[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fossil fighters thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0938.png (204KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0938.png
204KB, 320x288px
Fossil fighters thread
>>
Okay.
>>
this sure is
>>
I pirated the 3ds one ages ago but never got around to playing it. Does it suck like everyone on gamefaqs says it does? Seems like there's no information on it at all.
>>
>>385650808
Just play the real thing
https://youtu.be/_aF-HtQ_BcU
>>
>>385650808
Looks fun.
>>
>>385652159
Never played anything but the original and it's good shit
I wouldn't listen to gamefaqs only though, look at some actual reviews as well
>>
>>385650808
It's shit
>>
The 3DS game is apparently rancid shit and plays nothing like the previous games.

F
>>
the 3ds version has big flaws over the DS games:
1. All movement on the overworlds are done by buggy
2. Can be attacked while digging up fossils causing you to lose the fossil
3. You can only bring one dino with you to a fight and rely on 2 ally AI when the other games had the formation stuff and control over 3 dinos at once
>>
>>385650808
>Fossil Fighters
>elements are red, yellow, green, and blue
>red > yellow > green > blue > red
>makes sense, easy to follow

>Fossil Fighters Frontier
>decide to change it around
>still don't remember exactly how it worked without looking it up
It doesn't even make sense. Fire now beats air? Ground beats water?

>>385652159
>Does it suck like everyone on gamefaqs says it does?
Yes.

To put it into perspective: you have three characters, with three dinosaurs in every fight. But unless you are playing the game local multiplayer, the computer AI has full control of two of those dinosaurs. And given that the fights work off a team-based strategy (you gain "FP" each turn and spend them on attacks, and can build up between turns) all of that strategy might as well go into the gutter, since you can't stock FP or really do anything when the AI gets two turns to your one.
>>
>>385655302
>It doesn't even make sense. Fire now beats air? Ground beats water?

I played a game series where it was Fire > Air > Earth > Water > Fire

and then the end of the game threw everything out the window because everything was non elemental
>>
is there a chance to get a new game after the 3DS fiasco?
>>
File: 1501201890225.jpg (141KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501201890225.jpg
141KB, 768x1024px
ive considered picking up the original,

worth it or shovelware?
>>
Post waifus
>>
>>385658551
it's okay
>>
File: Fossil Fighters Pauleen.png (89KB, 272x373px) Image search: [Google]
Fossil Fighters Pauleen.png
89KB, 272x373px
>>385658551
It's pretty good if you are looking for a not-Pokemon game. It's self contained, so no trading between versions to get all the dinosaurs. Dinosaurs have pre-determined stats, though, so you're just getting "the" Spino rather than one with different stats as with Pokemon. Battling is fun, though.

The second game, Fossil Fighters Champions, let's you have multiple copies of each dino and can incorporate buffs to different stats, as you like. On the other hand, there are now two new classes of fossils which the game forces you to clean yourself (large and two-sided) rather than that only being dark fossils, and so cleaning can become tedious.

>>385658580
Okay.
>>
File: IMG_0940.jpg (84KB, 453x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0940.jpg
84KB, 453x432px
>>385658580
Only acceptable answer
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.