[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foxhole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 26

File: header.jpg (29KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
29KB, 460x215px
Just saw this on steam and it looks interesting, anyone playing it? opinions?
>>
>>385706293
literally what is it
>>
>>385706503
I don't know, just watched the couple videos on steam, it's like an isometric shooter in a persistent world, dunno how persistent or how that works but apparently people can take roles and shit, some dude builds fortifications, other dude is in charge of transportation, there's tank squads, special ops squads. It's in early access so it might be shit I don't know, just wanted to check if any of you tried it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSYkt6fzrQ
>>
>>385706293
>>385706701

Yeah I played it when it was in pre alpha, it was actually kinda fun. Working in teams is a must and people were actually doing that too which was good.
>>
>>385706293
early access + multiplayer only + no free option seems like a recipe for a dead game once the launch hype dies down
>>
>>385706701
looks interesting Tbh but how many people would actually work together and shit. is it a top down planetside?
>>
>>385708131
it's top down planetside but with actual supply lines

everything in the game has to be crafted by players so that players can use it

you need ammo? salvage shit, craft the ammo, deliver it to the frontlines

you want a tank? build the parts, build the tank

you got artillery that needs spotters and has to be handled by at least two people
your tanks and halftracks and such need to be properly manned and work together

you build foxholes that will automatically shoot at enemies, thereby establishing frontlines and stopping random infantry from just running around

also the "matches" on the servers can take a day or more to end, usually more.
a "match" or war will run on the server whether you are playing or not. and once one side wins the war, it resets on a different map usually

they got ingame text chat and proximity voice and you use discord channels to do the big strategy stuff

i joined a random server in alpha and talked to some people and then spent 6 hours driving around with a half truck and doing artillery.
the artillery was some of the most fun i ever had. we had our own discord channel and squadleaders would come into it and request fire support. our spotter would help us aim and then we'd take out tons of enemy shit. one time the squad leader came into channel and said "my boys are telling me you guys just saved all our asses,i'd buy you a beer if i could, cheers" after we had taken out advancing half tracks

the game is legit FUN, but you NEED to be kinda social and it lives and dies through it's community
>>
>>385708131
Interestingly.enough
Ppl do work together ingame
They talk and all that kind of shit
Since there is no experience system, you dont really gets rewarded for an activity or the other
Rather, you can get commended by fellow players and get ( arguably useless)
Benefit like creating a squad or becoming commander

Since there is no reward for a specific task, you just do whatever the team needs which is either fighting, doing logistics by trucking resources around supply lines, gathering resources or building defenses
>>
just saw some stream on it and one guy tried to coordinate everyone by giving polite instructions. the replies from other players were: shut the fuck up, i do what i want, fuck you retard, and more shut the fuck ups
>>
>>385710072
That's rare or made up
>>
>>385710072
>Obeying streamers
PUBG is that way
>>
>>385710072
yep,that's what happens when you open the floodgates to streamer viewers

luckily those "do what i want" players will die ineffictively and stop playing the game very quickly
>>
>>385710159
LITERALLY just saw it on two different streams
>>385710182
no, the other guy was giving orders, not the streamer
>>
>>385706293
It's fun as hell but really time consuming though.
>>
>>385710072
Literally never saw this happening
People either ignore retards trying to play command or just flock to someone giving ideas about what to do

Generally its a mix of both
>>
>>385710206
And I LITERALLY have played the game for many hours. Most of the community cooperates
>>
File: 130221984383.png (84KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.png
84KB, 299x288px
>>385706293
This game only got average 100 people playing in off day when its still F2P, how the hell it got blew up now once it went P2P?
>>
>>385710337
streamers.

lirik played it, had 30k+ people watching

game also shows up on frontpage of steam
>>
>>385710396
Are you suggesting no streamer care about this game when its still free?
>>
>>385708131
currently about 10 out of 25 servers are full (100~120 people per server), the rests are half full.
>>
>>385710448
absolutely.
the game had no marketing to it. it was never streamed by big streamers.
now it's out, the devs gave it to some streamers to promote and lo and behold you suddenly have almost 5k concurrent player peak on steam
>>
Hmm, are the developers working on new shit to add into this game ?
>>
>>385706293
Holy shit this looks amazing.
>>
>>385710535
yes
the game has proper tanks now for example
the maps look much better and there are new ones

game is being updated nicely and now they finally got revenue coming in too
>>
File: kb12.jpg (14KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
kb12.jpg
14KB, 500x329px
Already bought and refunded.

Shallow gameplay even with friends.

Combat is extremely repetitive and supply lines are useless if even one other person is already running them.

Avoid it my dudes, you will thank me later.
>>
>>385710535
More tanks are getting added i think. Right now only light tanks are in the game.
>>
FOX...DIE?
>>
>>385710595
t. literal retard
>>
>>385710595
>Supply lines are useless
What am I reading?
>>
File: Tired_of_your_shit.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tired_of_your_shit.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>385710765
Stay mad faggot. Your game is shallow and repetitive.
>>
>>385710595
i want to see one person "running supply line" for his entire faction

"oh hey let me just salvage, craft and deliver every single piece of equipment and ammo to the entire army by myself. np mates"
>>
>>385709537
>>385709860
Sounds cool Tbh, I like that whole entire battle is continuous like planetside. might check it out since its cheap
>>
>>385710595
If you already have plenty of people running supply then build shit
If you dont want to build shit, go fight
If there is no intense fight, play commando and destroy convoys, this is great with friends and actually fucks your enemy

You probably played for 15 mins then refunded
>>
So what sorta weapons can you use?
>>
>>385711036
yeah that guy has no idea what he is talking about

there is always something to do in this game that will help towards winning the map
>>
>>385710585
>>385710645
interesting, can I repair tanks and other stuff ?
>>
>>385711170
rifles, smgs, hmgs, rocket launchers, grenades, TNT, snipers, hand shovel, etc..
>>
Is this similar to pubg?

Because that game is great
>>
>>385711197
yes and it's really important

you need material to repair but just carrying it around takes up huge inventory space so you will have "mobile repair crews" with a truck loaded with material that follow behind the vehicles and other things and they will repair shit while new material is being ferried to them from the supply crews

you also need to supply the vehicles and such with ammo

basically, the game has proper supply chains and nothing in it is just infinite

if you accidentally throw a grenade somewhere, your entire team just lost a grenade
>>
>>385710072
Much like RO/2/RS/RS2 those players don't tend to last long. They aren't accustomed to the idea of listening to orders/organizing squads and just want the arcade action which will bore them quickly. The only people who stick around for games like these are people who understand the chain of command systems at least on a basic level.
>>
>>385711345
how does cover/terrain work?

can you artillery barrage to provide crater hole cover for your troops?
>>
>>385710595
>I didn't even complete a single match and then refunded. Heed my words!
>>
>>385711345
how do I get resources ? do I must mine rocks for metal ?
>>
>>385711456
I saw craters but never tried to see if they offered protection
>>
>>385711456
there is line of sight, so if you don't see someone they don't show up on your screen

you can lie down in craters and such to hide, yes

artillery will FUCK UP the landscape
houses turn into ruins, craters everywhere, fences and bushes get destroyed.
literally big battles turn the world into almost no man's land

then people build walls and barbed wire and foxholes everywhere, creating small "forts" or even shit that's basically a fucking "castle" and you siege that shit for like 6 hours trying to break through
>>
>>385711574
there are "scrap" yards around the map (and you can scrap equipment) which you basically mine and then take the scrap to a refinery, turn it into material and then craft at factories.

this is why places that have these are really important to defend.
>>
fuck I was about to buy this game, I guess I'll just wait to see if it holds
>>
>>385711686
What?
Nigger, its good
>>
>>385711686
the community will never be as big again as it is now

if you want to jump in,now is the best time

find yourself a group to play with and stick with them
>>
>>385711660
oh man, that sounds just to good ! I had bad experience with early access games and that's why I don't know if I should buy this game
>>
Read an article about this the other day and it sounded cool. Like one dude just spent the whole time manufacturing ammo, one guy had to supply it to the front lines etc.
Will definitely keep an eye on it.
>>
>>385712053
there are clean up crews too
vehicles that are destroyed leave behind their wreckage which can be turned into scrap and refined.
can also pick up shit from dead enemies to use or scrap again
>>
how does supplies work?
can i just truck around the map all day?
>>
>>385712531
supplies work like this:

scrap is "mined" and transported to refinery
refinery turns scrap into material
material is either used to build stuff or brought to factory to be crafted
build stuff = walls,barbed wire, foxholes, gates, stationary artillery,vehicles,tanks etc..
craft stuff = weapons, grenades, ammo, items, etc...
the crafted stuff is then transported by trucks to the frontline outposts where it is stored and can be used by everyone
you can also lock outposts/trucks/barracks/supply storage to certain squads

also barracks are important cause that's where people spawn but to spawn the barracks needs to have uniforms and basic supplies which need to be crafted and constantl refilled as people keep spawning and taking them away

to quickly answer: if you want to be a truck driver and deliver shit around the map, you absolutely can. just need to communicate with the supply teams
>>
>>385712531
Yes. I ran troops from yhe Hq to the front for hours. Shit was really fun accually.
>>
>>385712758
you get to meet a lot of people when transporting troops as a taxi service.

the proximity chat, just like in planetside, adds A LOT

people will have been fighting in one place for like 3 hours and you join up and talk in proxi chat and everyone has a story to tell
>>
So the jist of what I am getting is its Mount & Blade: Napoleonic warfare meets Planetside but in Isometric. Seems intredasting but can't be 100% certain since it also seems very niche and only hardcore people will play. Those that get butt destroyed if you don't do a every little thing right or say "Sir yes sir" when they issue orders.
>>
>>385713509
Yeah but that's kind of the point. No one wants to play with people who want to gungho or fuck around needlessly. The appeal to a sim game is slow methodical gameplay and large-scale teamwork.
>>
>>385712851
driving troops and logistics around, i can understand from the truck simulator angle

but mining/scavenging nodes sounds like something that would work better with NPC miners that you have to protect from commando raids.
>>
>>385713580
Right I get that, and I am fine with that. What I am not fine with is some basement dwelling neckbeard living out their military fantasies by losing their shit because I didn't do exactly what they said to the t.
>>
>>385713608
some people just love mining son
>>
>>385713720
how is the mining?
>>
>>385713720
see, I can understand mining when it involves digging deep into the earth and exploring with mineshafts, but from what i've seen it just looks like surface node extraction.
>>
>>385706293
Looks like garbage for those who like Overwatch. Play Paladins instead.
>>
>>385713873
you hold left click till your inventory is full
>>
>>385713720
Elite dangerous player here. I fucking LOVE mining and would have no problems being a miner or supply line troop in this game. Shits fun.
>>
>>385713921
these bots are getting dumber

>>385713918
yep that's what it is
i never mined in this, but must be some people who like it
>>
>>385713921
>Paladins

What else? Maybe you will recomend him to play League of Legends?
>>
>>385713942
can you describe what you enjoy about it?
I can remember enjoying the scanning and prospecting for rich Ore, silicon and Nividium asteroids in X3, but this doesn't seem to have that.
>>
>>385710595
Daily reminder you need to have played less than 2 hours to refund.
This game takes a lot more to get into.
>>
>>385713921
This is the most bot-like post I've ever seen.
>>
>>385706293
Hey guys just bought the game and watched these tutorial videos. he outlines strategy based on map and basic conceptual things and how to craft, where supply lines will be, where the chokes will be and how to be effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7SLPVKnCt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cATETi8IMw&t=623s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuGLzMZjtF4&t=43s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DLm519-Qlk

Enjoy lads
>>
>>385714075
The relaxation of it. It is just mindless entertainment for me. In a war situation I can understand if there is some stress involved but generally it, for me, is just a lot more relaxing.

I also handled resupplying in Blackwake. When I did handle canon firing I was good at it, but people are idiots and don't resupply themselves so I did it.
>>
>>385714127
Looks like Paladins is not a great fit for you, have you tried League of Legends yet Anon?
>>
>>385714160
t. KrazyFlyinChicken
>>
File: goodfellasgoodlaughs.jpg (36KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
goodfellasgoodlaughs.jpg
36KB, 620x445px
>>385714160
>MAMMA MIA IT'S AN AMBUSH
>>
>>385713921
this
>>
>>385706293
Looks like garbage for those who like Overwatch. Play Paladins instead.
>>
>>385714446
>>385714507
I am barely playing for like 30 minutes and those videos by themselves helped me understand the game.
>>
So is this basically Running with Rifles but with crafting?
>>
Is it fun to play solo? Without a group of friends?
>>
>>385714805
in a way. it has a LOT more to it than running with rifles though

>>385714824
Only if you socialize with others on your team and try to find a place that needs to be filled.
generally if you say "hey guys, free soldier here, where to help?" people will tell you where and you go from there
>>
>>385713921
this
>>
Just spent 35 on the past 3 days playing on the able3 server. Its fucking fun but damn the battles can last for literally 10+ hours and its extremely fucking important to run logistics and build defenses or else youll get fucked.
>>
it's shit
I hate it a lot
my friends forced me to buy it cause im a cuck
literally grind materials all day to build a tank, get tank killed casue nobody repairs it
5 houirs, 2 mins of fun
great fucking game
autism simulator
>>
>>385715056
why would you build your own tank?`
let the supply boys do it
>>
>>385715201
nobody on my server is running supplies
>>
Is it actually worth picking up every bit of loot I can from battles and taking them back to the nearest hall/post? It seems like I'm the only one doing it.
>>
>>385715283
you're playing "clean up crew"
you are helping the war effort by recycling material
every bullet counts
good job soldier

>>385715276
organize some dudes and get it running and you'll pump out tanks in no time
>>
>>385715283
Not really, its only useful when your defending your last town and are surrounded. But you should always pick up explosives of any sort and binocs
>>
>>385715358
>organize dudes
fuck that i'd rather do literally anything else
>>
is there some sort of level up system or rank based unlock shit?
do i get decent whatevers doing mining and supply runs?
>>
>>385715276
this is the concern i have
I understand that a number of people enjoy this, but those people aren't always going to be online, or enough of them, and everyone else is dependent on them to fuel the war effort.

I don't want to join a server and everything has gone to shit because nobody wants to harvest nodes because that's not their idea of fun.
>>
>>385706293
>persistent

another meme game?
>>
>>385715478
no, no upgrades or unlocks

you do get promoted if other people commend yu and it allows you to create your own squads and such
>>
gonna sell some skins and shit and check this game out
>>
>>385715497
persistent just means that if you play on a server and come back 20 hours later your shit is still there, unless the match was finished and reset which usually takes days if not longer
>>
>>385716378
how does a match end?
>>
>>385713720
Was playing last night. Some guy build a fuel depo and all he did was mine the fuel and fortify the area for about 8 hours.

All i did was build trucks for 5 hours. Its a fun grind.
>>
>>385716525
if you take the enemies base
>>
>>385716724
and the cool thing is that you aren't grinding and creating items for some bottomless NPC marketplace or something

every truck you built did something
whether it ferried a squad to the frontline or brought ammo somewhere or even got blown up and provided cover for some guys, every truck you spent the time making did at least SOMETHING

it feels very satisfying
>>
>>385713921
this
>>
Streamerbait that'll be dead in a couple of months
>>
>>385717672
>a slow, grindy and 100% teamwork dependent game
>streamerbait

kys
>>
>get into foxhole
>be completely invincible to all enemies around you, as long as they don't have explosives
>>
>>385717745
They should have explosives. This game running around with he nads or satchle charges is almost as important as having a gun.
>>
>>385717745
normal bullets can destroy foxholes, it just takes a lot of them

an HMG on a half track for example can destroy one in about 5 seconds of concentrated fire
>>
File: 1485047520285.png (6KB, 306x290px) Image search: [Google]
1485047520285.png
6KB, 306x290px
>was interested in a WW game after watching Dunkirk
>see this
>check out some vids
>seems interesting
>buy it
>the first thing I saw when I reached a firefight was a guy screaming "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, momma, momma, momma" while he was bleeding out
>>
>>385718708
kkek what the fuck
>>
File: 505460_20170729044327_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
505460_20170729044327_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
got 30 hours in over the weekend and spent the time I wasn't playing shilling it to my friends, hope it takes off

fuckin stupid that you can't make a squad without one of you leveling up first though, having friends on Discord to organize with makes it much more fun

seems like we might have enough people here for a /vg/ general, or a discord

>tfw watching tanks roll out to the fight, knowing deep in your heart that your efforts collecting materials and fuel helped build those, if even a little bit
>>
how moddable is it?
I'd love Imperial Guard vs Orks
>>
>>385718708
>>385718727
some people get REALLY into this game and make it more fun for everyone else

>>385718742
feels good right?
even better when you build your own rifle and kill someone with it
>>
>>385719021
don't think it has any mod support, game isn't even properly released yet
>>
File: 1484759477559.jpg (13KB, 259x206px) Image search: [Google]
1484759477559.jpg
13KB, 259x206px
I don't post much but honestly speaking, this is the most fun I've had in a while. One thing I really like is how you don't have to try as hard as other games so there's not that much stress to do shit. Right now I'm assuming the role of a a taxi driver and it's pretty comfy desu.
>>
>>385713921
this
>>
File: 1442715161595.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1442715161595.png
18KB, 509x411px
>>385718708
>>
bought player 1 hour, refunder

honestly don't bother, too much logistic crafting bullshit and then they make most basic shittiest combat
>>
>>385721501
let me guess, you thought you had to make your own shit and you didn't communicate with anyone at all and grabbed some stuff from the barracks at the frontlines and went to fight?
>>
>>385721576
game isn't fun playing alone
>>
>>385721656
gotta talk to your team

proximity chat, discord, text chat, it's all there
you're never alone in this
>>
>>385710595
This, honestly. The game takes way too much effort and time to become enjoyable. By the time you walk to your nearest base (because the game fucking spawns you in the middle of nowhere, in very specific spots which people can camp and kill you from), scavenged shit to make your equipment (because nobody likes sharing shit), and made your way to the nearest battle on foot (because almost nobody stops to give you a ride ever no matter how much you ask), you've already wasted around half an hour. If you die in a fight (which is easy), you lose everything you have and spawn all the way back in, you guessed it, the middle of fucking nowhere. And don't even get me started on the hassle that is to build a vehicle of your own and fill it with gas.
Also, if someone parks a truck in front of a gate and blocks it, supplies are delayed for a very long fucking time, until someone realizes they can just blow it up by shooting at it, which will obviously piss someone off.
Unless you're a NEET with a lot of time in your hands, you won't have fun, but /v/ will meme it into being a "good game" because it isn't popular anyway.
>>
>>385721923
you can spawn at barracks or back at your homebase
you never HAVE to spawn in the wilderness
you can get equipment basically everywhere cause people stock it in factories or barracks and such
everything else is communication. join a squad, talk to people and stick together
>>
>>385721923
Something that people in this thread seem to conveniently look over is how fucking long it actually takes to get prepared to fight, and moving to the front, which takes way more time than what you'll spend actually fighting or delivering supplies.
Also, fucking limited stamina. Limited stamina that's affected by your equipment load. In a game that spawns you as far away from anything as possible every time. Are you fucking shitting me? The maps are Battlefield-tier huge.
>>
>>385722103
you don't spawn in the wilderness if you don't select that as your spawn point.

you can spawn in the home base or at any other barracks/town hall your team holds.
you just have to go there and make it your spawn point.
>>
>>385722074
>>385722228
>you can spawn at barracks or back at your homebase
Yeah, if you find any supplies in the myriad of empty barracks accross the map, which pretty much never happens.. The only ones that actually have any in them are almost always squad-locked, so you can't use them at all. It's a fucking mess.
So no, you'll be spawning in the wilderness a lot unless you don't spend a good chunk of your playtime mining and crafting shit, which gameplay consists of nothing but holding M1 on scrap heaps and running back and forth to your crafting bases. And that's without counting the people that steal your shit if you don't find a good place to hide it.
Yes, I did play with a few friends. In all the countless hours of footage I've recorded, I think the time actually spent fighting was under 20 minutes.
Early access was a fucking bore.
>>
>>385722407
why are you not in the squad the barracks belongs to? go on discord, join a squad. get yourself some orders and do your part.
i have never crafted anything myself in this, all i do is fight
>>
>>385722639
>Join a squad
You're implying I didn't. Most people don't even know how to make one, and all the ones that did were either not contributing to the supplies or were straight up just running around the base fucking around all day.
>go on discord
Christ.
>>
>>385722776
the game literally tells you to go on the discord for your server/faction

it helps a lot
>>
>>385706293
most servers are nice and have competent logistics, some don't.
>>
>>385706293
/v/ really fucking needs poster ID's, holy shit
>tfw running around the enemy's roads, picking off isolated people with the rifle and then teabagging them
>>
>>385709537
>everything in the game has to be crafted by players so that players can use it
>you need ammo? salvage shit, craft the ammo, deliver it to the frontlines
>you want a tank? build the parts, build the tank

Thats fucking retarded, i hate this crafting meme and now they put it into a fucking WWII where it makes no sense. Supplies like that are made in the home country and shipped over like in WWII, from the factories to the frontlines, not having soldiers craft their own on site thats retarded. Logistic and supply make sense if its transporting ammo and material from a depot but actually having to craft it on site is plain retarded.

I fucking hate this crafting meme that has taken over vidya, its the most tedious and annoying shit. Running supplies and logistics in the game sounds fun but not if you have to craft shit like its fucking minecraft in WWII.
>>
>>385723360
Alright, then you can go play one of the 7000 WWII games that do just that.
>>
>>385710072
I've never seen impolite people, but I did see someone with a twitch URL and he was a dick. Almost stole my truck.

>>385723360
Think about it this way - the game will unite autists and casual shooters both, and make the whole experience fun and unique. Where else can you raid enemy supply lines and take their stuff in the dark of night, evading enemy defenses and troops?

But IMO at enough tech level you should be able to build structures that generate materials automatically. Or remove the whole refining process altogether.
>>
>>385723856
>But IMO at enough tech level you should be able to build structures that generate materials automatically. Or remove the whole refining process altogether.
this is what i'm holding out for, the combat of the game relies on a foundation of industrialised autism, and there may not be enough of them online to help the war effort
>>
>>385721923
in 26 hours playing this has never even come close to happening for me, save for one instance: the enemy having taken over most of the map, and the fighting being near my home base, which meant spawning there was the quickest way to get to the fight

Supplies are really easy to make, they only require your team to own towns with scrap deposits, refineries and supply factories. Even the least competent logistics crew can churn out supplies and deliver them where they're needed, whether that be the town that's closest to the fight or an outpost (you know, the building that can't be squad-locked) near the town your team's trying to take

Are you seriously saying you built crates of guns from refined materials every time you spawned? That the stockpile at your homebase/town didn't have any guns or ammo? That you couldn't just hoof it to the fight and pick up guns there, since frontlines are constantly littered with corpses of people who bring equipment?

I'd love to know -how- your game got to that point, because I agree that's a bad experience and the devs should know about how bad it can get.
>>
>>385720110
Shasta is that you?
>>
So tempted to buy it but

>wishlist top 5 is all sub 20 buck games

At least it has more players than RWR ever had or will have
>>
Is this player vs AI? Like 100 people vs AI?
This is probably the stupidest question and almost guaranteed to be PvP, but it doesn't answer this question anywhere.
>>
>>385726901

It's 60vs60 PVP

I'm playing it since yesterday, I'm having a lot of fun actually. It's certainly one of the better games of 2017.
>>
ITT : people who haven't even played the game shitting on it

It's actually a good game if you're autistic as fuck and like base buildan and logistic supplying your team. Played 6 hours so far and shit is cash
>>
Did they ever add the option to ping stuff? I'm too much of an autist for voice chat ;w;
>>
>>385727229
I do love base building. How's that aspect, the posts make it sound like there are capture points and just foxholes to build for the base side.
>>
>>385727010
Yeah, saw it in the Steam store and it looked very interesting.
I just hope the playerbase will be active for a longer time.

Waiting to sell some 56 sacks of gems on the community market to buy this game.
>>
>>385727465
Not that guy but there's a lot of stuff to build. Even outside a couple big buildings like town halls and barracks, there's sandbags, walls, pillboxes, gun nests, watch towers and turrets. You can build outposts too.
>>
>>385727010
>call it a mmo
>60 vs 60

fuck game devs
>>
>>385727229
Even if you don't like logistics or building the combat is pretty fun. Feels great when you take place in a 30 man charge.
>>
So, can you have fun without communicating with the rest of the autists?
>>
>>385727778
yea, shame i gotta pick up rocks for an hour just to die 10 seconds into a fight.
>>
>>385727857
You could run supplies by your self. Just check what the Hq/outposts need and stock up. You could grind out basic mats also. I wouldn't recommend solo combat atleast follow someone.
>>
>>385728028
>run supplies
he said fun not busy
>>
Just bought it, what server we on boys?
>>
>>385727920
Litteraly never an issue. So many people run supplies maybe even to many. Just stock up at the hq or outpost.
>>
>>385727920
Even if you were an absolute retard that doesn't just get a rifle from the town hall, it takes like five minutes to make your supplies from scratch.
>>
File: 1500926983601.jpg (107KB, 601x545px) Image search: [Google]
1500926983601.jpg
107KB, 601x545px
This is the only game where I don't feel like a huge fag for roleplaying

>Get shot
>Bleed out
>Enemy soldier walks up to me and pulls out his pistol
>"Pull the trigger, do it, DO IT!"

It's a fun time.
>>
>>385728646
why would the enemy soldier know your language
>>
>>385728853
Sometimes war has a language of its own.
>>
>>385728646
Gay.
>>
>>385728296
>it takes like five minutes to make your supplies from scratch
Five minutes to run over to the nearest scrapyard
Five minutes to collect enough shit to build a rifle + ammo + grenades + first aid + binos (because fuck not being able to see where bullets are coming from
Five minutes to build all of it because the queue is full due to other people waiting for shit to be built
Five minutes wasted trying to get someone to give you a ride to the nearest battle
Five minutes driving
Five minutes fighting, then you die
Rinse and repeat.
>>
File: 81-aY+af1TL._SL1500_.jpg (345KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81-aY+af1TL._SL1500_.jpg
345KB, 1500x1500px
>>385729183
So... get good and don't die?
>>
>>385729183
>go to hq closet to front line
>set spawnpoint there
>get guns and weapons from the hq
>head to front lines

When im pushing it only ever takes me about 2 mins at most to get back in the battle. You sould not be trying to preform all the tasks at once.
>>
>>385729471
whats the point in getting gud at a shitty rock-collecting game
>>
>>385729471
More like get a better taste, you fucking shill. BnS and RWR are way more fun than this garbage.
>>
>>385727745

I don't know what they are thinking. But the game is good.
>>
All anyone ever does in this game is wall everything off from the enemies. Its kinda boring and repetitive.
>>
File: mea culpa.png (317KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mea culpa.png
317KB, 800x800px
>>385706293
>people complain about why there isn't a transport troops line from the base to the front
>grab a manufacter nigga, ask him if i can get materials, he "refuse" but he helped me to gather scrap ,fuel yard and trip to the factory
>start grabbing people off the base and send them to the front lines
>"oh shit man, you are the fucking greatest"
>keep doing it until we win the fucking battle on this current map
>mfw
Why doing shitty jobs is still so fucking fun
>>
>>385729709
and then you blow up their walls and laugh
>>
>>385729471
Honestly this. I dont know if everyone is just new to the game but fuck are they bad. Amazing how in cover baced combat no one takes cover.
>>
>>385729543
>Limited respawns per HQ
Yeah no.
>>
>>385730051

on a good server you have people supplying the HQs you fucking n00b
>>
File: 1464554594645.png (485KB, 680x581px) Image search: [Google]
1464554594645.png
485KB, 680x581px
>>385728646
>Dying, enemy soldiers walks up to me, have a mic open
>i call them out
>"Yeah scum, what do you want?"
>"Suck my warden's dick, you stupid fucks"
>entire enemy squad shot me
I had a pretty good laugh.
>>
>>385730073
>Blindly defending a game that just came out
>Calling anyone who criticize it a noob who hasn't played it
I've been playing since early access, you stupid fucking faggot.
Also, you talk like an outsider. Smells like shill to me.
>>
>>385730321

>Also, you talk like an outsider. Smells like shill to me

you must be fucking new here
>>
File: runningwithoutplayers.jpg (30KB, 730x187px) Image search: [Google]
runningwithoutplayers.jpg
30KB, 730x187px
>>385729582
Imagine the state of the RWR "community."

>spend years sucking off their shit game
>loudly scream that the game is perfect whenever someone points out the many flaws
>literally have an irc squad dedicated to downvoting negative reviews and shilling in the game's forums
>...
>...
>...
>their garbage games dies and some nearly identical but better game does THREE TIMES as well in just a couple days.
>>
>>385730428

I had fun playing RWR but hearing that kinda sucks.
>>
can I be a medic in this game? is it fun?
>>
>>385731895
Yes. Yes.
>>
The marketers are out in full force on this one.

Trash early access game, pass.
>>
>>385730036
I just think walls should cost more mats or some shit so there would be less of them
>>
Anyone who has the game already wanna join up together on a server for a bit?
>>
I like foxholes. But, I don't know how long it will last. Even when it was free, it was dead on non-peak hours. Not convinced it won't be the same after a few weeks.
>>
>>385732379
The game is far more popular now than it ever was in free alpha, weirdly enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 1024x1024px
This is some hardcore shilling
>>
File: 1501099584069.jpg (134KB, 950x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501099584069.jpg
134KB, 950x1024px
>>385732676
dumb trumpposter
>>
>>385712531
>Playing Euro Truck Simulator: Warfare trucking

I do supplies lines for my faction almost all day, i usually put country music on my speaker and mic so they know i am coming when they hear country music in the distance.

Also is fun to just pick up people who need a ride to base and have some small talk with them, i basically became a bus/trucker
>>
>>385732848

Sometimes you gotta make your own fun.
>>
>>385732048
Maybe it's just a good game and people want to talk about it
>>
File: TanyaHoward.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TanyaHoward.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>>385732676

>discussing video games on /v/
>shilling
>>
>>385734686
Can I have a key please?
>>
>>385729709

>230 people in the queue to play campaing

why
>>
>its a logistics cuck gets uppity at his masters episode
Fucking autists need to be taught their place constantly or they'll start ruining shit, if I see one more monkey making a fucking tank when we cant even supply shells to a single tank currently I'm going to go on a holocaust.
>>
>>385713921
this
>>
File: 1498483956008.gif (128KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1498483956008.gif
128KB, 300x225px
>>385707340
In my eyes, games that can successfully make players Roleplay without them feeling like theyre "RPing" are truly great. I like to think of it as Natural Roleplay or a Soft Roleplay. My biggest experience was ArcheAge and its profession system.

Wish more games influenced natural roleplaying.
>>
>>385706293
I tried playing the alpha or beta or whatever when it was free on my toaster, had shit frames even though the game looked like garbage
>>
Any air support or plans to add it in?
>>
File: Foxhole.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Foxhole.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I'm having a lot of fun with the game, have 20 hours on it
it's also one of the few games where I think top down perspective works
>>
>>385734686
What would it take for Tanya Howard to let me fuck her?
>>
>>385735226
preorder Skyrim Switch
>>
I know this has nothing to do with the game but I just wanted to ask because I don't know a lot about animals
why do foxes exist?I mean seriously,do they do anything besides being weird dogs?
>>
>>385735226
Mod her into Skyrim.
>>
>>385735310
I don't own a switch :(
>>
>>385709537
I thought the tanks and ammo were made in factories at homeland
>>
File: fox-hunting_2772078b[1].jpg (85KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
fox-hunting_2772078b[1].jpg
85KB, 620x387px
>>385735339
they get hunted for a jolly good show
>>
>>385736103
>be fox
>get shot
>>
File: 1384848789370.jpg (250KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1384848789370.jpg
250KB, 600x600px
>me and squad heading to set up and ambush and attack small camp of supplies
>truck comes and opens the gate
>we destroy the truck and the gate can't close
>kill everyone inside, we're a bit odd because hardly any of them showed resistance, and if they did they only had pistols
>some people hid in a tent, we threw poison gas in it
>walk up to someone on the floor dying
>"why?"
>he dies
>look around and see my squad shoot the other dying soldiers on the floor, laughing
>realize everyone there are just builders and medics, no guns what so ever in the base
If going to war is a way to showing one's loyalty to their country, why do we commit so much sin? is the destruction of our humanity really worth it?
>>
>>385736907
>not even sidearms near the front
i'm not sure what they were expecting
>>
>>385736103
that's it?
>>
this thread has sold me on the game.
>>
File: hitlerband.jpg (369KB, 683x800px) Image search: [Google]
hitlerband.jpg
369KB, 683x800px
>>385736907

>Not salting the fields
>not killing all the military age men
>not enslaving and impreganting the women

lrn2war
>>
>>385706293
The combat looks like shit. The camera appears to be zoomed way too close. All fighting happens at point blank range
>>
>>385738341
this desu.

the combat looks like the worst part of the game.
>>
>>385710595
thanks friend. Also you seem to have taken quite a lot of flack from their advertising department good job.
>>
The true question is.

Warden or Colonials?
>>
Can I get some pictures of the two different factions? I'm color blind and don't want to buy this if I can't tell the uniforms apart.
>>
Why logistics feels so rewarding?
>>
>>385738862

It's more or less Blue and Orange anon.

I don't know if the Devs are making the colorblind mode but you can ask them on the Discord channel or the stream they do every two weeks.
>>
File: 1455801811031.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1455801811031.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
>>385718708
>>
So can you just run supply trucks without using a mic? I don't want to talk to people.
>>
>>385729950

Shitty Jobs are the ones who win the wars in real life as well.
>>
>>385706293
EL POZ-HOLE FOX-HOLE.
>>
>>385739789

With the chat you can, you just see where do you need the resources, take them there and go to other place, it's not that hard.
>>
This game is like Truck Simulator: War Edition complete with planning out routes so your truck doesn't get blown up.
>>
>>385713921
this
>>
File: 1501486453316.png (150KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1501486453316.png
150KB, 380x380px
>>385706293
This game looks pretty fun and I might buy when my next paycheck rolls in but do the Colonials and Wardens have any politics attached to them or does it take the Ace of Spades approach?
>>
>>385741467
Nothing except what you make it. I was actually in a truck earlier that was debating whether we were killing gooks soviets or white people, and someone raised the question of whether or not we were gooks sovieta or white people. The general response was 'Fuck you we're killing gooks'.
>>
File: nice.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
3MB, 444x250px
oh look, an autistic over complicated version of ace of spades only a person with severe aspergers and roleplayers could enjoy

about fucking time
>>
File: 1459410528873.png (669KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459410528873.png
669KB, 960x540px
>mfw infiltrating behind enemy lines and sabotaging their supply lines and stealing their vehicles.
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.