[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No cinematic Tons of well designed monsters that are fun to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 44

File: Monster Hunter.jpg (843KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter.jpg
843KB, 1920x1080px
No cinematic

Tons of well designed monsters that are fun to fight

Superb combat and animations

14 different weapons that all are a blast to use and can be changed any time

No holy trinity crap

Great gameplay loop-git gud and kill monster, craft the weapons and armor to allow you to kill stronger monsters

Great gear progression system, armor skill system allows for a lot of customization to suit your playstyle or different hunts

Appeals to casual(4 online coop), hardcore(solo speedrun) and people in between

It's the perfect video game.Why is it niche in the West?It's sad.
>>
>no cinematic
except 4U which will even go so far to have NPCs telepathically communicate with you mid-hunt to waste your time
>>
>>385704085

You know damn well why it's niche, dude. If it had come out years and years ago, it'd be fine, but nowadays if there isn't a cool QTE that lets me dodge everything and ohko the enemy (complete with big numbers and a healthbar that I can watch go from full to 0) then I don't even wanna touch it.
>>
>>385704085
>Why is it niche in the West
It hasn't been niche since Tri; MH4U sold millions in the west. It just isn't retarded popular like it is in japan
>>
File: 1448585881204.webm (1MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1448585881204.webm
1MB, 400x240px
>>385704085
>No cinematic
And as the history proved it, it could really use some.
4U monster intros were superb.
>>
>please cut 400 acres of grass with clippers and we'll consider you worthy of fighting large rats
That's actual MH gameplay.
>>
>>385704367
>4U intros had a distinct difference in behavior with wyverns and proper dragons being that Elder Dragons would essentially test/staredown the hunter while wyvern intros had them charging straight into them like animals
I hate forcing MH to have a story but I loved the monster intros so much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gATF8JtbK9Y
>>
>>385704165
Don't remember about the earlier games, but Tri already did that.
>>
File: 5499223_p0.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
5499223_p0.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>385704591

>complaining about a few tutorial quests in a game with literally 1000+ hours of actual good content

Do better than that, anon.
>>
>>385704838
Gen must have been his first MH game, and it left him traumatized. I can't blame him.
>>
>>385704085
>rathalos set
>zinogre

nig
>>
>>385705086
I forgot what skills did it have in 3U? As long as he gemmed in Focus, it's alright, if not optimal.
>>
>>385704085
>great gear progression system
eh....
I don't know. The trees have too many useless weapons and branches on them, because you have no idea what upgrades into what until it's too late. Playing the game blind and especially for new players, it encourages you to grind a lot more than necessary. The only good way to know what to make and what's a waste of time is with an online guide which kind of makes this game flawed.

Progressing just takes too long for a new player. A veteran to the series knows you just make one good weapon of your favorite type and just upgrade it a few times on your way to High Rank. Meanwhile new players who aren't in the know are likely to grind way too much to try to make all the low rank weapons. Pretty much everything in Low Rank is a trap option and will become obsolete almost immediately. Recent additions such as having to level up each weapon to unlock more upgrade options for each only makes the grind worse.

Besides this I agree, though. Game is pure action. very fair skill floor with high skill ceiling. great co-op.
>>
>>385705141
it's weak to lightnign
>>
>>385705187
Doesn't matter if you ain't getting hit
>>
>>385705187
If the elemental def is the first thing that pops up in your head when you think about armor, you're playing this game wrong.
It's just an electro puppy. You'd have to try to actually get hit by him.
>>
>>385705267

Oh boy, it's the man who hasn't been hit even once in an MH title in 30+ years.
>>
>>385705530
Anon, don't do this to yourself. I know what you're trying to do, but the only thing you're accomplishing right now is being THAT guy who picks armor pieces by the highest defense value and doesn't have any skills active.
>>
File: 1486595372705.jpg (99KB, 1019x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486595372705.jpg
99KB, 1019x768px
>neither Cemu nor Citra can emulate MH games yet
>>
>>385705670

Anon, I know how skills work, all I'm saying is that if you get ohko'd because of a silly accident by a hit that you would've easily survived with a different set, you're gonna feel like a total goof.

>>385705717

>even though these games can be played for 1000+ hours each, he STILL thinks paying for them is a waste

Your own fault anon.
>>
>>385704605
Some people really hated the cutscenes making the character a retard. I didn't but i don't mind the straight-to-the-point of Gen.
>>
File: ultramar nasa.jpg (5KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
ultramar nasa.jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>385705751
Sometimes you just have to play risky. You can't live your entire life in fear of getting KOd by a monster.
Anyway, we're still talking about Zin. You really shouldn't get hit by him.
>>
>>385705751
Wii U is dead in the water and the 3DS's screen is too shitty and can barely accomodate all the UI elements. I'm not wasting my money either of those pieces of shit
>>
>>385705751
Not him, but I'd like MH4U and to a lesser extent xXx to be emulate-able because I'm so fucking sick of staring at a tiny screen and holding a stupid fucking piece of shit, and Luma's native input redirection keeps dropping out.
>>
>>385705904
>hunting monsters in 240p with no UI is too hard for him
Fucking casual.
>>
>>385705904

>th-they're pieces of shit! fuck them! it's a waste of money!
>b-b-b-b-b-but i really wanna play their games! it's not fucking fair!

Just stop being a dumb faggot, shell out for a N3DSXL, and download a bunch of games. Alternatively, get a Switch and import XX :^)
>>
>series is called monster hunter
>quest: Collect 5 flowers
>>
File: 1459800216637.jpg (17KB, 457x396px) Image search: [Google]
1459800216637.jpg
17KB, 457x396px
>>385705996
>Tfw XX is getting a Switch port but 4U never got either a Wii U or a Switch port
>>
>>385706019
The hunter is the monster
>>
>>385705996
It's not worth it. Better to wait for emulation
>>
>>385706019
This royal fern ain't gonna collect itself, fuccboi.
>>
>>385704085
It's a grind fest.
>>
>>385706034
Don't worry, in 20 years even you will be able to play the indisputable best game in the franchise by the virtue of PC emulation.
>>
>>385706123
only if you're a sperg and GOTTA HAVE THAT THING
>>
An arcade version of MH would be pretty neat, but as it is it's just NEET bait.
>>
>>385705751
Just eat for felyne element. Also
>offense is the best defense
It's not like there are random ass ohkos everywhere throughout the game. Even then getting hit by those ohkos is a sign that you are shit because they are usually the most iconic and telegraphed move of the monster. Doesn''t matter if you get ohko'd because of element because you're an idiot and got hit by a fucking fireball or was to dumb to get out the way of jho's breath. Especially fucking hitboxless, sit there and take it like a bitch zinogre of all things you complain about. Assuming your taking hits in the first place is a clear indicator that you have solo'd endgame. hehehehehehehhe
>>
MHGen is really, really bad with its grind and it's one of the worst in the series because of it.

Casuals will also praise it's flashy combat system where more hardcore players will dislike it a little bit.
>>
>>385704605
I actually really liked the cutscenes because they kind of demonstrated what the monsters were capable of in a subtle way, prepping you for the fight, all while looking cool and not wasting more than a minute of your time.
>>
I'm glad they added a bunch of tiny stuff from Gen to World and actually integrating them into the moveset rather than having separate skillsets and arts slots.

I like a lot of the actual moves and abilities that they gave me in Gen, but splitting them apart like that always felt kinda off to me. I get why, but still.
>>
File: 20160921_205954.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160921_205954.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>385704085
>Why is it niche in the West? It's sad.
Because it's only on 3DS and although that's great for when I'm away from home, while I'm here I find it hard to sit playing on such a small screen when I have my three monitors and television in front of me. I've emulated the PS2 game on my PC and had a blast, the new one can't come soon enough. Not sure if I'll get it on PS4 on release or wait for the PC version, either way right now I'll stick to God Eater.
>>
>>385706180
Such a shit argument. Yes, I want to have that thing on a game I paid for. No, I don't want to be forced to repeat content multiple times for it. No, being F2P doesn't make that okay either.
>>
>>385706193

I just didn't like Gen because it was 99% monsters I'd already fought and killed 50+ of. The new ones were cool, but still.
>>
>>385705986
Not him but I don't care about 240p nearly as much as i care about the 3ds's awful, awful controls that constantly cramp my hands. It's an awful, unergonomic console that deserves to fucking DIE OFF already.
>>
>>385706259
>I shouldn't have to try or invest in getting items
OK.
>>
File: 20170727_002752.jpg (283KB, 746x1328px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_002752.jpg
283KB, 746x1328px
>>385706163
?
I've since added 30 hours to this btw
>>
>>385706221
The super high jumps out of nowhere on LS and SnS look stupid.
>>
>>385706259
Lol my man the only shit you have to grind for are if you want a very specific top-tier armor or if you want your weapon upgrade that take an ultra-rare ovary and gives you +5% attack
>>
>>385706259

>kill enemy one time
>get its complete armor set and all weapon variants
>hand pops out of the screen and jerks me off to completion

Future's great bruh
>>
>>385706193
Not as bad as MH4U's, at least.

>>385706274
So do you actually like MH or not? Because that flaw is in every game but 1 and 3.
>>
>>385706309
>300+ hours
>still HR75
HOW?
>>
>>385706363

It didn't bother me as much in MH4U, but that might only be because I'm a tribabby
>>
>>385706307
Want me to invest? Fine. Let me trade up other monsters' resources with some NPC. There you go, I already made more improvements over the formula than Capcom did in 10 years.
>>
>>385706336
SnS's jump isn't that high, it's like a vault, I could see it being done in real life, by someone who's as as indestructible as the hunter. LS's jump is pure anime, so it fits the weapon.

Honestly World is adding a whole lot of crazy moves, but as someone who didn't really mind the style of the moves in Gen as much as I minded how stupid overpowered they were, I think that's fine. Some moves, like the hammer sanic spin, or the switch axe's grapple into elemental discharge IN THE MONSTER'S FACE just look fucking incredible so i don't even mind that they look a bit goofy.
>>
>>385706382
I'm HR81 now
>>
>>385704085
>casual
>(4 online coop)

If anything 4 person online coop is the hardest of cores. You have to solo the monster before the 3 other retards cart within 2 minutes.
>>
>>385706471
>Let me trade up other monsters' resources with some NPC. There you go, I already made more improvements over the formula than Capcom did in 10 years.
>he didn't play 4U
>>
>>385705157
>Progressing just takes too long for a new player. A veteran to the series knows you just make one good weapon of your favorite type and just upgrade it a few times on your way to High Rank. Meanwhile new players who aren't in the know are likely to grind way too much to try to make all the low rank weapons. Pretty much everything in Low Rank is a trap option and will become obsolete almost immediately. Recent additions such as having to level up each weapon to unlock more upgrade options for each only makes the grind worse.

In response to the whole trap options thing, the division between village quests and the guild hall really threw me off when I first started the series with Freedom on the psp. They've steadily made that better, but I still remember that feeling of clearing all the village quests and not really understanding what to do next
>>
>>385706496
You should be way above 200 by that point.
Did you spend all this time doing LR quests and crafting every single piece of LR equipment?
>>
>>385706502
The worst part is that you're not even entirely wrong. The only thing worse than that is when some fucker just decides to stay in base camp while the 3 others have to kill the monster without him. If you do that, fuck you, I hope someone glues a lego to your shoe.
>>
>>385706490
The SA grapple-blast looks really fun. I'm getting some Dragon's Dogma vibes from World.
>>
>>385706515
Admittedly I didn't. Handheld MH can go suck a dick. What's the catch? Capcom wouldn't fuck up their padding for nothing. I'm guessing you overpay.
>>
>enjoy nearly every new monster in 4U
>most hunted monster ends up being Rajang and Deviljho at 150+ each
this is what dragged 4U down so hard, the games need less Kut Kus and more Zamtrios and Seltas. I'm really tired of gen 1-3 monsters hamfisting and meddling ruining everything
>>
>>385706612
World really looks like the directors saw a whole bunch of shit they like from a whole bunch of games, took what works and stuck it in this game. It looks so good.
>>
>>385706617
No, 4U is just the best damn game in the series. Plus, you could also trade the VE tickets for rare drops, like gems before.
Anyway, MH is an action game, and saying stuff like you don't want to fight any given monster more than once, is admitting you don't like the core gameplay. Maybe you should just stick to more story focused action games like the Souls series.
>>
>>385704085
>roll
>roll
>roll
>parry
>attack

It's the same shit as Dark Souls. This genre is bland and boring as fuck.
>>
>>385706637
Gen 3 monsters are good, Gen 1-2 monsters are terrible and japs are fucking morons for how much they suck up to them. There is no way at all that a gravios/basarios is more fun to fight than an urgaan or duramboros. Or that a cephadrome is more fun than a nibelsnarf
>>
>>385706730
Or maybe I don't want to be forced to grind in my action games, but rather repeat fights when I feel like it.
>>
>>385706757
>type
>type
>type
>submit
>shitpost
>>
>>385706757
t. Matthew "Bloodborne is a committee driven game" Matosis
>>
>>385706819
>>>>>forced
>>
I'll never get the complaints about grinding in these games. I killed like 30 Brachydios to complete its armor, and enjoyed every single fight. Even if I did start to get tired of it, I could just change weapons and get a completely fresh take on it. MH's core gameplay is so good that I can't really ever feel like I'm "grinding" unless it's a shit fight, but the nice thing is that you don't even have to grind a fight if you don't wanna.
>>
>>385706776
Narga is fun fight tho
>>
>GOD TIER: FASHION
>OKAY TIER: FUNCTION
>KICK IMMEDIATELY TIER: CLOWNSUIT
>>
>>385706975
Fashion clownsuit.
>>
>>385704085
I don't know the series very well, but does anyone have the webm of the cool giant ass snake monster that was posted a couple of days ago? It looked cool.
>>
>>385706975
All I do in MH games is spend 100+ hours finding the best possible clown suit that looks good(slutty) with great skills.

In 4u a lot of hussies copied my slut suit that gave honed blade, evasion 2(3), and another 10 point skill of your choice.
>>
I hope transmog isn't a thing in World.

It feels like it's kinda cheating. Like, you either go fashion or utility nigga. No going halfway.

Maybe add a bit more freedom in armor dye-ing to counter that. Like, have 2 or 3 zones instead of 1 zone per armor part.

>>385707145
Dalamadur? or Najarala?
>>
>>385706932
I really don't mind grinding monsters but having to repeat fights endlessly because your armor set requires a 1% drop item is not fun, no matter how you put it. The fun of the fight is diminished by the frustration of not getting what you want. I honestly don't mind fighting monsters that I like over and over again for the hell of it, but not when I'm pissed off for not getting what i want.

The worst is when you're grinding a monster you don't like for a part. I was trying to get the yamato set in MH4U, and for that shit I had to grind the earth gem or whatever it's called that is a 1% drop for jhen morhen, and that was just AWFUL.

>>385706945
I consider monsters like Narga and Chameleos to be the exception to the rule. For every one of those there's 2 poorly designed shitfests like Garuga or Gravios.
>>
>>385706819
It's "Monster Hunter", not "Fight Every Monster Exactly Once". And the grind isn't even as bad as you're trying to make it be. By breaking the right body parts and doing sub quests, counting all the slots in the quest rewards, even the drops listed at 3% are actually closer to 15-20% per hunt.
And I must repeat myself again. If your end goal is just the gear itself, not using that gear for making different sets and inventing new ways to fight the monsters, that just means you're not enjoying the gameplay itself.

Quite often when I want to make a new set, I find it that I already have more than enough materials to craft it, which I accumulated by just helping out other players with their quests previously.

If you can't stand even the moderate kind of gameplay repetition MH has, maybe you shouldn't be forcing yourself to play it and just pick another game. "Grind" in MH is essentially boss rush mode, every hunt playing out differently from the previous one, it's as far removed from the regular kind of grind you find in vidya as it can possibly be.
>>
>>385707218
He's probably talking about that frontiershit snake encounter with yet another OHKO AoE, which gets posted in every MH thread by the only anon on the site who enjoys Frontier.
>>
>>385707218
God I hate Najarala so much. What an infuriating monster. I appreciate what they were going for with it, but it didn't work out and I resent every time i have to fight it.
>>
>>385707218
I think it was Dalamadur, it ended with the hunters getting fucked up and eaten, either way it looked fun
>>
>>385707245
>>385706819
If you stick to one weapon you really only have to each mission of that monster once. Until G rank. Though if you get to G rank you're probably already committed.
>>
>>385707343
>with yet another OHKO AoE
I don't remember any of this.
>>
>>385706776
>Gen 1-2 monsters are terrible
You seem to be confused.
Gen 1 = copypasted horrendous chicken wyverns.
Gen 2 = new and fund stuff like narga & tigrex, fanged beasts and crabs.
>>
>>385706757
Yeah fuck off

I can tell you've never played MH if you think it's that simple
>>
>>385704085
Because the concept of Monster Hunter is fucking retarded and could only appeal to autistic Japs. It's an mmorpg with all the fun aspects cut out and only grinding left in the game. Everyone hates grinding with passion, except for autistic weirdos.
>>
>>385707414
Dalamadur is basically world serpent tier. Really cool monster, it's the monster you have to kill to get to G rank, so it's a very momentous fight, for sure.

>>385707476
Maybe I am confused, I seemed to think that Garuga is gen 2.
>>
>>385707354

I love Najarala. Such a cool monster, and while the fight is rough, it's still interesting enough for me to forgive it. Works best if you aren't constantly mashing camera.
>>
File: hola.jpg (12KB, 201x186px) Image search: [Google]
hola.jpg
12KB, 201x186px
>>385707218
>>
>>385707354
Are you a lancer or something?
>>
>>385707515

>he fell for the "MH IS NOTHING BUT GRINDING" meme
>he's denying himself thousands of hours of fun because he's too dumb to form his own opinions

(You) are small time.
>>
>>385707585
I just can't stand when it wraps around you and so much as touching it knocks you down.

>>385707640
How'd you guess?
>>
Will pickles be in world?
>>
>>385707664
Because the only way to hate najajaja is by using a weapon with no hyper armor and getting tripped.
How 2 snek:
>GS
>run behind it
>triple charge the hind legs
>it trips
>roll into slap into strong charge on its head which is now on the ground directly in front of you
>>
>>385707721
They're planning on making an almost entirely new roster, so I doubt it. I hope they do start porting in monsters at some point. No MH game is complete without my boys Tigrex, Zin and Narga
>>
>>385707765
I main CB and Swaxe, and I don't really have much trouble with him. I actually find him quite fun.
>>
>>385704085
I've just got such a massive backlog as-is and people say these games require hundreds of hours for the investment to pay off.
>>
>>385707813
Two of the three monsters they've shown are repeats. Rath and R ludo. R ludo's main doesn't look spongy anymore though.
>>
>>385707845
>Hundreds
I'm gonna say the games start clicking by the 10-15 hour mark, and before that it's smooth sailing so it's not exactly a pain to play through. By the time you've gotten used to your weapon and fought your first big monster, you'll be having a blast. It's really a matter of getting over that initial hump, which is a tough one, for sure.

>>385707897
Anja also looks a bit like a deviljho, and seems to have a bit of its weird ass moves.
>>
>>385706558
It's my first MH game, cut me some slack.
I spent a lot of time in High Rank
>>
>>385704085
>no cinematic
Implying this is good.
>tonnes of well designed monsters
You mean tonnes of copy pasted monsters made from parts.
>Superb combat and animations
You obviously have never played a monster hunter game or are just shitposting at this point.
>14 different weapons that are all a blast to use and can be changed at any time.
Except you can only change weapons at base camp, also "a blast to use", hahahahahaha....

To answer your question, why is it niche: Because it is literal garbage that has been pumping out unchanged since inception. You pull up every other game series for doing this, but monster hunter gets a free pass? not from the rest of us.
>>
File: 1393674463906.jpg (52KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
1393674463906.jpg
52KB, 339x298px
>>385708015

>unchanged

Spotted the bitter sonybro. Don't worry, it may have been, what, 8 years since the last time you got to play a MH title, but you can get it on PS4 soon.
>>
>>385707658
What else is there to these games besides grinding? You're not allowed to compete with other players in anything else other than grinding. No, that would offend the austic jap sensibilities. No fun allowed.

It's a funny contrast. When you look at manga, anime and novels about mmorpgs, they're all about "pvp" and politics, but in actual Japanese mmos, pvp is at best just an afterthought.
>>
>>385708276

You sound just a tiny bit obsessed with PvP, maybe simmer down and try playing nicely with others for a change. Are you the type of person that won't spend more than 5 bucks on a game that doesn't have multi-player, even if it's forced?

Either way, nobody's gonna take your dumb opinion seriously until you actually try the series.
>>
>>385708276
MonHun is all co-op, though. The closest thing to competitive is people doing speedruns.
>>
>>385704838
If I have to slog through 10 hours of garbage I'm just gonna say the whole game is garbage and move on. You may not have any value for your time but other people do.
>>
>>385707958
and then you keep playing and playing
you really do have to play at least a 100 hours or preferably a lot more for it to be truly worth the money.

he wasn't saying it took hundreds of hours to get past the learning curve.
>>
>>385708015
You're supposed to start the threads with a retarded shitpost, not randomly post it whenever m8
>>
>>385708123
Or you really this delusional that the game has changed? or this just another shitpost? I don't play monster hunter because it is crap, you can count the animation frames on one hand. All other franchises moved on from the PS1 days. Monster hunter never did. Monster hunter world looks to be the first actual upgrade the game has received outside of that chinese MMo, and as far as I'm aware the retard fans of monster hunter hate it. Capcom knows they can only get away with milking a dead franchise for so long before not even the fans can defend it any longer, hence World existing and not other 3DS trash title.
>>
>>385708557
>I don't play monster hunter
we can tell
>>
>>385708661
Hurr durr, I spend money on the same game i've played 15 times already because they put a new title on it. And they say cod kiddies are dumb.
>>
>>385708557

>literally the only thing he can talk about is muh gwafix

Uh huh, uh huh. Maybe find a different hobby, sport.
>>
>>385708379
>10 hours

What? IIRC, I think I only did, like 5 mandatory "pick this shit", "kill these mooks" quests before going into my first actual big monster hunt, and from that, new quests with new monsters or zones came in pretty consistently, to the point where every hunt unlocks a new thing.

Granted, I started in 4U, but I doubt it takes 10 hours to go to a real hunt, even back then.
>>
>>385708831
>implying that anything else has changed. Nope, same graphics, same animations, same enemies with altered skins, same shit hitboxes. Without saying the title, name one thing that has changed since the first game. I'll wait.
>>
>>385704085
3U is easily the best in the series. I just hope World can top it. I really didn't enjoy 4U as much and haven't even bothered picking up Gen.
>>
>>385708997

Really? For me, I thought 4U was way better just because it got rid of shitty swimming and added terrain and mounting (1 of which I liked, and 1 of which more or less broke the game but was still neat).
>>
>>385708957
>>385709028
There you go.
Also, believe it or not, I actually kind of like the swimming. I just think it needs more polish.
>>
>>385708801
>>385708957
they've changed the core movesets of the weapons in every generation of the series.
new weapons get added every generation.
new monsters every game, and the last two generations have had much more variety. If you really think they are all recolors you probably didn't even beat Low Rank village quests.
Upgrading mechanics have even changed.
3rd gen has aquatic monsters and underwater battles. This was removed in the current generation.
4th gen added using high ground and terrain to perform aerial attacks, as well as mounting monsters.

the only thing that hasn't changed are the models that are clearly still made with Standard Definition in mind. The only HD game just uses ported models from the SD Tri.
So yes, if you look at the game like a superficial moron who has never played any of the games, they have not changed at all.

either that or the only two games you've tried are FU and Gens and you really think the same monsters are in every game.
>>
Man, I really really hope that we get a World demo along with the gamescom announcements. I know it's not likely but please make it happen anyway capcom please.
>>
>>385707513
I've beaten MHXX solo months ago. I can already tell that you're just a complete shitter and an EOP.
>>
Stop posting about Monster Hunter. I don't want this franchise to be ruined by a casual fucking audience of retards. Especially the "PC gaymyrr".

Just wait until next year when it actually happens.
>>
Is my nigga Khezu coming back in Worlds? That's all I care about honestly.
>>
>>385710107
>I don't want this franchise to be ruined by a casual fucking audience of retards.
It's too late, you already play it.
>>
>>385710174
Dicken in HD? Yes please.
>>
>>385710174
Fuck Khezu. Gigginox is a straight upgrade over it, but they keep bringing this old shit back for some reason.
>>
File: 1501308029146.jpg (78KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501308029146.jpg
78KB, 1083x720px
>>385710107
*vaults towards you*
>>
>>385710286
JE SUIS MONTÈ!
>>
>>385710107
It'll probably be just streamed by a few big people while nobody else watching will buy it, so at least the audience is slimmed down a bit.
>>
>>385706502
being that guy that two carts, ill willingly take the retard slot. nothing so bad as to make people want to learn santeria to curse me(like the dumbfuck who gs charges while a monster is starting its attack motion) but i know ive left teammates pissed at times. honestly voicechat would do wonders for this game
>>
>>385710286
Hey, IG is awesome. All that mobility and free jumping attacks that ignore sharpness thresholds is great.
to be fair I didn't play 4U. It sounds like mounting is way more exploitable in that game than gens.
>>
>>385704085
>More than 1M sales on the West
>Niche
>>
>>385710867
Forget mounting, in 4U IG hit like a GS at the speed of SnS.
>>
>>385710867
IG isn't the problem, it's the french shitters
>>
>>385710871
So far we've yet to see if 4U was a fluke. Gen didn't sell nearly as well.
>>
>>385711247
Gen came out after pirating became much easier on 3DS. Plus, a big portion of the playerbase didn't like the direction that game was going with styles and arts, so they chose not to support it.
>>
>>385710871

>series doesn't sell well enough for XX to get an English release

hmm...
>>
>>385710253
>Behold, Red Khezu!
>okay so what does it do that Khezu doesn't
>...scream...more?
>brilliant
>>
>>385711326
I doubt that all the newcomers that started off in 4U gave much of a shit about the "direction the series was going" after having played one game.
>>
>>385711326
Not to shit on the 3DS, but it's probably also franchise+system fatigue. Gen was the fourth game on 3DS.
>>
File: ahhh.... ye olde faithful.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ahhh.... ye olde faithful.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385711754

>tfw been a GS main since FU

GS always wins baybee
>>
File: blunt, weighty and savage.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
blunt, weighty and savage.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385711882
As a hammer main this video made me go half chub, not even joking.
>>
>>385711754
I honestly don't like the new particle effects when charging, or rather lack thereof. Same goes with the CB. That and the sound design are my biggest complaints.
>>
>>385711882
Been using a hammer for the first time today. It's like a great sword but mobile and extra knockdowns.
>>
>>385711754
>>385711882

where ya seein these matey
>>
File: stouted, stoic.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
stouted, stoic.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385711985
Same, I feel like they went too far on the realism aspect in terms of the aesthetic, and it's a bit unnecessary and takes the fun out of the game. I miss the burst of particles from the previous games.
>>
>>385711997
And actually requires a shred of skill to use well.
>>
People are going to meme but the real reason Monster Hunter never got big in the west is because it didn't find the sweet spot for success.

Its first entry went completely unnoticed with no marketing and obtuse mechanics late in the PS2s life, the following entries were on PSP which no one bought games for, it had no online multiplayer meaning you had to jigsaw together a way to play online because no one plays local on PSP.

Then it switched to Wii, but no one in the west bought hardcore games on Wii. The 3DS entries largely had the same problem as the PSP entries.

Capcom missed its chance. Meanwhile FROM got lucky with Souls because Demons built a western community just as loud as the MonHun western community, but Souls had online and was on a platform starving for meaningful games(PS3) early in the system's life.

Capcom could get lucky with World given that it's pretty much solved every meaningful problem preventing the west from easily playing MonHun together in parties.
>>
>>385712005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgBhaRZhsFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt_Dn65jdSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_bBd7v0PUA
>>
File: Anja Palico.png (2MB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
Anja Palico.png
2MB, 1278x720px
>>385712052
The CB especially. The way it fucking explodes when you hit a monster is the most satisfying part about it.

>>385712005
Check the official Monster Hunter Youtube channel.
>>
File: ah the gunlance!.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ah the gunlance!.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385711754
I guess they are trying to move away from the crit draw meta giving it all these follow up charges a shoulder bashes. Too bad at this point it's burned into GS users' brains to do unsheat -> lvl 3 charge ->sheat
>>
>>
>>385704085
Would be a near perfect game.
If not for the senseless, excessive amounts of grind.
The kind of grind I would consider over the top for endgame gear is the level every monster hunter game fucking starts on. I played one all the way through to Hi-Rank before I gave up on that shit and started using Cheat Engine to multiply all my drops by ten. I like feeling like I've actually accomplished something with a solid week's worth of play.
>>
File: nimble nature.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nimble nature.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Can someone please PM me a link to download Monster Hunter World early? Thanks.
>>
>>385711705
I don't know, that's why I chose to buy it and didn't buy any of the previous 3DS ones. It's a fucking CAPCOM game, there's always several versions of everything and they can never just release an expansion.
>>
>>385712353
the grind is what makes you learn the monster move set, without grinding the game would become a boss gaunlet hat you beat in a few hours

1-4% drops can go suck a dick though
>>
File: unleash a feral.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
unleash a feral.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385712182
>Anjanath resists everything but water
Damn.
>>
>>385712271
That's a welcome change for me. I like the idea of the greastword user changing his positions by using attacks, rather than before where it was a matter of sheathing constantly. I definitely think that being able to roll backwards enables that style of play.
>>
>>385712598
>4% from each of the three carves
>4% from breaking the head
>4% from cutting the tail
>4% in each of like ten slot rewards
>>
File: weapon's ultimate power.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
weapon's ultimate power.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385704085
It's primarily a handheld series and it isn't Pokemon, that's why
Just wait for World and the movie, I'm sure it'll boost the popularity in the west.
>>
>>385712737
>desire sensor forces you to kill the same boss 10 times in a row for a drop
>>
File: supporting your hunting party.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
supporting your hunting party.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385712849
>The movie
Why can't someone just make a voodoo doll of Paul W.S. Anderson and finish him off?
>>
>>385712849
>The movie
That'll do far more harm than good and you fucking know it.
>>
These weapon movesets look great. Why were people saying they were dumbing down the combat?
>>
>>385712934
Because salt, bait, and memes. They said blood was gone too but you can see it in some of the videos where Capcom fucked up and forgot to turn it off like the bow video.
>>
File: wreak havoc.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wreak havoc.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385712934
Natural fear of Capcom ruining yet another series by trying to make it appeal to a western audience. It took like, two or three months for people to calm down after they started showing us more gameplay involving the actual hunt.
>>
>>385712934
Well, first, there's just a ton of shitposters and platform loyalist kids who're mad they're losing an "exclusive" IP.
As a series veteran I'm only really worried by the new healing animation, which allows you to walk around while drinking. It's an objective casualization.
Although not really a big one for skilled players, but it does encourage baddies to trade with monsters and chug potions safely.
>>
>>385712934
They removed the animations for healing and eating, and allow you to walk during these actions as well as dodge out of them too.

Also you can see for the weapons like GS you're given a vastly more open ended moveset, allowing you to roll backwards after a charge attack and even cancel out of one.

These changes can easily be perceived as making the game easier for the sake of casualization if you're looking for this kind of thing to happen. I see it as increasing fluidity of a game that's been more or less unchanged for over a decade. I also don't think these changes were done without just cause and I am positive that part of the changes to the monsters in the new game will be a significantly smarter AI that knows how to abuse hunter's weaknesses to a greater extent.
>>
File: release its destructive force.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
release its destructive force.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385712353
>If not for the senseless, excessive amounts of grind.

That shit is only true for min maxing faggots. So quit being a shitty min maxing faggot since there is plenty of shit while not as good just as viable unless you suck ass and need something to carry your lack of skill.

>>385704085
>It's the perfect video game.Why is it niche in the West?It's sad.

Not cinematic enough and it also has the same thing holding back as fighting games. Since in MonHun one has no one really to blame other than themselves if they lose and cart and its obvious as fuck to recognize the feeling of getting carried by better players that also reinforces ,for people who suck, their lack of skill with again no one to blame but themselves.
>>
What's the difference between Charge Blade and Switch Axe? They both look like they have two modes and a meter you're supposed to build up before blowing your load on a big explosion?

I'm a Hunterlet and the last MH I played was FU.
>>
>>385712887
are they dropping elemental shots in favor of explosive shit?
Status gunning was my favorite multiplayer setup but I'm going to miss recking gravios with water bubbles
>>
>>385713146
>They removed the animations
Wrong. The potion chugging animation still lasts for a good few seconds. But it doesn't freeze you in place anymore, yes.
>Also you can see for the weapons like GS you're given a vastly more open ended moveset
Aw come on, are you seriously complaining about weapons getting upgraded moveset? Don't pretend you'd like to play with the first-gen unchargable infinite combo GS and the old recital mode HH.
>>
File: fights to the skies.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fights to the skies.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
They haven't shown whetsones yet, how mad will /v/ be when they are shown to be a near instant animation? I mean if potions needed to change because no loading screens, surely sharpening was changed too
>>
>>385713318
In keeping with other items they'll likely be usable on the move, but we have to wait and see.
>>
File: your fellow hunters.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
your fellow hunters.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385713196
You can guard with CB and think of it as a mix between a hammer with a sword and shield, while SA can switch between a sword and an ax.
>>
>>385713034
>The way the hunter sticks the sword to the ground after he lands from the explosion and grabs onto it because he's blown so far back
Good shit

>>385713202
Elemental shots are still very much in.

>>385713196
They're VERY different.
Switch Axe has an axe mode by default, which is long range and does okay damage, but is kind of slow, and transforms into a sword which swings fast and does high damage but uses up a fuel gauge. If your fuel gauge drops lower than 50% you have to wait for it to charge up, or reload it which takes time.

Meanwhile, the CB has a SnS style basic form, where hitting the monster charges up phials, which you can kind of insert into your shield, and transform the weapon into a long range axe, whose attacks use up the phials. You HAVE to switch into axe mode if your phials fill up too much, otherwise your attacks start bouncing off. The axe's moveset is quite varied too.

Essentially, I'd say the CB is what the SA was meant to be, because the SA is a painfully simple weapon, while the CB has a lot more complexity, particularly in one aspect of its design, which is called guard points, where certain attacks briefly put the shield up and allow you to block a ton of incoming damage in exchange for getting the timing right. This was nerfed in Gen so it's not that big anymore but it might come back.

>>385713309
I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out the changes people don't like. I think they're fine, for the most part.
>>
File: wing tipped terrors.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wing tipped terrors.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385713196
charge blade charges up single hit moves for axe mode while in sword and shield, you can also block. You spend most of the fight in S&S mode and exploit openings to use the stored charges

with switch blade you charge up a meter while in axe mode so you can use sword mode longer, sword mode is plain better than axe mode with faster and more powerful combos. You spend most of the fight in sword mode and only use axe if you run out of charge and can't reload
>>
Red pill me on guns they seemed fun but way to tedious to bother with.
>>
>>385713392
>>385713318
Whetstones are back and you're still locked into an animation.
https://youtu.be/V3WyKx0vhKg?t=871
>>
>>385712153
So who was in charge of sound design for weaponry in Worlds? Because animation-wise everything's as it should be, but sound-wise, everything sounds pathetically weak. Kind of like a home video with amateur-made sound effects.
>>
>>385713196
>>385713514
It must be noted that the SA Axe form swings a bit slower than the Sword, but movement speed is LS-tier, while the Sword form crawls like a GS.
Plus you can use the sword form just fine until the phial drops all the way down to 0%. But you can only draw into Sword attacks if it's above 50%, otherwise it draws into reload animation.

Also one of the CB's most iconic features is Guard Points. At certain points during weapon morph animations, the weapon will automatically shield you from an incoming attack, allowing you to never let up the offense.
>>
>>385713652
They removed the different sets for blademaster/gunner in world (i think, anyway, we didn't see people change to a gunner set in the footage linked here >>385713665), removing the tedium of having to farm separate sets for each weapon class. The only big barrier of entry for gunners is that they're significantly more expensive, which is an issue in the early game. Gotta buy bombs and ammo, shit doesn't come cheap.

>>385713786
No idea, we don't even know if what we're hearing is finalized. I caught the Great Jagras making Demon's Souls dragon noises, which makes me think it's stock sound effects, and is very uncharacteristic of the MonHun team, especially considering they went out of their way to study real world reptiles when making this game.
>>
>>385713665
>the big monster flees
>sit down to sharpen
>get interrupted by the small monsters
>can't zone out to sharpen in peace anymore
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>385713913
I was really glad when I learned about the gunners won't having to deal with halved defense for no particular reason in World anymore.
But I just realized that means there will be only half as many set designs because of that. Fuck.
>>
>>385713959
>Bull spawns out of the void to knock you down a waterfall while you're sharpening, just because
>>
>>385704085

It's repetetive and often too slow (battles can easily take 40 minutes in some cases)

I used to love mon hun but after getting timed out a dozen times in 4U I lost interest
>>
>>385714038
They still have reduced defense.
>>
>>385714074
>It's repetetive and often too slow (battles can easily take 40 minutes in some cases)
You're too slow.
>>
>>385714038
I think it's a good concession from the team, though. Transitioning to HD graphics is always a pain, so I'd rather retain the current quality of sets over the current quantity. Removing gunner sets is shooting down two birds with one stone, essentially. You reduce the tedium for gun users while lowering the work load for your team.
>>
File: MH4U quote unquote critics.png (99KB, 615x956px) Image search: [Google]
MH4U quote unquote critics.png
99KB, 615x956px
>>385714074
>Timing out
>>
>>385714074
>battles can easily take 40 minutes in some cases
Maybe if you're exclusively soloing elder dragons with shitty gear and not aiming for weak hitzones. Even then it's not difficult to get reasonable clear times on elders.
>>
>>385714141
Except they already have HD assets. They were just downgraded to hell to have them run in 240p.
>>
>>385714141
Nobody does low-res shit from the get go. Even when developing games for handheld platforms, they do HD assets first, then gradually downgrade them to acceptable level.
>>
>>385713313
IG main here
that airdash is fucking retarded and broken
I'm going to abuse the extra mobility so much.

Is mounting gone? I want to jump at monsters legitimately without being forced into QTEs
>>
>>385714257
The games have never exceeded PS2 era graphics though, they've always had roughly the same amount of detail in them, that is to say, never really exceeding 480p.
>>
>>385714342
Bet you absolutely anything that airdashing will be bad for muh dps and only flying french faggots will use it for anything other than trying to break backs.
>>
>>385714326
Really? I never knew that. I assumed they worked their way upwards, starting with really basic shit and then stopping when they realized they've crossed a fidelity threshold.
>>
>>385714445
You always work backwards and downscale till things work. Always.
>>
File: mh pachislot.webm (2MB, 576x360px) Image search: [Google]
mh pachislot.webm
2MB, 576x360px
>>385714354
Not the games that you play, not the stuff you don't see, hell nobody can even physically make textures and 3d models in 240p.
>>
>>385704085
MH Newfag here. Which weapon gives the player the most airtime?
>>
I just hate how the colors are so desaturated and subdued. Everything just looks so boring and bland.
>>
>>385714173
I thought Great Jaggi was idiot proof, but I shouldn't be surprised at all.

Why didn't they just try, you know... running up and hitting it?
>>
>>385714074
>timed out a dozen times in 4U I lost interest
>timing out
>in 4U of all games
GIT
GUD
>>
>>385714445
It's much easier to work with higher res assets and downgrade them, than trying to make look some heavily pixelated low res texture good to being with.
>>
File: 1501218568973.png (899KB, 1112x1849px) Image search: [Google]
1501218568973.png
899KB, 1112x1849px
>>385714549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so8auTG_oEM
>>
>>385705793
>making the character retarded

What the fuck. No, they never did that. The caracter acted cautious because it was their first time seeing most of the monsters, so he got surprised with some things but always played safe. I'm pretty sure he dodged a lot of shit in many intros and the transitions from intro to gameplay felt great and natural.
>>
>>385714525
GL users in your vicinity, because they send you flying all the time.
>>
>>385714525
The umbrella chainsaw
>>
>>385714549
It looks more colorful than first gen and second gen and about the same level as Tri.
>>
>>385714648
Actually looks great with the saturated colors. Shame we won't get the option to set that.
>>
>>385704085
clunky rehash handheld, artifical difficulty crap
Atleast COD has smooth gameplay and different time periods
>>
File: 1476608653978.jpg (15KB, 381x132px) Image search: [Google]
1476608653978.jpg
15KB, 381x132px
>>385712605
The new animations for demon mode look like shit. But man do I love spinning around like an asshole. Best weapon
>>
>>385714842
>>385714648
Just up the saturation on your TV idiots.
>>
>>385712336
as a HBG main i'm very happy
>>
>>385714887
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>385714412
Nah. Whole point of IG is the mobility of jump in attacks. Literally any time you aren't right next to the monster trying to combo them to death, you are jumping in at them with a free attack that cancels right into your combo.

Before when you miss angle, distance, or timing you end up not next to monster or hitting it at all, and can't continue combo.

There doesn't seem to be a limit on direction, and you can do it at least 2 to 3 times without touching anything. Now when you miss the angle, you can easily maneuver into optimal position mid-air and then seamlessly continue the beatdown.
>>
>>385714342
>Is mounting gone? I want to jump at monsters legitimately without being forced into QTEs
Holy shit, this. I refuse to use the IG jump attack because of this shit. Mounting just breaks the flow of combat
>>
>>385715127
>>385714342
>hates mounting
>calls himself an IG main
>actually uses jump attacks instead of the infinite combo
>>
>>385714525
see
>>385713313
This is assuming you are in the new games.
Pre-4th gen? There is no such thing as airtime.
>>
>>385715254
>infinite combo is the best attack to use everytime!
t.someone that has no idea how to use IG properly
>>
>>385715254
It's strictly for approach, and it immediately cancels into the combo. Since when does any monster stay in one spot?
If you sheath IG you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>385715602
>t.someone that has no idea how to use IG properly
Talking about yourself there, bub?
>>
I just hope stuff like this comes back to World, part of why I love this series so much is because of its levity and funny moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_i61AZrEIg
>>
>>385716219
Personally I expect it to be very similar in tone to Dragon's Dogma. Not too serious, but not overtly silly.
>>
>>385716750
>>385716219
There's a gameplay footage (don't know which one at this point, there's like, 5 different footages of the same hunt out there at this point) showing off palicos, and they look incredibly silly. Your palico can pull out a tank out of nowhere and shoot the monster with it. As far as Palicos go, the tone is still as light as ever, and for what it's worth, the guild babe, while being bland and awfully voice acted, is cute and chipper, so I doubt it'll be very dark.
>>
>>385716750
>Personally I expect it to be very similar in tone to Dragon's Dogma.
It's like you never played an MH game before.
>>
>>385716941
Not the smartest cookie, are you
>>
File: Monster_hunter_world_logo.png (205KB, 609x280px) Image search: [Google]
Monster_hunter_world_logo.png
205KB, 609x280px
So do you guys think that pic related will make this series popular in the west?
>>
>>385717297
Well, I think it's unlikely your image will do that, but the game it's based on might
>>
>>385717297
If they pump enough money into marketing it, and the game turns out good, I honestly do.
>>
>>385717297
Not really. At least not by much.
It's popular when it matters - in my heart.
>>
File: 1499911946916.jpg (17KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1499911946916.jpg
17KB, 480x368px
>>385704085
>Great gear progression system
>RNG grind
>>
>>385717416
>RNG grind
>>
>>385717416
Small brained fools can't understand the fact that you unlock gear on a similar speed that it takes for you to familiarize yourself with the fight, as a result the game essentially rewards you for your quality of playing as well as your persistence. I'm almost certain that anyone that complains about the gear system as a grind has never actually played a monster hunter game properly
>>
File: 1463402631967.png (1MB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
1463402631967.png
1MB, 800x474px
>>385717416
>RNG grind
>not a great gear progression system
>>
>>385717416
>need Rathalos mats to upgrade the gear
>go hunt Nargacuga hoping it randomly drops the required mats
>it doesn't
WOW
RNG BULLSHIT
HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW
>>
>>385717297
Of course, mainly because it looks realistic in terms of graphics, so the west will eat it up. Especially so if people constantly compare it to Dark Souls in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>385704085
Because it's either released on a console that's dead in the west like the PSP or one by a bunch of children like the 3DS and Wii.
>>
>>385717297

Probably.

>game journalists review it and complain about how hard it is despite some of the changes making things easier for newcomers
>start calling it the next dark souls
>bandwagoners and streamers jump on the train and give it free marketing
>>
I hope World brings many, many new arrange compilations to light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBwt8T8P8Zs
I fucking LOVE this arrange. That rendition of Proof of a Hero
>>
>>385717297
As long as they release it with enough of a buffer between RDR2, it'll sell really well. There's not a whole lot slated for early 2018, is there?
>>
>>385708849
It takes maybe 20-30 minutes unless you try to "Get ahead of the curve" and gather EVERYTHING in those starter missions. Even if you do that it's only like 50 minutes to an hour at best unless you're OCD and have to gather every single last node on the map for the entire hunt timer.
>>
>>385718335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyrA_IU7zYQ
>>
File: 1486885722658.png (79KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1486885722658.png
79KB, 220x220px
>>385718253
I'm already dreading the inevitable "The new Dark Souls is finally here!" tier reviews and everything that comes with it. If these fucks called Crash Bandicoot the Dark Souls of platformers, there's no telling what'll happen when MHW comes out.
>>
>>385718645
>Is Monster Hunter the Dark Souls of Hunting Games?
I can't wait for all the shitty articles and youtube analysis videos.
>>
>>385718645
>It's the Dark Souls of hunting monsters. If only you didn't have to collect plants first.
>>
>>385718645
>Caring about what reviewers have to say
In all seriousness, I've stopped taking reviewers seriously. The only people I listen to are one man youtube channels, because then at least I can familiarize myself with the person in question and know what kind of shit they like, dislike, and what kind of playstyle suits them best.

Most reviewers are dumb drones that read out the back of the box with occasional inputs about things they like and dislike, followed by slapping a number between 7 to 10 at the end.
>>
File: 1500500728085.png (73KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1500500728085.png
73KB, 640x475px
>>385706034
>tfw none of the XX versions are getting localized anyway
>>
>>385718764
>>385718859
Expect more of this kind of shit.
>>
File: 1489571419104.jpg (17KB, 406x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489571419104.jpg
17KB, 406x480px
MH is pretty popular though, west likes it.

Even if it wasn't I wouldn't particularly mind. Anything the west likes they run it to the ground on the basis of "fixing it for the western audience".
>>
>>385719040
It seems like Capcom learned after that horrible period during 2009-2015 that outsourcing your IPs to western devs in hopes of getting a western audience is a really really really really really really really terrible idea and it's best to just stick with what you know works best.
>>
>>385719236
>>385719040
I honestly think the biggest barrier of entry for the west when it comes to MonHun is the fact that it feels like an old game. I know that it's intended and i know it's balanced that way, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of the mechanics feel REALLY dated and clunky. In doing some relatively minor tweaks you can go a long way into "modernizing" the series and making it more appealing to a new demographic. I think this is what they did here.

It also helps that they brought the A team to this challenge and the premise of this game wasn't "make it casual" but rather "make it modern". Here's to hoping that they don't actually make it casual.
>>
>>385719236
Didn't stop them in 2016 with Dead Rising 4. Although I feel like Capcom at least still cares about MH and won't let anything like that happen
>>
>>385719483
I totally forgot Dead Rising 4 was even a thing and I'm upset that you reminded me.
>>
>>385719535
>Forgetting how they killed Frank West and then sold zombie Frank West as DLC later
>>
File: JAKOOOOODAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (98KB, 911x736px) Image search: [Google]
JAKOOOOODAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
98KB, 911x736px
>>385719596
Stop reminding me.
>>
>>385719483
>>385719535
One of my friends had a "reliable source" that told him that MHW was being developed by Capcom Vancouver, and he told me this the moment I found out about the MHW announcement. I felt like I had found the light of truth when I found out that it was actually being developed by the A team again.

But yeah fuck Vancouver, those fuckers need to be forced to make mobile games for the rest of their existence for what they did to DR3 and DR4.
>>
>>385717297
I hope not. 4U's online playerbase was cancerous enough, and that only sold ~1million in the west.
>inb4: just solo everything fucking shutter
Shut up, co-op is fun
FUN
>>
File: UtnsNDT.gif (367KB, 186x234px) Image search: [Google]
UtnsNDT.gif
367KB, 186x234px
>>385706502

>Implying anyone can get mad at me while I play sick tunes in the middle of bashing a Monster's face

Don't need no rations boys. I've got you covered.
>>
>>385714625

That giant bullshit snake dragon on the mountain with the lightning was bullshit and you know it
>>
>>385719970
Ahh they weren't THAT bad. The only really problematic people were the frenchie IG players.
>>
File: 154742587.png (167KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
154742587.png
167KB, 500x449px
>>385720014
>Dalamadur
>Bullshit
Dude literally lets you wail on him until he tells you to stop
>>
>>385720031
Okay, maybe I was exaggerating a little, I just miss the cozy day's of Tri's online.
>>
Which Monster Hunter should I start with? I don't have any consoles so I'd have to stick with emulators.
>>
>>385720395
Your choice between Portable 3rd and Freedom Unite 2
Freedom Unite 2 - Earlier version of the game (generation 2) but it has G rank so it's got more content. Older version means less quality of life changes, less weapons, and worse hitboxes
Portable 3rd - Pretty much the opposite of everything that FU2 has. So, no G rank (only High Rank), smaller roster of monsters, but better technology behind it, more weapons, more quality of life shit, better hitboxes.

I'd go with Portable 3rd.
>>
>>385720395
Start with MHFU, then play P3rd.MHFU is 2nd gen, P3rd is 3rd gen but MHFU has much more content and is way harder so in the end it's better.
I started with P3rd and then moved to MHFU.Polish(mostly bad hitboxes), missing movesets, some terrible monsters in MHFU made it hard to go from P3rd to MHFU
>>
>Why is it niche in the West?
because capcom is too stupid to release at the same time worldwide so by the time it comes out in the west theres no hype anymore
>>
>>385720553
Oh also Portable 3rd never came out in the west so you have to settle for a fan translation, it's well translated but still.
>>
File: 1425515183793.jpg (179KB, 788x651px) Image search: [Google]
1425515183793.jpg
179KB, 788x651px
>>385706558
>tfw never broken the rank thing so I always appear as rank 7 or 8

Maybe World will be the first time I break it
>>
File: 1486445092586.jpg (130KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
1486445092586.jpg
130KB, 600x389px
>>385720627
>Sony hasn't been pushing it at all, aside from previewing it at their E3 presentation
>Microsoft isn't going to advertise
>lol PC
>>
>>385720820
They've been publishing every single official video on their social media accounts, what more do you want for a game that's not even got a release date?
>>
File: l_547f1a45854fe.jpg (39KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
l_547f1a45854fe.jpg
39KB, 425x640px
>>385720820
What's your definition of "pushing it"?
>>
>>385720776
Like half of the late game quests require you to have unlocked HR. Why would you ever willingly stay locked? You don't get any badass points for disguising yourself as an above average HR newbie.
>>
>>385720958
Reminding people it exists for one. Outside of 4chan, and threads specifically talking about Capcom and their products for that matter, I've rarely seen it mentioned. Even the few normies I know showed zero interest in it when I showed them it.
>>
>>385706757

I hate when people reduce a game to basic words like this. Yes, you do roll, parry, and attack in Monster Hunter. Those are the biggest mechanics of the game. That's like saying
>Go to a movie
>Look at a screen

Theres more to it than that.
>>
>>385721208
And what's an example a console maker "pushing it"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc
>>
File: 1427304083209.gif (4MB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
1427304083209.gif
4MB, 576x324px
>>385720983
I just get tired of soloG and I chose to grind monsters I liked rather than fighting the ones I needed to to unlock HR

think I needed to beat jhen in 3U and could never do it solo since I exclusively used hammer, later figure out he's a joke if I just used GS instead in 4U
>>
>>385714701
the dumbshit would be like 'oh BONES lemme check out this bone' and then wonder why they were launched twenty feet into the air

this happens CONSTANTLY
>>
>>385711882
:14 convinced me to try hammer.
>>
>>385721487
Makes more sense for Sony to push it more in Japan because it's exclusive to PS4 there. Sony's also no doubt desperate to get the Nips that only give a shit about handhelds too.
>>
>>385721919
But that's in Hong Kong. It's written in the fucking video title even if you cannot tell apart the Cantonese.
>>
Did 3U add many large swimming monsters?
>>
>>385722480
Define "add". In any case eh...kinda. Brought back the ones missing from P3rd and readded the Plesioths, then a Ceadeus sub and Lagiacrus sub and rare. If you mean completely new and no-sub, then no, only Miralis.
>>
How much does armor matter in MH4U? For a guy who faints at least once a hunt.
>>
>>385723428
By armor you defense? Well, you probably should get it above a certain threshold once you get to G-rank, so you wouldn't get one shot. But you really should be aiming for the skills first and foremost. Top sets usually have adequate defenses too.
>>
>>385705904
i dont see the problem with a map and cha cha and kayambas health bars on the side of my screen. Also i used the toch screens d-pad more than the physical one to adjust my camera. The touch screen is fine in my opinion. Can you not control your hands?
>>
>>385725046
>defense?
Yeah
Just wondering how long I can keep this qt Arzuros outfit. I'm not looking forward to high level armors because they look like warframes and shit.
>>
Know people here won't really care but Stories seem to finally get a release date.
>September 8th
>Samus Returns is coming September 15th
Man that's just really stupid timing.
>>
>>385725732
Pros hunt in no armor. Wear what you want
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.