[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

already?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: buy my game.png (764KB, 708x844px) Image search: [Google]
buy my game.png
764KB, 708x844px
already?
>>
Is anyone surprised? It's fucking terrible. I'd say it's worse than LOTF.
>>
>>385708758
>only 33% off

Still not worth it
>>
>>385708758
whats that game? never heard of it
>>
It will be $20 during the winter sale at most.
>>
>>385708873
Really? That takes some doing
>>
>>385708873
Holy shit, how do you even manage that? LotF was fucking horrible.
>>
>>385710715
The Dark Souls of Dark Souls clones
>>
>>385711289
>>385711357
Anon is lying. It's not worse than LOTF, it's much better in fact. It has some interesting ideas like severing limbs for weapons and other loot but I guess it still "pales" in comparison to Soulsborne games since that's all it will ever get compared to.
>>
>>385711510
No, i'm not lying.
Surge has less moveset variety, MUCH worse level design with less coherent world, drone system is even worse than LOTF's magic gauntlet which at least had a fun railgun blast, no shields which limits the amount of possible setups, difference between armour tiers in terms of movement speed is non-existent, there's less bosses and all of them are worse. And endless factory buildings with laboratories is one of the most uninteresting settings possible.
>>
>>385711904
>no shields

that is a dumb thing to lack in a Souls Clone
>>
>>385708758
It's not Focus Home/Spiders tier "barely functional", but it's not particularly good.

I mean the thing with riding on Souls gameplay is that Souls gameplay is pretty mediocre, so to do that but worse isn't really a selling point. Combined with the simplicity, the uninteresting enemy designs, and some plain weird decisions.

It's a $20 title. And that's not a bad benchmark to make for a studio that's got nothing but a bad reputation. But it's not a $50 title.
>>
File: 20170608230928_1.jpg (266KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170608230928_1.jpg
266KB, 1440x900px
>>385708758

Some players on Steam did the numbers and it turned out there is a 30% damage difference between wearing armor and no armor.

They then went on and found there is only about 10% difference in damage sustained between mk. 1 armor and high level, multiple play through upgraded armor. That means that you wear armor literally for anything but actual defense. Armor affects all your stats which is neat, but it's statistically proven that it is pointless to wear Sentinel sets for actual protection.

And it is not optimized at all. Modern gaming rigs cannot get it to run at max settings.

Still, the story and setting is much better than a souls game.
>>
>>385712027
Especially since LOTF actually did something original with shields - when they were on your back it allowed you to tank hits from behind.
So my gauntlet magic spamming tank could just turn the other way and protect himself from 90% of damage.
Not saying LOTF was good or anything but Surge is way fucking worse.
>>
There should have been at least twice as many bosses

I mean, fucking 5? Really?
>>
>>385712027
>what is bloodborne?
>>
>>385712743
Not a part of souls series
>>
>>385712743
that had the best dodging system of any Souls Clone.

The Surge it's slow and clunky as fuck
>>
>>385712743
>>385712778

Neither a soul clone
>>
>>385708758
>uninspired multiplat sinks without a trace

stop the presses
>>
>>385712323
I really hate the armor system. It's like why would you ever use anything but the stuff you find on the first level that gives you extra stamina and action speed? And it's basically free to use, costs 1/3 as much as the loader armor. The only other set I used was the gas armor against those flamethrower guys since they ignite it and it kills them and/or their little shield robots instantly.
>>
It is an interesting idea for a souls clone, just not a particularly well executed one. I was kind of hoping it would be more dark and scary, kind of ss22 or alien isolation meets daS, but no.
>>
>>385713090
>It's like why would you ever use anything but the stuff you find on the first level that gives you extra stamina and action speed
guard armour is vastly superior and you can get it early too
now all endgame sets are a fucking trash
>>
>>385713165
Oh yeah, that guard armor is pretty great too for the instant stamina recovery. I was blown away when I first got it but it was way later in the game since I was only able to beat the guards in that first section by pushing one into the hole and fighting the other guy solo.
>>
>>385708758
Cheaply made game, the main appeal of these games outside of the combat is the lush enviroments.

This game has awful enviroments.
>>
In the future, we will use thwords but like made of electricity and shit.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.