[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the main villain was a party member who turns on you end-game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1421874986819.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1421874986819.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>the main villain was a party member who turns on you end-game
>>
>>385667906
name five (7) games that do(n't) do this
>>
>>385667906
uhm... baten kaitos? final fantasy 8?
>>
I can only think of one that actually does this.

Mega Man X Command Mission

Fucking Redips
>>
>>385669669
Spider was a bro too
>>
>>385667948
>super mario sunshine
>Sonic 2
>Dig Dug
>Harvest Moon
>Spongebob battle for bikini bottom
>Castlevania
>Earthbound
>>
>>385667906
>Vegeta betraying you and going Super Saiyan if you let him survive the Freeza fight in Super Saiya Densetsu
>>
>>385667906
KotOR 2.
>>
>>385670092
>vegeta defeating frieza himself after attaining super saiyan and still losing to goku who doesn't have ss
>>
>>385667906
The closest I can think of is Lance Vance in GTA, which is really pushing the definition of "villain" and "party member". I can't think of an RPG that does this, but I think it would be really cool if there was one, and if the last bosses moveset was somehow informed by the choices you made for that character throughout the game.

Even cooler would be if the ending changes in the New Game Plus so that someone else betrays you (or something different happens in general), thus fucking over people who tried to play the system by neglecting to train/grind/equip the Judas character in their second run.
>>
File: Chopin.jpg (52KB, 375x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chopin.jpg
52KB, 375x600px
>>385667906
>"Lulz, thanks for accompanying me for this whole journey with me bonding with most of you and understanding your problems; now excuse me but i must killl you all so i can miraculously heal from my tuberculosis and wake up in the real world."
>"Btw, sorry for permitting Waltz and Legato destroy the entire world and make it a wasteland, but who cares, it's a dream that loops itself anyway."

Eternal Sonata was weird as fuck.
>>
>>385671943
Game was so fucking awful.
>>
File: 1492393584664.jpg (56KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1492393584664.jpg
56KB, 720x644px
>>385670068
NICE
>>
>>385672525
I enjoyed the art style, music and gameplay ideas, but the plot and the characters were definetly lacking, plus with nothing that can make you understand the size and the scope of the dream world. It's all short and linear and cramped, with everything near to each other and plot points dropped as soon as they enter (Viola being horny for Jazz or those 3 soldiers wanting to start an internal war in Andantino).
Also, Crescendo particularly is seriously one of the stupidiest character i've ever seen in a JRPG.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.