[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Donkey Kong Country is truly perfect. If you do not get this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Dkc_snes_boxart.jpg (28KB, 378x264px) Image search: [Google]
Dkc_snes_boxart.jpg
28KB, 378x264px
Donkey Kong Country is truly perfect. If you do not get this amazing new generation of Donkey Kong Country madness, you are stupid. Yes, I know it's insulting, but that's also the truth.
>>
you might have a disgusting monkey fetish if you think these games are good. im calling the cops right now
>>
Donkey Kong Country was always a mediocre game and a mediocre series that got by on visual presentation and its soundtrack.
>>
I always thought the camera was too zoomed in. Can't see shit.
>>
File: Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_flyer.png (40KB, 222x289px) Image search: [Google]
Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_flyer.png
40KB, 222x289px
For those of you who saw the Street Fighter movie, you now that Guile's friend, Charlie, turns into Blanka via Bison's genetic experiments.
>>
We have a challenge for Eidos. In Tomb Raider III, create a storyline in which Lara gets breast cancer. Imagine the drama of a vulnerable Lara Croft, still persisting in her worldly adventures despite her illness. It needs fleshing out, no pun intended, but we guarantee the gaming world would be shocked, stunned, and moved at the effort to make Lara's character more meaningful. We love Lara, but it's about time the industry had a big shock for a change.
>>
>>385656427
shut up miyamoto
>>
File: jesus.jpg (171KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
171KB, 600x630px
>>385658474
>>
>>385656427
Donkey Kong Country 2 is such a fucking good game it is still fun to this day. It hasn't aged a bit. I can't say the same for many other classics.
>>
>>385660881
DKC2 wasn't any better than the original DKC.
>>
>>385656258
lol i jump down random pits to 102% the game haha lmao XD
>>
>>385661042
>better music
>better levels
>better atmosphere
>better animals
>real bonus stages

It's league's better.
>>
I can sit down for two hours and beat DKC 1 or 2 and I always have a blast. Its just one of those games
>>
>>385656427
>I couldn't beat the minecart level.
>>
>>385661394
>better music
>better levels
>better atmosphere
>better animals
All of those are equally as mediocre or outright bad as DKC1.

>real bonus stages
The bonus stages have always been one of the worst things about the DKC series.
>>
>>385661754
To say any of the DKC music is bad is just simply bad taste. The entire series had some of the most iconic music on it's respective system.
>>
File: ape escape.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ape escape.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I agree
>>
>>385661394
The Bonus Stages in DKC2 feel more like challenge levels rather than bonus were you could earn bananas and lives.
Also DKC2 has way more gimmicky levels compared to the first one.
Music and atmosphere is more of a personal opinion, I prefer the more nature ambience and music of DKC compared to the darker and adventurous tone of dkc2.
>>
>>385662582
>The entire series had some of the most iconic music on it's respective system.
Not really. Super Mario World, Final Fantasy IV and VI, F-Zero, Link to the Past, Mega Man X, Star Fox, SimCity, Pilotwings, Super Mario Kart, and Super Metroid all had more iconic soundtracks than DKC.

The only thing I will give DKC credit for is that they're marginally more fun games to play than Yoshi's Island, but there are still dozens of SNES games ahead of them I'd rather play.
>>
>>385663101
>>385662979
Well y'all are entitled to your opinions but there is a reason the series got left to one of Nintendo's greatest studios and continue to be one of Nintendo's best sellers.
>>
>>385664292
>there is a reason the series got left to one of Nintendo's greatest studios
A studio that hasn't made a good game since Metroid Prime 2, 13 years ago.

>and continue to be one of Nintendo's best sellers.
Neither DKCR game is even listed on Nintendo's financial information pages. The lowest-selling Wii game Nintendo lists is Wii Party at 9.28 million units. DKCR sold less than that. The lowest-selling Wii U game Nintendo lists is Mario Party 10 at 2.11 million units. DKCR:TF sold less than that. DKCR3D sold less than Luigi's Mansion: DD's 5.38 million copies. Your claim that the series continue to be one of Nintendo's best-sellers is false.
>>
>>385665396

What second or third parties does Nintendo list on that? None? Shocker.

Is that your evidence? You are an honest clown.
>>
>>385665663
>What second or third parties does Nintendo list on that? None? Shocker.
Nintendo lists Pokemon games, which are developed by Game Freak and Creatures Inc. Game Freak and Creatures Inc. are not first-party nor second-party developers.

Is it Nintendo's fault that most 3rd party developers cannot make games that actually sell?

DKCR has sold 6.53 million copies. That's below Wii Party (2nd party) as stated previously. It's below Mario Party 8 (3rd party), Super Mario Galaxy 2, Twilight Princess, and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games (3rd party).

DKCR3D has sold 1.52 million copies. That's below LM:DD (1st and 3rd party) as stated previously. It's also below OoT3D (1st and 3rd party), MH:G (3rd party), MH4 (3rd party), MH4U (3rd party), Nintendogs + Cats, Yo-Kai Watch 2 (3rd party), MH3U (3rd party), Sticker Star (1st and 3rd party), Yo-Kai Watch (3rd party), and numerous other games.
>>
>>385665663
>>385666732
DKCR:TF has sold fewer than 1 million copies. That's below Wii Party U (1st and 2nd party), Woolly World (3rd party), BotW, Hyrule Warriors (3rd party), and Pokken Tournament (3rd party).
>>
>>385667004
It's sold 1.63million. Quit lying.
>>
>>385668202
Provide a source. VGChartz is not a reputable source.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-30+at+04.52.31).png (27KB, 618x575px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-30+at+04.52.31).png
27KB, 618x575px
>>385667004
>>385668202
>>385668870
you're both wrong according to vgsales wiki
>>
>>385668870
I'm just using the same source as those listed above. Nothing is a "reputable" source unless it's directly from Nintendo's website.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.