[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth buying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ShovelKnight.jpg (439KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ShovelKnight.jpg
439KB, 1000x1000px
Is this game worth buying?
>>
>>385681591
Yes, the gameplay isn't mind blowing good but the world they present you is pretty great and the DLC has been worth the wait, its definitively one of the better pixel indie games out there
>>
>>385681696
Is it worth £18.99 or should I just wait for a sale?
>>
>>385681591
Shovel Knight is great and each subsequent expansion has kept a consistent quality and actually managed to be even better than the base game. The tranny pandering in Spectre of Torment retroactively brought the game down a point from me but it'd be a 10/10 otherwise.
>>
>>385681761
I think it's worth that, but I also replay it a lot. I think it depends on how into these kinds of games you are. Game hardly goes on sale though, and in fact saw a price increase earlier this year when Specter of Torment came out.
>>
>>385681591
wait for a sale. all 3 campaigns are fun.
>>
>>385681591
It's weird I finished both Shovel and Plague on new game plus but yet to finish Spectre at all.

>one tower
>can't go into town
>level select instead of the level overworld
>shitty tower climb that just gives gold
>Reize

I just don't feel it like I did Shovel and Spectre.
>>
It's not a very good game, but the pixel art is good and so is the soundtrack.
>>
>>385682215
>It's not a very good game
Uhhhhhhhh what
>>
>>385681591
I say wait for King Knight's campaign to be released and then wait for a sale
>>385682120
I liked Specter more than Shovel

Given YCG silence on King Knight i say that if they don't show anything at Gamescom they are probably not going to release it this year
>>
>>385682595
His and Plague's gameplay is better than Shovel but I just don't feel like finishing Spectre.
>>
>>385682748
Plagues gameplay is abysmal.
The gimmick is throwing potions, so why the fuck can't you throw it straight up or down? It's frustrating.
Story is great though, I'll give you that.
>>
Shovel is an 8.5/10
Plague is a 6/10
Specter is 10/10
>>
>>385682595
Any release date on king Knight? I literally just found out it existed.
>>
>>385681591
Definitely worth it. If the game alone isn't good enough, the hundreds of cheat codes that allow you to break it wide open will probably entertain you. There's a reason Shovel Knight's the Mario of Kickstarter.
>>
>>385681591
OP here. Took the plunge and bought it, I like it so far

Thanks guys
>>
>>385683058
>Any release date on king Knight?
Nope, they said in a interview that they intended to release it this year, but the only thing we got so far was a short clip posted on January, ever since that they've gone completely silent
>>
>>385681591
Specter knight gameplay just outclasses all their games. Probably already gonna be better than king knight.
>>
>>385682958
So you sucked at Plague's mechanics huh? Some of the best platforming gimmicks ever desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCKtO0HTgAk&t=1s
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.