[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about my favourite game killing floor 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: KF2_Capsule_Main.jpg (262KB, 616x353px) Image search: [Google]
KF2_Capsule_Main.jpg
262KB, 616x353px
Can we talk about my favourite game killing floor 2?
>>
>devs promise no bullet sponges, high difficulty adds faster zeds with more moves
>every single wipe is to an HP sponge FP that scales HP to player count

No your game is shit
>>
>>385662439
git gud
>>
>>385662146
i cant play it anymore because the latest """update""" was 30Gb. I dont have that space to spare for a fucking update. thats unnexcusable.
>>
No because the memers on here wouldn't know a good game if it hit them in the face
>>
File: siiiigh.png (15KB, 317x166px) Image search: [Google]
siiiigh.png
15KB, 317x166px
I would play medic if the medic guns were stronger. Running around playing "dart the zerk" is not fun.
>>
>>385662696
>playing medic
spotted the girl/cuck
>>
>>385662747
Not him, but someone HAS to be a medic on the hardest difficulty.
>>
>>385662146
Sure. I recently reached max level for medic and am enjoying commando and support.
I get the feeling I'm going to give it a break and come back for holiday events.
>>
>>385662146
Only fun with friends. And the only class I enjoy is demo.
>>
>>385662747
If no one is medic the game sucks ass
>>
>>385662747
I enjoy playing support in most game. Something about knowing I'm helping keep my team alive is satisfying to me. Second favorite thing to play is whatever the closes thing to a explosive class is. Evolve had my dream character with that one grenade healer girl. To bad it's a garbage game.
>>
>>385662608
Nigga, you having <30g of space available is inexcusable. It's 2017, huge HDDs are cheap and SSDs are affordable.

>>385662146
I'm not sure what there is to talk about. Most of this board has never played KF 1 or 2 and disregards it because of shit memes.

The game is good but TW didn't deliver to the full extent that they promised. No martial artist available and survivalist is kind of a slap in the face.

Gunslinger best class
>>
I've never found a single other person playing hell on earth on ps4. Why are Sony players such shitters?
>>
>>385663171
Me and my friends usually play it. Never takes us that long to find a match.
>>
>>385663061
There is absolutely no excuse for an update to a game being 30Gb. I remember a year or two ago people flipped shit when payday 2 released a <5Gb update to their game.
>>
>Commando is worthless until 20
>Medic still only has 4 guns
>Firebug is almost completely worthless
>SWAT is only good for flashbanging heavy Zeds
>Survivalist exists
Why do I even play this game?
>>
the game lobby system is beyond shit. I try to join with a friend and it puts us in an empty server with 200+ ping for both of us. Without a server browser, the game sucks.
>>
>>385663672
>Without a server browser, the game sucks.
It has a server browser
>>
How did Killing Floor ever get popular? It's always the same game mode over and over again.

At least other zombie games have objectives.
>>
>>385662439
Pretty much this. The "combos" in KF2 are insanely stupid.
>RPG, grenade, two C4
For a single fucking FP. If they wanted demo to be trash, which is fucking obliterates at, they should have other classes be better at big zeds. As it stands, demo is actually better vs scrakes than FPs, and only sharp has reliable kills in chaos vs FPs. This isn't like KF1 where you could set up scrake uppercuts or the like. It's a tradeoff of FPs not just gibbing you in a hit with a ton of health. When KF2 came out I did not like it at all. Now I don't dislike it. I actually kind of like it, but Tripwire keeps making retarded decisions.
>Doesn't like players camping
>makes a system that encourages camping on the few spots of the map that allow for it
Gee, maybe making bullet-sponges that can spawn in doorways right around the corner a second before you get there as well as pre-raged FPs and letting zeds teleport (which is less common but they still do) and having borked aggro systems all contribute to discouraging players moving from place to place.
>>
>>385663821
shit, maybe I need to try it again then. Still, it needs the ability to host your own server like in KF1
>>
>>385663512
lol kden, stay in the early 2000s

>>385663667
>supposed to clear light-medium zeds and track the boss
>correct
>wrong
>about as effective at clearing as commando
>survivalist is poo
>>
File: a tiny bit upset.gif (2MB, 595x253px) Image search: [Google]
a tiny bit upset.gif
2MB, 595x253px
>>385663860
>raged spawns

What the goddamn fuck tripwire
>>
>>385663512
>big numbers scary
nigger get with the times
>>
>>385663971
The AK-12 on burst fire with hollow point rounds has like 300 more dps than the Kriss. Commando is good but a lot of Commandos are shit because they think the most expensive guns are the best without doing any research.

Stoner is garbage even after the buff. SCAR is mediocre even after the buff. AK-12 + Medic AR is the only worthwhile Commando loadout t b h

SWAT is only good for flashbangs
>>
>>385663996
They actually patched the game several times to get them "working as intended" after they either always spawned raged or never did. All the while people wrote out pretty convincing arguments as to why the system is dumb as fuck in the first place.

>>385663667
Firebug being bad is a meme. They are a utility class that has the single best way to get your group out of an area that is overrun and totally fucked. Medic doesn't need more guns either, they need tweaks to how they function in general if you don't want to just be a dart-bitch.
>>
>>385664340
They just need more damage. Though another gun wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>385663971
>>385664108

welcome nu-/v/. enjoy getting shafted by publishers with 60Gb / game.
>>
>>385664654
>He doesn't have AT LEAST a 4 terabyte hdd
Fuckin lol
>>
Did they change the microwave gun?
I feel like it used to be alot easier to start ground fires with it.
>>
>>385664564
Firebugs do not need more damage. I never take the +35% fire damage skill because double fuel tank size is more effective for HoE trash cleaning.

Firebugs are not meant to kill large zeds, they are designated trash cleaners. MWG is shit no matter how you build it and you should only ever run it on the boss wave. Good firebugs switch to Demo or SS for bosses though at least on HoE.
>>
File: 1500336261547.jpg (56KB, 697x478px) Image search: [Google]
1500336261547.jpg
56KB, 697x478px
>mfw you only get to play only in the third world non-premium server

Is it worth trying to upgrade by immigrating my account to a premium server?

At least I was born in a slavshit country so it's not also a timed trial like those latin americans and africans get to play.
>>
>>385663331
What area you in?
>>
>>385664654
woah what a huge game!!! better code makes for smaller files, but the space required for games will only increase.
i guess you live in the woods and have to barter. hard to keep up i guess
>>
>>385663914
There's a detailed guide on how to host your own server on the official tripwire wiki. It takes like 10 minutes to set up and you can customize it however you want.

I have a LAN server constantly running with all my favorite custom maps and stuff for me and my girlfriend to play on.
>>
I have been playing this a lot lately.

I love the RPG mod and large player number maps.
>>
>>385664982
MWG is actually only good vs Pati. Hans takes more damage from the flamethrower. MWG + dual spitfires is a decent choice even on HoE. The problem is you'll run out of ammo if you aren't careful with pati since he heals, but the trick where you hit his legs + the groundfire still does INSANE damage compared to a lot of classes.

Also, the real skill that is important to FB is not the damage boost (which imo is worth it over the tank size assuming you don't just hose everything) but stumble over the range increase. Stumble at close range means you can knock back even FPs if things go south. Firebugs just have a lot of utility in general that people don't appreciate. Shit will walk around and avoid groundfires which means you can manage zeds somewhat. Their niche means early on they do great being the off-perk medic between stuff getting too close, and late game they are area-denial and pushers. People just shit on them because bad players set big zeds on fire and they don't prevent gorefasts from getting a swing in if they are unwilling to hose them. In a good group they have a unique role and perform it pretty damn well.
>>
>>385665432
NA, mid-west
>>
>>385665754
To clarify, I am saying the microwave gun is only good on the boss rounds, but it's still good there. Just don't use the burst shots, laser his legs and use spitfires for trash/hans.
>>
>>385665875
>>385665754
There's no way of knowing which boss you'll get so it's less of a gamble to take the MWG since it is still relatively effective vs Patty.

On HoE I just switch perks on the boss wave though I absolutely hate being a liability. MWG will never come close to RPG-7, Railgun, or Eviserator in terms of raw damage output.

Firebug is great at what it does though. It's by far the best trash cleaner in the game and it really shines on Suicidal and Hell on Earth where there is insane amounts of trash.
>>
>>385662146
How improved is KF2 to the first game? I was thinking of getting the first game since it's cheaper on humble bundle, but I fear it might be dead
>>
>>385666470
Better leveling system, more ease of use for commands.
>>
>>385666281
Actually, I still have to argue that the firebug has some important positives vs boss rounds (though I agree that it doesn't burst quite as well as what you listed). While Hans doesn't take as much damage as Patti, Hans can also be a total fucking spaz and the tic-damage from fire (spitfires and molotovs shine here) can really, really help during his shield phase since you can kite him a lot easier. A minor point, but I figure since we seem to be the only pro-firebug folk I've seen on /v/, I may as well drop some more strats.

Firebug is way better than in 1 where it was god-tier through hard and then became rounds 1-3 starter for the armor and no-aim required start.
>>
>>385665754
>Big zed walks by trash and gets lit and rages
>Knocking shit over because lol perk so headshot perks get fucked
FB was made strictly worse by those two perks
>>
>>385666686
I typically run Flamethrower + trench + single spitfire and then switch to MWG + Caulk & Burn for the boss wave.

I use the flamethrower on all small and med zeds except husks. I use the trench for husks. Spitfire I really only use for picking things off at a distance.

On the boss wave I clear trash with the C&B and assist with damaging the boss with the MWG. If I have enough spare dosh sometimes I'll buy a second MWG and toss it on the ground for when the first inevitability runs out vs the boss.
>>
File: 1481422838039.jpg (3MB, 1200x1877px) Image search: [Google]
1481422838039.jpg
3MB, 1200x1877px
I can't fucking play this game anymore. Can't even get through a 7 wave match without it fucking crashing, no matter how low I set the graphics or what drivers I use. It was goddamn fine on release and up to about a month or two ago.
>>
>>385666614
How active is the first one compared to 2
>>
>>385667661
It's basically dead. Second one is super active and still receiving new updates and has new events and guns added and stuff. There's a new freeze gun coming soon.
>>
>>385667309
You knock shit over at point blank range, which is what helps you get past zeds blocking your way. No other class can do it as consistently as a firebug and it allows you to actually leave a swarmed area if it goes to shit. The spreading fire thing just takes skill of the firebug to be careful with blind areas. Otherwise, if you see a big zed, you turn and take the other area (plus you function as area denial) while the rest of your team handles it. FB isn't worse for either of those, you're just whining about shit players. Bad perks are stuff like battle medic perks which encourage players to be shitters.
>>
>>385662608
I had this problem too. The update is actually only 5GB, it just needs 30GB of free space to download. I have no fucking idea.

>>385667386
Why not just MWG the whole time? Isn't it pretty much a straight upgrade to the flamethrower when you factor in scrake/FP fire resistance in Suicide+?
>>
>>385668447
It's significantly worse for trash cleaning and it does bad damage to scrakes+fps while also panicking them and making it hard for big zed killers to do their job.

Never ever use it outside of the boss wave unless you want to get kicked from the game
>>
File: 1438476995051.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1438476995051.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>pick Firebug
>get all MVPs at the end of the match except healing
>>
File: 1462063754012.jpg (343KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1462063754012.jpg
343KB, 1095x1195px
>>385662146

>feel like playing some KF2

>remember it takes like ten minutes to load up
>>
>>385667661
Still pretty active
>>
>>385668723
Same thing happen to me with demo
>>
>300 hours during EA
>don't feel like ever playing it again no matter what they add
what happened?
>>
>>385668723
>pick berserker
>get most headshots by spamming the katana stab attack + eviserator sawblades when there are like two sharpshooters and a gunslinger in the group
Every time. I play on PC too, why can't people aim?
>>
>>385668898
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that noticed that. Plus I'm pretty sure there's some memory leak in the game right because my computer will get noticeably slower the more I play it whereas I can play other games for as long as I want just fine.
>>
>>385669017
>when there are like two sharpshooters and a gunslinger in the group
To be fair it counts head hits regardless of it it killed an enemy or not, so a SWAT will always be king of the headshots after hosing a few Scrake heads whereas a Sharpshooter is killing everything in one shot so his counter won't go up as much.
>>
>>385663061

>Nigga, you having <30g of space available is inexcusable. It's 2017, huge HDDs are cheap and SSDs are affordable.

That's not even the issue and I share his point. I went from 60gb hard drive space free on my non-windows partition to 11GB free because of all these gargantuan updates on some of these games.
>>
File: 1500710080527.gif (8KB, 104x216px) Image search: [Google]
1500710080527.gif
8KB, 104x216px
>>385668898
>>385669083
Install it on an SSD nigga(s). They game will boot in like 2 seconds.
>>
>>385668898
>>385669083
Time to buy a SSD grandpa
It takes like 30s to enter a match
>>
>>385669002
It's a very different game than it was in early access anon. Give it another try, you may like it.

The perk balance is a lot better. There are still issues with weapon balance for certain perks (like Commando's tier 4 weps being mostly useless compared to the AK-12), but it's getting better as they patch it.

The only glaringly odd thing about it now is the Survivalist perk. It's considered to be absolutely worthless in serious play and often times you'll get kicked from HoE games if you play surv. There's a Survivalist rework patch planned for the xbox 1 that's coming to PC+PS4 at a later date so hopefully that fixes that problem though.
>>
>>385668898
I'm not sure what's up with that but I assume it's pre-loading assets or something?
>>
I don't know what happened after the circus zeds went away, but now I seem to be constantly crashing at wave 7 or so, I can't even complete a game.

Also why did they make medic so fucking shit?
>battle medic perks suck ass and actively make you a detriment to the team
>buff perks barely do anything unless you pepper someone with darts, which - unless you're healing a stationary zerker - means you're not doing your job, they're just there to be filler
>grenades are practically useless compared to 1
>guns look like someone bought the cheapest 'sci fi gun' asset possible off the fucking unity store
anti-fun: the class, especially compared to 1 where you could sit in your grenades and tank a couple FP hits to save your team if they really needed it. Not to mention SMGs in 1 were so much better than the plastic shit in 2.
>>
>>385664847
I do though anon.
I just have 7 TB of anime saved
>>
>>385669375
There is absolutely no reason for an UE3 game, let alone KF2 in particular, to require an SSD. I'll get one once the shortage stops jacking up prices but this is stupid.

>It takes like 30s to enter a match
Not to mention 30s loading times on an SSD is still complete shit so clearly there's a problem with the game and not one's hardware.
>>
>>385669436
Medic grenades are amazing. They stack buffs rapidly on the entire team if the team gets into the grenade (which they should). This works even if they are at full hp.

Also shooting darts at other players even if they are at full hp will buff them. A good medic can carry even the shittiest pub teams by knowing when to buff the right player at the right time.
>>
Is it me or do some of the level 25 skills make certain passives redundant or useless? For example, zed time reload for GS becomes null once you get whirlwind of lead or fanfire.
>>
my friend bought this for fourty dollars at gamestop but didn't bother to get psplus
fucking drug addicts man
>>
>>385669436

>battle medic perks suck ass and actively make you a detriment to the team

The battle medic perks are meant for solo play, not for group play.

>buff perks barely do anything unless you pepper someone with darts, which - unless you're healing a stationary zerker - means you're not doing your job, they're just there to be filler

What? You don't need to spam all into a single person, even at full hp they'll get the buff and you can save someone from taking enough damage to die from an enraged fp or scrake.

>grenades are practically useless compared to 1

They're like the best grenades in the game, being able to group heal and buff everyone as well as damaging enemies.
>>
>>385669697
Yes, the vast majority of skills are obviously one sided where you should never pick the other option. Honestly at this point they might as well up the difficulty and give the perks access to all their skills at once as they level up, would make things more fun.
>>
>>385668898
i bought an ssd literally because of that reason and havent looked back
>>
>>385669905
>>385669692
Oh, didn't know nades also applied the buff, that makes them pretty great. still, the buff themselves, save the damage resistance one, are incredibly lackluster, and the effects are uninspired.
>>
>>385669436
Grenades in general are worse, but medic grenades are still pretty damn good.
>>
>>385670693
Lol what are you talking about? Demo, SWAT and Sharp have excellent grenades, and even the Zerkers are decent.
>>
>>385670485
But the prices are artificially inflated right now. They have been for quite some time, but still I don't want to overpay.

Also if I upgrade to an SSD I might not be able to help overhauling my entire desktop. I already got a new GPU.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.