[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battlerite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: 20170731_11_23_10.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
20170731_11_23_10.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
I've recently bought the game ans had sole fun, but I saw hat many high level players despise it. What do you think of it?
>>
Fun game that was ruined by the developers who wanted to shit on the small playerbase they had by pulling stupid stunts like fucking up matchmaking, adding spyware to the game, not following through on their free to play goals, poor connection errors, hitbox problems, inconsistent mechanics, etc.

Expect 20 minute wait time for matches only to be queued with someone who already has 200 hours in the game and is the highest level possible.
>>
>>385708189
What's the story around the spyware?
>>
>>385709962
Few months back they updated the game and EULA with a note saying that users who run the game agree to have their computer details, among other things, to be recorded and be used for sale and developer information.

Basically forced players to agree to have their shit documented and sold by the devs, if you don't like it, don't play the game. As far as I'm aware this is still in place.
>>
remember when they said the game was going to be free after early access?

yeah fuck those jews
>>
>>385710062
But doesn't this just concern the computer' specs?
That's kind of frightening
>>
>>385710131
It's still going to be, isn't it?
>>
>>385710150
It was worded very vaguely from what I remember. For all I know, they're recording browsing history and more. I uninstalled the same day I learned this happened and haven't been back since.
>>
>>385710203
Yeah it's going to be free to play, but they've pushed back the date for it several times already, meaning no one can play unless they fork over the 20$
>>
>>385710221
What a terrible time to be alive.
>>
>>385710062
Why the fuck would they do that
>>
>>385711350
More revenue from the game, think players won't bother reading it, etc etc. You'd be surprised how many EULA's have similar things in them. Unless I REALLY need to use something with it, I make sure to avoid products with it.
>>
>>385711495
Man this shit is retarded. Instead of building on their good foundation they do this shit instead. Though even then I wonder why they wouldn't go F2P yet since cosmetics and data mining will probably be their primary revenue anyways, seems dumb to hold the public release back
>>
>>385711830
They want to get as much money from people buying the founder pack for it as possible before going free to play I would imagine.
>>
File: 1493344975464.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493344975464.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>385712045
I've read more into this now and I'm still not sure whether they're collecting stuff or not. Seems like they just used really poor wording, but at the same time I'm not naive enough to believe they wouldn't do something like this. Pretty conflicted right now, bought the game 2 weeks ago and I'm actually enjoying it a lot.
>>
Why is it seemingly always the same anon in battlerite threads posting the exact same argument with the same wording.
He clearly hates the game and will try to spin anything negative. He's like an anti shill. Stop playing if you hate it this much.
It's even more noticeable in big battlerite threads since basically no one agree with him.
>>
>>385712946
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Up to you man. I stopped playing because of shady business practices and empty community. If you're enjoying the game and haven't encountered a problem until this, then maybe it's worth dealing with. Either way they already have your money.
>>
>>385713558
Negative battlerite guy here, I'd like to see you put a positive spin on data mining and 20-30 minute queue times. Also this is the first battlerite thread I've participated in since the game first went on sale.
>>
>>385713769
I don't need to positively spin these since you have posted zero proof and there seemingly is nothing on the internet about it.

I play Champion level league which means there aren't that many players in my range and there is less than 1 min queue time in EU.
Quickplay or casual has a bit longer queue 1-3 min but again my casual MMR is high thus there's less players to pair me with.

20-30mins is straight up lie. You can watch any streamer to confirm this as well.
Datamining seems to be a lie.
Since you use obviously lies to make your arguments you have zero credibility.
>>
>>385714007
I'm guessing you're just ignoring the hundreds of negative reviews complaining about just these things and weren't actually around when the fiasco happened in the first place.

Also how about the legal work on the official website? You know, the one that says that they'll collect a whole bunch of information and will only distribute it when it's "necessary" for the company to do so. The one that collects information that can be personally linked to an individual.

"We use this information for marketing purposes and/or for improving the services we offer to you." Which completely counters the "don't sell your data" line.

https://cdn.battlerite.com/legal/privacypolicy.html

Your move, faggot.
>>
File: br.jpg (9KB, 245x100px) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
9KB, 245x100px
i really like BLC and Battlerite.
the game offers gameplay that is unique and no other game plays like it.
and people complaining about it not going free to play sooner are a little silly.
the most recent update was REALLY needed before going free to play, adding tutorials and the free to play hooks that will keep casuals comming back.
and its probably a good idea to launch AFTER the UI overhaul that is comming soon.
>>
>>385714364
That's literally every company out there. That's the most basic copy pasted privacy policy out there you brain dead conspiracy theorist. I hope you don't use any online game. If you don't like it that's fair but don't spin it like it's some special case.

And again provide me with proof that there are people complaining since I can't find them on steam or elsewhere.
>>
File: 1428951156466.jpg (8KB, 192x171px) Image search: [Google]
1428951156466.jpg
8KB, 192x171px
>>385714847
Really? Well then how about you prove that this is a "copy pasted privacy policy" by showing me some other online game policies to look over?

And no, I'm not gonna go through the 2,277 negative reviews just to try and persuade you you're wrong when we both know you've got your head so far up your ass that even if I did show you every single one, you'd still claim it "doesn't represent the game" and "is made up information."
>>
man I loved blc back in the day and I'm currently playing this, getting back up in rank, but fuck me, funcom are literal cancer. why did they have to fuck up so much, most of all, why did they make my man inhibitor a pussy ass faggot range dps
>>
>>385715032
>copy pasted privacy policy"
No problem here.
https://www.ea.com/legal/privacy-policy#1
https://bethesda.net/en/document/privacy-policy

They all talk about the same points in the same way.

>I'm not gonna go through the 2,277 negative reviews
>I don't have a single shred of proof and I'm the exposed idiot that I'm
>better bust out those reaction images!
>>
>>385714803
I hope it's not that bland flat UI I've seen around.
I like the current one just with more polish.

>>385715089
funcom? Is stunlock part of them or what?
>>
File: 1430060586708.jpg (118KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
1430060586708.jpg
118KB, 584x622px
>>385715290
I would bother trying to find the reviews if steam made it possible to actually search for keywords, but unfortunately I have to scroll through all 2,277 of them if I want to find any specific reviews, and I really just don't care enough to bother. You wanna play your dying game while it records your browsing history and keylogs you, be my guest, I'm only here to give the OP information he requested.

Have another reaction image on the house.
>>
>>385715557
So is steam the only place where you could have found them? How about google? Nothing?
If you had any backbone you'd man up to your pathetic lies.
>>
>>385715619
Aside from the steam reviews, there are discussions on the steam forums, discussions on the official forums, discussions on reddit, and several threads from /vg/ and /v/ in the archive discussing this very topic.

If you really care about it, feel free to type any of those 3 keywords into google and find them yourself, because again, I really don't care.

Last reaction image before I go to bed, goodnight friend.
>>
>>385715849
>This post
>I can't find them for you bit it's easy I swear...!
> I really don't care.
>>
>>385710062
>>385710150
>>385711350

DESU most games do this if you read their eula. Developers gather data from pc specs for development purposes and troubleshooting and play data for future development. I wouldn't be worried about them actually "spying". Besides, if youre using windows, youre already giving everything about you to microsoft so there's that.
>>
>>385716502
Just like I thought. With further digging, a quote from developers:

"We only use this data in two ways:
User support when the player contacts our support
Analyze anonymous game data in order to improve upon the game
In addition, the information may be used in the future to send out content based on in-game performance or unlocks, but this would be an automated process where none of your personal information is involved.

As we are a global company, we must deal with various definitions of what is privacy information in a world where there is no universal consensus, so this is an effort to comply with as many of the laws as we can. That being said, the key points are still—we aren’t going to sell your information to others and we aren’t using your information for reasons other than to provide you the best service we can."

and a snippet from EULA:

'We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law.'

Seems like some retards making a racket about things they don't understand. Classic /v/
>>
>>385716502
>>385717026
Yeah, we already established that though.
>>
why play this when dota 2 overthrow and smite arena are the same thing with more character for free
>>
>>385717026
Even for Microsoft, they probably have billions of customers. Do you really think they have a profile for each people with their sexual fetishes and family tree? I agree it's shit to have personal datas sold to other companies so you can be harassed with specific advertisements but a lot of people are too paranoid.
>>
>>385712946
Same here, I like the game but I didn't expect a sodomy for 20 bucks
>>
>>385713769
I'm silver league and only have ~30secs queues desu
>>
>>385717026
>'We will not share your personal information with any third parties"
Only with second parties :^)
>>
>>385706232
Fun game pushed to the brink of death because the playerbase is so small. I'm waiting for f2p to save it.
>>
>>385710316
Then wait
>>
>>385713769
Never got more than 30 sec queue, even at night
I only play casual mode tho
>>
>>385714803
>no other game plays like it.
Master x Master have the same gameplay, but it's shit atm, too many bugs, server issues and not enough polish, NCSoft sucks
>>
>>385721608
brink of death how?

I get queue times of 30 seconds.
>>
>>385711350
If the product is free, YOU are the product.
>>
File: 1498970854261.png (72KB, 191x265px) Image search: [Google]
1498970854261.png
72KB, 191x265px
>>385723551
anon the game isn't free to play yet and it uses the usual lootbox system to generate revenue. You'd have a point if you were talking about Windows 10 but with this game its just reaching ,especially since running the game normally would be more profitable
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.