[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annoying Shit You're Willing to Put Up WIth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1501296665319.png (738KB, 834x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501296665319.png
738KB, 834x640px
When I'm shopping for games on Steam or GOG, I always check negative reviews first to see what's the absolute worst I can expect in a game. What are some things that you hate but that you're willing to ignore or look past, depending on how interesting the game is?

Personally, I hate it when a game has dozens (or hundreds) of individually priced DLC that sums up to more than $100 of extra content. Even if most of the DLC is shit that I don't want, it makes the devs look like they're obsessed with feature creep instead of focusing on the core game with major expansion packs. It's a pretty big symbol of developers who focus on nickel-and-diming people over cosmetics while ignoring other priorities, so I have to make damn sure that I actually want to play the game before buying it.
>>
>>385677404
Yeah any game with a huge list of expensive DLC puts me off - feels like I should have owned the game before it had to DLC to appreciate that.
>>
Buying a game on Steam and having to make another account to play the multiplayer. Shit's minor but that's just a big list of accounts that I have to keep track of, and I definitely want to have different passwords for each in case whoever runs that company gets lazy and has a data breach.

I don't like the idea of getting an unrelated account banned because some Chinese guy got access and used it to spam some gold farming site without my knowledge.
>>
> I always check negative reviews first
I think this is just smart shopping. I often do this when buying other things as well or skip past the pros the person typed out to see their cons. Then decide the validity of them, then like you said if I feel I can get past the cons.

Completely agree with the dlc list. Like borderlands 2, want to play a halloween event because its october? Give us 5$ and don't get mad we don't put it in any bundles please.
>>
>>385677632

That's the classic FOMO situation. I took one look at Crusader Kings II and had this weird reaction where I seriously wondered if I needed $200+ worth of shit that was mostly just character portraits and music files that I could probably just pirate separately.

It's stupid, but it's weird how my first instinct is always wondering if I'm missing out by not buying everything upfront.
>>
I only quickly glance at the steam reviews because they're fucking shit. Stupid retards posting shitty memes and single 5 word sentences "haha this game is shit" etc instead of posting anything useful. It's like /v/ - not the slightest bit useful when deciding whether to buy a game or not.
>>
>>385677908

People tend to exaggerate whatever's bad about a game in their negative reviews. If you look at them at face value, then you're not going to get any benefit from checking them out. If you've been doing this for a while and able to filter out the 80% of bullshit in the reviews, you can get a pretty decent vibe for what to expect.

After all, even if a game has Mixed reviews, I still might enjoy it because I'm not bothered by what most other people are bothered by. Same goes for when it's Very Positive but there's just one thing that really pisses me off and breaks the deal for me.
>>
Always Online DRM for single player
>>
People complaining about microtransactions and P2W for F2P MMOs. Sometimes it's bullshit, but sometimes it's a real issue.

I wonder what happened to Secret World Legends.
>>
>>385677404
Finding a game I might want on some cheapo sale like humble bundle for example only to find out it has DLC and the DLC is not part of the sale and it's not on sale on steam either. Unlesss I really really want the game I'm not getting it.
>>
>>385678758

Depending on how important the DLC is, it sometimes feels weirdly deceptive. It's like a guy charging you a fraction of the normal price for a used car, but seeing that it's missing a bunch of parts that the seller's willing to ALSO sell at hiked up prices.

Sometimes I would have been willing to just pay for the game, eventually, at full price, but a deceptive pricing model just annoys me to the point where I just move on to a different game and feel shitty towards that publisher/studio in the future.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.