[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Play Fantasy Strike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

File: 1.png (169KB, 315x373px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
169KB, 315x373px
Play Fantasy Strike
>>
>>385706895
I would, if I wasn't working.

Also, fuck Max.
>>
File: ragequit.jpg (186KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ragequit.jpg
186KB, 1366x768px
post ragequits
>>
>>385706895
lmaooo
>>
clips.twitch.tv

/ZealousAmericanEelKappaClaus
>>
Why /v/?

What is it missing?

Is just having solid gameplay not enough? Does everything have to be full of explosions and special effects?

Or maybe it should have just gone retro pixel art? Is that what normies need to pay attention to the game?

Maybe also make it a rougelike
>>
I give up
>>
>>385708435
How about not making a streamlined casual fighting game with minimum systems that actually enrich the gameplay experience, then slap on some of the most ugly art styles I have ever seen in a game with awful character designs and horrendous UI.

Fuck off with your shitty game, noone cares.
>>
>>385706895
>Made by a bunch of people who scammed their kickstarter backers on an older project
>Has stolen animations ripped directly from Street Fighter 4
>Spent more money getting advertisements at EVO and other fighting game events than on the actual game

No thanks, I don't even need to get started on the gameplay or how bad it looks to have a reason to avoid it. I bet the devs are just trying to follow Rising Thunder's footsteps in hopes they get bought out by Riot in the same way.
>>
>>385710053
>Made by a bunch of people who scammed their kickstarter backers on an older project
Never happened. There's some bad blood with BGG, because Sirlin had the audacity to release a second/improved version of his game after only two years.
>Has stolen animations ripped directly from Street Fighter 4
If you mean "opened the source code and took the moves out and put them into Unity somehow" no. If you mean that their ryue has a shoryuken, sure.
>Spent more money getting advertisements at EVO and other fighting game events than on the actual game
They spent literally 0$ on making the game. Sirlin is working on it 24/7 and two other guys do the coding on the side pro bono. Hence any money they spend on cons/EVO/etc. is more than they spent on the game.
>>
>>385710242
>They spent literally 0$ on making the game.

Actually, no, they spent a lot, it was just all bare necessities coming out of Sirlin's pocket (since that's what he can afford). All the income he has right now is a patreon that isn't doing so hot.

Not going out to EVO was out of the fucking question though. The game is already obscure as hell as is, not even trying to market it is death (apparently trying to market it is also death, but whatever).
>>
>>385710242
Don't lie anon, to be fair, I just checked and it did seem like they removed their old trailer for some reason so I can't blame you for not knowing about the copied animations at least, but their old trailer got a ton of hate for clearly copying Oni's ultra from Street Fighter 4's animation, which is probably why they removed the video. I was able to find this video from another channel which shows the latter half of it at least, skip to 0:27 to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMdAKxMGwQQ
>>
>>385710242
>He doesn't know about the mess that was Yomi
I sure loved paying over 100$ for a bloody board game.
>>
Rising Thunder is/was better and that game was trash.

One button special moves will always be a mistake
>>
>>385706895
>Fantasy Strike
Why would I want to play a casual fighting game with no spirit?
Also, sage for shilling.
>>
>>385710934
I don't lie. They use a lot of moves that look like other moves. But they animated it themselves.

The E.Ryu super you think of was an editing trick, they cut Grave's ground and air counter supers to seem like they are one super.

>>385711376
>I sure loved paying over 100$ for a bloody board game.

As far as boardgames go. that's not that expensive

I have the PnP version
>>
>>385711493
One button normals with old style throws is worse. Especially the huge range throws have discouraging using them at all. The game encourages players to spam specials, especially in some match ups which become super bullshit like high level sf2 but with zero skill

Why it doesn't have a throw button I don't know. It is like they came up with yomi counter and refused to see how shit an idea it is. Which would fit the stories about how HDR was made
>>
>>385711779
>You bought the board game
That explains why you're more optimistic for the game.

At the very least you pointed out how it was Evil Ryu's ultra when I said Oni without calling me a retard, so I guess you're not shitposting.

Isn't it suspicious how the animation is so similar? It's basically the same thing frame by frame. The only thing different between them are the glowy effects and the camera is just slightly different.
>>
>>385712126
>Isn't it suspicious how the animation is so similar?

Not really. I'm pretty sure someone had the bright idea to set it up like that in the trailer cause it looks more "epic" or something. The move as it is, as I've said, does not exist in game, and never did.

>>385712097
I have wanted a throw button since day 1, but playing the game, it's absolutely not as bad as you'd think.

>spam specials
>zero skill

come online and get 10-0'd
>>
>>385712274
>it's absolutely not as bad as you'd think.
It is and if the idea is too teach people fighting games it fails by having such a different concept

>spam specials
>zero skill
Many match ups are just awful because characters lack options so get locked down. It is clearly very inspired by SF2 where at high level matches do become a nightmare, but the difference is it takes skill to do that and characters have way more options to deal with stuff anyway. But in FS once you know what special to spam certain characters just get fucked.
>>
>>385713248
>Many match ups are just awful because characters lack options so get locked down
>But in FS once you know what special to spam certain characters just get fucked.

Such as? I'm not saying the game is super-balanced, but most characters are pretty well rounded. Buncha moves got properties primarily to deal with unfair matchups.
>>
I have been, it's pretty good. Real shame about the awful art because it's going to turn scrubs off before they ever give it a serious try. The game feels like what 11ers think sf2 was.
>>
>>385713617
>The game feels like what 11ers think sf2 was.
more what a mediocre old player thinks new players want but no one really cares
>>
>>385710242
>Literally stole moves from Faust and Slayer from Guilty Gear, complete with animations
>Literally stole moves from Nash from SF5
>Stole Crash Bandicoot's spin sound for that wind guy
It's not just Ryu's shoryuken they stole
>>
>>385710242
>>385713949
You forgot Ibuki, literally all the same moves in their ninja slut
>>
>>385714140
The rock guy also has Hugo's clap
>>
>>385714140
Actually, Sestsuki is a mix of Cammy and Ibuki (and Ibuki got the "ninja-kite" in SFV, which is after setsuki appearing in FS).

>>385714243
So does Hulk.

>>385713949
>Slayer

Dandy-step/Pilebunker is a homage, the other animations are changed/being changed.

Geiger was in a build before SFV IIRC.

It's just a fucking generic genocide cutter anyway.

>Stole Crash Bandicoot's spin sound for that wind guy

Now you are just pulling my leg
>>
>>385714374
>Homage
Is it a homage when it is exactly the same?

The crash bandicoot sound is real
>>
>>385714374
>Actually, Sestsuki is a mix of Cammy and Ibuki
You mean she is 90% Ibuki and stole a tiny bit from Cammy, that is still bullshit

Even if we pretend the kite wasn't stolen that still makes him a hack

>Geiger was in a build before SFV
>Nash
>Before SFV

>generic genocide cutter
Please stop undermining your own points
>>
>>385714481
Do you honestly think anyone should care if two different things use the same stock sound effect? That sound was used in cartoons too, do you wanna go tell them they stole it?
>>
>>385714374
Geiger's gear throw is ripped from Seth from SF4
>>
>>385714645
Considering how many other things they are stealing it's safe to say that it's not being used because it's "stock"
>>
>>385714697
>stealing
Referencing animations is not stealing. Stealing would be them taking assets from other things and using them. They made their own animations, that look like animations from other things. Massive difference. You cannot 'steal' a public domain sound effect. It's for anyone to use however they please. That's what makes it public domain.
>>
>>385714481
>Is it a homage when it is exactly the same?

I mean, they could change the animation to that double-fist he does in the counter super, but they don't. It's not because they couldn't, it's a conscious choice they made.

I 100%'d all the Crash games on the PS, and didn't notice that. Not saying you are wrong, but I need to check my ears.

>>385714587
>You mean she is 90% Ibuki and stole a tiny bit from Cammy, that is still bullshit

>Even if we pretend the kite wasn't stolen that still makes him a hack

The kite was "original" in the sense it wasn't on Ibuki yet, but it's a classic ninja move. I wouldn't call having hooligan throw + different supers + kite as "90% ibuki" but w/e.

The entire game is based around classic fighting-game tropes. Rook is "best-of-grapplers", Ibuki is "best-of-ninjas", etc.

I guess I just really don't give a fuck about what's stolen as long as it plays good.

>Geiger was in a build before SFV
>Nash
>Before SFV

See >>385713949

Which is why I replied with that.

>>385714652
Or anyone who does a one handed fireball from the hip.
>>
>>385714997
The only character who has done a one handed fireball from the hip is Seth
>>
Argagarg when?
>>
>>385715353
Didn't Remy do it as well?

And probably at least 2 KoF characters I know nothing about.
>>
File: fscombo.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
fscombo.webm
3MB, 852x480px
don't
>>
>>385715919
That's fucking nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8slG5jn5J2I
>>
File: Jaina.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jaina.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>385713425
Jaina vs Rook is literally a 10-0 matchup
>Rook has an air lariat that is projectile invincible
>But you can still just anti air it and it has a million frames of recovery
>>
>>385714997
>I wouldn't call
I would
https://twitter.com/defunctzone/status/891067144892334081
and this video didn't even show everything.

>The entire game is based around classic fighting-game tropes.
Nigger most fighting games feature the same archetypes but don't lift moves wholesale. Even games that make references don't steal in this quantity and so directly. This is simply a complete lack of creativity, which the awful character designs help prove even more.

>Which is why I replied with that.
And now again you are side stepping he had most of those moves before.
>>
I really dislike how it looks and moves. That enough for me to not try it.
>>
I only played it once. With rock grappler dude.

>Just Gief with a skin
>Even flat out faintly says YOU CAN'T ESCAPE like Alex.
>His forward kick has some fucking wonky hitbox going for it
>>
>>385716123
Rook is expected to get hit on the way in a few times, that's why he has more health.

It has never been worse than 7-3 and is probably around 6-4 right now.
>>
>>385716312
I've literally never lost to a Rook and I only ever get rounds taken off me if I'm barely paying attention or if I get bored of Jaina's horrendous gameplay and starting fucking around
>>
>>385714587
Nash didn't have the sonic scythe until 5
>>
>>385716135
>I would

ok

>Nigger most fighting games feature the same archetypes but don't lift moves wholesale. Even games that make references don't steal in this quantity and so directly. Even games that make references don't steal in this quantity and so directly.

KoF literally has "shoto in orange gi".

> This is simply a complete lack of creativity, which the awful character designs help prove even more.

Sure. I don't like the character designs either. I just don't get why originality is such a huge fucking deal when the game is admittedly trying to be a simpler SFII.

>And now again you are side stepping he had most of those moves before.

I replied for SFV explicitly because that poster used it as an example.

I bet I could find 5 other "circular up-kick" if I looked though.

>>385716470
It's almost as if it's a free weekend with noobs trying to get easy wins with a noob-friendly grappler. Rook vs Jaina requires matchup knowledge that these players just won't have, on account of probably playing the game for less than a day, if not less than a few hours.
>>
I did it got really boring really fast. Chars felt incredibly limited, it was slow (not paced, the actual animations) and I really don't like the energy system at all.
One of the characters literally just being Slayer with a ranged grab was also just sad.
>>
File: 1500829661747.jpg (122KB, 1032x669px) Image search: [Google]
1500829661747.jpg
122KB, 1032x669px
Play UNIst
>>
>>385716894
shit game
>>
>>385716894
When I buy it. Sure.
>>
>>385716706
>kof has shoto in orange gi
have you ever played art of fighting? if yes you should be aware how it plays different from sf2
>>
>>385716894
its dead and i dont care enough to download discord or whatever it is people use to make matches.
unless there was some new version i dont know about
>>
>>385717029
Buy it
>>385716942
You're wrong
>>
>>385717126
Eventually.
>>
>>385717126
its shit and buried in the trash bin with other flavor of the week games like skullgirls
>>
>>385717146
Do it.
>>
>>385716123
clap also destroys projectiles
>>
>>385717037
>have you ever played art of fighting? if yes you should be aware how it plays different from sf2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3jLI27ajDA

Because this obviously plays like Ryou
>>
>>385715919
post more webms
>>
File: saviour.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
saviour.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>385718707
>>
File: PILE BUNKER.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
PILE BUNKER.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>385718707
>>
This game is out already?
>>
>>385720807
Free (pre-alpha) weekend with online... should have a few more hours left.
>>
>>385720002
>>385720438
What a trash health system, can it go any higher?
>>
File: casually approach child.jpg (210KB, 483x850px) Image search: [Google]
casually approach child.jpg
210KB, 483x850px
>>385720002
>slowly walks away
oh god
>>
Does this have 1-button special moves like RoT?
I'm sold if it does.
>>
>>385721378
Yes
>>
>>385721042
Combo damage?

Valerie has a combo that can potentially do 8 damage IIRC (nobody has 8 health).

>>385721378
Yes.
>>
Is it even possible to have a time out? Looks like one jump in does more than 70% of damage.
>>
>>385721640
They are rare as fuck.

Jump-ins usually do about 50%, yes.
>>
>>385721682
>Jump-ins usually do about 50%, yes.
Well that is sure gonna help casuals get good, instead of dealing with a 3 hit combo they will lose most of their life in one hit
>>
>>385721542
9 damage. Also, Rook has 8 health.
>>
>>385722045
I meant a jump-in combo that's usually 3 moves/hits. That happens to be exactly half health for most of the cast.

A single "hit" does 3 at best (rook ground super), I think.
>>
>>385722368
I think you completely missed my point.

In SF the casual will do j.hk. cr.mp. qcf p. Small combo low damage, they aren't punished too hard. Here anyone will do 50%, small combo big damage. This means fuck up two aas (something casuals struggle with) and dead. That is not going to help a player who is learning. Even having more rounds won't solve that as losing around easily puts people on tilt, they will just feel like they are loosing more and it breaks the flow of a match.
>>
>>385722659
AAs are actually good (and one button) in FS though. They are not hard to do, usually.

Also, that's exactly why you need 4 wins for a set, not just 2 or 3, because rounds go by fast.
>>
>>385722876
>AAs are actually good
nope >>385707531 plus fire chicks dp actually takes a stock of life. Ignoring that casuals still suck at aa and this doesn't help them. Not even like jump ins are the only high damage in this game, they lose life quick in general

>Also, that's exactly why you need 4 wins for a set
>Even having more rounds won't solve that as losing around easily puts people on tilt, they will just feel like they are loosing more and it breaks the flow of a match.
Even with multiple rounds high damage games are always harsh for new players
>>
>>385723170
>nope >>385707531
That was not an anti air, that was a botched super punish.

>plus fire chicks dp actually takes a stock of life.

As opposed to 3 from eating a jump-in. In exchange it's extremely good, and you are playing a keepaway anyway. Geiger and Grave have much better reversals.

> Ignoring that casuals still suck at aa and this doesn't help them. Not even like jump ins are the only high damage in this game, they lose life quick in general

Casuals also suck at combos, so it evens out.
>>
>>385723465
>That was not an anti air,
Character was airborne, to hit that character with a move starting from the ground is an anti air.

>As opposed to 3 from eating a jump-in
And they get punished for dp at the wrong time which you can bait. The risk of her dp (which has a pretty wonky hitbox anyway) is high which discourages it. Again this does not change that casuals are bad at it aas or that high damage exists outside of jumpins.

>Casuals also suck at combos
The whole point of this game is it makes them easier for everyone so every casual will do max damage from the start. Like did you just forget the whole point of the game? You just figured out why normal fighting games are the way they are.
>>
File: Yomi_Setsuki_Char.png (265KB, 279x388px) Image search: [Google]
Yomi_Setsuki_Char.png
265KB, 279x388px
post waifus
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.