[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one make comfy buildan games anymore? This genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Why does no one make comfy buildan games anymore? This genre has been stagnant for way too long.
>>
>>385649757

Cities Skyline
Banished

And these are just from the top of my mind

I do think that Anno should never have went futuristic and just stuck with renaissance or pirates
>>
Because there objective is mundane and boring and has no real audience at all whatsoever compared to the bigger majority who wants to play something ore engaging. You can deny it all you want and convince yourself that these games are the highest quality fun and excitement but we both know that's a lie. And I don't even mind these games, I think they serve their purpose.

For every 1 person who likes these games, theres 20 people who like something vastly more simple, straight forward, and easy with more engagement.

Just the way it is. You better get used to it honestly. You lost Sim City, that didn't help really.
>>
File: Anno-2070-Screenshot.jpg (165KB, 922x691px) Image search: [Google]
Anno-2070-Screenshot.jpg
165KB, 922x691px
>>385651271
those games are ancient at this point and not even very good.
>>
>>385651921
Cities Skylines isn't good? It's basically Autism: The City-Building Game.

It find the freedom too much, my brain is shit. I prefer strictly limited grids like SC2K.
>>
>>385652125
Skylines is really easy to figure out once you've played it for a few hours, once you map down the roads and intersections and get a rough layout going it becomes stupidly easy. The hardest part is restricting yourself at the start and not over-expanding.
>>
>>385649757
I would like city builders if there were more that let me defend my city from invaders and such
>>
>>385652936
this, I would love to play a city builder that lets you kill barbarians at your gates as a side activity to do in between building comfy city centres and stuff.
>>
>>385649757
>>385652936
Kingdoms & Castles is comfy as fuck and does have a defense aspect since you're constantly invaded by viking armies.

Unfortunately it doesn't have enough content which pretty much kills replayability.
>>
File: 1486657670182.png (331KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
1486657670182.png
331KB, 600x431px
>>385651271
Banished has so little content it's boring as shit if played longer than 2 hours.
>>
>>385649757
Same reason RTS stagnated. Graphics improved but AI remained braindead requiring the player to constantly hand hold. Instead they just threw more and more mechanics into the genre which only pleased competitive PVP while the comfy single-player crowd just moved on.

Strategic building games for the past few years have tried to attract the micro-loving crowd, and the types that enjoyed something like SimCity for the guiding-hand aspect either lost interest because EA or moved on to the Sims.
>>
>>385654112
>city building games
>competetive PvP
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.