KB, 1200x1380px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg
201KB, 1200x1380px
Damn this games good.
>>
worst combat in the history of vidya game
>>
>>385709189
Its shit
>>
I physically struggle to play this. So fucking tedious.
>>
>>385709189
>completely consolized controls
>consolized ability tree
>uncustomizeable charater loadouts beyond 5 abilities (such a coincidence that consoles have as many buttons as you can load abilities).
>SJW writting up the ass
>boring as fuk later stages
>boring as fuck side-stories

this game is shite.
>>
I replayed DA:O recently and it was a massive struggle to get through. DA2 I couldn't even put in more than a hour before the combat was totally miserable, somehow it looked worse than DA:O as well. Is inquisition at least fun to play?
>>
>>385709189
>>385710361
This game sucks. It's got decent visuals but the gameplay feels like a single player mmo. I know that sounds like a meme but it is true
>>
>>385710615

Is that honestly worse than DA2 "HP sponges" the game?
>>
>>385709189
I liked it but I can see why so many fans gave it shit. The SJW writing felt so out of place and the weird looking faces really made it painful to play at parts. The game felt like an empty mmo at times as well.
>>
>>385710908
>empty, single-player mmo

If anything sums up the flaws with the game, it's this
>>
>>385709189
Its not DAMN SO GOOD, but its alright.
If you like fantasy RPGs that go more for story than character stats, you shouldn't skip it.
But either get it for free somehow or pirate, fuck paying EA money.
>>
>>385709189
I just joined the Grey Wardens and I'm kinda bored. The combat is shit. Leveling and gaining new abilities doesn't generally make me "feel" more powerful (or maybe I fucked up by picking Rogue). Does this game get better?
>>
>>385711035
This is only ever true for the overly long first area, which probably unironically was part of an MMO that they canceled. Every following zone is smaller and denser.

I hate to be the guy to say this shit, but it gets better X hours in. Just endure the first area, or rush through it.
>>
>>385710792

Yes. It really is.

Mainly because DA:I is full of HP sponges too.
>>
>>385710792
HP scales fast, so if you don't build for damage, or don't combo skills that get extra damage from being used together, you WILL have long fights.
>>
>>385709189
No, It's trash
>>
File: 1501287657950.jpg (23KB, 567x458px) Image search: [Google]
1501287657950.jpg
23KB, 567x458px
>>385709189
Heck yeah m8
>>
>>385710908
>game felt like an empty mmo at times as well.
>at times
Outside the main story missions, 5 o 6 missions 3/4 hours of gameplay, Its a singleplayer mmo full of the worst filler content you can imagine.
>>
personally I think that DA: Inquisition is... Honestly... Not bad.

Story is... Well... Nothing special.

Maybe I just really liked that idea about mages forcing they way to heaven just to find it blackened and themselves cursed and ever waited for details about that...
But that's about DA cosmology, not the story of this one game.
Still this one promises answers and gives you nothing so you'd still be disapointed after finishing it.

It has some fun moments and makes you feel as a leader of a large organization at times.

Personally I would say that the story is worse than first game and better than the second.

Gameplay wise, yeah, it really plays like an empty mmo game.

Maps are large, you are slow, and enemies just walk around at random without any sense or reason.

Also mounts are fucking embarassing: Slow with unnatural animation. And more unresponsive than Geralt in Witcher 3... Underwater.

After riding your horse for first time you will feel like you were cheated by makers of this game: You bought something advertised as an AAA title, but in reality they forced an hastily made, shitty indie game into your throat.

Combat didnt change much from earlier games. It never was especially tactical or challenging.

Still, I have to point out fun and well made battles with dragons.
They're a lot better than, for example, Skyrim ones, which were praised a lot.

They feel epic and are reasonably hard.

Characters aren't VERY charismatic, but it's not the worst of the series anyway. Almost every one has his own personality which is, mostly homogeneous.

However I'm not sure if relations with them are correctly made.
For example, when I played it I tried to be friends with Blackwall, but I never learned that he is not really a Grey Warden.

Still, If I may relate my personal opinion about Dragon Age as a whole... First game was fun and well made rpg.

Third one was an almost successful try to save the series.

But I really harbor a deep hate for second one.
>>
So, after this shitfest and andromeda, is Bioware finally dead?
>>
>>385712004
Andromeda wasn't made by Bioware.
EA renamed another studio to Bioware, and they made it.
>>
File: 1490707162960.jpg (15KB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1490707162960.jpg
15KB, 257x212px
>>385709189
>>
>>385710361
>>385710792
>not playing a Rogue in DAII so you can reduce enemies to paste within seconds of engaging
Baka. Anyway, like other anons have said enemy health scales pretty well in Inquisition, but the upside is (unlike previous games) every class is capable of building for damage - either will straight damage skills, or by using cross-class combos. As long as you don't build a purely tank or support character, you'll finish fights easily enough. Inquisition was the game I most enjoyed playing every class.
Oh, and don't activate too many Trials, since some of them really draw out fights.
>>
File: Solas.png (1MB, 800x1229px) Image search: [Google]
Solas.png
1MB, 800x1229px
>>385711061
>Leveling and gaining new abilities doesn't generally make me "feel" more powerful (or maybe I fucked up by picking Rogue). Does this game get better?
It does, but if you're focused on the feeling of the combat maybe Origins isn't the game for you, anon.
To answer your question, the only class that I felt a really sudden advancement with levelling up was Mage, and only because some of the abilities you can unlock are so gamebreakingly powerful they completely trivialise some fights. Warrior and Rogue have more gradual progression, but it's still there - the early levels are the slowest for them because they have the least abilities, but once you get to level 7 or so and unlock the third-tier abilities you'll notice a big improvement. You're still in the very early part of the game.

For Rogues in particular, you'll notice the biggest improvements when you unlock (as an archer) Scattershot (area-effect damage and unresistable stun), Aim + Master Archer, and as a dual-wield rogue, Combat Movement (more angle to backstab = less manoeuvring to set one up), Coup de Grace (attacks on stunned/paralysed enemies are automatic backstabs), Lethality (bonus backstab/critical damage based on Cunning) and especially Momentum (massively increases your attack speed, it's the key to DPS for a dual-wielder). You'll notice you have a much easier time clearing enemies at level 10 than at level 5, even if the enemies themselves are tougher. Also, as a weapon-damage based class you'll find a significant upgrade in power once you get some powerful weapons and armour/accessories.
>>
>>385710792

It can be at times, especially if you don't know what you're doing. It also gives you the tools to absolutely melt everything as well though too.
>>
>>385709379
>>385709518

Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>385714812
We actually played it
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.