[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loot Boxes/crates in online games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

What are you guys's Thoughts about the fad of loot boxes for developers to squeeze money out of kids with more money than skill?
>>
Stopped playing Overwatch when they added the time limited loot boxes and costumes you can't buy with money. Regretted ever spending money on it. With Jews, you lose.
>>
>>385647870
Jeff "My wife's daughter" Kaplan
>>
>>385647765
I have had amazon prime forever and the fact they give you free shit and lootbixes for overwatch and soon hots or hearthstone is pretty cool. Had to make a twitch prime but i never use that shit cause why the fuck do i need to watch some other faggot play the games i do?
>>
I don't mind them as long as they're free.
>>
>>385647765
"Crates" that you are "given" that require a paid-for "key" to open them are probably the greatest scam on gamers ever pulled. And it was executed flawlessly and with such enthusiasm is spilled over into the real world, where the "crates" are cardboard boxed filled with useless (cardboard) shit no one would or should want.

It's a remarkable thing to see a family of four, living hand to mouth, gleefully talking about their Lootcrate of the month on Facebook.
>>
>>385647765
It's a lame way to make money, it appeals to the compulsory drives in weak minded people to gamble and their dependancy on virtual items to get real world satisfaction.

But people keep dropping money on it, and no one seems to be complaining enough about it. And once they complain enough all they do is tweak the rates and say "they listen to the community", yeah but what about the 2 billions boxes already opened with shit rates? well though luck, thanks for playing and keep buying boxes for our new event where everything is a legendary!
>>
>>385647765
If it only affects cosmetics I have zero issue with it.
>>
I think it's a clever business model
>>
File: 300px-Radiant_Chest.png (85KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Radiant_Chest.png
85KB, 300x300px
>>385649226
>>385649027
>>385648972
If there was something you would change about a games way with the loot boxes how would you?
>>
>>385649327
If Overwatch kept its base system while they added new costumes and didn't have time-limited costumes or any bullshit like that, I would have kept with it.
>>
Also when a game in early access does it, is it ok or even remotely acceptable?
>>
I don’t care what people spend their money on so long as it’s cosmetic
>>
>>385649327
It depends entirely on the game and how meaningful are the rewards.

I think lootboxes in HotS are pretty fair, because they have a ton of rewards, and you get them pretty often. They basically multiplied their loot pool by splitting skin recolors, so it's very often that you'll get a legendary skin but it's only a recolor, and sometimes you get heroes for free which are super expensive to get with gold. If the game wasn't so boring and repetitive I'd probably still play it just because I like hoarding shit and getting lootboxes.

In OW I don't know exactly, the new rate system might be better, but I have no tried it, and don't really feel motivated to try it after being jewed so much with 80-120 boxes per event and not getting anywhere near the results I expected.

I just can't help but feel like I'm a retard giving in into gacha bullshit rather than just buying something I like. Sure some people like the excitement of opening boosters, but in card games it was always easier and less soul crushing to just buy the cards you wanted right away, and obviously boosters were filled with crap nobody wanted, but you could always trade it to some idiot.

I guess the only solution is to have enough meaningful rewards, and decent rates of acquisition, and don't make them limited. But if you make them limited and have shit rates you'll sell more but you'll burn your audience faster. And then you'll have to pretend you fixed the system so they come back and spend money like retards again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.