[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the definitive version of SotN?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: castlevsotnCaseF.jpg (155KB, 885x879px) Image search: [Google]
castlevsotnCaseF.jpg
155KB, 885x879px
What is the definitive version of SotN?
>>
I don't know.
>>
I liked the verison in Dracula X Chronicles the one on the psp though I am pretty sure that was just a port of the playstation version. It was just good to have it portable without worrying about emulation issues the only thing was you had to unlock it
>>
>>385650823
playstation, don't let /vr/ tell you Saturn is better.
>>
>>385650823
playstation for purest. XBox 360 arcade version is almost the same except the FMV cutscenes are cut and the credits song is different. psp dracula x chronicles has new voice acting. idk what saturn is like.
>>
>>385650823
The PSP version, as >>385651131 says, is great.
The only problems it has is that you have to unlock it through getting to a certain point in Rondo of blood, and that the old voice acting has been replaced, which is probably the worst offender here
>>
For aesthetic - PS1 original USA release, for speedrunning - Xbox 360 port. Avoid Saturn port, I'd not recommend the PSP version.
>>
It's actually the XBLA version, lowest load times by far and least amount of lag.

Sure, no Maria, but who even gives a shit? Maria is literally anti-fun in the Drac X version, and the new dub is no fun allowed.
>>
>>385650823
PS1
>>
There's not a definitive version of SotN since they all have their good/bad points.
Closest I'd say would be the PSP version. I'm not keen on the new dub, but having the extra familiars added back in and a version of Maria that plays better than the Saturn version makes up for it.
>>
Is this a Castlevania thread or a SotN thread?
>>
>>385650823
Aria of Sorrow
>>
You're all wrong.
Definitive version is the psx patched with the Insane Difficulty patch.
It makes the challenge go from Piss easy to Prepare to Die.
>>
XBLA or PSP depending on what you want out of it.
>>
>>385654989
>Not just playing luck mode
>>
File: whip it good.png (25KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
whip it good.png
25KB, 480x320px
I don't think whips work like this.
>>
You can't go wrong with the PS1 version.
>>385651131
>>385655094
The PSP version is alright, there's some new things but it also has new dubbing and you have to play another game to unlock it.
>>
>>385655307
>You can't go wrong with the PS1 version.
XBLA is the same thing but it runs better, there's not much reason to stick with the PSX version anymore.
>and you have to play another game to unlock it.
It's not a bad game at all, though.
>>
>>385655294
It's consecrated, that's why just touching it hurts them.
>>
>>385655307
>you have to play another game to unlock it.
You have to play like 2 or 3 stages.
>>
>>385650823
I recommend the unofficial translation patch of the PS version.
>>
>>385656190
2 and a half. Though getting to stage 3' is some trial and error bullshit.
>>
>>385655294
>harmony of dissonance
why would you do this to yourself
>knife
>low hp
why do you suck so much
>>
Is castlevania lament of torment worth a playthrough? It is one of the only ones I haven't played and never hear anything about it
>>
File: confused gyaru.gif (70KB, 296x335px) Image search: [Google]
confused gyaru.gif
70KB, 296x335px
>>385656470
>lament of torment
>>
>>385656470
Fuck me I meant lament of innocence
>>
PSP version for original japanese VA and english subs, and extra content missing from the english PS1/XBLA versions.
>>
>>385656567
Isn't the psp stretched out to 16:9?
>>
>Prefix of Suffix
>>
>>385656724

You can disable the stretching but that still leaves you with the Saturn-style mangled 320x207 picture. It's quite hard to render SotN and earlier 2D games accurately because of nonsquare pixels.
>>
>>385656560
I don't blame you since SotN started the trend of naming CV games as generically as possible. Especially towards the end

>Harmony of Despair
>Harmony of Dissonance

fuck off Konami
>>
>>385656560
It's the best 3D Castlevania but it still suffers from being too combat-focused like all the other 3D Castlevanias.
>>
>>385656560
It is ok, nothing spectacular.

I really liked the combat system but the camera is really bad in some places.
>>
>>385656724
>>385656842
It's not stretched at all, the game doesn't let you stretch it horizontally, only switch between the small display mode and the increased size display mode. Also it doesn't let you use the Japanese voices for SotN, only for the DXC game mode.
>>
>>385656890
>>Harmony of Despair
That was just because they wanted an acronym that made HD. Though Harmony was still a lazy choice.
>>
>>385656560
It's an okay game. Gameplay is sort of like a watered down DMC with a whip. Level design is fairly disappointing for making poor use of the extra dimension they had to work with, the map is almost entirely flat, and the jumping is so stiff that you wouldn't really want there to be much vertical exploration anyway. That said, the area maps themselves aren't too bad for being mostly flat, and each area looks nice. The music is great and the atmosphere is nice, so at least it did that well. Personally I liked it overall, but I wouldn't rank it anywhere near most of the 2D games, so take that as you will.
>>
>>385657336
oh yeah, the music is fucking amazing. I would play it at least once just for the music.
>>
Why do some Belmonts get two games, while others get only one, or even none in the case of Julius?
Heck, even a couple non-Belmonts got two games, Alucard and Soma.
>Trevor arguably has two games
>Simon has two games (not counting remakes)
>Christopher has two games
>Richter has two games (not counting remakes)
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.