[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished a playthrough of the vanilla game. Are the DLC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (23KB, 460x215px)
header.jpg
23KB, 460x215px
Just finished a playthrough of the vanilla game.

Are the DLC expansions worth buying?
Any good mods?
>>
>Paradox DLC
>worth buying

They do absolutely nothing to fix the underlying problems the game has

Poor Stellaris, you could've been great
>>
The DLCs do not change the fundamental character of the game. If you like the core game, you will enjoy the DLCs.
There are no good mods.
>>
>>385677138
Is Endless Space 2 any good? I've done a few weekends of Stellaris and I'm starting to look at ES2 more and more, wondering if the grass is greener.
>>
>>385677304
Have not played it, a buddy of mine has it though. From what I have seen it is a completely different game.
>>
>>385677021
Star Trek New Horizons is great if you like ST or maybe even if you don't
>>
>>385677021

Stellaris is made by retards so unfortunately it will never be good even with $200 worth of DLC.
>>
>>385677021
I recently started playing it, i've not really played any grand strategy ish games like that.

Is it a good way to get into them? What exactly is wrong with it?
>>
>>385677551
>What exactly is wrong with it?

Very poor design decisions. It won't be apparent to you on your first playthrough but once you've got into it you'll see the flaws, trust me.
>>
>>385677828
What kind of design decisions? Does the AI cheat? Is the optimal path really linear? Does it require too much micro management?
>>
>>385677021
I like them a lot, probably not worth full price though.
>>
>>385678291
The early game with exploration and expansion is the only good part. War is frustrating and boring and diplomacy is completely pointless. Paradox basically went out of their way to make pacifism a viable playstyle and ruined the whole game in the process.
>>
>>385677145
>There are no good mods
Don't listen to this faggot, browse and find the ones you like on the workshop.
>>
>>385679665
Don't call me that........
>>
>>385678291

Basically everything in the game is shallow.

Factions for example are pointless. Suppression of them does nothing. There's very little you can do with them except fulfilling their agendas, but you're not going to do anything you weren't going to do on your own. It's better if you play the game as if they aren't there.

Sectors are supposedly there to save you micromanagement, but the AI is so bad you either have to forbid them from doing anything and only give them fully-developed worlds or periodically use influence to fix what the AI did.
>>
File: IMG_0320.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0320.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>Buying Paradox DLC

Get the base game if you like it, pirate the DLC
>>
>>385680805
>find yourself in a position where you can't go to war
>pacifist faction spawns
It's shit.
>>
Really fun game with friends but not much to talk about by yourself. i.e. every paradox game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.