[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This WoWclone MMO managed to surpass other WoWclone MMOs. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 545
Thread images: 99

File: file_331766_FFXIVStormblood01.jpg (159KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
file_331766_FFXIVStormblood01.jpg
159KB, 640x360px
This WoWclone MMO managed to surpass other WoWclone MMOs. How did it do it? Discuss about this video game.
>>
the content justifies the players time and money
>>
It brought enough new/different content to keep weebs and japs happy enough to stay away from the EQClone.
>>
It's actually fun, while including a lot of things fans of the series love about the series. You get to fly without finishing all the content on the zone first, so when you level another class ON THE SAME CHARACTER you don't have a bunch of bullshit to redo. Graphics aren't total shit either.
>>
I still find it amazing how much of a 180 they did from when 1.0 version came out
>>
>>385670447
by being Final Fantasy
>>
It has Final Fantasy in the name.

If it was anything else, hardly anyone would play it.
>>
>>385670941
Nobody played FFXIV 1.0 though, because it was bad. So that can't be it.
>>
Even people that don't really like MMOs like it because of the story.
>>
Its one of the better looking mmo's that's not some korean grinding shitfest.

That's basically it.
>>
>>385671017
this.
it had the same brand name, yet it flopped like shit. after the reboot, now it's a success. what went right?
>>
It's the only straight up mmo that isn't ruined by some awful design decision.
>>
>>385671191
the game doesn't even look good visually compared to korean mmos. it's a PS3 game first of all and the textures+lighting are flat.
>>
If you find hard time for a sleep.

Play this game 100% recommended.

-Slow combat

-Garbage "muh-old-classic english " that even the creator of this game can't even understand

-Copy paste the same end game for 3 years without changes

-Full of retards and bad people in 90% of dungeons/raid etc (not even savage)

-Healers/DPS on max/gear/level but die on basic stuff, they doesn't even know whats LIMIT BREAK ON FUCKING LEVEL 70.
>>
>>385671017
it only got a second chance because it was final fantasy
>>
>>385671328
>whine about awful fake old english
>can barely use real modern english
>>
File: refurence.png (37KB, 252x360px) Image search: [Google]
refurence.png
37KB, 252x360px
>>385670447
Could it be?....
>>
>>385670717
>weebs
Why does everyone say this game is for weebs? Nothing in game looks like anime, it;s all the fan art that's weebshit.
>>
>>385671679
Any game developed in Japan is automatically for weebs.

Yes even dark souls, dragons dogma, and resident evil.
>>
>>385670447
Because
>FF Name
>Day one Console versions so normies & japs jumped in
>Constant updates so it doesn't get boring, Blizzard did a good job of killing WoW by never updating it
>Not too much of a grindfest like all those Korean MMO's
>>
File: 1459299428971.jpg (50KB, 512x397px) Image search: [Google]
1459299428971.jpg
50KB, 512x397px
>need to have the actions and traits button on my hotbar just so its easier to switch out protect in and out of every piece of content

combat revamp my ass, this shit is more annoying than having 10 useless skills cluttering your bars
>>
>>385671989
use macros dumbass, they revamped it just for you.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (158KB, 1024x474px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
158KB, 1024x474px
The combat's alright, not as clunky as WoW can be but not as demanding as things like TERA.

The constant updates and dev blogs and so on is nice too.

The combo part of the classes is fun, makes you feel more involved in what you're doing and learning rotations to fit the situation.

Also the whole angle of playing any role/job you want with a single character with no limits is great. Getting bored of DPSing? Try playing as a tank and see how it goes. Getting bored of that? Go white mage and let the retards live or die by your hand.
>>
>>385671989
Go to the UI layout settings and make some more hotbars visible.
>>
File: mfw plebs.jpg (163KB, 824x850px) Image search: [Google]
mfw plebs.jpg
163KB, 824x850px
>>385670447
>Final Faggotry is such a shit franchise the "best" game declared by fags is a watered down WoW clone that is shittier than their old 10+ year MMO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>385672474

>Not as clunky as WoW
>2.5 sec gcd
>Delay on telegraphed boss AoE
>Not as clunky

Clunky's the doctor who didn't catch you as you plopped out of your mother's cunt and dropped on your head.
>>
>>385672672

g8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8
>>
>>385672696

>delays

Are you sure you're not just being retarded and standing in them?
>>
File: ffxiv_07042017_105633.jpg (442KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07042017_105633.jpg
442KB, 1920x1080px
>>385672474
I think a really good thing is how the characters acknowledge you are the main character of the story and not a nameless nobody that's far away from the plot.
>>
File: kirby drinking.png (117KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
kirby drinking.png
117KB, 648x648px
@385670447
>surpass
How so? Game has less than 2 million active characters (NOT ACCOUNTS). And most of them are too mediocre at the game yet suck square enix's (and reddits) dick.
>>
>>385672367
Do macros still need to send a query/wait for response before doing anything client-side? Or in other words, did they removed the ridiculous delay from macros?
>>
>>385672837
Not him but he's talking about how telegraphs work. Like you're not really avoiding the attack itself, you're avoiding the red spot on the ground. If you're clear when it disappears then you can move in even if the actually attack animation hasn't happened.
>>
>>385672837

I play blm, there's times when a spell I cast goes through even if I move with 1 second left on the cast time, I've been "hit" by spells after their aoe has been cleared, i've "dodged" spells that should have hit me, sometimes the boss will cast a spell when its casting bar is at 80%, you can usually move back in an aoe spot as the boss spell is just about to be cast and be just fine.

The game has a lot of problems, it's still fun but it has a lot of problems, the gameplay is not smooth whatsoever.
>>
ff14 is trash. Game has worse graphics then WoW did at launch. Zones and everything regarding the games design is limited by consoles. The game is worse then korean wow clones and that says A LOT. To sum up you have to be retarded to pay and play this game. Then again the short time I played it there were so many NEET clans. I guess weebs don't know what to do with their time.
>>
>>385673025
I've been telling everyone this shit since the very first I played 2 years ago yet everyone says "ITS LAG UR DUM DUM". Then thinking again there are people who legitimately defend the godawful tickrate.
>>
>>385673175

I've never really noticed those problems anon, but to be fair I play on an EU server and I'm in NA so I might have just got used to it.
>>
>>385671218
Square put heart on the game.
>>
>>385673264
All I hear is /v/ buzzwords and subjective opinion
>>
>>385673175
This is just regular old latency.
>>
File: bait.png (23KB, 613x438px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
23KB, 613x438px
>>385673264

u tried
>>
>>385673334
Yeah, anyone who excuses the delay is a retard. It's just the way the game is. Everything takes a second to register so telegraphs are not avoiding attack, they're just avoiding red.
>>
>>385673591
I don't mind it. It's nice and clear and readable and precise. The combat is abstract enough that it's not like it's immersion breaking any more than anything else is.
>>
>>385672696
to add to what you're saying here, the game also controls like your character is walking through fucking mud and it gets stuck on invisible walls that are everywhere
>>
I used to really like it, then I don't know, I just fell out of love?

Everything just becomes the same afterwhile, do the same boss on the same rotation, do the same rotation on the same mob to quest...It just becomes repetitive and boring

I've always heard that people make the game worth playing, but I always found that even with great people, I can't help but just get bored and leave...
>>
>>385673789
Legitimately the very first thing I did when I got FF14 trial was start on ulduar because I wanted to be a black mage, when I looked at the sea the first thing I thought was jump, because I wanted to swim and explore the coast because I was told it was an "open world mmo". Nothing but disappointment.
>>
>>385674083

Give it a break and try coming back at a later date. Burnout is a real thing in games.
>>
>>385674083

It's what happens when a game becomes routine and eventually loses its allure. This is particularly true for MMOs, as it often focuses on repetitive grinding content of varying degrees to retain its playerbase.

Give it a few months, you might be willing to do it again or when a new content patch hits.
>>
>>385674261
I dunno man, how are other people still playing for all this time? I came back for the expansion and only lasted about a month. I'm not even done with MSQ!
>>
>>385674339
>Give it a few months, you might be willing to do it again or when a new content patch hits.
That's what I told myself a year ago, all I do now is just shitpost
>>
>>385673789

It's a mix between the engine being shit and their servers engineers having no fucking idea what they're doing.

I'm just sick of people blindly praising ffxiv like it's the greatest shit, when in reality they simply praise it because it's weeb oriented and "not WoW", I know people who've been trying for DAYS to clear susano ex because the playerbase in ffxiv is so fucking shit they don't understand something as simple as positioning. Most of the playerbase does nothing but roleplay in multiple ways shapes or forms. The big majority of them don't give a shit about progressing, all they fucking care about is looking cute enough to continue their endless fucking circlejerk.

Fuck I'm so sick of that game and its community.
>>
>>385674383

Congratulations anon, you are now truly free of the MMO itch.

However, now you're forever soured on a game genre.
>>
>>385674389
>Most of the playerbase does nothing but roleplay
> The big majority of them don't give a shit about progressing
in multiple ways shapes or forms
IT'S MY SUB TIME AND I DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH IT
>>
>>385674507

Funniest shit, is I actually had someone tell this to me in a serious manner. One of the reasons I unsubbed.
>>
>>385674389
just add shittons of cosmetic items to savage and extreme content
that'll make them flock to progression instead of being trash at the game
fucking crafter mains
>>
>>385674389
My experience is that the people who can actually do simple things like that are huge circlejerking fuckheads.
>>
The sucky part of the 2.5 sec cool down is that at lve 1-50 it can be slow, but 50+ things start to get better. At 60 I feel like i'm doing more actions and actually playing the game more then I am say WoW at max level.
>>
>>385674493
No, I'm not free of the MMO itch. I want to play a game similar to RO but not total garbage like ToS (classes with spells that have multiple purposes). Most classes in ff14 bored me to death and decided to stick with SCH until my sub ran out because it's the only class that made me feel like I was actually doing something, my second favorite class was MCH and I'm beyond sad that everyone hates MCH with stormblood.
>>
Also great music like this helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVEWrwV01A8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cZHfOs2XOc
>>
>>385671218

1.0 sold well at first until it was apparent it was a flaming dumpster heap. 600k sales in the couple of months before they suspended sales is pretty damn good for how quickly the word spread about the quality (and word was already out during the beta).

They made 1.0 free for current subscribers while they worked on improving the game plus they gave those same people free copies of A Realm Reborn so they already had a pacified player base for 2.0's launch. They had a really cool event to destroy the world in preparation for the new game which got people's attention. Plus after everything is said and done the Final Fantasy name still has some regard for gamers.
>>
File: wojak.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
>Haven't played MMOs since quitting early wrath
>Want to get into FFXIV because of the cute girls
>Pretty much everyone I know who have played it tells me it's shit
>>
>>385674852
the combat is slower
but it makes up for it by having a lot more weight and being deeper surprisingly
>>
Honestly it's not a great game in any regard, but most of us who play it have friends who play it. And those who didn't start off with friends usually end up making friends and looking forward to playing them. The game keeps people from rushing through content with things like poor server/data center architecture and weekly/daily lockouts too so there's always something to do with your buddies the next week.
>>
>>385675052
Best song right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLRcuojE7Pc
>>
File: ffxiv jobs.jpg (23KB, 769x64px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv jobs.jpg
23KB, 769x64px
which job are you in final fantasy 14 /v/?
>>
>>385675118
try the trial
>>
>>385675118
it's shit
leave while you can
>>
File: laugh.png (138KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.png
138KB, 375x375px
>>385675170
>>
>>385675118
It's a fair claim for anyone who doesn't slog through the disgustingly boring early levels
Biggest problem the game has is everything sub 50 being a fucking drag, jobs at max level are miles ahead of WoW classes in complexity
>>
>>385674874
MCH is playable now, it's above and beyond the hardest class to do really well in and since it doesn't buff as well as bard and isn't meta you don't see too many MCH mains. The class is fun and I play it when I don't tank/heal or play RDM for savage.
>>
>>385675170
For sure more weight. Casting Fire IV with triple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJyY9X8URY
>>
>>385675118
The only reason people are still playing is because they've already put so much time into it.

It's fun for a while but after a while the only reason you'll be playing is because you feel like you have to
>>
>>385671481
Yes thats true but it still has nothing to do with the fact 1.0 crashed and burned so hard.
>>
Getting these MSQ done as a new player is boring AF. Now doing the heavensward campaign. I just want to tank shit and have fun.
>>
>>385675438
>>It's a fair claim for anyone who doesn't slog through the disgustingly boring early levels
>start the game
KEEP PLAYING BRO IT GETS BETTER PAST LEVEL 10
>get to level 15
JUST KEEP GOING BRO I PROMISE YOU IT GETS BETTER AND FUNNIER LATER ON
>level 50
EVERYTHING IS WAY BETTER IN THE EXPANSION I SWEAR ON ME MUM BRO
>get to level 56
>quit
Main reason I quit is the community and how it forced me to be alone most of the time. Funny thing is that I didn't spend a single dime on this game.
>>
File: 1411088971350.png (67KB, 910x780px) Image search: [Google]
1411088971350.png
67KB, 910x780px
>>385675052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcbKY7d0dc

I enjoyed this fight immensely
>>
Anyone else on east coast got massive packet loss? I have a decent enough ping but everything's skipping around, makes everything unplayable pretty much especially as monk.
>>
>>385670941
You say that like WoW didn't ride off the back of the warcraft brand after wc3. That's just MMOs for you, stability and brand recognition counts for a lot.
>>
>>385675404
prove me wrong fagboy
>>
I just started leveling my drk to 70 and am I just supposed to dark arts everything now? The job seems so bland now, I miss my dot
>>
>>385675616
Yes! This one was hilarious. I never mind getting it in Roulette.
>>
File: 1480442623538.jpg (17KB, 389x311px) Image search: [Google]
1480442623538.jpg
17KB, 389x311px
>>385675616
Literally my second favorite fight in the game. Too bad the community is a fucking ass and would leave if they get there in duty finder, but not as bad as steps of faith.
>>
File: 2014-04-09 09.27.59.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-09 09.27.59.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Because it's the most wowclone any wowclone has been. It's almost exactly the same and didn't try to be different at all. People who won't play WoW on principal, but want to play WoW, picked it up. Game is boring as fuck and doesn't have nearly the amount of creativity and content WoW has so weeaboo fucks play it.

Tried getting into this game 3 times and it was just a shittier version of WoW.

THEY FUCKING NERFED THE ASSES AND THAT WAS THE LAST STRAW AND I DROPPED IT AND NEVER GOING BACK FUCK THIS GAME.
>>
>>385671026
The story is fucking terrible what are you talking about
>>
>>385675802
is that windows 95?
>>
>>385675675
>east coast
>I have a decent enough ping
You don't.
>>
>>385675604
It's true
MMOs are generally not interesting at low levels, but XIV is the worst offender
Until like level 30 on DRG you're pressing literally two buttons on a 2.5s GCD, I don't know how anybody could possibly pick it up and continue to play it, but at max level it's incredibly involved and plays smooth as butter
My problem with the game comes from the lack of content, I have no idea how coming off of a game like FFXI with literally endless content, they give us a game with fucking nothing to do for about half a year at a time
>>
>tfw the only patrician in this board that hasnt touched wow at all
>>
>>385670447
So much content that you actually have always something to do. Good "gameplay" and good waifus(Y'shtola is waifu. And Minfilia, despite is a pretty bland character, have a real good pair of boobs) that pander to people who enjoy MMORPG, weebs and e-girl. The name Final Fantasy and the popularity bring also a lot of normies and "families". Also, console.
>>
>>385675802
have you played legion at all?
>>
>>385675675
Get a VPN or stop playing honestly
I'm an east coast NIN, VPN makes it feel like it felt before the servers moved, without it I genuinely wanted to quit because it felt so fucking bad
>>
>>385675848
Windows 7 with classic theme.
>>
>>385675118

I just started playing. I've never played an MMO past the a couple week's, but even for me the the base game content is super hand-holdy. They really want to spoon feed you the basics of holy trinity MMO combat. Plus the overworld is kinda straight forwards and lacks danger. You can't even aggro enemies in the first few areas. Might be really boring if you're familiar with MMOs, but you get double EXP if you make a character on one of the new servers. It's pretty bearable when you don't need to grind levels between MSQ missions. Story is on par with a middling JRPG. I like that all the jobs, classes, and crafting and gathering roles have a storyline associated with them.

If you can drag a friend in with you you'll probably have some fun.
>>
>>385675990
Yes I have an active sub. Only play rarely though.
>>
>>385676025
>Plus the overworld is kinda straight forwards and lacks danger. You can't even aggro enemies in the first few areas.
I hate this
I miss in FFXI, aggro an orc in the first zone and he'll chase you all the way to the gates of town
It made the world feel much larger and more interesting, despite the zones being pretty much the same
>>
File: nothing personal psh.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nothing personal psh.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
>won my first roll in susano ex
>for a job I don't have at 70
>and have no intention of leveling to 70 anytime soon
>>
>>385675603

If you're doing heavensward you've got through the worst of it. ARR is hands down the most boring slog I've had in an MMO but they learnt from their mistakes and fixed most of the problems.
>>
@385670664
Yet if you click that link it will say "accounts created" not 4 million actual active subs.
Fucking shitposter.
>>
>>385675052

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb0P9jHV8dQ

FORWARD AND BACK
>>
File: 6491471942.png (238KB, 1080x777px) Image search: [Google]
6491471942.png
238KB, 1080x777px
>>385670447
It's just well made
>>
>>385671017
> Nobody played FFXIV 1.0 though, because it was bad. So that can't be it.

xiv fags keep saying this defense but it's full of shit. WoWclone + FF theme + Easy Mode is a formula for success simply because it's FF. v1.0 flopped because not only it was a buggy mess, it was based on ffxi, which is not accessible to casuals and shitters.
>>
>>385675536
This isn't true I had 1500 hours + on my old sq account that got scrapped because of retraced reasons. I started over and made more progress then I did before zoomed by hw and sb msq in a week. You can make it pretty far in a short time in this game the feeling is just any other mmo feeling you get.
>>
>>385676152
i really doubt that based on your first post
>>
>>385675701
The only "depth" I found in this game was finding myself yelling at my FCmates to fucking stack or spread because they have the reaction time of a sloth.
>>
grind simulators are not video games
>>
>>385676449
They wanted to make some sort of FFXI combat+active hybrid which fucking sucked dick balls (plus the tickrate was miles times worse)
>>
>>385675802
And still is more challenging than WoW will ever be LMAO!!!
>>
It appeals to weeaboos. WoW appeals to a very specific western crowd and blood elves are the most eastern of their designs, but still doesn't justify.
All my weeb friends who played WoW jumped ship to FFXIV eventually.
>>
File: 1468701771521.png (56KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
1468701771521.png
56KB, 491x585px
>>385676384
>@
you're being ironic right
either way you have to go back
>>
File: modern_gaming_reviews.jpg (167KB, 959x402px) Image search: [Google]
modern_gaming_reviews.jpg
167KB, 959x402px
>>385676441
>paid presentation reviews

Neck yourself, numbskull.
>>
>>385676449
shut up you dumb anime slut
>>
How does WoW & ESO, how is the max-level content in FFXIV like?

Is it mostly endgame raiding stuff? Is there any compelling reason to visit past areas and do the quests there?
>>
>>385676652
pretty sure pandas are the most eastern
honestly WoW has a serious issue with furries, just as much as XIV has with weebs
>>
>>385676790
You are this mad bro, chill
>>
File: Twin Adder.jpg (3MB, 2000x2820px) Image search: [Google]
Twin Adder.jpg
3MB, 2000x2820px
FFXIV is overall a really great MMO, but obviously it's going to have some problems; all games do.

For what it does good:

-The jobs are well diversified and really fun, and balance for the most part is pretty good (healers and tanks were awful for ages but with SCH/WAR nerfs, things are much better)
- The story is actually interesting. FFXIV actually feels like a good Final Fantasy in terms of its story. If anyone has played the game they will be able to tell you that Heavensward and the whole series of the Dragonsong War were fucking fantastic. Stormblood too was amazing, even if Lyse was a boring protagonist.

Too many modern FF games suck with story, but XIV actually excels greatly in this area, even if the original story is kinda dull.
-The game itself is pretty, and now that PS3 support is gone and 32 bit OS support is going to be dropped soon, it's only going to get prettier.
-Game mechanics and boss fights as of late have been fantastic. Shit like O3S and all of Omega so far have really been a treat to play.
-PvP is much better.

That said, it has its downsides:

-A very painfully slow start. The story is dry in the beginning, and a lot of classes play like shit until you get to around level 30. Not a particularly long time of the game, but long enough to feel like a drag.
-FFXIV, since its release, has done virtually nothing to change the system it initially created. Tomestone grinding every week is boring and dull. And it's been this way for the past FOUR YEARS. It was fine with Heavensward since it was their first expansion, but it's increasingly hard to justify with Stormblood.
-Endgame is pretty bad. Lack of serious content.
-Job balance can be really shaky sometimes. Some jobs were absurdly powerful for years (SCH/WAR) while others flat out sucked (AST in the beginning until 3.4, PLD all of 3.x)

Overall it's a great game but you really just need to get past the initial hump to really get going with it. They really need to fix endgame, though.
>>
>>385676735
he was denying them a (you) you silly goose
>>
File: Upcoming MMOs.jpg (810KB, 1912x3260px) Image search: [Google]
Upcoming MMOs.jpg
810KB, 1912x3260px
>>385670447
>the most anticipated MMORPGs in 2013
>>
>>385671679
make a trial account and read some of the player names lmao, at least 50% if not more are turbo weebs
>>
>>385676516
Thanks for your input.
>>
File: ௵.jpg (6KB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
6KB, 249x174px
>>385676947
>denying them a (you)
why did this garbage ever catch on
who gives a fuck, nobody is going to attempt to make sense out of the post if you can't just glance at who he's replying to
>>
>>385676790
>if it's reviewed well it's paid shills
schizophrenia lol
>>
>>385676841
Regarding XIV there is roulettes that give you any dungeon in the game you have completed that gives some good exp+money once a day, on top of that there is bonus for a new player in any duty, this will give you a lot of extra tomes required to get endgame gear and points for endgame minigame which you can exchange for really expansive rewards, you are constantly running any lv dungeon at endgame.
For content yes it's mostly raiding which is separated into 2 tiers, normal and hardcore but there is also crafting or gathering and hunting farming
>>
Final Fantasy brand name.
Square-Enix marketing push
>>
>>385676843
Ironically MoP, disregarding Garrosh going CORRUPTION

Was the high point of WoW.

I feel sad for those who didn't play the comfiest xpac because "MUH PANDERS, NOT MUH ORCS AND HUMANS"

Shit felt nice, classes played nice, and the music and environmental were A+.

Shame the fanbase gave us the abortion known as Garrisons of Draenor and "Green and Black, the Xpac" because they wank over orcs so much.
>>
>>385677153
what marketing push?
do you not remember how retarded their marketing team was?
>>
>>385677153
ya that helped with 1.0
>>
>>385677053
im not saying there aren't weebs
but there were weebs on WoW as well
>>
>>385676880
>Lack of serious content
I play PSO2 and this is a problem in both games. I feel like japs are seriously scared of making challenging content because it would alienate casuals.
>>
>>385677024
rest in peace wildstar, poor management killed you.
>>
>>385677236
Well it's not a game worth playing or even comparable to when WoW was good so I can't think of any other explanation, maybe it's the least worst themepark MMO on the market and it gets by on that.
>>
File: 1500237297179.jpg (333KB, 588x766px) Image search: [Google]
1500237297179.jpg
333KB, 588x766px
It legitimately worse than Legion at launch, and it has less content too. Stormblood was a legit mistake.

Players of other MMOs are hyper-critical of their games, meanwhile most of the XIV fanbase are semen-slurpers who beg for more Square cock.
>>
I want less battle content and more comfy content like housing
>>
>>385675260
Redu Meijo
>>
>>385677394
>Legion
>More content
Yeah I love doing the same recycled quests and being time gated and AP grind :^) only thing I missa bout legion was mythic+
>>
>>385677394
>blizzard fan calling anyone else semen-slurpers

wow
>>
File: SB Review Compilation.png (2MB, 950x2570px) Image search: [Google]
SB Review Compilation.png
2MB, 950x2570px
>implying SE can afford paid reviews of the same quality as Activision Blizzard
>>
>>385677374
>maybe it's the least worst themepark MMO on the market and it gets by on that.
well, you're right about that
>>
I mean, WoW even copies FFXIV now, it's sad
>>
>>385676449
Not, it somehow was worse than XI because of Interface issues.

1.2x was the game WE wanted at lunch, it was a perfect sequel for the game, instead, we got this shit WoW clone.
>>
>>385677480
seriously, the irony.
>>
>>385677526
Like what?
>>
>>385677526
copying is not a bad thing
wow copies shit from xiv and xiv copies shit from wow
ultimately it leads to the games being better, but so far i've not really seen any progress
>>
>>385677359
More like being a shitty game kill it. But people continue to believe that was a good game, never actually understand why.
>>
>>385676880
>The jobs are well diversified and really fun
you dropped the ball right there, all tanks play the same son, how you can say is diversified, they want to keep the classes so close to each other in terms of gameplay most of them feel boring as fuck.

Hell, Summoner is not an actual Summoner because they can't bother trying to do a range class that is not a caster, bard and MCH mirror each other so hard is not even funny.
>>
>>385677671
Except XIV copying WoW was what saved the game and SE as a whole
>>
>>385677478
Doing progressively harder versions of a dungeon with progressively better loot again and again is better than clearing your 4 fights that week and then either doing nothing or doing dumb-ass activities like Triple Triad, leveling side jobs, crafting and calling it """content."""

Deltascape is embarrassing compared to Emerald Nightmare, even the current raids in kusoge like Wildstar and LotRO. GW2 has more impressive raids.

>>385677480
Says a lot about your persecution complex that you just assume I'm a WoW player because I don't enjoy your abysmal sub-WoW cashgrab. Shouldn't you be buying Lyse's clothes off the mog station for $30 and then taking pics your cat wearing them in /gpose?
>>
>>385676218

Thats ok, when ravana was the primal to kill, I won a hive claymore over my friend who had just hit 60 on dark knight. I'm just getting dark knight to 50 now, plan on glamouring the claymore every time I play it.
>>
>>385677671
I think some things FFXIV shpuld copy are more pvp modes/maps and a proper arena

Im tired of doing literally just Feast and Shatter because the other maps and modes are dead
>>
>>385677821
>Summoner is not a summoner
>Summons a pet to do shit for it
>summons a bigger more obnoxious pet to shoot orbital lasers
>isn't a summoner
>>
>>385677856
LMAO why are you so mad that people enjoy a videogame?
>>
>>385677881
HIGH
>>
>>385676286
I almost quit a few times during ARR. 90% of the quests were bullshit. I mean quests like put a cake 3 times on the same spot on a table. Just pure trash.
>>
>>385677526
>>385677671
Fucking delusional Square-drones. Literally name one thing they copied.

Stormblood is comprised entirely of changes copied from WoW. Who are you kidding?
>>
File: Twin Adder 2.jpg (198KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Twin Adder 2.jpg
198KB, 707x1131px
>>385677320
I think FFXIV's biggest problem is its lack of endgame content, and challenging content at that.

With Stormblood's launch, we got Susano EX and Lakshmi EX, both of which were pretty easy for extreme primals.

Then we had Omega Savage, and its actually pretty easy too. Most decent groups are at least on O3S by now; I myself am working on O4S and I don't even raid that much.

FFXIV lacks any real staying power. Once you beat those fights, there's literally nothing to do besides leveling something else up, which just involves a lot of grinding. I'm hoping 4.1 with more PvP will fix that, because Frontlines is actually fun (fuck Shatter), and has kept me around for much longer than I would have stayed otherwise.
>>
>>385677848
and that's not a bad thing
>>385677892
there's alot of things both games are missing
but yes
>>
>>385677892
>queue up for Frontline roulette
>it's always shatter
An easy way to fix this is to give EXP bonus to a certain man for a week or something.
>>
>>385671298
>flat lighting

you have actually played FFXIV right? It's certainly an enhanced PS3 game but it has dynamic shadows and at least some lighting effects
>>
File: samurai_ffxiv.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_ffxiv.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>385670447
see
>>385670664
>>385671238
>>385672474
>>385673380
this

>>385675260
samurai
>>
File: 1501465149576.png (481KB, 1006x527px) Image search: [Google]
1501465149576.png
481KB, 1006x527px
>>385676218
>>
>>385677926
Because all MMOs are in a pretty abysmal state currently and yet there's this huge contingent of dumbass weebs that think their sub-average WoW-clone themepark is like mana from heaven, instead of being mad and demanding change.
>>
this documentary is pretty good about the game

I highly recommend it if you have the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0yQKI7Yw4&t=1
>>
>>385677821
Dude, what

Just because they have some similar skills doesn't mean they play anything alike. You can find them boring, but that's just like, your subjective opinion, man

RDM, BLM, and SMN playing nothing alike
SAM, DRG, MNK, and NIN are very different from each other
BRD and MCH are extremely different
AST and WHM are similar, but different enough to warrant different playstyles completely
Same for PLD/DRK

Yeah AST and WHM in 3.x were similar but by no means were they boring
>>
>>385677961
i'm defending wow you retard
blizzdrones like you are just as bad as squaredrones
>>
>>385675260
What do the macros do?
>>
>>385678059
Is this supposed to be impressive? At least post a good looking class, like RDM or DRK
>>
>>385678075
LOL then get fucked, I'll keep showering them with money because I truly feel they deserve it for the amazing work they have done with the game. Go play some splatoon or maybe a Korean MMO if you are bothered with theme parks.
>>
>>385672846
I HATE being the "chosen one" in MMOs. It makes no sense because everyone else in the game is apparently the chosen one then as well. I much prefer being a nobody storywise.
>>
File: 1490308737754.png (58KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1490308737754.png
58KB, 301x267px
>>385678081
This and all of the threads on /v/ got me into the game. I've never played a "real" MMO before, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
>>
>>385675260
>No WHM crystal

why
>>
>>385678229
makes you switch to that job?
i'm assuming he did that because it looks better than the gear set icons
>>
>>385678348
its in the cuck shed
>>
>>385675260

Currently levelling up BRD and DRK, more so because the DPS queues for any dungeon ever are easily 20+ minute long waits. I'm a shit tank but I'm getting there.
>>
File: crystals.webm (3MB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
crystals.webm
3MB, 960x544px
>>385678229
>>
>>385678410
whm is amazing right now, what are you talking about.
depending on group it's arguably better than AST for prog
>>
>>385677856
>Crafting and triple triad isn't content
Crafting in this game blows WoWs crafting out of the water, and there are many people who play this game solely for the crafting. The fact that this subset of the playerbase even exists is testament to the fact that it is engaging content. As for Triple Triad, comparing a minigame you can play with friends or against NPCs to raid content is completely laughable, what the fuck are you smoking?

WoW raids vs XIV raids is a stupid debate because both of them are built under different design paradigms. XIV features boss arenas with minimal trash while Blizzard made their raids to be more like small zones for people to clear through. There are pros and cons to each, I don't think either are necessarily better, but the fights in XIV are much more cinematic in nature than the ones in WoW.

>Deltascape is embarrassing compared to Emerald Nightmare
No argument there, which is sad because I didn't think very highly of EN to begin with.
>>
>>385678231
He just posts stupid webms of his potato doing stupid shit, ignore it.
>>
>>385678410
lol i said cuck shed again xD
>>
>>385678410
>cuckshed

>AST/WHM world first
>AST/WHM is meta

Nice try SCHfag, back into the shed you go
>>
>>385678282
They are not. They are just random adventurers that you call when you have some dungeon to do.
The game actually jokes a lot about this.
>>
>>385672846
Same thing in WoW and most MMOs these days.
>>
File: rtm.png (680KB, 494x946px) Image search: [Google]
rtm.png
680KB, 494x946px
>>385671587
>>
>>385677708
It was pretty good. The leveling was fun and varied (for mmo standards), pvp was entertaining and mostly balanced and the endgame raid I tried was well designed and engaging. Most of the dungeons were pretty bland though. I liked it but then some people from my static stopped playing and we couldn't get proper replacements, people were having trouble just getting attuned and I eventually stopped playing for like a week for some reason and never came back.
>>
>>385677320
I've been meaning to try PSO2 but I thought it was a Jap only. I played the shit out of the first one on GameCube back in the day. Would you recommend?
>>
>>385670941
This reasoning is specifically why it flopped the first time, and it's exactly the point the lead dev waved in the face of SE.

Final Fantasy isn't an insta-win anymore.
>>
>>385678231
you asked for DRK here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xlX9r6mjiI
>>
>>385678553
>Arguably better than AST

I wouldn't go that far, but WHM is most definitely in a really good spot right now. If it had any sort of raid utility to boost its solid DPS and excellent healing capabilities, it would definitely be the best healer.

AST is still the best one right now, due to its great healing and still fantastic raid buffs after the Balance nerf.
>>
yoshida is retiring when the next ffxiv expansion drops
>>
>>385677916
>Defending SMN
>Someone actually defending SMN

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1euYRsPE4rU8aNzlDu8B-_rIE5hkEQIKhWBgNe0o1N9w/edit#gid=0

How many pets command you see anon? Have you even play a MMO with an actual pet class at all? Is amazing to find people defending this DoT mage still.
>>
>>385678804
good
>>
>>385677549
ARR is just sped-up 1.2X though with more reactive client-server so you could have aoe dodging instead of pre-dodging everything by three seconds like in 1.2X Garuda EX.
>>
Question to WoW players.
So we got ability pruning in Stormblood. Now early level content feels so fucking bored because you when you get scaled down you literally press 2 buttons in a whole dungeon. Endgame is still the same amount of buttons as Haevensward, but that's not the case.

And this is a first time we got pruning. WoW has 5 or 6 expansions? Did blizzard prune abilities? I heard it was more than once. How do the first dungeons of the vanilla plays now? Did they tried something to do to fix this issue?
>>
>>385678804
Then I'll probably quit too, shit won't be the same without that crazy jap, and we'll probably have a new jap MMO coming soon as well.
>>
>>385672696
can always tell which shitters never got past level 20
>>
>>385678535
so autism. I see
>>
File: RED FLAGS.jpg (96KB, 740x562px) Image search: [Google]
RED FLAGS.jpg
96KB, 740x562px
Any good BRD guides out there for 4.05?

These cunts own the only guide on MCH and BRD right now, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to take them seriously due to the unprofessionalism. The guide's formatting and punctuation are complete shit, the latter is everything that's wrong with the c@ community, including modifying his voice to sound like a cute girl :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Hxw6gm1Rw
and the former's MCH rotation does lower dps than some jap on controller
>>
How do people unironically find this game so easy? I recently started playing, and I'm finding even ARR postgame content to be pretty challenging. I guess this is my first proper MMO, and I suck, but still...
>>
>>385678936
>shit won't be the same without that crazy jap
Wouldn't that be in XIV's favor given 4.0 is a retread of 3.0 which is a retread of 2.0?
>>
>>385674389
Literally stop liking what I don't like the post.
>>
>>385679002
do you play with a controller? you play the game with a handicap if you're a console/controller player.
>>
>>385678996
the fuck you talkin about, the guide is fine with some really good insight. You looked at that picture and fuckin had an aspie fit didnt you.

dont play brd or mch, you sound like a sam/rdm main
>>
>>385678910
Yes, multiple times.
Different, more handholding regarding quests ever since Cata.
>>
>>385676449
FFXI isn't accessible because the combat is fucking dogshit.
>>
>>385678817
>has and uses pets
>it's not a pet class, it's just a mage with DoTs
ok, in your own vision, how would you define and design a "true" pet class?
>>
File: 1480557723196.png (106KB, 253x228px) Image search: [Google]
1480557723196.png
106KB, 253x228px
>>385678996
Learn the class yourself and without a guide before you compare other people when you can't even dps yourself.
>>
>>385679065
It depends, Yoshi really knows his shit, it's a shame he is stuck developing a WoW clone but still he made 1.2x amazing and savaged the game into what it is now, he also was one of the original DQX devs
>>
>>385678910
You get more of your kit earlier in wow. You definitely at least get some kind of class mechanic. I really dislike how slowly you get bits and pieces of your job in XIV. I don't understand how shit like early game lancer is allowed to exist.

The first dungeons play terribly because the tank just solos everything and everyone else tries to keep up or at least that was the case in WoD.
>>
>>385678059
>lala samurai
Fucking retarded, they have the least amount of strength stat.
>>
>>385679385
>racial stats
>mattering
>>
File: (You).jpg (30KB, 405x322px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
30KB, 405x322px
>>385679385
>min-maxing faggot
>>
>>385678996
Keep your songs up and press everything that procs and or is off cooldown you dummy.
>>
>>385679512
Youre never going to clear o4s if you don't minmax
>>
>>385679618
I'm never going to clear o4s because I don't play enough to give a shit about savage content.
>>
>>385670447
They capitalized on WoD's failure.
>>
>>385679115
I play with keyboard and mouse, is there something I'm missing? I primarily use my keys too
>>
>>385679851
Your control scheme doesn't mean jack shit. It's a fallacy by bad players to make themselves look better because they have nothing else to show. The ninja in the Neo Exdeath world first plays on controller.
>>
>>385679851
read your tooltips and have faster reflexes
>>
>>385679115
>first o4s clear had controller using players
try again nigger
>>
>>385679851
Just not used to it. You on legacy camera controls, or the default?
The game is made around console/controller players, there's just this one autist that always hates it even though it's 32 bit systems holding the game back, not the console.
>>
>>385680010
>all DPS
>>
>every time I'm put on Flames they're absolute buttfucking retards who never attack ice
>get put on Mael
>Flames win by 700

What the fuck
>>
>>385680014
But if he doesn't shitpost about controller users how else will he feel like a good player?
>>
>>385680092
>freelancers don't think they're just filler for shit teams that don't fill
>>
>>385679851
Change to legacy movement type
>>
>>385680207
Except haters are getting BTFO lol
>>
>>385679275
>Yoshi really knows his shit
No he doesn't.

>but still he made 1.2x amazing and savaged the game into what it is now
Most of that wasn't even his work, but his team. They skill-pruned the fuck out of 1.X and its cross-class/trait system and turned it into a repetitive skill combo combat system
>>
>>385680207
What are you even talking about? This thread is debating different mmos and their playstyles. take your autism elsewhere
>>
>>385680207
Fuck off back to /xivg/ microdick.
>>
>>385680267
Can you show proof then? I say that because of the interviews and the actual game I played
>>
>>385679126
>hey these /xivg/ cats make me feel uneasy and for some reason they type without the shift key
>you must be a sam/rdm main
You're retarded.
>>
>>385680207
>he doesn't know how to format text on 4chan
fuck off newfag
>>
>>385679202
They already exist, check FFXI and Aion Spirit Master, only issue with FFXI SMN would be the need for an extra interface for then to use, but they added the stupid mini games to every class so that does not seem like an issue.

When ARR came out I through they would go the Aion way, the pets even looked similar to Aion lvl 45 pets, wich became stronger and cooler looking as each level cap came by, FXIV SMN has no idea what it wants to be, and is the class that resembles the less what it was supposed to be.
>>
By learning from the FUCKING CATASTROPHIC mistake.

Seriously, I never expected them to come back after the wave of 4.0s rolled in. But god damn if they didn't put in the work. I like it when a development team is able to successfully analyze a failure and correct their mistakes. Most of them time the suits would just make some grossly inaccurate generalization (e.g. "People don't want a Final Fantasy MMO") and just write off the property and move on to the next shitshow. So good on Squenix for that one.
>>
>>385680014
>>385680224
I use default, what exactly does legacy change? As first Anon mentioned, I'm just trying to get used to how it all works and plays. Right now I'm playing BRD, and I feel that I usually have bad DPS
>>
>>385680384
1.X combat rework was started by Matsui, and the battle framework for ARR was also by him. After that was over he was made producer of XI for which he's remained since prior to ARR's launch.
>>
>>385680547
The way you move, change it and see for yourself, you don't even need to reboot the game, it's just an option under character configuration
>>
>>385677961
not them but legion pretty blatantly copied the fate system with world quests
not a bad thing
for the record i play and enjoy both games on and off
>>
>>385678601
>doing primal in story
>use of free companies/other adventurers gets brought up
>"whaaaaat!? Leaving something this important in the hands of mercenaries and brigands!? Preposterous!"
>these "mercenaries and brigands" are infinitely more capable warriors than any fighting force or army possessed by any of the grand companies or ishgard combined

The problem is that each "non" chosen one is just as strong as the respective chosen one yet no one seems to witness or be aware of this, even after slaying MULTIPLE gods with their help, no one ever takes a second to think "hey, guys, who are these warriors that can fight on equal footing with the all powerful god-slaying warrior of light? Maybe we should like, get on that, we could make use of all these apparent supersoldiers"
>>
File: 1500829929805.jpg (34KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1500829929805.jpg
34KB, 560x560px
>>385678059
>2.5s GCD
>>
>>385680547
How the character moves/camera works iirc. Haven't played the game in a while (not out of my own volition) so I don't remember it exactly, but as soon as I chose legacy controls I've been sticking with it.
>>
>>385680207
>he's at it again
>>
>>385678996
lol? two people who are pretty fucking good at the game and have fflogs to prove it make a guide, but you wont follow read it because you dont like them as people?
just keep failing then lol
>>
Why is there no world chat? The game is too quiet for a MMO.
>>
>>385680925
Most people chat in hub towns or in their FC chats or linkshells.
>>
>>385680925
find a popular linkshell.
>>
>>385680547
The main things are in rough order of priority
1) Keep your dots up
2) keep your straight shot buff up
3) consume your bloodletter procs asap
4) plink away with heavy shot as filler

At the same time you want to try and keep a song going as much as you can. They each change your rotation a little but it's not that much. Gear-wise stacking crit is huge because all your song-related things care about your dot ticks critting.

Know that you can hit at least one off-gcd ability (ie not a 'spell' or a 'weaponskill') while waiting for the gcd to come tick over. There's more to it but that's a good place to start.
>>
>>385678059
what the fuck is this opener
god lalas are shitters
>>
File: ffxiv_06302017_185509.jpg (516KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06302017_185509.jpg
516KB, 1920x1080px
>>385678910
How about this:
Each job should be completely playable at 50, 60, 70.
Let say you are 70 and sync for a lvl 20 dungeon, so you get your skills of the lvl50 tier but each skill that's beyond the sync level does less damage/heal/aggro/status/mpcost etc.
When you are in a lvl57 dungeon you get skills for lvl60

Would that work?
>>
>>385678996
This guide created BRDs and MCHs who do nothing but follow this guide 100%, even in situations where it would better to improvise. All ranged guidefags I have encountered are not flexible. It's like as if they're all german.
>>
>>385680517
Ok, so I'm watching this right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmomtz-DDQU
Granted I can't understand what this guy is saying, but so far I don't see anything particularly different. He summons a pet, he sends the pet to attack shit and then he's spamming his fire bolt attack. Occasionally, it looks like he might be casting something on his pet but I can't be sure because my vision isn't the best and the video quality isn't very high. That is to say, I'm not saying SMN couldn't or shouldn't be something more interesting than what it currently is, I'm just not sure what it is you want.
>>
>>385680678
>2.5s gcd with rotational off gcd abilities
vs
>1.5s gcd with none

They're literally about the same apm.
>>
>>385680678
Samurai doesn't have a 2.5s GCD
>>
>>385671679
Every other character has a name from an anime or weeb game.
>>
>Ishgard housing never ever
>Congregation GC never ever
>Scholasticate questline continuation never ever
>spreading the Fury's word to Garleans never ever
>Ayymeric and Estinien being relevant again never ever
>>
>>385681302
full skillspeed samurai here, im at 2.01 and going even lower.
>>
Will I be fine wearing 310 gear and wearing some 320 gear for OS3, because I was expecting to go tank for Omega, but turns out they needed a nin and now I'm stuck at ilvl315 for nin?
>>
>>385681305
saw the same shit in WoW my dude
>>
>>385681380
Grats on doing shit DPS.
>>
>>385681302
didnt use shifu in the webm
>>
>>385681369
>Ishgard housing never ever
good
>>
>>385681432
Should be fine, what caused the sudden change, a new member or something?
>>
>>385681445
Skillspeed was a problem because of YP management.

Now that every melee has goad and bard can easily cycle TP regeneration the problem is gone.
>>
File: 727294719492.png (95KB, 1064x598px) Image search: [Google]
727294719492.png
95KB, 1064x598px
>>385680678
>Literally 0 GCD
>>
>WoWclone
You either hadn't played WoW or FFXIV, or you're just really ignorance and these are your only exposure to the MMO genre.
>>
>>385677856
>why would you call me a WoW player when I'm a WoW player, stop oppressing me!
>>
File: sam weight.jpg (7KB, 280x88px) Image search: [Google]
sam weight.jpg
7KB, 280x88px
>>385681445
:^)
>>
Is there any easy way to get fieldcraft demimateria or my only option is to craft/desinth a bunch of stuff?
I love the crafting in this, but I'm blocked in the master recipes since I can't get enough demi
>>
>>385677856
"progressively harder versions"
nigga no version of any dungeon at legion launch even was ever difficult and "progressively better loot" was stuck behind a RNG A.T Field the size of my mom
>>
>>385681672
Grats on doing shit DPS
now you gotta go back
>>
>>385681684
You eother desynth or buy them from marketboard
>>
>>385681154
Does the Straight Shot buff have any effect on the dots? Also, what exactly is the Bloodletter proc? Is that when I have Mage's Ballad up and my dots are critting, so I can rapidly use it?
>>
>>385680651
Don't be retarded. Legion took over everything from Diablo 3 because the new dev team is primarily comprised of Diablo 3 devs. Moron.
>>
>>385681585
Except Direct Hit is about twice as good as SS currently
>>
>>385681558
The member that was going nin went to go join his friends group and the replacement the leader found only has tank.

I'm fine with nin though since it is my secondary main, but I'm worried we won't kill fast enough before enrage.
>>
>>385681718
>doubting the man behind stat weights in the entirety of XIV
Imagine being this underage
>>
>>385681648
It follows the same themepark formula Wow popularized.

t. Someone who played EVE, UO, Lineage, early EQ , WoW, BDO, and ARR
>>
So tanks wanna slap more STR into their accessories and focus DH on left side correct?
>>
Finally hit level cap in ARR, probably going to put off buying Stormblood until my sub runs out. I'm slightly miffed that I spend so much time trying to get good gear from dungeons only to have the lvl 50 class quest go "oh btw here's a set of blues that blows everything you've gotten to this point straight out the fucking water, have fun!" but I can hardly complain. Is there anything worth working towards or will the expansion make most of what I can get obsolete?
>>
File: 1488396474688.jpg (161KB, 728x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1488396474688.jpg
161KB, 728x1484px
>get baited onto balmung
>friends say we're gonna get into a static with the 4-5 people we have
>everyone fucking bails
>i have nobody to raid with and will probably be stuck pugging deltascape1/2 savage forever
>no way to get experience or find a group that isn't fully retarded or completely elitist to a person who has been playing for maybe 2 months
>>
>>385681759
You literally can't add DH on every piece of BiS armor
>>
>>385681759
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cJaTt3NGl-x8iFzyLpupfo6b7ChV-UIn-71yZ-xyivk/edit#gid=1061959067
>>385681804
Don't listen to dervy anon just stack crit and only crit, things literally didn't change at all since 3.5 right?
>>
>>385681834
STR tanks belong on a cross.
>>
I play WoW but I respect FFXIV.
It's just not for me though.
I really, really dislike the artstyle.
>>
>>385681684
Desynth.
Whats your desynth stuff? You can get a good amount of FC3s and MCD by crafting the blacksmith stuff to turn in for the hammer to desynth, in Mor Dhona.

>>385681729
Yes because it increases your crit rate, and when the initial dot impact crits, each tick is a crit, yes, that's what bloodletter procs are.

>>385681762
You should be fine, if you wanna be extra sure use food and infusions. Just follow your rotation/priorities.

>>385681834
Yes. Eventually tenacity/crit will overtake DH in 4.2 I think because you will have a constant rate of DH, while the other stats will just keep going up.
>>
>>385681926
I'm talking about melds ya dingus
>>
>>385681369
ishgard is a gloomy shithole and im glad it's finally fucking over with
>>
>>385681871
They added level 90 gear to the job quests so that you don't have to grind level 50 dungeons for gear to continue the MSQ. Later MSQs give you level 110 gear and HW quests give you HQ 115-150 gear with the 60 job quests giving you 200 gear.
>>
File: Clenches fist6.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Clenches fist6.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
I WANT SUMMER/4TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT/4.1 NEWS ALREADY GODDAMNIT
>>
>>385681834
Yeah STR on accessories. Not quite sure how I'd meld left side.
>>
>>385681804
Pretty sure the same guy said that SS was still retarded and to go DH / DET because SS is only worth in vacuum fights which is not realistic in 'most' savage content.
>>
>>385681975
it's cozy, snowy and the best city-state and definitely NOT a shithole!
>>
>>385682019
I'll summarize for you: it's shit
>>
>>385682109
>it's cozy
no it isn't
>>
>>385681907
You can get it on nearly every piece of gear retard
>>
>>385681729
Yes and uhh yes.
>>
>>385682109
Ishgard is way too spread out. I like it, aesthetically, but getting around is such a pain in the ass, they should have at least let you mount in town.
>>
>>385681730
whoops sorry for not playing shitty game genres and instead thinking that a company known for copying other companies' ideas continued their trend of copying said ideas which they totally fucking did and you're just a retard
>>
>>385682229
yes it is
>>
>>385682080
>which is not realistic
I guess SS is useless when there's downtime but did he specifically say how it's not realistic? Of course I'm still prioritizing DH but I need to look at other stats too
>>
>>385681079
Every single linkshell I see on the lodestone are hunt linkshells. Is there a better way to find one?
>>
>>385682312
>thinking fates are original

Public Quests from Warhammer Online and rifts from Rift did this way before ARR
>>
>>385681957
Same here anon but the other way, WoW is a legendary game and a massive success, no one can deny that, I just dislike the cartoonish art style.
>>
>>385682312
>all this impotent rage in one post
not the guy you're bitching at but I have absolutely no clue what it is you're trying to say, maybe you should step away from the computer for a bit.
>>
So as someone not into savage progression, do I have anything left after gearing out from ex primals/normal omega other than leveling and gearing alt jobs? Just debating on whether or not to unsub until 4.1.
>>
>>385682331
no it isn't
dont reply
>>
>>385682565
Crafting and making money off that, which you can then sell for real money.
Otherwise unsub till 4.1
>>
>>385682367
Can't be bothered too dig up his posts but he mentioned fights like v3s and v4s being bad for SS heavy Sams. Like yeah it's good but going FULL SS is wrong, as you said, every time there's downtime, SS lose value. I think he mentioned his BiS being around 1300/1400 or something like that.
>>
>>385682312
There has been very little Blizzard has copied from other games. In the early days they used current MMOs like EQ as a reference to make WoW. Outside of that, nothing comes to mind. They're so damn successful because they're highly innovative trend setters in the industry.

>Diablo
>shitty genre
Opinion invalidated.
>>
Who /unsubbed/ here? Both tome dungeons are boring as shit, EX's were too easy, new aquapolis doesn't have fun rewards, and I've never been less interested in getting savage gear as I have this tier
>>
>>385682693
>nu-diablo
>good
Opinion invalidated.
>>
>>385670447
massive shilling campaign on /v/ and other weeb forums

even then it still isn't doing very well
>>
>>385682715
I do the daily roulette, the occasional event with friends, and raid for a couple of hours twice a week. Because I play so little, it's always fun when I play it. I don't think I could stomach this game anymore if I played too much of it.
>>
>>385682619
Eh, all I want is a Shirogane apartment and I have 2 mil. Looks like I'm set then.
>>
>>385682019
Why do you care about the summer items unless you're a slut.
>>
So I've been going through the Heavensward main story dungeons as an AST, and are they supposed to this hard to heal in or am I just bad? Everything seems to do some much damage and my healing never seems to do enough.
I didn't have this problem with any of the dungeons from ARR.
>>
>>385682783
How the fuck would you know? You just admitted to never having played it. Twice, in fact.
>>
>>385682471
and blizzard decides to copy it only after another MMO has it and gets successful. the diablo idiot seems to not realize that they moved all those d3 devs over for WoD before FF14 exploded, and a year after it did surprise surprise the next expansion adds world quests
>>385682693
blizzard hasn't innovated since warcraft 3 and anyone with talent has long since left. everything since has been copied for better or worse
and diablo and ARPGs in general are fucking garbage and anyone who enjoys them is not worthy of even holding an opinion
>>
>>385682868
Kind of this. I get into it, get out, do a daily, do a roulette, log out, do another game, come back. Maybe this weekend I do one EX, maybe the next PVP.
>>
>>385672846

>Main character has literally 0 personality

And people play this shit for the story.. sad.
>>
File: coming.jpg (41KB, 539x574px) Image search: [Google]
coming.jpg
41KB, 539x574px
>>385682918
I like looking at other sluts being slutty.
>>
>>385682019
/clenchfist
>>
>>385682946
not the same guy, I just stopped by to point out that Diablo 3 is trash.
>>
File: ffxiv_07302017_225307.png (879KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07302017_225307.png
879KB, 1920x1080px
is ffxiv the most comfy mmo out there
>>
>>385682991
With your line of argument you could pull out any game and claim they copied everything in that game from every other game made before it. Stop being a tool.
>>
>>385682715
I can't believe I bought those emotes and then haven't logged in for two weeks
>>
File: 1285851675.webm (654KB, 332x316px) Image search: [Google]
1285851675.webm
654KB, 332x316px
>>385683284
>paying $7 for a emote
>>
File: clenches fist.jpg (682KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
clenches fist.jpg
682KB, 1920x1080px
>>385683134
Make it happen, Yoshida.
>>
File: 1496088106912.jpg (44KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1496088106912.jpg
44KB, 501x585px
>>385683284
good gaijin! Yoshi will soon be able to afford his new California vacation house thanks to you!
>>
I haven't reached SB yet, but I'm thinking about how people say it has a lack of postgame content. More is eventually coming, r-right guys?
>>
File: Ala Mhigo.jpg (493KB, 1370x538px) Image search: [Google]
Ala Mhigo.jpg
493KB, 1370x538px
>Create an entire expansion around liberating a city-state under Empire rule for decades
>Release the expansion and the city-state itself isn't even accessible outside of a 15 minute dungeon run

This is so fucking stupid, I wanted to explore Ala Mhigo as an actual city like the rest. It looks really well designed and big and powerful. Is it ever going to be available outside of an instance?
>>
>>385683529
Yes in patch increments of 2-4 months.
>>
>>385683529
Duh there's going to be more. Deltascape wasn't even the first major content patch, it was just unlocked. It's following the same cycle pattern as ARR and HW.
>>
>>385683559
My guess is we'll be exploring/rebuilding the city from the siege. Why would they put an useless aetheryte in the residential zone?
>>
>>385683146
untrue, because in other cases where things follow a similar genre there's still some innovation
blizzard's post WC3 business model has had none of it. let's look at their game releases
>WoW: we casualized everquest! WOW
>SC2: the same game as SC1 but casualized, oh but we split it in 3 parts so you have to pay extra to get the whole game
>D3: real money auction house BOYS! INNOVATION
>Overwatch: let's just steal TF2 and add some light MOBA mechanics. that's all we have to do

WoW was the last game made by the old guard and even then you could see the decline beginning.
shit if we want to go even further the company got big by piggypacking off of fucking Warhammer and then changing juuuuust enough to avoid a copyright claim and release it as their own when they lost the Warhammer license
as i said before, i enjoy WoW, but i'm not gonna pretend that this company does anything but steal others' ideas nowadays
>>
File: bros.jpg (500KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bros.jpg
500KB, 1920x1080px
I'm pretty unstoked about being so close to SB with all I've heard of it. Tell me honestly; are you guys memeing me that the story is so bad or is it actually okay? I loved my time in Ishgard and all the >*clenches fist* posting, /d/-tier-scalefucker talks and Zenos retardation has lead me to believe I'm about to be in for a major step-down in quality, especially in characters. The entire Fortemps cast was a complete delight, from Haurchefant's death and Edmond's reaction to it, to Artoriel's trepidation in succeeding his father, and even Emmanellain's character development towards the end was great. I'm just worried that SB will serve only to be a huge let down in what the game feels like at this point.
>>
>>385675675
It gets bad for me during peak hours, so I usually only start playing around midnight and into the early morning. Finding groups takes a little longer, but at least I can see what the fuck is going on when I get into Duty.

I will never not be mad that SE moved them out to fucking California instead of Chicago or Dallas. Fucking retarded of them. I may as well play on EU if I want to play when people are actually awake since I get the same exact ping and less packet loss during the times I want to play at. Live in NA, get worse service to my continent's data center than the one across the ocean during peak hours. Horseshit.
>>
>>385682619
Where do you sell your gil?
>>
>>385683801
You're gonna have to use your googlefu for this subject little man.
>>
>>385683732
The highs in SB are pretty high, but they are few and far between, imo. The story is way too fast progression for what they accomplish by the end of 4.0 story wise. I think you will have some fun with it, though you will get annoyed at other parts.
>>
>>385683732
>I'm just worried that SB will serve only to be a huge let down
Don't worry, it will.
>>
File: GLORIOUS ALA MHIGO.jpg (208KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUS ALA MHIGO.jpg
208KB, 1440x900px
>>385683559
Only the outskirts that we have access to. You expected them to make a full city zone on their shoestring budget?
>>
>>385683905
Story really should have been Doma for end of SB, and then Ala Mhigo for the 4.X series. That would have at least bought them more story time and better pacing.
>>
File: concerns.png (79KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
concerns.png
79KB, 457x472px
>>385683905
>>385683975
That's unfortunate. Admittedly the highest points in the game storyline-wise have seemed to come from the number patch additions, but I was hoping the main story would be better. It doesn't need to be HW-tier, but is it at least better than ARR's quests?
>>
>>385683732
I enjoyed SB actually, the villains are pretty fun and we still have more story content coming soon as well
>>
>>385683559
>i want to idle in a city to craft and ERP
>>
File: Ala Mhigo 2.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ala Mhigo 2.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>385684008
Given that was so much artwork based on the city itself and even the dungeon shows that it could be easily changed into an explorable city-state, yes. Kugane is nice, but Ala Mhigo was the center of the entire expansion. It should have been something completely fleshed out, rather than something you do once and forget about.

For fucks sake, it's one of the five major city states of Eorzea. There's no other parts of Aldenard left to explore and that was the last section we needed to free and have join the Alliance. It's just a weak cop out for something that should have been a lot greater.
>>
>>385684146
4.0 MSQ is mostly MSQ focused. Not as blatant with the fillers as 2.0 was. Basically expect the same level of pacing that 3.0 had.
>>
We had mor dhona and idyllshire being constructed up, whats stormbloods equivalent?
>>
>>385684273
Better than nothing I guess. As long as it stays story-focused I should be able to put up with it. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>385683801
i make $2000 a month from playerauctions
>>
>>385684449
probably rhalgr's reach
>>
File: ix.png (484KB, 1050x789px) Image search: [Google]
ix.png
484KB, 1050x789px
Wonder if 4.X will make us detour to ARR lands again for unfinished concept ideas that didn't make it for 2.0, like Xelphatol coming out in 3.4 instead and the msq 'conveniently' involving them for a quick plot run-around.
>>
For someone who's played and gotten burnt out on both WoW from vanilla to Legion era, as well as ESO; is there anything about FFXIV that really good that sets it apart from these other two MMOs?
>>
>>385674874
You could go through all the hurdles of playing DDO + language barrier.
>>
>>385683905
When's the next high after Lyse kicks the fish?
>>
>>385678024
>played the game

Cmon anon look at where you are
>>
>>385670447
Why does everyone shit on the 2.5 gcd?
Never played btw.
>>
>>385684602
because they've never actually played the game
>>
>>385684602
Big meme because they haven't played the game.
>>
When the fuck are we going to get a real bank and kick this retainer shit to the curb
>>
>>385684602
Because most of the combat is slow as fuck until 55+ where you start amassing your primary skillset and offgcds to hit.
>>
>>385684602
It's about twice as long as WoW's and in the early game you've got fuck all else to do while waiting for it. It gets a lot better toward max level though, at least for Bards.
>>
>not-Japan is beautiful and colorful
>Alami is literally fucking Afghanistan
Seriously, Japan. You're not even pretending anymore.
>>
>>385684602
because look at >>385678059
slow as shit 2.5s gcd, terrible mmo netcode
>>
>>385684602
It's a meme by people who haven't played the game

People who have played the game and want to complain about the clunky and unresponsive combat talk about animation locks, unresponsive servers and client-side input delay; all of which are what make the gameplay in this game feel like shit where nothing 'clicks'
>>
>>385684602
WoW refugees not used to it. The 2.5 has a purpose within the context of XIV's content/combat. It's admittedly as slow going as they think at first, but 2.5 becomes relevant closer to endgame.
>>
File: 1377116360212.gif (499KB, 289x245px) Image search: [Google]
1377116360212.gif
499KB, 289x245px
>>385670447
>tfw bought ARR for Steam and the non-Steam version of Stormblood
>>
>>385684743
Never because SE gets to bleed players for an extra nine months a month per additional retainer.
>>
>>385684894
>client-side input delay
But there's no such thing
>>
>>385684923
Yeah animation locks and clipping your gcd because all the off gcds have different animation lengths are clunky but more interesting than not having them.
>>
>>385685035
Animation lock causes client side input delay
>>
>>385684602
Its spouted by retards who never played the game or never got past level 4
>>
What's the best looking reshade right now?
>>
File: 1498941461171.png (145KB, 203x492px) Image search: [Google]
1498941461171.png
145KB, 203x492px
>>385685127
Please stop trying to talk about things you don't understand
>>
File: Frontlines.png (553KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Frontlines.png
553KB, 720x540px
>>385684529
Might be getting this in 4.1 or so.
>>
>>385685204
We're not. That's concept art for Borderlands which we got, but looked nowhere near as extravagent.
>>
>>385678389
>>385678229
The ones people use on job icons usually sort your inventory when you switch jobs.
>>
>>385685184
Hmm okay you're right; there's no animation lock in this game and using oGCD skills totally doesn't make you watch their stupid animation through its entirety before using another skill
>>
File: icons3.png (115KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
icons3.png
115KB, 384x384px
>>385675260
>tfw we'll never have 4K-ready icons again
>>
>>385685265
>borderlands
That looks nooooooooooooooothing like Borderlands.
>>
>>385685501
I know, but it is. Each GC has their shitty-ass base with trebuchet/ramps/etc outside of 'em.

PS3limitations.
>>
>>385677856
I'd rather do the same thing over than do the same thing over with higher numbers to get gear with higher numbers to do the same thing with higher numbers.
>>
>>385685439
you know they could make a killing selling real life job crystals
i know i'd buy a red mage one in a heartbeat
>>
>>385685204
i could have sworn this was refurbished Fortress concept art
>>
>>385684529
Fuck that, add bigger butts.
>>
>Heaven's Eye VI end up super underpriced by Sunday compared to midweek
>have to eat like 25% of the possible profit margin in taxes
Fug

>>385685386
Keep digging retard
>>
>>385685587
XIV does have a lot of XII people in it.
>>
>>385685562
They seem content enough selling those pins with the job class icon on it.
>>
>>385682918
why would you be anything else?
>>
File: Explosion_Megumin.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Explosion_Megumin.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>playing BLM in pvp
God this is fun. I get more kills and assists blowing everything up than I ever did as any other job.
>>
>>385685718
>Not being a stoic person who does depraved shit behind closed doors
Being a regular naked slut is boring
>>
>>385685663
which makes me happy, i can't wait for the return to ivalice stuff. i've high hopes for it
>>
>>385685818
>ends up just being recycled textures/locations/enemy models from XII:TZA
>>
>>385685776
oh yeah thats good but i kinda thought that counted as being a slut
>>
>>385685734
any other gifs representing classes?
>>
>>385685734
PvP is legitimately the only redeeming thing about XIV's endgame.

Frontlines is actually a lot of fun, because it changes every single game and no two are alike. Each one requires a different approach to overcoming your enemies than the last. And with the new rework to PvP actions all of the jobs feel really fluid and fun. A shame shatter is shit.
>>
>>385685939
Heres a white mage player in action
>>
File: 1496859322651.jpg (191KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1496859322651.jpg
191KB, 900x1273px
>>385685734
i'm pretty sure BLM straight up the strongest burst in pvp, if they have everything
>>
>>385685604
Please tell me more about how there are no animation locks oh wise Materia VI reseller
>>
File: 1492798886415.jpg (265KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1492798886415.jpg
265KB, 1000x667px
Comfy snowy Ishgard housing when?
>>
>>385685948
Frontlines would be more fun if half the population in there wasn't blatantly botting and not contributing to whether your side wins or loses.
>>
File: (you) bastard.jpg (88KB, 419x580px) Image search: [Google]
(you) bastard.jpg
88KB, 419x580px
>>385685854
i..i would still be happy. but fuck, that really does sound plausible
>>
>>385685868
Nah, being a slut means advertising it
>>
>>385685939
This is something i want to do now, find gifs/webms that represent the classes. like the world ball with jojo.
>>
>>385686065
It also won't involve Balthier, because 3.0 already did sky pirates with Void Ark. Can't have the same setup two expansions in a row.
>>
>>385670447
>WoWclone
how long is this buzzword going to be used
>>
File: nope.png (134KB, 482x315px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
134KB, 482x315px
>MMOs
>Square Enix
>2017

Whatever theyre paying these shills isnt enough for how often theyre here
>>
>>385685948
Shame Shatter is like, the ONLY map ever rolled in the roulette. I much prefer Feast now, more bitesized and hectic.
>>
File: 1500829386436.png (117KB, 1258x884px) Image search: [Google]
1500829386436.png
117KB, 1258x884px
>>385681267
Is this supposed to be a comparison to WoW? Because they're not the same APM.
>>
>>385686154
As long as they keep making sequels to unique games that completely coincidentally take 95% of their gameplay from WoW?
>>
>>385686058
Yeah, I agree. I wish we could go back to 2.3/2.4 during the Secure days. That's when Frontlines required the most strategy and critical thinking.

Nowadays it's just about blobbing around the map and half of the people bot anyways. Introducing PvE experience to the mode may have livened up queues but it definitely wasn't worth the tradeoff. They should get rid of it, honestly.
>>
File: ayyy.gif (1MB, 303x171px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.gif
1MB, 303x171px
black mage casting fire 3
>>
File: 856.jpg (83KB, 600x769px) Image search: [Google]
856.jpg
83KB, 600x769px
There's nothing more triggering than queuing as something else besides your main and seeing another chucklefuck in the df play your class stupidly. It's so damn ridiculous how there are so many paladins not using holy spirit or even knowing total eclipse exists. Drop immediately if i hear the swoosh swoosh of rage of halone back to back in a combo
>>
File: 1501206156482.jpg (55KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
1501206156482.jpg
55KB, 391x391px
I dont suppose anyone has an empty rank 8 fc on mateus theyd be willing to sell?
>>
>>385686008
Please tell me when anyone said the game doesn't have animation locks you dribbling mouthbreather
>>
>>385686280
>Fire 3
what the fuck are you doing hardcasting Fire 3
>>
File: rogue_cpm.png (86KB, 1281x771px) Image search: [Google]
rogue_cpm.png
86KB, 1281x771px
>>385686219
Just gonna post (again) what WoW's CPM is actually made of.
>>
>>385685982
kek
>>
>>385686317
thats why its taking so long
>>
>>385686008
>>385686304
Actually no fuck it don't I really don't want to read any more migraine inducingly stupid posts from someone that has never played any games besides WoW.
>>
File: isurehope.jpg (38KB, 428x315px) Image search: [Google]
isurehope.jpg
38KB, 428x315px
As someone who played WoW for basically a decade only to switch to A Realm Reborn a few months before Heavensward came out and only went back to Legion for a few months...

WoW still does a lot of things well. Heck, I'd say a decent amount of stuff it does is better than XIV. Both games offer a wide variety of things to do with varying degrees of time and skill required to get the content done. But the big difference is how the two companies present the content and experience to you and that's where XIV is currently excelling and WoW is currently failing.

In XIV with the exception of progressing through the Main Story Quest... you don't need to do anything. There are people who played through Heavensward without ever touching the Anima Weapon chain and they weren't hurting for it. There were weapon choices that were as good if sometimes better. Same thing with people that never touched upon Custom Deliveries, Collectables or even just ever unlocking the Crafting and Gathering professions. Same thing for Savage and Extreme Raids. People that did choose to do them were rewarded however with perks, money, better gear and some options for cool Glamours over people that just ran the most basic dungeons.

WoW on the other hand as we went into Warlords of Draenor and even mores so in Legion: Blizzard was starting to decide on what you needed to do. They started gating more and more stuff behind the Garrison Missions, Sea Battles, Class Hall Upgrades, World Dailies, Artifact Weapons... everything was focused on those. You didn't choose to do those everything else would grind to a screeching halt. It's that difference between XIV showing you things you may want to do versus WoW showing you the things it has decided you need to do is why I dropped my decade long account.

Also, the fact that XIV's story is about your character becoming more and more awesome while WoW will forever have you in the shadow of the NPCs also stands out.
>>
>>385686154
Cause apparently WoW invented hotkey combat, so because most MMOs use hotkey combat, they're all WoW clones. Aka it's not going away for a looooooooooong time Unless the MMO genre dies out which feels like soon
>>
>>385686390
what situation has arisen where you need hardcast F3
>>
File: 1497485273407.jpg (22KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1497485273407.jpg
22KB, 384x384px
>>385686415
>>
>>385686443
to feel how long it takes to cast
>>
>>385686506
but why would you need to if you never have to in normal play
>>
File: 1499386268661.webm (728KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1499386268661.webm
728KB, 426x426px
>not thanking your healer after the run
>>
>>385686415
As someone who has never played WoW, good write up and perspective, anon. Was interesting to read.

What was better, WoW at its highest or FFXIV at its highest? Which one has the lowest points?
>>
>>385686568
I thank everyone after the run.
>>
>>385670447
It didn't "surpass" jack shit, it just has name recognition with a sizable fan-base of pussies that are willing to shill for non-fucking-stop.
>>
File: 1499953499787.jpg (69KB, 800x742px) Image search: [Google]
1499953499787.jpg
69KB, 800x742px
>>385686568
>that face
good, fuck healers
>>
>>385686324
It doesn't change the fact that your argument was refuted. FFXIV is considerably slower than WoW. The best players in FFXIV playing the fastest class only hit about 45 buttons a minute which means they have 50-100% more time between each cast to perform their rotation.
>>
>>385670447
>How did it do it?

It's based on a well known IP.
>>
>>385686568
>Being thanked for doing your job
>>
>>385685663
Nobody from XII worked on Fortress. It was a project outsourced to a swedish developer.
>>
File: 1489626706401.gif (1018KB, 245x135px) Image search: [Google]
1489626706401.gif
1018KB, 245x135px
needs a name
>>
>>385686415
While I vastly prefer FFXIV to WoW this is about 90% false. The whole point of Legion is that now you're the big badass of your class, and that there's a million different things you can do on the grind. The only thing forced really is the Artifact Weapon as part of the class hall quest, but that's because it's a huge part of the Legion expansion. You can do crafting or world quests or dungeons or M+ or raids or pet battles. If anything there's way more choice in WoW because it's not just "cap tomestones via roulettes, do your weekly Normal Raid and Normal Alliance, do Savage if you want" for progress.

God I wish FFXIV would rip off M+ wholesale and make dungeons interesting again.
>>
I got to like level 33 and gave up. Questing boring and tedious. It does not respect your time.
>>
>>385686732
>fuck healers
>health gets low in dungeon/raid
>p-p-p-pls help
>>
>>385686780
>WAR tries to join the group as a DPS
>>
File: 1497852782101.png (497KB, 565x564px) Image search: [Google]
1497852782101.png
497KB, 565x564px
>>385681267
That's not true though.
WoW has a 1.5s GCD for casters and a 1s GCD for melee.
Most classes do indeed have off-GCD abilities as well, in addition to many trinkets being off-GCD.

Casters such as Fire also have abilities off of GCD as an integral part of their playstyle, with Flame Blast being usable while casting.

GCD is also reduced by haste.

Sorry, but FF is actually just slow.

Average APM in FF ranges from 20-40.
Average APM in WoW ranges from 50-100, with Shadow and Assassination reaching ~150.
This is all publicly available to see in the form of combat parses.

It's not even in the same league.
>>
>>385686415
>complains that you're always in the shadows of NPCs in WoW
>constant complaint against WoW is about how they made you too important

Really burnt my toast. Also the game doesnt force you to do anything, your own "raid or die" mentality convinced you that Concordance is a mandatory grind
>>
File: 1500706412037.gif (4MB, 401x574px) Image search: [Google]
1500706412037.gif
4MB, 401x574px
>this is your healer for this evening
>>
>>385686736
Yeah I kinda just swooped into the thread and didn't read the chain, but just saw that image I've seen a bunch of times. The only way you could argue higher APM on the part of XIV melee is that they need to move to hit positionals more than WoW classes, but I sure as fuck don't know if that's true.

Feels pretty easy to say that WoW has you press buttons faster, but with less thought put in, but I haven't seriously played WoW since TBC when some Warlocks were literal Shadowbolt machines, so I dunno.
>>
what the fuck is a double clip compared to a single
>>
>>385686940
>Hyur

No thanks
>>
>>385686732
>fuck healers
mmm yes, please do, daddy owo
>>
File: XIV Capes NEVER EVER.webm (3MB, 1310x756px) Image search: [Google]
XIV Capes NEVER EVER.webm
3MB, 1310x756px
PROPER CAPES WITH CLOTH PHYSICS WHEN, YOSHI
>>
>>385686750
That's why 1.0 was fucking amazing amirite?
>>
>>385686273
>remove PVE experience
>people will still bot it for easy tomes
>remove tomes
>long-ass queues return for only 24-man matches
>>
>>385686750
Sure did well when it first launched.
>>
>>385686950
>Feels pretty easy to say that WoW has you press buttons faster, but with less thought put in

This is both true and not, WoW has about double the number of classes as XIV and there is a much wider variance in complexity among the specs. BM hunter is braindead easy and can perform its entire rotation while moving. Meanwhile s2m shadow priest has literal millisecond windows to get casts in if they want to get max void torrents during s2m and if they fuck up a single cast they literally die and cannot be ressed.
>>
>>385686324

Isn't Shadow Blade just a buff that causes your attacks to deal extra damage?
>>
>>385686415
Interesting read, too bad you are wrong in most of your statements
>>
File: 1338321997618.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1338321997618.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>385685854
I wouldn't mind this.
>>
File: XIV Capes NEVER EVER 2.webm (3MB, 1112x698px) Image search: [Google]
XIV Capes NEVER EVER 2.webm
3MB, 1112x698px
>>385687061
YOSHI PLS
>>
>>385687061
>FFXI had NPCs with actual cape physics
>FFXIV has them baked into the animation for the rare times they're even used

Also Exdeath is recycled from Thordan, the cape being the dead give-away.
>>
>>385687061
have you ever noticed how syphon strike has the same animation as the 2nd part of the enmity combo and the only difference is the overhead swing after
ruined it for me when i noticed that
>>
>>385686006
God I wish Elezen were this good-looking in-game. They're just off enough to not be top-tier.
>>
>>385686765
I'm sure SE kept their work at the end.
>>
>>385687061
>>385687212
They can't even prevent basic clipping on hair/models. What makes you think they want people whining about constant cape clipping as well? Cat/Au'ra tails would constantly go through them
>>
>>385687061
Whats that from
>>
>>385687323
I don't care what subhumans whine about!

HYUR POWER HYUR POWER
>>
File: 1501453546915.gif (3MB, 206x105px) Image search: [Google]
1501453546915.gif
3MB, 206x105px
>WAR tank
>>
>>385687192
>double the number of classes as XIV
XIV actually has more classes than WoW
>>
>>385687328
model swap of the race-specific Odin model
>>
>>385687192
>implying anyone would actually play such a thing
>implying that would even be complexity anyways
Only Blizzdrones think APM is a stat anyone should care about.
>>
>>385686887
Of course WoW is a little bit faster, needs to compensate for the brain dead mechanics it has.
>>
>>385687192
>WoW has about double the number of classes as XIV
No it doesn't it has a lot more specs but not more classes, FFXIV actually has more classes than WoW now.
>there is a much wider variance in complexity among the specs
LOL, good joke one of the main reasons I stopped playing legion was classes felt super similar bar spriest and like one other class.
>>
>>385687323
They already do
>>
how is brave excivius?
>>
>>385687170
It wasn't a WoW clone when it first launched. It was a fucking mess of a game with no direction.
>>
>>385687061
>cape doesn't even know what to do half the time and just hangs there
>>
>>385687463
Considering each spec in WoW plays almost entirely different, I'm sure he just means spec.

>>385687192
I am always interested to hear how WoW has changed over the years, I quit right when WotLK dropped because I loved Shadow Priest being utility, and they basically just homogenized it at that point.

>>385687193
I honestly have no fucking idea I just looked up what that high CPM number was actually doing and wasn't particularly surprised to find that half their button presses were the same move.
>>
File: 1497656564299.png (67KB, 461x260px) Image search: [Google]
1497656564299.png
67KB, 461x260px
>lag spike
>can't do anything for like 5 seconds
>look away move happened during those 5 seconds so I also lose another 10 seconds of not being able to do anything
>>
>>385687417
>yfw they add capes exclusive to Hyur and Elezen
>>
File: 41819973_p0.jpg (253KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
41819973_p0.jpg
253KB, 800x960px
>>385687021
Furscum.
>>
>>385687597
So in other words being a well known IP did nothing? Got it.
>>
>>385687652
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
>>
>>385687528
>>385687463
>XIV actually has more classes than WoW

That's a semantic argument, a WoW spec is the equivalent of a FFXIV job.
>>
>>385683140
BDO is by far. To bad it's the worst one of them.
>>
File: hoppy doggo.webm (761KB, 568x320px) Image search: [Google]
hoppy doggo.webm
761KB, 568x320px
>>385687719
this is acceptable.
>>
O3S is such an awful wall. It's fun, but it's so frustrating to keep just getting to that damn library phase only to see the DPS fall apart
>>
>>385687145
That's not true, though. People didn't bot it nearly to the same degree when there was just Tomestones. It was still pretty popular before 4.0, and that's all there was to it.

PvE experience is what killed it.
>>
Why all the shitflinging between WoW and XIV?

I never subbed for WoW, and I don't want to jump in now that there's so many expansions and I still can't make a character I'd be okay with looking at for hours and hours, but I recognize that it's a game that did a lot of things right. Love it or hate it, WoW changed MMOs forever.

I started playing XIV for shallow reasons but stayed around because the sense of slowly mastering a job while having other options open to me was very appealing. I don't play the game every day any more but I still attempt Savage content (currently stuck on books in O3S), enjoy the story for the most part, and enjoy the slow grind of leveling alt jobs.

Basically WoW isn't a game I'd pay to play but it was successful and massively influential beyond the virtue of being a big Blizzard product. XIV borrows heavily from it (as many other MMOs do) and does just enough differently that I chose to play it instead. Why does everything have to be a dick measuring contest? They're both good games that don't appeal to everyone, but are successful all the same.
>>
>>385687780
It's a land up over but I've never really known good game connections either.
>>
File: stinky birb (2).jpg (140KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stinky birb (2).jpg
140KB, 900x1200px
>>385687719
>mfw that birb got a yellow card for his celebration
>>
>>385687884
>BDO
>comfy
I suppose minimizing it to your tray while doing something else is pretty comfy
>>
File: 1487942965972.png (1MB, 1352x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1487942965972.png
1MB, 1352x1306px
>>385687578
Ai-Chan likes it.
>>
am I supposed to queue for training feasts or ranked? i'm confident in my ability but I don't know of any pvp meta to speak of so I don't wanna fuck other niggas over
>>
>>385688068
Wouldn't have happened if he was a cute bat.
>>
>>385687948
it wasn't popular until the Garo event
>>
>>385687526
Absolutely everything in FF:
Delivers an attack with a potency of X.
Combos into Y.
Additional Effect: Some boring buff.

How fucking exciting.

The mechanics are on the level of Vanilla WoW in terms of rotation.
They're too static and sequential, with everything designed to be used in a very specific way.
WoW moved past that a long time ago and increased ability synergy and interaction.
Of course there are optimal ways to play, but there is much more freedom to innovate.

If you're trying to sell FF, play to its strengths.
Deliver it as a more strategic and paced MMO.
Bring up the storyline, the community, the visuals, or encounter design.

Don't try to pretend it has deeper mechanics or is just as fast, because it's simply not the case. It's just one step away from being ATB.
>>
File: 1495155066653.png (238KB, 394x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495155066653.png
238KB, 394x281px
>>385688041
We aren't so different after all
>>
>>385688153
brushie posting was a beautiful time in 4chan's sordid history
>>
>>385688171
Wrong; it was immensely popular when 3.05 released Seize, because Seize was an actual decent PvP mode that the casual player base liked.

It died when Shatter came out because the general consensus from both the PvP and PvE communities was that the mode was fucking awful and not fun to play.

The Garo event helped revive it, but it's really Shatter that killed Frontlines overall.
>>
>>385687940
How is library a wall? Spread for books, dps dps, get your corners for the circle aoe, murder add, return to boss, keeping as much as a spread-out pattern amongst the party so it's easier to discern who has priority for which side for the second set of book mechanics.
>>
>>385688349
Seize was an unorganized fucking clusterfuck of BLM/SMN spam on top.
>>
>>385688034
People are naturally defensive about the videogames they play. MMO players especially because they are the kind people who will pay 15$ a month to play their game, at least in FFXIV's case.
>>
>more people doing PTs for Warring Triad EXs for Birds and Wondrous Tails than current EX Primals
>as many V4.0S as Susan EX
Fug time to permanently be behind for another two years
>>
>>385688409
The 2nd set of book mechanics can kill anyone with less than 34k hp if unlucky, and the dps requirement is pretty tight too, people just think they can clear it as easily as 1 and 2 without using food and sometimes potions.
>>
>>385688034
literally rabid fanboys from both sides, and the only bothering to fan the flames/reply to those posts are said fanboys.
>>
I'm new to the game should I buy both expansions before starting or am I ok with the base game until I reach level cap?
>>
>>385688469
What? That was Slaughter, not Seize.

Secure was the best mode overall, but Seize at the very least encouraged PvP and strategic positioning.

What you're thinking of was Slaughter, which smushed everyone together in the tiny fucking Heliodrome in the Borderland Ruins that basically turned it into a BLM/SMN cometeor spamfest. It was much harder to do that in Seize because people could actually spread out much more easily and avoid it.

Shatter, by contrast, is a horrible fucking PvP mode. Half of it is spent actively trying to avoid PvP, and the only people that like it are the ones who are too piss scared to engage in any real combat and want to just practice gimped PvE rotations on ice dummies.
>>
>>385686006
Monk burst is faster if you have everything up can basically kill a healer between a gcd
>>
>>385688712
the most recent expansion comes bundled with the first expansion. You'll be fine without them until level cap, but you should get them once you hit it so you don't waste XP
>>
File: 1500382499521.png (513KB, 794x801px) Image search: [Google]
1500382499521.png
513KB, 794x801px
Whats a moderately good server to transfer to? On mateus right now but i dont want to be.
>>
>>385688712
Well you'll be playing the worst part of the game, but there's still a shitton of content to do at level 50 (game was stagnating there for two years after all). You won't really have trouble finding people to do duties and MSQ-required instances thanks to roulettes.

Not all the jobs feel complete at 50 any more so you might feel like you're lacking or incomplete, but you can at least get a sense of whether or not the game is worth more investment. The only caveat being that HW and SB show a huge improvement story and encounter design-wise due to the teams learning from mistakes in ARR and not repeating them.
>>
File: ffxiv_07272017_214310.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07272017_214310.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
Fug.
>>
>>385682945
HW dungeons hit a lot harder than most ARR dungeons. It's just how the design is. As long as you can keep your party alive, you're doing your job well enough.

Don't be afraid to use your oGCD heals like Essential Dignity, or use Benefic II if a decent chunk of a guy's health is missing. Also, regardless of your sect of choice, Aspected Benefic/Helios for those regens or shields is always useful.
>>
>>385688712
buy the base game, play the free trial till 35. SB comes with both expansions. but you won't be getting there for some time. only get it too if you want to play as a lizard
>>
>>385688870
I don't know but take the Balmung refugees with you when you go
>>
>>385688870
Zalera didn't get completely analed by the low-pop bonuses, though it's certainly filled with more undesirables than before. You could try here.
>>
>>385680517
Aion Spiritmaster was just a pet with dots
>>
>>385688712
Free trial till 35, then base game till you start spilling over to 50, then buy SB which has HW included, so you can gain XP and not have it wasted.
Focus on the MSQ first and foremost, job/class quests when you're at intervals of every 5 levels.
>>
>>385688712
Free Trial.
>>
>>385686219
>166
Yeah right.
>>
>>385688961
Thats what im trying to get away from

>>385688971
Hows the raiding? ive pugged it up to O2S. I just want a nice server where i can eventually make a solo fc for buffs
>>
File: 1485962491901.jpg (72KB, 425x675px) Image search: [Google]
1485962491901.jpg
72KB, 425x675px
>>385688924
>A Auri
>>
>>385689171
You're on aether, the raiding is the same you've experienced in the PF as usual.
>>
>>385688961
Gilgamesh is worse than Balmung

I was looking the top 100 played games for frontline on Aether one week which is basically a botter high score board

1/4 of the players were from gilgamesh
>>
>>385688106
Ai likes any mobage trash.
>>
>>385689245
Oh, duh im retarded. But i just dont wanna pay 18 bucks to be stuck there for three days
>>
File: WEW.png (614KB, 853x475px) Image search: [Google]
WEW.png
614KB, 853x475px
>>385689364
She likes it a lot.
>>
>Play blm
>have fun and do well
>have to fight shinryu in trial roulette
>don't want to play blm anymore

God I can't find a class that meshes with me. Blm feels awful in movement heavy fights. I'm basically going to run through the roster and miss my chance to do content before I find something that sticks.
>>
>>385688867
Not guy who asked the question, but are you saying that if I'm level 50, I can continue to get XP for postgame ARR content if I buy SB now?
>>
So if I'm not getting a weapon until 7 Crystalloids I can get pants or chest this week, right?
>>
>>385689465
yes
>>
File: 1395046308240.jpg (659KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
1395046308240.jpg
659KB, 900x660px
>>385686780
>rescue.gif
>>
>>385689448
Play Red Mage- similar damage, doesn't suffer from movement, can raise and pinch heal, also stylish as fuck and brain-dead to play. :^) Will get overnerfed to shit in 4.1 and remain untouched until it's rework in 5.0 to make it more complicated but less effective than it was previously.
>>
>>385689552
I just got started on ARR postgame, thanks for being so based Anon. Buying right now
>>
>>385689448
>Play blm
>have fun and do well
>leave expert roulette or any boss that i know like the back of my hand
>stop having fun
It's such a fucking ridiculous job. You don't have a rotation to memorize, but you end up having MORE to memorize than everyone else combined. And while mistakes are now entirely player side it's still the most punishing dps in the game by far
>>
>>385689448
RDM will probably suit you better. It's like BLM but it's way more fluid in its movement.
>>
File: free transfers from Balmung.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
free transfers from Balmung.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>385688870
I feel so bad for those really low pop servers who got flooded with people too cancerous for Balmung. Like that's the worst possible fate I can think of.
>>
File: ayyyyyyyy.jpg (323KB, 1600x979px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyyy.jpg
323KB, 1600x979px
>>385689789
have fun, anon
>>
>>385689670
If you replace the dog with a GLD and the apple with any AoE marker you have an accurate representation of me learning to tank in this game. To this day I still have a hard time trying to remember which AoEs are done by my team mates and which are "I'll fucking kill you if this ticks on you twice".
>>
>Buckwheat Tea shows up in daily
>easy as FUCK to max quality
>the turnin rewards more gil than the material cost
>can literally level up for F R E E
>2-3 hours to go from 66 to 70
jesus fuck why can't every crafter have an abusable craft like this
>>
>>385689998
Blue = Shadow flare
Brown with a misty dirt = Doton
Red with an effect like Shadowflare = Salted Earth
Any aoe that has a white/transparent effect = Sacred Soil/Asylum
These are friendly aoes.
>>
>>385689998
Enemy AoEs are always orange, your teammates are unmarked. So if you see a bubble of nasty black/purple dome that's your ally since there's no Orange indicator saying "get out of this shit you fucking moron look at how long it's lingering here move you mong".
>>
File: 1497591371507.jpg (297KB, 755x517px) Image search: [Google]
1497591371507.jpg
297KB, 755x517px
>>385688870
Ultros
>>
>>385690071
Loquat jooce is also just as easy, it's not funny. Even though Heavens Lemon is timed, it's still not bad.
>>
>>385690259
Legit came across a female Au Ra with the [M/RP] tag in their search info. Something about being a futa too. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
>>
>>385690259
>mini-Kelly doesn't make a pun
>just explains the joke
low effort, see me after class
>>
>>385688486
Why? Which trials haven't you done?
>>
>>385690982
It took me two days to queue for MSQ Susano. It's been three so far for MSQ Lakshmi. I didn't get to play over the weekend so it might take all week.
>>
File: 64139647_p0.jpg (637KB, 1228x1320px) Image search: [Google]
64139647_p0.jpg
637KB, 1228x1320px
>>385690412
Nothing wrong with erping, you should only avoid the /vg/ crowd, they are sociopaths.
Thread posts: 545
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.