[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Those of you who actually LIKE The Phantom Pain, why do you like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Those of you who actually LIKE The Phantom Pain, why do you like it?
>>
Best gameplay mechanics in the series
Some bases cool
Robin Atkin Downes' performance
>>
The fun I had with the gameplay made up for any stupid anime bullshit I saw in the story.
>>
File: Kojima_ashamed.jpg (2MB, 1125x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Kojima_ashamed.jpg
2MB, 1125x1900px
2 reasons right here
>>
You just don't understand such lust for revenge.
>>
>>385689627
best 3rd person game mechanic
much more flexible than other game in the series
FOB
>>
Because at this point i didn't care for MGS story, it ended in 3, i wanted to enjoy myself in a gorilla warfare simulator and that's what i got
>>
Do I need to play Peace Walker to play V?
>>
>>385690705
You don't need to play V at all.
>>
>>385690148
>>385690665
4 has better controls and gameplay mechanics than Call of Duty: Phantom Pain
>>
>>385690682
>gorilla warfare
anon what
>>
>>385690801
all games prior V had horrible tank controls and were honestly a chore to get through.
>>
>>385690392
I don't understand why he felt he had to justify this. Just say it you dumb fuck, you wanted to have a sexy character in the game, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>385690809
>he didn't find the gorilla village
>>
>>385689627
Stealth game drought.
>>385690392
Quiet it's a good design and an original character in an original setting. Kojima only fucked up by not getting her partially naked. Plus kinda looks like the type of women I really like.
>>385690665
Planning insertions is fucking A++. I seriously hope we get a game with similar mechanics in the future I don't care which franchise, as long as it isn't open world.

>>385690705
Only for the emotional connection to characters. But lots of people don't like the game, it's possible you won't either. TPP's villain is completely pulled out the ass so it doesn't really connect to PW.
>>
>>385689627

It's very average for me, as somebody who isn't very into MGS.

I am about 20% completed with it and it feels VERY repetitive. The story missions are very spaced out as well. There is enough there to keep me playing, but those side ops are just a big no no in my book as far as missions go.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
>>
>>385691293
It's far from a normal MGS game which is usually straightforward. They probably thought the dynamic gameplay would make it up for it
>>
File: 1500666807663.png (1MB, 1412x712px) Image search: [Google]
1500666807663.png
1MB, 1412x712px
>>385689627
The gameplay is actually incredibly smooth, refined, and overall better compared to its previous installments, taking hints from other games for stealth and combat while encouraging a sandbox style of mission-strategy similar to MGS3 that uses risk-reward and score balancing to incentivize playing the game how it is meant to be played rather than as a (well-paced) action shoot-em-up, where I am disappointed by the repetitive content if only for the fact you don't get a whole lot of new and interesting challenges to hone your skills on; and despite all of the modernization, you still have the visually comedic borderline slapstick sneaking style for high-end play that leads to a lot of moments that are all your own. The soundtrack is shockingly very good, despite it seeming so disconnected from the previous games. The story, though seeming like a black-sheep compared to the first three solid games and thankfully compared to four and PW had a lot of cool ideas and a fuckton of potential that is just heartbreaking to see go to waste. Hell, the plot twist actually reframes the series continuity in a way that isn't by any means graceful, and leaves many questions in its wake, but it definitely answers the missing link issue that was advertised. The game has its problems, the story has a fuckton of flaws, but in reality, I keep coming back to this game and talking about it, because it is a good game that is tragically unfulfilling in the sense that even without the unused potential, the the game gives you no real closure or resolution.
>>
Was my first metal gear game, really not interested in story and the gameplay was better than sex.

Kind of looking forward to metal gear survive.
>>
File: 1485385035968.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485385035968.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>385692613
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.