[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to start this up for the first time Anything I should know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: xenoblade-chronicles-x-header.jpg (113KB, 1193x496px) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x-header.jpg
113KB, 1193x496px
About to start this up for the first time

Anything I should know?
>>
>>385691229
ONE TWO TREE FO
>>
Hope sucks as a party member
>>
>>385691229
it's not as good as chronicles or 2, im from the future
>>
>>385691229
If an alien eats a tree you STOP and go online to look up how to finish the quest properly. You will feel very bad if you fuck this up, and you will, because the quest is bullshit.
>>
>>385691421
This
>>
Your dialogue choices dont matter
Your choices in side missions do matter
>>
>>385691229
Play an MMORPG instead.
>>
best world ever
>>
>>385691229
Have you played the first Xenoblade? Not that you need to from a story standpoint but X brings so many controls improvements you'd probably be better off experiencing the first game first instead of working your way backward.
>>
>>385691421
why lie like that, XCX improves every aspect of XBC and as of now 2 looks like it could be better also >>385691674
>>
>>385691608
I dont remember this :thinking:
>>
File: 1405985630073.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1405985630073.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>385691608
>mfw I fucked this up
I also let lesbian cat die
>>
>>385691608
I fucked up that quest and didn't really feel that bad, it was pretty funny in fact. Now fucking up the pig quest, THAT I feel bad about, but I feel making your own decisions and living with the consequences is part of your personal adventure on Mira and one of the important RPG aspects of the game, and looking up guides to min-max outcomes is a surefire way to ruin player immersion for what's ultimately not even that much better quest rewards.
>>
>>385692164
But this isn't about making a decision, this is about whether you randomly happen to talk to a completely random NPC while on the mission.
>>
File: 1500278275702.jpg (421KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500278275702.jpg
421KB, 1920x1080px
>>385692164
This
Dude corners the aliens in a cliff, about to shoot em. Eh,
its probably part of some kind of trial

He actually fucking kills him
wtf dude
>>
File: 1401007082452.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1401007082452.gif
1MB, 276x260px
If you saved Gus, we can never be friends.
>>
>>385691229
the default weapons what you get (the weapons what you get during a classchange, and your first skell) are shit, try to get better stuff
level all your classes, cause when you mastered one path, you can use that weapons in any another class
it's awesome, finally able to pilot a skell, but don't overuse it in combat (gives you less exp)
if you haven't played the first Xenoblade, watch/read online tutorials, so that you can understand the combat-sysem
if you played the first game, still watch some tutorial, so you know what's different

first game was overall better tough, but not as bad as everyone says (in my opinion)
>>
>>385691608
Actually, the "bad" end is much more entertaining.
>>
>>385692442
GAS THE XENOS RACE WAR NOW
>>
File: xeno.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
xeno.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
numbers
>>
>>385692490
Remind me again, who's Gus? Is it the faggot that tries to use you as bait in a hole in Oblivia to try and steal some random bullshit for fucking money? Because if so yeah I let that fucker to rot.
>>
>>385692592
Sure is, I made sure to save everyone in the game that I could except him. Don't fuck with my boy Quincy.
>>
File: hv14kp.jpg (451KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hv14kp.jpg
451KB, 1280x720px
break the battle system or it will break you
>>
Main story is literal shit, the side quests are the real meat of this game, and that's where the writers poured all their creativitiy.
>>
>>385692749
>When every fights are nothing but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VUOadmYwMk
>>
>>385691608
People needed a guide for that? It was a simple quest
>>
>>385692749
I like how everybody says that longsword + dual guns are the best, and you are gimping yourself if you don't use it, but their brokenness only shines at postgame when you can access the proper equipment setup
>>
You're about to be stuck on a whole different pla-net
>>
>>385691229
Do all the side missions in every chapter, and always swap Lynn and Elma with other party members, since they're mandatory in most story missions so they're the easiest ones to get affinity points with.

Also, check a good responses list before you fuck spectacularly up and people die.
I remember kill the piglets and don't let the girl take a shower, but there are a lot more out there.
>>
>>385691229
kill the pigs
don't let her shower
>>
>>385692912
you can start stacking cheap potential augments very early and hit retarded number with that thermal tp arte for longsword. i remember one shotting the one story boss that gives everyone trouble with the tiger people.
>>
>>385692749
This. The game is bullshit on so many levels, it's literally designed to be broken or you're fucked.
>>
>>385691229
On-foot is funner than mechs.
>>
>>385693096
Don't take this tard's advice on looking up correct answers, just play the damn game.
All you need to know is that your choices during sidequests DO have consequences. It's more fun in my opinion if you play blind and deal with the consequences. No need to spoil the experience, and fuck people who suggest this.
>>
>>385692912
Dual guns is always worth it for ghost walker. If you think going without a literal invincibility button is okay, you haven't experienced much of the game.
>>
REMEMBER THIS VERY CAREFULLY OP.

BLUE WIRE.
DON'T TAKE A SHOWER.
KILL THE PIGS.
FIND THE NECKLACE BEFORE MEETING UP WITH THE CAT.
TELL BATES TO GO SOUTH.
USE THE WATER ON THE DYING ALIEN.

Shit there's more. But that's all I remember after 2 years. Amazing game and I love it.
>>
>>385693487
I have 150+ hours in the game and finished with most post game content. I would say I have experienced more than enough of the game, thank you.
>>
>>385693601
Then you'd know ghost walker or a reflect build is mandatory for most post-game stuff and superbosses.
>>
>>385691229
kill the fucking piglets
>>
>>385693532
OH. There's also a quest where you have to save 3 prone, one of them being the chief's son. Save the chief's son last, as one of the prones you'll save before will tell you about an herb you need to fend off the ape-like creatures. You'll need one to save the chief's son without him dying.
>>
>>385693532
WEAK TO FIRE, USES DRILL ATTACKS
>>
>>385693792
ANOTHER ONE. THANK YOU.

Damn the main quest was lackluster but the sidequests were a ride. In a way it kind of turned out for the better as I was spoiled for the entire main quest because the game release half a year earlier in Japan. When the game released though I had no idea how crazy the sidequests would get.
>>
>>385693668
Mandatory for you who rely on looking up online guides to tackle said content, and unable to come up strategies for yourself. Since that's the strategy you see posted online, you think that's the only way. Pleb.
>>
>>385693532
GO TO THE SKELL DOCKS AND LEARN HOW TO DEFUSE A BOMB
>>
>>385693792
Beam resist on definian downfall
>>
>>385693926
HOLY SHIT THIS ONE IS HUGE AND EASY TO MISS. Sometime after one of the later chapters (like 7 or 8) there will be some guy in the skell hangar teaching people how to defuse bombs. LEARN THIS AND USE IT LATER. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WALK BY HIM TO GET THE SKILL. You'll save a life.
>>
>>385693867
I hate this in the internet age. It used to be so much easier to avoid spoilers, but now even if you want to go out of your way to avoid them you still aren't safe at all.
>>
>>385693916
Yeah I'm certain you cleared all those superbosses with instant death fuck you attacks with your strategic mind.
>>
>>385691421
This
>>
>>385694083
Ghostwalker is certainly very strong, but definitely not mandatory to any of the superbosses in the game.
>>
>>385693532
That one with the oracle Prone
>>
Xenoblade 2 is looking like such a disappointment. It's as if the game was developed in a world where they never made XCX. Fast combat which XCX was praised for? Dumbed back down to XC's slow ass pace. Destroyable parts on monsters? Removed. Fast as hell running pace making moving around the world enjoyable? NOPE. YOUR SLOW AS FUCK.

That's just a few things. It's a fucking disaster. You can tell it's been rushed out to pad up the Switch's launch year. Two year development? It's going to be shit.
>>
>>385694753
>YOUR SLOW AS FUCK.
My slow as fuck what?
>>
>>385691229
Don't expect to get your first mecha until at least 10-20 hours in
>>
>>385694753
they mentioned that Xenoblade 2 was in development BEFORE XCX. So it was more of parallel development from what I gather
Which really doesn't make sense cause I fully agree with you on it being disappointing so far.
I really hope that it gets better from that glimpse of starting area we've seen.
also designs are shit, this sucks a lot more than I thought it will.
>>
>>385694787
Your slow as fuck ass better be ready to waste half your gem-equivalent slots of quicksteps again.
>>
>>385695086
he means use the right 'you're' you moron
>>
>>385694753
xenoblade 2 has a longer dev time than both XC and XCX retard, XC2 doesn't need to take time for a new engine or learning HD
>>
File: 1450682991709.png (367KB, 476x785px) Image search: [Google]
1450682991709.png
367KB, 476x785px
>>385691229
Use the wiki after you beat the main story. Collect as much random shit as you can and you'll end up incidentally beating a bunch of quests.
>>
File: now it's shulk time.png (209KB, 698x515px) Image search: [Google]
now it's shulk time.png
209KB, 698x515px
>>385695086
I beat Avalanche Abaasy with one of my slots taken up by a Quick Step VI gem, makes no difference to me.
>>
>>385694871
>10-20 hours
If you get the skell that fast you're playing the game wrong. The best part of the game in my opinion is when you're on foot. It's my firm belief you should have explored a bit of every continent before ever getting your skell, even Cauldros (if only up to the Nopon Caravan).
>>
>>385693532
do you even get something if you save everyone?
>>
>>385691229
Exploring a ton before going too far in the story is very beneficial. Unlocking nodes for easy fast travel later.

Also don't skimp on placing probes in node areas, the sooner you start pooling resources from Probes, the better off you'll be later.

Don't worry too much about trying to always upgrade your gear, Its usually useless as you'll find stuff in the world while you travel.

Make a point to level multiple classes, the skills you get at their max rank can be slotted regardless of your current class. Pay attention to affinity chart, and do a little reading about what class you might ultimately end up being, and start working on that classes' appropriate affinity character.

Getting affinity points for certain characters is tedious, the sooner you work on it for your classes ultimate skills the better.
>>
>>385695673
I got it around that mark too, it's generally around that time people get it.
>>
>>385691229
Make sure you level mechanical skill first.
Remember that you can upgrade your arts with battle points.
>>
i gave up on killing the super bosses after seeing how much farming you had to do to get the best gears.

also the main story is shit and the game Shins on its side quests.
>>
>>385695712
No, just a better affinity chart.
>>
>>385695673
I completely agree Personally, I took my time and did every quest available before I got mine and clocked in about 50 hours. I just know a bunch of people were complaining it took so long to get their Skell, might as well let OP know what he's getting into before he come back whining.
>>
So I've been watching the Valerian anime lately and it made me think that an anime set in the world of XCX following a team of BLADE mercenaries and all the different species, culture and political struggles they encounter would totally work and be super interesting.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.