[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamers are ruining the PC market.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: mqc4tn5yercz.jpg (196KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mqc4tn5yercz.jpg
196KB, 960x1280px
Gamers are ruining the PC market.
>>
>>385685371
>Framed picture of Mary Sue

This is peak reddit
>>
>>385685371
>tfw you spent some additional money to have leds in everything, from ram to cooler, and now you have to put computer on desk instead of second display to stop feeling regret
i pity the guy

i guess it doesn't look bad though, at least he have clear color scheme
>>
>>385685371
agreed
look at it from a business perspective

gamers are willing to spend $1000s of dollars on a super beefy PC where the price is inflated for much more than what it's worth while normies want to buy a cheap $300 pc that is good for microsoft office and google chrome

now if you owned microsoft asus dell ect. who would you cater towards
>>
>>385685371
How are gamers ruining the PC market? You can get high performance components at lower cost than ever in history for editing, 3D suite, media creation etc.

Are you one of those stupid fucks buying GAYMER shit for your work station? You can build a rig with 2 8core/16th xeons 64GB ECC DDR3 which is plenty good for most workflows, however many TB of NAS storage etc... The build Im going to do is going to be just under 2k, my last one was almost 7k and that was 6 years ago.

I handle media ingest, encoding and archiving for my job as well as editing when I need to.

Hell, gaymers actually got us GPUs capable of pretty good raw compute for half what they used to be.

What the ever loving fuck you on about?
>>
>>385685371
>bitcoin miners are ruining the PC market
FTFY
>>
>>385685371
One painting is higher than the other. You fucked your own shitty remake symmetry. Commit sodoku please.
>>
>>385685864
>a few gamers will buy an expensive rig every five to seven years
>more normies will buy a less expensive rig e ery three or five years

I dunno
>>
>>385685864
Really? How old are you rofl.

My first real PC build was a P4 E, Geforce 5750LE, like 2GB RAM IIRC? 320GB HDD, whatever sound blaster had with an external DAC + Midi input output. This ran almost $3500 in the early 2000s.

Shit has gotten WAY cheaper because of the gaming PC market. You simply were too young to know.
>>
>>385686640
>Not the guy you were replying to
Different time, these days GPU pricing inflates much more than it should up due to miners
>>
File: 1362398252891.jpg (57KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
1362398252891.jpg
57KB, 457x640px
>>385685371
>nu star wars shit
>>
>>>>/g/
>>
File: 1499666628601.png (300KB, 440x495px) Image search: [Google]
1499666628601.png
300KB, 440x495px
>>385687073
>nu
>>
>>385685371

Should you place your desktop in that position ? Is there enough ventilation space?
>>
>>385687213
no problems with that. it sucks from the bottom and front and exhausts on the rear (and top? can't see it from here). It would definitely be worse if left on a rug or something.
>>
>>385687332
reminds me of your mom
>>
>>385687536
>>
>>385686754
Correct, that I agree with but that is due to individual consumers choice, there are specialized systems built for mining that do not even have a GPU which are massively more efficient and how most serious miners today choose to go, as the profit margins are much much higher if you can afford the initial investment.

But this thread started claiming it was gamers fucking up pricing, which I simply do not see being the case and I've been building systems and working in IT fields now for almost 12 years.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.