[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was her problem anyways?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 7

File: 43tdsfdsfs.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
43tdsfdsfs.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
What the fuck was her problem anyways?
>>
her mum was murdered.
>>
she was dishonored
>>
>>385703443
i still dont understand how you can have your entire empire betray for a unkown cunt that was the bastard Child of your gandfather.

no one gave two shits about her and suddenly she just walks up the throne and says "its my turn to be empress now" and no one questions it. what did carvo do the last 12 years? nothing improve at all.
>>
>>385704486
i would have liked it if she turned out to be a better ruler and Emily and having her question if she had the right to rule when everyone had it better. but instead Delila had everyone who joined her killed for some reason and turned dunwall into a shit hole with a bunch of pyscho bitches running around.

female leaders were a mistake.
>>
>>385704486
She wasn't betrayed by the entire empire, just a contingent of the palace guard that were supported by the Duke and his killer robots. This was also after a shitload of political unrest with her most vocal detractors getting brutally murdered, with everybody assuming it was the royal protector's work.

There probably should have been a lot more fallout in Dunwall from the coup, but almost all of the game takes place somewhere else anyway.
>>
>>385704486
Emily was generally disliked by the people and then the Duke and Delilah took the throne by force.

Half the people saw it as justice and the others couldnt do anything to stop it.
>>
>>385704486
did you just skip dialogues, letters and audiographs?
>>
>>385704486
People weren't okay with it though, just look at the state of things in that final mission. The newspaper editor even lets you know what the people think of Delilah. Problem is she and her coven of witches have literal superpowers in addition to the clockwork soldiers. What the fuck anon?
>>
>>385705039
>>385705095
>>385705237
>>385705256
i was just thinking there should have been more rebelions and in fighting going on. or atleast a resistence like in the first.
>>
>>385705589
There wasn't much fighting to be done, Delilah wasn't actually ruling from the palace, and they disabled the canal that would have allowed any significant forces to make it up to the palace, leaving only small groups able to make it up (like the Overseer assault) to get torn apart by killbots and witches. The loyalist guards were all murdered at the start of the game, and the guards that participated in the coup were later murdered by Delilah and her witches.
>>
>>385705589
There were but none that we got to see, unfortunately. Only got glimpses of Overseers getting murdered and their bodies everywhere around the palace. I guess it's a lot harder to put up a fight against teleporting witches with robot support.
>>
>>385705589
the crown killer was making the people distrust emily for a while, she admits that she didn't take her position seriously and let things deteriorate, etc

all the loyal guards were killed, people fled the city, the overseers were all slaughtered

and most of the game takes place in a part of the empire ruled by the duke far from dunwall, not likely to see many loyalists there
>>
>>385703443
She had a revenge boner and some spooky Demon gave her the powers to exact it. Same as the first really.
>>
File: Overseer_poseCloseUp.jpg (196KB, 1600x556px) Image search: [Google]
Overseer_poseCloseUp.jpg
196KB, 1600x556px
>>385704486
>i still dont understand how you can have your entire empire betray for a unkown cunt that was the bastard Child of your gandfather.
>no one gave two shits about her and suddenly she just walks up the throne and says "its my turn to be empress now" and no one questions it. what did carvo do the last 12 years? nothing improve at all.
You think thats bad?

How the fuck can Overseers still exists when both Corvo and Emily know the Outsider is real and is the god of Dishonored universe.
How can Emily have a huge branch of her empire dedicated to hunting down and killing Outsider believers when she is a one, and Corvo is marked by the Outsider.
You would think she would be keen on stopping the religious fanatics in case her father gets grabben by them, but nope.
They seem even more powerful than in last game.
>>
>>385703443
Her mom was murdered and monsters are trying to destroy the world
>>
>>385703443
i went high chaos without looking back. killing is to fun in the game to pass up and edgy Emily did things to my Willy.
>>
>>385706649
If anything, they would know that the Outsider is a trickster God anon. Corvo doesn't like him and Emily only got marked in the beginning of D2. It's pretty clear the dude's not a benevolent being.
>>
>>385703443
she looks too much like hideo kojima
>>
>>385706649
the overseers don't claim that the outsider isn't real, they claim that he is very real and is a corrupting influence, and lets be honest he is, he gives people superpowers because he's bored and wants to see how much of a mess they make with them.
>>
>>385706649
>overseers getting destroyed
>who could be behind this?

I'm quite sure if they tried to dismantle the organization the coup would have happened faster.
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (3MB, 1851x2618px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
3MB, 1851x2618px
If they make another one I hope it take place in the North.

Also most non-lethal assassination in 2 were kinda lackluster compared to 1.
>>
>>385707096
True. The best was turning that genius into an idiot autismo. The problem was that they made the targets mostly sympathetic victims.
>>
>>385707096
at least we got drop non-lethal takeouts.
>>
>>385706649
The Overseers are less whacky than they were in Dishonored. Remember that the Overseers we saw in the first game were so-called Warfare Overseers, and that the organisation was run by a thoroughly corrupt dickhead. Besides, the Abbey of the Everyman is the largest religious institution in the isles and I bet a lot of the empire's influence relies on them. Corvo was even friends with the new High Overseer who seemed to be a good guy.
>>
>>385707172
>want to make duke abele pay for his crimes
>my only choices are to slit his throat or make his body double lead karnaca into a new age.
Im not going to let my daughter sit on the throne while this asshole helped organize a coup, he had to go.
why the fuck could I not just lock him up in dunwall prisons.
>>
>>385707341
The thing that really annoys me about the options you got for Duke Abele is that the non-lethal one completely undermines Emily's rule. He was obviously one of the leaders of the recent coup; what does him being pardoned by the empress say about her rule? Makes Emily come off as weak and inept.
>>
>>385706649
>No game about a High Overseer getting branded by the Outsider, only to use it as a force to combat him and become a martyr.

What a shame.
>>
>>385707172
>victims

they were all assholes except the Crown killer. i thought the duke would have this sob story to him that would make me want to spare him but it turns out, his just an ungreatful entitled degenerate who rather have orgis than to fix his city.

his house was cool though.
>>
>>385707096
>Brand the head religious guy as a heretic
>Cut off their tongues and throw the twins into slavery
>Sell Lady Boyle as a sexslave to an obsessed stalker
>Have the main coup guy thrown into prison
>Steal Dauds pouch to prove you could easily have killed him
>Watch the conspirators turn on each other and send the surrivors to prison

>Imprison a guy into the saferoom, where he eventually turn mad and starve to death
>Cure a Dr. Jekyll assassin
>Lobotomize a genius
>Take away the powers of a witch, turning her mad
>Replace the Duke with his double and have him thrown into an asylum
>Imprison the bad queen into a painting forever (again)
>>
>>385707571
I didn't like his house, it felt too modern for the setting.
>>
>>385707571
The guy in that time traveling mission was pretty decent, then again he wasn't really part of the coup
>>
>>385707341
It's interesting to note that if you use the broadcasting machine as Corvo 'after' completing the non-lethal option, he explains that Abele was mislead by Delilah and that there was a misunderstanding the Duke between and Emily, and that they have "parleyed". Or something along those lines.
>>
>>385707692
I think it was kinda the point, he destroyed the old house and replaced it with a too modern version
>>
>>385707692
but that is what made it so cool. also that theme made me feel i was in some spanish Bond Movie.
>>
>>385705095
>Corvo and Emily be nice and spare people and bring about a golden age
>People rebel and whine anyway and gladly serve a crazed witch

Low Chaos is truly the wrong way to play, being nice to people just doesn't work, the only thing they understand is steel.
>>
>>385707172
Yeah the electro-lobotomy was perfect. Finally, a non-lethal option that still lets me completely fuck someone up irrevocably.
>>
>>385706786
>>385706983
Who are they to judge God.
He may be not similar to to the Christian God, but he is God and you have to bend the knee.
It just makes no sense for Corvo and Emily to support the religious order.
>>385707073
>>385707319
Even so, you have to risk it. You cant have such a powerful organization within your own empire undermining your rule and oppressing your citizens.
If anything Overseers are not loved by the people, and their military presence cant be a match for the might of the empire, once they would be wiped out there would be nothing to worry about.

It just shows how little sense the political situation in Dishonored 2 makes, its like they copied Dishonored 1 world and didnt bother to update it for the 15 years or so that passed.
One of my first acts as an emperor would proclaiming war on the order and destroying anything related to it, one ruler, one people.
City and town watch will be the only form of law enforcement in my empire, no one man can question the authority of the empress.
>>
>Be Outsider
>See a man incredibly talented in murder, as a teenager his name brings fear in the streets
>Give him magic powers
>He murders even harder
>Suddenly it's all my fault and I have to and all the deaths are pinned on me

Fucking Daud, he's the biggest hypocrite in the game.

>I am sick of being an assassin, Corvo, and to show how regretful I am, I will have my men assassinate you
>Damnit, Outsider, look at all those people I magicked to death since you gave me these powers when I became one of the biggest criminals in the city, this is all your fault, you made me this way
>>
>God Tier
A Crack in the Slab
The Clockwork Mansion

>High Tier
The Good Doctor
The Grand Palace

>Mid Tier
Edge of the World

>Shit Tier
Death to the Empress
The Royal Conservatory

>Tutorial Tier
A Long Day in Dunwall
>>
>>385703443
The whole story is retarded anyway. MUH "evil duke murdering people and building a robot army". Nigga what were YOU doing as empressm your fucking job is to protect your people.
>>
>>385708036
>Fucking Daud, he's the biggest hypocrite in the game.
True.
He could have done great things with his powers, he didnt.
He was given all the opportunity he lacked as a child and more, he was made one of the people who would define the world, and all he did was murder for money.

I hate the upcoming DLC idea. Its destroys any potential development and grown Daud had, and takes back him finally taking responsibility for his actions.
In the end hes as evil as one can get.
>>
File: bgfcdfgdfg.jpg (56KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
bgfcdfgdfg.jpg
56KB, 970x545px
You did kill her, right?
>>
>>385707989
>He may be not similar to to the Christian God, but he is God and you have to bend the knee.
So he's not similar to the christian god, but you take for granted that you're supposed to behave the exact same way towards him? Who ever said you do and why exactly?
>>
>>385708257
>He could have done great things with his powers, he didnt

I mean, he was a famous murderer LONG BEFORE he met the Outsider got his powers. And then he blames the Outsider for all the people he killed.

>>385708258
D1, yes.

>I'm sorry I didn't gather stronger allies so I could kill you, Daud

What kind of stupid apology is that?

D2 Billy was fine, though she probably will go full retard in the DLC.
>>
>>385708273
What?
I didnt say a word on ho you should behave, but putting up some kind sign of a recognition of the Outsider, a statue in the middle of the palace would be a nice start.
But no matter how you will behave, just closing your eyes and pretending he dosnt exists is not the way to go, he is your god, and you have to accept that. Whats the point of life in denial?
Proclaiming him as the ruler of the void and overseer of the empire, stopping the rampant rumors of his nature and maybe creating a church to spread the word on what he really is would be an obvious next step.
>>
>>385703443
ugly as sin
>>
Some of my many issues with the narrative

1. Why Emily didn't put on the skull mask? Corvo spends the whole game as a marble sculpture if you pick her, so why wouldn't she use his mask? Wasted fucking opportunity.
2. Speaking of which, WHY the hell the other character gets completely exluded from the game when you pick Corvo or Emily? That's completely opposite of what I'd expect to happen. You should be able to talk to other character thorough the game and see how they react to your actions. Completely ruined any chance for development between Corvo and Emily.
3. Why Arkane doesn't give a shit about players' choices? Why reuse a villian from the DLC we could actually kill? And now I'm hearing we're playing Billie in the next part, which is insulting too, because we had the choice kill her TWO times on different occasions.
4. Delilah is a terrible villain. Awful, retconned backstory, trying to make us feel sorry for her. 1:1 the same boss fight like in the Daud DLC.
5. Why the fuck even bring Emily and Corvo to Karnaca in the first place? It would work so much better with a new character, already living in Karnaca. Instead they force an idiotic plot to excuse them going all down to other continent.
>>
gentleman, how do we kill the outsider?
>>
>>385704486

Entire Empire didn't betray her. Palace Guard betrayed her, then the witches took over. You see army regulars and later the religious sect itself slaughtered on the gates of the Tower, so clearly things had already escalated into a state of civil war by the time you get back.
>>
>>385708556
Maybe you weren't paying attention to him at all in either game, but he's not a god in the christian sense. Worshiping him in any way would probably be detrimental to you since he doesn't fucking care.
>>
>>385708556
But why? It's clear he doesn't care for it and Corvo doesn't even worship the damned guy either. Why would he suddenly start pledging his and Emily's life to a being that doesn't ask for it? They don't even pretend that he doesn't exist, the Overseers don't pretend he doesn't exist either. Corvo does pretend he isn't touched by the Outsider because proclaiming that would just get himself executed.
>>
>>385707629
>>Imprison a guy into the saferoom, where he eventually turn mad and starve to death
I like to pretend corvo left the pistol and ONE SHOT.
>>
>>385708658
Man, can you say nitpicking?
What about the fact you can play as the EMPRESS, fucking where is your army?
Not every person in the empire can be a part of the the betray, just find nearest captain and start gathering your people.
Where is your royal guard?
Where is your spy network?
Your fleet? After all its an Empire of Islands.
Where are your servants?
Where is your treasury and judicial staff.
Ad visors?
Messengers?

Where is anybody, who the fuck runs this empire.

Thats what makes no sense.
>>
>>385708556
>I didnt say a word on ho you should behave
followed by "How you should behave" headcanon.
He doesn't ask to be worshipped or acknowledged and he doesn't claim to me some sort of moral compass, and what you take from this is "we should worship him with statues and put him at the rein of the world".
>>
>>385708881
I'm supsending my disbelief for those. But the ones I listed actually affected my enjoyment.
>>
Is Delilah actually Jessamine's sister in canon, does anyone except her say it?

Personally I like to imagine it's the lie of a madwoman
>>
>>385708726
My guess? With the same dagger that turned him into the Outsider in the first place. Billie is seen using something that looks like it in the trailer, and it was prevalent in the D2 tie-in comics.
>>
>>385708658
>>385708953
going to karnaca is a nice return to home for corvo, and I actually like that she didn't use the skull mask
the rest of those are pretty annoying though
That said, having both Corvo and Emily alive and not encased in stone would beg the question of why the other doesn't help the player in their missions at all.
>>
>>385708673

I like her design very much. I hope she sets a standard to follow, but unlikely.
>>
>>385709003
If it is true, I find it laudable that the crux of her entire character's motivation is that she got taddled on as child.
>>
>>385709003
I like to believe that too. Jessamine seems to recognize Delilah if you use the heart on her but that still doesn't prove that she's her half sister.
>>
>>385708858
Why not two or three? Or an entire box so he can practice marksmanship before killing himself?
>>
>>385708658
1. Why do you want her to? Also, it probably wouldn't fit.
2. You'd replace this question with "why isn't the other character helping in any way? I wish they, like, turned him/her into a statue or something for all the good they are!"
>>
>>385707629
>>385708858
Ramsey doesn't die of starvation, he gets encased in marble after finally finding the safe. He's the first guy you see if you head back up through the safe room.
>>
>>385709071
I found that her explanation was more the chain of events that followed being tattled on as a child, but it's still fucking hilarious to blame jessamine and emily directly for all of the problems in her life
>>
>>385708814
Dosnt matter if he cares or not. He is, and he is god.
Even a small favor from him could change the Empire for ever.
>>385708852
>>385708915
People deserve to know, and people deserve to know of the marked.
Imagine what good Outsider marked could do for they do in the employ of the Empire rather than being assassins, thiefs, persecuted witches and people in hiding.

He may not ask for statues, but its what he should be given, hell, he needs an entire church, how can you ignore a force that can wipe out the world if it wants.
Why persecute the witches when their understanding of the void could do so much good?
And again, one good favor, and the Empire becomes a paradise.
>>
>You can end the game as corvo and not revive emily and become emperor yourself

DEVILISH
>>
>>385709192
>"Life is simply unfair."
It almost feels like Uchikoshi secretly wrote D2.
>>
>>385709243
dont make any sense at all but cool i guess.
>>
>>385709217
Honestly, I think the Outsider would find a church dedicated to him boring. Also, he is above all a being that is bored. His boredom mixed with his power makes him and his influence dangerous. The Abbey of the Everyman is a pretty natural response to someone like the outsider
>>
>>385709243
You can do the same as Emily and keep Corvo encased in marble, though it's a little less impressive.
>>
>>385709307
>Stupid fucking women couldn't rule an empire without fucking it up
>Better step up to the plate and do it myself
it makes sense
>>
>>385709217
dude
your fanfic sucks
>>
>Dishonored 3
>Grandpa corvo arrives in the capital to meet his grandson who has locked himself in prison to protect others from himself
>Corvo convinces him he can control his power and he releases himself
>Emily falls ill and only has 50 days to live
>Corvo, his grandson and a mysterious black man from a distant land must travel the isles and hunt down Vampire Hirram Burrows
>on the way they gain new allies all with unique powers and fight the bad guy's minions that have similar powers to them

Would you play it
>>
>>385703443
To prove that gods are fucking jerks
>>
>>385707989

He's not anything like the Christian god.

He's not immortal or omnipotent. He's just a being who somehow moderates or maintains the Void, which seems to be what fuels the metaphysical aspects of the Dishonored universe.

It's also important to the note that the Outsider is always a human forced to ascend to their position by human magic once the old one fades and dies.
>>
>>385709437

Sure. Sounds a bit cool, if derivative.
>>
So we all know how the Billie DLC is going to just be a long explanation on how she frees the dude and becomes the Outsider herself, don't we?
>>
>>385709217
But see, you're projecting your own personality and beliefs onto Corvo and Emily. I can understand that you think that's what's best to be done, that it's worth the risk and blood spilled. But why would Corvo and Emily do it? Corvo's already seen what the misuse of the Outsider's mark can lead to (Granny Rags, Daud) and the Overseers aren't the only people who believe in the Scriptures. As with any religion, logically there would be believers in all layers of society. Declaring war on the church wouldn't pit the everyone against the Overseers, it would also send believers of the faith to the Overseers in order to oppose the heretic Empress. You would willingly put your entire country through civil war and spill all that blood, cause all that chaos, to appease a god that doesn't even give a fuck? It's ironic since you're exactly the type of person that would just bring the world down if he were given such a power. There's not a single ounce of forethought at all in your argument.
>>
>>385709312
Pretty natural?
You expect to fight god?

Whats next, an Abby dedicating to fighting the sun since its shining too bright and destroying the crops? One putting black paint on windows and claiming light is evil?
Dont be ridiculous.

Also Outsider might be a bit chaotic in his reasoning and actions, but he is not evil or destructive. Its the people who in the end turn out to be failures, or in case of Piero Joplin and the other inventor, great men who improve the empire from the Outsider whispers.
>>385709417
You right, rather have an internally inconsistent and contradictory world building of Dishonored 2 world.
Where the Empress funds a religious organization dedicated to persecuting herself and oppressing her own people.
Where the god of this world is though to be a myth regardless of his signs being everywhere and his believers are hunted down and killed, even though the one paying for it is a believer herself.
Where Emily has no supporters or a single servant to speak of, and where an invading Duke and same random woman claims the throne and nobody cares.
Ye, fuck logic.
>>
>>385709535
>He's not anything like the Christian god.
>He's not immortal or omnipotent.
Nether were the Greek or Roman gods, or for the matter gods of even some modern religions.
Your point is?
The fact he was once a man makes him any less powerful?
>>
>>385709818

Yes, that is his point. Which is why we are getting a DLC to kill him.
>>
>>385709437
Whatever happens I'm 90% sure Dishonored 3 will feature Emily's child in some way.
>>
>>385709909
>Wyman's gender remains unconfirmed.
Thanks Harvey.
>>
>>385709818

That is exactly my point. Just like in the stories of Rome and Greece, the gods are able to be curtailed or overcome by humanity.

Really, though - the Outsider is more like if Loki was the only Norse god.
>>
>>385709738
>Where the Empress funds a religious organization dedicated to persecuting herself and oppressing her own people.
But again, Emily didn't have powers until the beginning of Dishonored 2 when she's stripped of her powers. She wasn't even sure that Corvo was marked until he time stopped in that intro. And why are you claiming that Emily has zero supporters and that the people of Dunwall willingly accepted Delilah's rule? The newspaper editor gives you the rundown of your supporters in Dunwall and Delilah and her coven are literally forcing people to accept her rule. In fact, she's doing exactly what you're proposing is a good idea to do; oppose the Overseers and everyone who believes in the Scriptures causing mass chaos and destruction in the process.
>>
The Outsider should mark an Overseer for shits n giggles
>>
>>385709714
No, i project a working brain on Emily.
The Overseers are hated and feared by the people, they oppress the populous and undermine the law enforcement and the seat of the Empress. They are a drain on the economy and a cancerous growth that has to be cut down.

What ruler would allow an Organization that he has no control over to take over so much of his government.
Not to mention they are wrong. Civil war? Just arm the citizens and they would tear them down themself, they hate the order which murders people in the streets at random with no consequences.
>>
>>385710140

Now that would be some good DLC.
>>
>>385707989
I think you're overestimating the military presence of the Overseers. They have militant overseers for sure, and gear of their own, but they're more like a religious police than a military. Besides, in Dishonored 2 they ARE made out to be less bad than they were under Campbell and Burrows; they have even better reasons to hate the Outsider after Delilah's coup than before, and aren't about to differentiate between her witches and some marked criminal who wears a mask. The Overseers of Karnaca are obviously in warfare-mode again as their leader (correctly) suspects that the Royal Conservatory is a witches' den and that they're manipulating the Oracular Order. They're also tied up in a conflict with a violent street gang led by a man who practiced black magic aswell. That said, they're obviously overly zealous in a way that really isn't acceptable, shown executing suspected heretics in the Dust District without a trial, and I really wish they'd have toned them down a bit more for the second game. 15 years might not be enough to phase out the Overseer faction from the Abbey, but they should've atleast curtailed the ability to play Judge Dredd, unless there's some big obstacle like their right to act as religious SWAT being written into the constitution and the order having many supporters in parliament.

As far as religious fanatics in vidya goes they're pretty fucking rad. Pic related is early concept art.
>>
>>385709876
Ye, and the idea for the DLC is just moronic.
>>385709976
Even if they can outsmart him, he still is a powerful ancient being with knowledge and influence of the world far beyond human understanding.
I guess like with your parents, with gods you cant chose what you get, you have to accept the reality how it is.
>>
>>385710173
>they hate the order which murders people in the streets at random with no consequences.
But they don't do this though. They arrest people and have public executions, but they don't go and just murder the fuck out of people in the streets. What the fuck are even talking about? Also, you don't stop a drain on public resources by inciting civil war anon. Thankfully your working brain remains active only on /v/.
>>
File: DotO_Steam_screenshot_2.jpg (982KB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
DotO_Steam_screenshot_2.jpg
982KB, 3840x2400px
what do you guys think about the new dlc?
assassinating the outsider sounds interesting but i'm not sure about the whole time travel thing they introduced in 2 and apparently some of the comics
at least the old clockwork soldiers are gonna be in it
that's nice
>>
>>385707568
>>385710140
>>385710186
Francis Perry
>First Overseer to personally encounter and combat an incarnation of the Outsider.
Went missing during the Fugue Feast, his body was never found.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Notable_Clergy
>>
>>385710370
I don't doubt that it'll be fun to play, but I wanted to play Daud, not Billie.
>>
>>385710295

>he still is a powerful ancient being with knowledge and influence of the world

Sure, but he's not perfect. He makes mistakes - or more appropriately, he's so bored with his massive power that he just doesn't give a fuck about the consequences anymore.

The Outsider functions as a deconstruction of the typical concept of a god or deity in a fantasy setting. He's humanized and purposefully made to have an inevitable end as a plot device.

That is why the DLC is not moronic. It's been hinted at since the first game. Don't mask your own lack of understanding of the lore with /v/ contrarianism.
>>
>>385708658
Corvo'smask was designed for his face.
>>
>>385709994
>She wasn't even sure that Corvo was marked until he time stopped in that intro.
Which makes no sense as supposedly Outsider visited her even in the first game.
Unless shes completely clueless about her own Empire, which makes her even a dumber person.

Ye, the game makes some efforts at the justification of the overthrow, but its pretty weak.
It for one relies on the idea is the worst Empress to ever held the position, completely detached from anything being no more than a figure head with no power over anything.
And it relies on the Empire having no standing army or navy, which would be loyal to the Empire. No way even ordered any Army would allow an invading force into their own land, the Duke would never be able to bring his people without a huge military engagement.
>>
>>385710327
Public execution with no judge or jury is murder in the street you clown.
> Also, you don't stop a drain on public resources by inciting civil war anon.
Ye, do do it be assembling your army and crushing the tiny Abby, what match is it for a might of an entire country?
>>
>>385704167
Jesus Christ, really?
>>
I really came to appreciate how well written Anton Sokolov was in this game. A bitter, old man awash in an ocean of guilt and regret, realizing that despite all the knowledge he possesses, time is affecting him terribly. A whisper from the Heart claims he's getting early stages of Alzheimer, and I really have to pity the guy.
>>
>>385710625
>Which makes no sense as supposedly Outsider visited her even in the first game.
In her dream anon, as a child and even she and Calista talk about it as a nightmare. Her meeting him in the beginning of D2 was the first time she could confirm his existence. I don't even understand your argument here, she's aware of the Outsider, she knows that there are people worshipping him and that there are even those studying the Void (she has a book on it in the safe room). Are you arguing that she's dumb for not pitting her entire Empire against the Overseers because you (not her) like the Outsider so much?

Also, you're confusing the entire Empire with Dunwall specifically. Dunwall is just the centre island and main seat of the Empire. You also somehow missed the fact that the highest Captain of the guard (Ramsey) was a key figure behind the betrayal. He greenlit that invading army without Corvo's knowledge. He even stirred up his own faction within the city watch and royal guards to mutiny against the Empress. It's ironic that you're arguing the political situation in D2 makes no sense, that the sequence of events defies logic when you're purposely ignoring key events established in the first fucking mission.
>>
>>385703443
>Mommy gets murdered in front of her
>Gets kidnapped and treated awfully
>Gets kidnapped and treated awfully again by her former rescuers
>Not really suited to be a ruler, but forced into it because MUH HEREDITARY LINEAGE
>Loses her empire and father to a coup done by some cunt claiming to be her aunt
>Found out that Satan is real when he gave her evil magic powers

If the story wasn't so awfully executed I might actually feel bad for her
>>
>>385710524
Maybe, but we never see him having and real physical form to be killed, hes like a mist, once here once there, or a voice or a dream, giving unimaginable power with a wave of the hand.
The idea that a simple man with some simple tricks like Daud would be match for him is just silly.

Also it makes the lore seem much more silly.
I for one always imagined the gods of the void just .. fade away. Like the Outsider, get detached and forgotten.
Not that they got a fucking knife between the ribs.
If Daud becomes the next vessel for the void it will piss me off even more.

The DLC will have to give Daud so much plot armor, and pull out of the writer ass some special circumstances like "when the moon is full, Outside will become a man for one night and have to finger his ass here and there and then you can stab him with this magical rotten finger of a old witch".
I fucking hate such deus ex machina plot devices, the goal set for the premise of the DLC is clearly impossible without some sort of an asspull.
>>
>>385710731
Which we only see happen in Karnaca, where even the Vice Overseer there is casting doubts on what the fuck was going on in his order. And again, what if a significant portion of your army and people are believers in the Scriptures? Do you kill them too? What if they flock to the Overseers and oppose you?
>>
>>385711030
>Are you arguing that she's dumb for not pitting her entire Empire against the Overseers because you (not her) like the Outsider so much?
No, for allowing the Abby to having any form of power and influence in the Empire.
The fact they can murder people with no regard for the law is just insane.

Even without Outsider existing, allowing Overseers to exists for another 15 years make no sense.
>You also somehow missed the fact that the highest Captain of the guard (Ramsey) was a key figure behind the betrayal.
I didnt miss that. I just dont understand the military structure of the this country.
Is the city guard the only form of active military they have? What about and navy? How do they transport their soldiers? Who enforces the law on the island outside of the main cities? What about the royal guard? Does Emily really have no personal protection directly under her own command? There should be hundreds of her loyal servants stationed in the castle itself. tens of thousands in such a big capital city, how could they be all part of the coup?
Where are her generals? Who orders the army during war?
How can she have nobody outside a single royal protector?
Does she personally not know any commanding officer to employ him to help her?

Also the fact a lot of exposition is hidden in random notes in random places out of any order dosnt help in understanding it.
The Empire is just so fucking big, but the scope of the story makes it seems like it takes in a tiny town of 10 000 people.
>>
>>385711179
I'm a bit bothered by the fact that we never got to see the Oracles. They were depicted as a big deal in Karnaca in DH1, yet in the game they're nowhere to be seen and are only mentioned.

Maybe we go fuck their place up in the DLC?
>>
>>385711783
>One single Empress that has been ruling for only a handful of years can undo hundreds of years of indoctrination, religious enlightenment and zealotry just because she wants to.
It would be like trying to undermine Christianity in this day an age, it's an insurmountable task.
>>
>>385711179
Then they still undermine your rule.
Im not saying to purge them in a day, but 15 years is more than enough time to suffocate them out of any money, arms and support and outright take away any special rights they have.
The game just pretends no time Passed between the sequel an original game, i really hate that.
>>
>>385711886
Or like Queen Victoria disbanding the Church of England at 25.
>>
>>385711886
There were rulers that conquered half the world in 15 years. World war lasted less including Hitlers rise to power and Germanys collapse.
She is the most powerful person in the known world, she could do anything, including executing all the nobility and giving away their possessions only to the cheers of the people.
>>
>>385711907
That's also implying that the Overseers are that overly zealous in all parts of the Empire and not just Karnaca. We already have notes and logs in D2 that mention how the Duke allowed the Overseers free reign in Karnaca to fuck things up there, causing troubles for the Empire as a whole which undermines the Empress' rule while also hiding that fact from the Empress and her advisors in Dunwall. Why are you ignoring this and are implying that all Overseers everywhere murder the fuck out of people in the streets? And again, above all else, why should Emily and Corvo pit the Empire against the Abbey at all? Your headcanon defies in-game lore and real world logic anon, what the fuck?
>>
>>385712101
>She is the most powerful person in the known world, she could do anything, including executing all the nobility and giving away their possessions only to the cheers of the people.
Uh, she can't really do any of that. She's a head of state, not government, and is tied down by a constitution and parliament run BY those very nobles. The Empire of the Isles isn't even close to being an absolute monarchy, and Delilah's actual influence was basically confined to her immediate surroundings in Dunwall and Karnaca thanks to her co-conspirators.
>>
How to Clockwork Mansion? I'm doing non-lethal no powers.
>>
>>385712283
Bring lots of zappy mines, look up at the ceiling in the lobby and pop the window with a bolt.
>>
>>385711150
They're obviously going to go back to the place in the void where there was a fucking knife sticking out of the outsider's body. The place that shows how he died. It seems pretty clear to me even now that that's how it will happen.
>>
>>385712346
I can't get up there, I don't have blink. Non-lethal, no powers, no alerts, no kills.
>>
>>385712474
Oh sorry, I just blanked out on the "no powers" bit.

Zappy mines for days I guess.
>>
>>385712474
talking to jindosh doesn't technically count as an alert
if you want to do the achievement where you don't alert him, you need to use blink
>>
>>385711940
>Public Worship Bill is the same as disbanding the Church.
Yeah, nah, try again, mate.
>>
>>385712507
Just stick it on the robots? I whacked one of them the other day and it sliced me into pieces.
>>
>>385712564
robots take two drop attacks to kill, and the first one blinds them
every robot has some small piece of furniture near it you can use to do this
>>
>>385712559
Yeah, looks like I'll have to that another time.

>>385712610
That doesn't count as a kill, right? What about the zappy mines?
>>
>>385712716
robots dont count as kills no matter how you take them out, but i wouldnt waste a stun mine on them unless they've already woken up. most of the are asleep
>>
>>385712564
It takes 2 zaps from the Stun Mine to destroy a Clockwork Soldier, so I hope you upgraded it. You can activate the first switch, destroy the Soldier that comes up and carry on through the hall. No more should activate provided you never get detected. Oh, except for the one in the Assessment Chamber.
>>
>>385712234
I judge them as the game presents them.
But even if they are saints in other parts of the Empire, they still are outside of the law, and that can not be allowed.
Also i said why, since they persecute Outsiders believers, who is a a gad, the only god as far as we know of this world, and Corvo is marked by him.
It would be like a black ruler had a institution dedicated to hanging all blacks in his Empire, including himself.
Just imagine what would happen if the Abby learned about Corvos mark, they would scream for his head.
>>
>>385712563
I wasn't referencing a real life event, I was just making an analogy to a real life person and organisation. I didn't even know what the Public Worship Bill was (until now)
>>
>>385712275
She cant do shit judging by the game.
At lest didnt do shit far 15 years.
>>
File: tooplayful.jpg (51KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
tooplayful.jpg
51KB, 300x400px
>>385712783
>>385712786
Thanks, guys.
>>
>>385712101
But what you're suggesting is an affront on a religious organization-- one that has existed for hundreds of years and is prevalent throughout the families and lives of the Empire's citizens. This isn't a war, it's an unceremonious and abrupt end to an otherwise stable form of religion. In the Dishonored universe, all forms of heresy are branded illegal and are sanctioned to laws of the state. In both games, the Overseers were used as a militant force to maintain martial law; thus, their law (martial law) is effectively the state law.
>>
>>385712835
>Just imagine what would happen if the Abby learned about Corvos mark, they would scream for his head.
And the solution to this is to proclaim your love for the Outsider, incite civil war on people who believe in the Scriptures and build statues dedicated to the Outsider? Why not just keep it on the down low? Especially since Corvo isn't even worshipping the damned 'god' at all. Just being marked by him wouldn't make Corvo suddenly sympathetic to everyone else touched by the Outsider or those who worship him. You're projecting your own disposition towards the Outsider onto Corvo and Emily. Why would it be in Corvo's interest at all to destabilise the Empire and make himself and his daughter known as a heretic out of fear of being persecuted? Why not just keep it on the down low as he had been doing?
>>
>>385712835
>I judge them as the game presents them.
>But even if they are saints in other parts of the Empire, they still are outside of the law, and that can not be allowed.
The point was that the shit they were doing that you found unacceptable were done within the confines of the law. In Karnaca, the Duke allowed them to go on killing sprees. There's no evidence of thay happening in Dunwall even when the Spymaster was ruling the city. Again, what the fuck anon? You're judging shit and making arguments based on your own headcanon, not as the game presents them.
>>
>Well Emily, it looks like you've been Dishonored 2
Really?
>>
>>385713919
>We felt that Daud was too priviliged and wasn't diverse enough to tell the story we wanted to tell, so we settled on Billie
Really, Harvey?
>>
>>385709437
IS-
>>
>>385709675
>>385709909
So did you guys just not get that it was a Jojo reference, or what?
>>
>>385714208
not everyone is a weeb
>>
>>385710370
>assassinating the outsider

They're either gonna MAKE you kill him, or give enough of a reason to want to kill him, or else I'm totally just gonna spare him.
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.