[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 429px-PMTTYD.jpg (78KB, 429x599px) Image search: [Google]
429px-PMTTYD.jpg
78KB, 429x599px
Find a flaw
>>
backtracking
>>
>>385688958
This. It's a really good game otherwise, but the pace is abysmal.
>>
>>385688830
RPG gameplay
>>
>>385688958
/thread
>>
Chapter 4.
>>
>>385688830
that really long cutscene before the final boss, that you can't skip. I mean the cutscene itself is fine, it just get's very tiresome after losing a couple of times and having to rewatch it everytime
>>
this isn't a flaw or anything, but I personally prefer PM64
>>
Stacking danger badges and setting your health to 5 destroys any and all challenge in the game.
>>
Chapter 6
>>
>>385689367
How would you balance it out? I think they should make it impossible to set your max health to 5 and limit only one power rush badge you can possibly equip.
>>
What the fuck happened to him after chapter 3 aside from losing his job?
>>
File: 577px-Grubba.jpg (49KB, 577x599px) Image search: [Google]
577px-Grubba.jpg
49KB, 577x599px
>>385691329
Forget pic
>>
>>385691329
>>385691404
He was killed.
>>
>>385690824
why?
>>
>>385692213
Because it would balance the game by making Danger Mario a less viable strategy?
>>
>>385688830
Chapter 3 is one of the few chapters without backtracking, only because they forgot to design a level to to explore in the first place. Instead they decided to focus the chapter on the decent but ruined by the piss-easy difficulty combat system. They doubled down on fucking up by having a clone of Tubba Blubba (who is also a chapter 3 boss for extra lazy copy pasting) give you tedious instructions on top of the bland battle segments.

>but muh story, muh raw cock.
Read a book, nigga, I'm playing a video game. Even if do accept this Saturday morning cartoon narrative as a pro, it loses all impact upon replaying the game. "Fun to play once" describes the entire game, really.
>>
>>385693557
But you do explore the area upon receiving X's emails. And do all games really need to have replayablity?
>>
>>385693557
>"Fun to play once" describes the entire game, really.
This holy shit, I tried to replay TTYD and was bored out of my mind before I even got to Glitzville

Music is a pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVQTGxOA7dQ
>>
>>385688830
No cutscene skipping.
>>
>>385693557
This is another reason so many fans want another Paper Mario to death. I couldn't see myself playing TTYD for at least a few more years. Just give us another good one, christ.
>>
>>385694485
>>385694623
But does a game really need to have replayablity? And how come I can replay it easily by changing how I build my Mario? Focusing on HP, FP instead of BP like for example.
>>
>>385693557
>"Fun to play once" describes the entire game, really.

The tree and mansion chapters weren't fun to play at first.
>>
>>385694837
I tried doing that but the plot and amount of time it takes before you can even really build your Mario is just too much. it also doesn't help that the first two chapters are pretty weak.
>>
>>385694994
But is replayability so important? That's the question.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.