[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The same people who made Fallout 4 made this. What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1297290468049.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1297290468049.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
The same people who made Fallout 4 made this.

What happened?
>>
Time.
>>
>>385686061
I'm pretty sure it was just the same company, not with the same staff, and that a lot of the original talent left. Was Todd even a part of Bethesda back then?

Also, times change, budget increases and sales expectations get way higher, so you can't risk it with a very complex RPG that will probably drive people away. Gotta take a famous brand and casualize it as much as possible.
>>
>>385686365
>I'm pretty sure it was just the same company, not with the same staff
Correct same thing with Bungie, they're not the same people who made Halo 1-3.
>Was Todd even a part of Bethesda back then?
Yes, it was the first game he was part of if I recall. He wasn't head honcho yet though.
>Gotta take a famous brand and casualize it as much as possible.
Those damned jews
>>
>>385686365
If you read some of the posts about morrowind on no mutants allowed or rpgcodex, you'd have found out that the writers, quest designers, and world builders, were at complete odds with management on how to design the game.

Management wanted retarded crap like, "the stories never lie to the player" and all-around demanded the game treat you as a child.

After Morrowind released, Bethesda fired the entire writing staff, even kirkbride who gets undeserved recognition as the big writer of the time when it was really a whole bunch of the original guys.

Then with Oblivion and Skyrim, Bethesda/Zenimax refused to even consider hiring anyone with an IQ in triple digits for, well, anything. So not only did the writing take a nosedive, but the actual game content did as well.

The only saving grace of Oblivion and Skyrim have been player-created mods, and Bethesda/Zenimax want to strangle their golden goose there too. I'm willing to bet that in 5 years, Bethesda will be a has-been company shoveling out complete garbage that everyone finally actually recognizes as garbage.
>>
Not the same people just the same studio. Bethesda should just stick to publishing other people's games like Dishonored and New Vegas because their own games suck

Tbh Morrowind sucked too take off your nostalgia goggles
>>
>>385686061
all morrowind needed was a better map. i disliked how... weird the map was, but then again, i was much younger.

this game was great, Fallout 4 seemed a lot less enjoyable, sometimes i miss sitting down to read my journal.
>>
>>385686061
Company=/=Staff
>>
>>385687081
Morrowind was fucking great

Morons like you just can't figure out that what makes the game good isn't the combat or graphics. Grow a brain and maybe you'd figure it out.
>>
>>385686061
>The same people
That's where you're wrong.
The names of the people who made Morrowind are almost completely different from those who made Oblivion and those are almost completely different from those who made Skyrim and those are completely different from those who made Fallout 4.

Bethesda got rid of almost their entire team between those games.
>>
>>385686365
He was the director on Morrowind dumbass.
>>
>>385686872
Rolston's idea of not lying to the player wasn't that big of an issue.
The real one is that most people either left or were let go after Morrowind and the new team was mostly unexperienced graduate shitters.
>>
>>385687807
It just feels so bad(The Graphics, the animations,the RTS-ARPG mixed combat), has it been brought up to 2017 standards with mods yet?
>>
>>385688017
Not him, but you seem like a douche bag.
>>
Morrowind is shit
>>
>>385686872
>After Morrowind released, Bethesda fired the entire writing staff
Source? That doesn't really seem to make any sense especially since Morrowind was really successful.
>>
>>385688271
Maybe was a bit harsh but its getting old seeing so many people assume Todd just showed up around Oblivion to ruin then series.
>>
>>385686061
they got better
>>
>>385686539
Todd was lead game designer for Morrowind though.
>>
>>385686539
Nah he was a part of a few non ES games before it, as well as Redguard IIRC.
>>
>>385688327
They all got fired because of in-fighting with management.
>>
When they acquired the Fallout license they made a very deliberate and knowing choice to simplify it as much as possible, converting it into a more firmly genre-typed and adult-general-audiences property, specifically in order to minimize self-competition with their strong Elder Scrolls franchise, which was a similar player-directed immersive-sim role-playing-game to the original Fallout.

Then they fucked that up by oversimplifying TES as well, so they're still basically the same.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.