[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 13

File: 1475911253mafia3.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1475911253mafia3.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
Apologise.
>>
>>385638521
apologise for what fucking cuck, the game fucking sucks dick
>>
>>385638672
You tell 'em, Anon.
>>
>>385638672
fpbp
>>
>>385638672
>>>/pol/
>>
>>385638672
fpbp
2>1>3
>>
File: 1501144636852.png (1MB, 1080x1288px) Image search: [Google]
1501144636852.png
1MB, 1080x1288px
>>385640410
>2>1
>>
>>385638521
It was so bad it's the only GTA style open world game I didn't complete
>>
>>385640410
>2>1
Come on.
>>
>>385640410
this but unironicallty
>>
File: black jack 2.jpg (59KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
black jack 2.jpg
59KB, 200x200px
>>385638521
The game is actually pretty good apart from the pacing issues in the middle of the game.

The storytelling really shines. The only game on par with it in 2016 was Uncharted 4 when it comes to that.
>>
>>385640482
2 had really great atmosphere (the winter segment was cozy as fuck) and didn't have that godawful racing mission
>>
>>385640719
This post is wrong except for the criticism part
>>
File: 1475558091617.png (104KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1475558091617.png
104KB, 600x601px
>>385640719
>>
>>385639026
>>4chan
>>
>>385640843
>>385640885
It must be difficult not having an opinion of your own but instead taking the word of the people on /v/ (that haven't even played the game) as gospel.

Hopefully you don't think the game pushes some SJW agenda or something at least, like /v/ had some people believe for a while.

If you want to come with unbiased criticism to try and prove that the game is trash, then by all means.
For example, do you not agree that the storytelling aspect is strong? If so, elaborate on why.
>>
>>385641309
It's fucking trash dude. The story was passable at best, and the cookie cutter 'complete these three miniquests to unlock this cookie cutter boss fight' ABC tier bullshit repitition made me want to blow my brains out. I don't know how anyone could feel it was anything but bad
>>
>>385641309
Nu-male cuck spotted
>>
File: 1479842651100s.jpg (3KB, 93x125px) Image search: [Google]
1479842651100s.jpg
3KB, 93x125px
>released 2016
>graphical quality from 2001
>wife beaters
>guns
>shitty old cars

1/10
>>
>>385640496
Fucking this. I'm a sucker for GTA ripoffs, but this was just awful.
>>
>>385641309
It isn't a good game. from what I played it was just "Oh do the small tasks to unlock the big thing"
it was annoying and I just didn't find it all that fun.
>>
>>385641540
>>385641557
All you're doing is proving me correct.

If people have trouble coming with legit criticism and are able to go into detail on what was good and bad about it then frankly they shouldn't even bother to type because they right there admit to being heavily biased, ignorant and close-minded.

Do I think Mafia 3 is a fantastic game? No. Do I think it's the trash that the people on /v/ (that haven't even played the game) keep going on about? Nope.

Really, the only counters /v/ ever comes with is shitposts.
>>
>>385641886
>All you're doing is proving me correct.
and reddit spacing its clear what you fag go back
>>
>>385641886
I gave you real criticisms. The lack of variety in missions and absolutely railroading you into ABC paths of boring fetchquest tier shit killed any enjoyment. And that's not even touching on the technical aspect. I've never seen a more buggy GTA clone in my fucking life. But you're a troll anyways so suck my dick
>>
>>385641557
Pro-tip, if your argument for why a game is bad is that you're a numale cuck if you like it, then you're basically admitting that you succumbed to peer pressure from /v/.
>>
>>385641990
You have problably been more to reddit than I have, especially considering how knowledgeable you seem to be about the users there. Personally I never go there unless I stumble across it during a google search while looking for an answer.

In any case, you respond with logical fallacies, which as I said just further proves that I'm right and you're wrong. Maybe stop being so close minded and be more open to changing your ideas. It's the mature thing to do.
>>
>>385641856
>It's ok when Just Cause 2, 3 and Saints Row 1, 2 does it
>>
>>385638672
This
>>
>>385642353
It isn't okay. I didn't like it when they did it either.
>>
>>385641309

>hopefully don't think it pushes an sjw agenda

Even before the game begins, there is a message from the devs saying how america has to review their horribly racist past

That is the epitome of agenda pushing, come the fuck on.
>>
>>385642512
DELET THIS
/v/ is a hive mind that loves Saints Row and Just Cause
>>
>>385642056
I already stated that the midpoint pacing issues was the game's biggest problem, but that is alleviated by not doing side shit and focusing on the story content. Even so that isn't a big enough problem to warrant calling the game shit.
Also I can't really comment on the buggy aspect since I didn't run into too many bugs, but those bugs are fixed now and thus that is the state in which the game should be judged on. Otherwise many games /v/ praise should be deemed as shit as well (like Witcher 3 for example).

But it's obvious I'm not talking to a reasonable and mature person since you label someone that doesn't share your ideas and views as a "troll". Since you're obviusly never wrong about anything and anyone that disagrees is just trolling.

Also you only focused on the negative aspect, not the game as a whole, which once again proves your bias.
Like you don't even touch on the storytelling aspect as being strong and ignore it entirely. Is it because you don't want to agree despite knowing that it is indeed correct?
>>
>>385642645
>Like you don't even touch on the storytelling aspect as being strong and ignore it entirely
>caring about story in videogames
Go kill yourself. You are the type of cancer that is turning video games into glorified FMV shit from the 90s. Little gameplay, little depth, except shit is in realtime with "realistic" graphics.
>>
>>385642645
it doesnt matter if you think the game is not shit, it bombed and it killed any probabilty of Mafia IV being a thing in the future.

also compared to 2 and specially 1 its a big pile of dung, hell even the fucking The Darkness games do the "Mafia" theme better than this one.

also WE
>>
>>385642619
They always annoyed me. I hate games holding content behind shitey mini games.
>>
>>385642573
>Even before the game begins, there is a message from the devs saying how america has to review their horribly racist past
>That is the epitome of agenda pushing, come the fuck on.

Is that what you go out of the message (see pic)? You're twisting the message to fit your own narrative.
What they're saying is
>it's a fictional story
>they wanted it to feel authentic
>to avoid people thinking that they endorse racism and similar stuff, they state that they don't support it
>they think that trying to hide or ignore the past is wrong
I don't see any problems with any of this.

I think authenticity and avoiding censorship is important. For example I like that Wolfenstein uses things like swastika, but I don't like CoD avoiding to use it.
I also don't think that trying to ignore the past is healthy.
Do you disagree with this?
>>
>>385641990

> claiming your opponent is from reddit

Sure sign that you lost the argument.
>>
I liked the story/characters, but I agree with >>385641540
Fuck I couldn't tell if the dialogue was poking fun at it some times. Loved the music choice though especially during the shootouts/driving parts where it would kick up
>get to new district
>Clay says some shit like "let me guess I have to put the squeeze on his guys to draw X person out then take care of him"
>repeat until you beat the game
>>
>>385643165
not including the message wouldve been 100% more impactful desu, this just screams "WE ARE PROGRESSIVE, PLEASE DONT HATE US", and it completely backired.

as you said in your post, they shouldve gone the Wolfenstein route and just do what they do in the game without putting a letter in the start of the game saying "This is a fictional world, we make you kill nazis but remember, killing is bad!"
>>
Game's got a great story and the gameplay's enjoyable as fuck, if not a little repetitive. Try not swallowing the opinions of others for once in your life.
>>
>>385642972
>>caring about story in videogames
>Go kill yourself

It's honestly sad that you let /v/ shape how you think and act so much. These comments and ideas are not even your own.
Oh well, if that's how you want to live your life.

>>385642978
>it doesnt matter if you think the game is not shit, it bombed and it killed any probabilty of Mafia IV being a thing in the future.

So? I judge the game based on what it is. Part of what "killed" Mafia 3 (and indirectly 4) was ignorant people like the ones on /v/. Most likely you were one of them.
Also you're falling back on logical fallacies, which is honestly boring. Like you just fall back on calling the game shit over and over, without any substance. This just further and further pushes the idea that you didn't even play the game and don't even know what you're talking about.Just another mindless /v/ sheep. Oh well.
>>
>tfw look exactly like lincoln, /fit/ body and everything.
>even have the same jacket
>>
>>385643526
Don't bother, dude. They aren't capable of forming genuine opinions. If the majority here say something is trash, then it's trash. It's obvious that the majority here didn't play the game for more than five minutes. Just state your opinion and close the thread. You're wasting your time.
>>
>>385643509
>not including the message wouldve been 100% more impactful desu

It's borderline mandatory unless you want your ass on fire. There's a reason many games, movies, books and so on preface with text like that. Even ones without themes like racism.
>>
>>385642573
Acknowledging the realities of the past is the opposite of pushing an agenda. They´re just kindly letting you know in advance in case you have a revisionist agenda yourself.
>>
>>385643626
That's pretty cool. He's ripped as fuck.
>>
>>385643526
>Being this mad.
its ok, your shitty game wont be loved or remembered anyway, you dont need to cry, everythings going to be ok. i was like you when it came out, i wanted to believe it wasnt shit, Mafia 2 was so good, but this was so fucking bad... thankfully i could refund the game for full price onthe store where i bought the game
>>
>>385643783
>It's borderline mandatory unless you want your ass on fire.
yet the game bombed with it, and it got a lot of flack.
>>
>>385643526
>you let /v/ shape how you think and act so much. These comments and ideas are not even your own.
>anybody who disagrees with me follows a hivemind
LMFAO, you make gobblegaters look rational.
>>
A bit spoilery (about 1-2 hours into the game), but are you people really telling me that this isn't really well done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ah6yrGOz-Q
>>
>>385643998
the story is 9/10 i agree.
but if i wanted to see a movie, i would go to the theater and see one, the gameplay is just GTA V lite with horrible pacing.
>>
>>385643526
you need to stop. People shitposting about race shit on /v/ didn't kill your mafia series, its inability to sell enough to warrant a sequel did.
>>
>>385642645
The storytelling was one of the game's weak point because it was told in a documentary style without the protagonist. I couldn't suspend my disbelief that Lincoln was an oppressed person of color because the narrative also paints him as an experienced soldier who single highhandedly destroyed the Marcano family with brutality and cunning to match.
>>
>>385643963
Ironic since gamergate was a fatal overdose of taking /v/'s opinions too seriously in the first place.
>>
File: LAUGH.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGH.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>385644372
let me guess, you think Mass Effect Andromeda is the pinacle of Third Person Shooters.
>>
>>385644283
Mafia 3 actually sold pretty well IIRC. Not that you'd know from listening to /v/. If you didn't know any better you'd probably think no one played CoD either, since no one on /v/ ever talks about it.
>>
>>385643998
It wasn't well done because the player knew that Sal was going to betray Lincoln way before the cut scene.
>>
>>385644552
I haven't played it. But you're not exactly helping your case here.
>>
>>385643998
>generic as fuck betrayal moment, generic scene
>but it has "Paint it Black" in the background
Onky reason it is "well done" is because it has been done so many fucking times in film, games etc. before that it is impossible to fuck it up.
also
>spoil
The fucking trailers/promotional material for the game spoil that scene
>>
>>385644631
Then why are you on here crying that /v/ killed it?
>>
>>385644859
I'm not.
>>
>>385645043
Yes you are.
>>
>>385643828
Why do you even bother typing if none of it is your own thoughts? You're just a parrot.

>>385643941
Are you saying they shouldn't have had it because you don't understand the result of what could happen if they didn't?

>and it got a lot of flack

Yeah, a lot of it stemming from ignorance. To this day /v/ thinks that it was pushing some SJW or white guilt agenda, even though it wasn't true at all.
Now I'm not saying that the game deserved great success, but if it failed because of that kind of ignorance then that's honestly a bad sign for this industry.

>>385643963
>>anybody who disagrees with me follows a hivemind

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm trying to discuss what exactly was good or bad about the game. You know actually discussing games?
But what am I met by? Shitposts like yours where people just backpedal and fall back on the same things, just calling the game shit while avoiding any elaboration.

If you had played the game and if you actually knew what you were talking about then it should be easy to discuss in detail what the game did well and what it didn't do well. So why is it so hard to do something so simple? Obviously because you can't. You instead just parrot whatever shitposts you read on /v/ about the game, taking shitposts as gospel and not forming your own idea on the game.
That's what being close minded is.

Now if you're happy being close minded, then don't let me stop you. Never challenge your ideas. God forbid you ever being wrong about something.
>>
>>385644639
You really don't have a solid understanding of storytelling in media. You think a scene is bad because the viewer knew something was gonna happen?

>>385644725
I see you're determined to not have an open mind. Why donät you post some games with better scenes.
>>
>>385639026
>le /pol/ boogeyman
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (34KB, 271x127px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
34KB, 271x127px
>>385645210
Okay lets discuss the game. I felt like the whole Saints Row do the activities really hurt the game and padded it out to the point it felt like a slog. I wanted to like Mafia with that, the shooting and the driving I just couldn't throw myself into it.

The story was pretty good from what I seen and I like the idea of the documentary style for some reason. idk why
>>
>>385645210
>Now I'm not saying that the game deserved great success, but if it failed because of that kind of ignorance then that's honestly a bad sign for this industry.

>"now I'm not saying a bad game is a bad product that hurts the industry "

>"now I'm not saying that video game companies eat shit for money"

>"honestly a bad sign for this industry"

>if you actually knew what you were talking about

Please elucidate on how Mafia 3 was worth taking the time to consider in the store with a shit art cover and shit everything when video games are actually better when they're not complete shit.
>>
>>385645130
If you say so, friend. But for all I know you are.
>>
>>385638521
no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixlszwKVVP0
>>
File: drop the bass.png (191KB, 438x356px) Image search: [Google]
drop the bass.png
191KB, 438x356px
that fucking cover art is god awful

0/10
>>
>>385644859
>Then why are you on here crying that /v/ killed it?

I think you're referring to me and where exactly am I crying? You're not even reading here. Are you really this delusional?

I've said I don't care if it flopped, but I am saying that the game isn't some megaturd like some of /v/ seems to think (despite not even having touched the game or knowing much about it at all).

Heck I'm fine with you thinking that the game is shit, but at least (for your own sake) back it up with some solid arguments and reasoning while taking in the whole game.
Or don't, it's not my problem if you want to parrot and be close minded.

Either way I said my piece, the ignorant shitposters with 0 arguments that are doing their best to avoid discussing the game in greater detail were the ones that told me I was wrong. I simply responded and they buckled.
>>
>>385645724
>hey, lets how all the things mafia 2 has that mafia 3 doesn't, hey look, you can turn on the shower for no reason!
>but lets not show what mafia 3 has that mafia 2 doesn't, like actual freedom, non linear gameplay, and actual original story thats not just goodfellas, and actual interesting and useful mechanics
great video, faggot
>>
>>385645460
I'm saying that the scene was bad because the betrayal was too transparent.
>>
>>385645596
>Okay lets discuss the game. I felt like the whole Saints Row do the activities really hurt the game and padded it out to the point it felt like a slog

I have alredy repeatedly touched on the pacing issues during the midgame. I see no reason to repeat myself.

The point I'm making is that the game isn't shit.It's a solid 7 (maybe 7.5) with some pacing issues.

>>385645657
>Please elucidate on how Mafia 3 was worth taking the time to consider in the store with a shit art cover

Are you seriously telling me that a game deserves to fail based on the cover? You're seriously telling me to judge a book by its cover? You're seriously telling people to be shallow?

>shit everything

You're not even trying to be objective here. You're extremely biased to the point where it's honestly a waste of time even trying to reason with you.

The point I made quite clearly was that if a game flops because people accuse a game of being something it is not based entirely on ignorant assumptions then yes that is indeed a problem. Do you disagree? If so you're frankly insane.
A game should fail or succeed on its own merits, not because a horde of people "thinks" that Dark Souls is a sexist puzzle game with too many long cutscenes.
>>
>>385646053
you can roam around the world even if you have a waypoint Mafia II's world has a lot more detail even if there's no repetitive gang turf missions and the story for Mafia 3 is a subpar wannabe Tarantino revenge story with a boring protagonist
>>
>>385646485
>I'm saying that the scene was bad because the betrayal was too transparent.

But that has nothing to do with the scene at all and the game didn't treat that even like some big twist.
The characters not seeing it is entirely different from the viewer not seeing it.

It was a well directed and acted scene, way above what most games have.
>>
>>385643941
The game bombed because it was a bad buggy game.
>>
>>385638672
>meme taste
>uriconically saying cuck

So everyone who hates this game is a retard like that
>>
>>385646485
It's the beginning of the game, it's not supposed to be a massive tweest.
>>
>>385646489
>Are you seriously telling me that a game deserves to fail based on the cover? You're seriously telling me to judge a book by its cover? You're seriously telling people to be shallow?
IM SERIOUS
>>
>>385646489
>Are you seriously telling me that a game deserves to fail based on the cover?
Yes

Yes

Yes

to all of those things because it's supposed to look GOOD

shit is not good

you should know that by now you're not an underage b& yet

>You're not even trying to be objective here. You're extremely biased to the point where it's honestly a waste of time even trying to reason with you.

I have good taste. I know what shit looks like and I refuse to support industries which fail to support any kind of quality in their product. Fuck this game, fuck you too.

>if a game flops because people accuse a game of being something it is not

>if people refuse to support something it should still be successful

If it's actually really bad then people don't care at all about you or your products or your company at all, so . . . you're a retarded asshole?

I don't think you understand your conclusion at all.
>>
>>385646621
>you can roam around the world even if you have a waypoint Mafia II's world

Dude, there is absolutely no point at all to do so. None. Mafia 2 has a lot of pointless windowdressing and the game having an open world is pointless since there is nothing to do in it. Mafia 2 might as well be mission based.

The good parts of Mafia 1 and 2 were the story, not the world.
>>
>>385646831
good taste is entirely subjective you dumb cunt
>>
>buy mafia game
>its some dindu gang
yeah why would i do that
>>
>>385646953
I disagree, but I'm better educated than you. I can understand your inability to see what actually looks good to other people, I've seen a lot of human trash eating from dumpsters.
>>
>>385646807
>>385646831
>Are you seriously telling me that a game deserves to fail based on the cover?
Yes

Well I don't need to read anymore of your posts then. Thanks for at least making it clear that you're just dumb as a rock.

Then again considering how hard you parrot shitposters on /v/ and how very little are your own actual ideas and opinions it's understandable that you would think that.
Oh well, some day you might mature.
>>
>>385645210
>Now if you're happy being close minded, then don't let me stop you. Never challenge your ideas. God forbid you ever being wrong about something.
Except I pirated the game and mucked around for 2 to 3 hours.
It is dull as fuck. It's the type of GTA knock off you would get back in the PS2/OXBOX days. And before "Mafia was always that" I never praised nor ever will praise Mafia 1 and 2, unless you assume every fucker that gives you a (you) are the same person.
Stealth is shallow "see/track enemy through walls", press button for takedown shit.
Shooting is functional generic coverbased pop out shooting but that is not a selling point.
Game is not interesting in the slightest and Far Cry 3 style clear area shit gets old as fast as it did in Far Cry 3.
>but the story
I don't fucking care. Not just for Mafia 3, for fucking any game.
>>
>>385647090
>I disagree, but I'm better educated than you

This is such a stupid sentence I can't help but laugh. It screams "I'm close minded and I'm not even aware of it".
>>
>>385646831
Bloody hell the state of /v/ right now
>>
>have a nice niche game with a nice setting
>company changes dev to california
>devs sjw the game up to ''appeal o the masses''
>game fails
many such cases
>>
Anyone else feel that this game controls like fucking ass for some reason? It doesn't matter whether I use KB+M or a controller, the aiming just feels stiff.
>>
>>385647229
>Except I pirated the game and mucked around for 2 to 3 hours.

Yes wow, you're not even qualified to have a serious discussion on the game then. Thanks for letting me know.
This isn't Tetris where you can have an accurate discussion on the game after 1 hour.

>I don't fucking care. Not just for Mafia 3, for fucking any game.

This basically seals the deal, not something worth talking to. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>385646863
the world in Mafia 3 is worthless it has nothing but repetitive missions and there's some people you aren't even allowed to shoot wtf
>>
>the dev damage control itt
lmao you made a shit game get over it
>>
Would the game have succeeded if Girogi was the protagonist instead of Lincoln?
>>
>>385647382
>>devs sjw the game up to ''appeal o the masses''

It doesn't matter how many times you shitpost this ignorant lie, it will never become truth.
>>
>>385647110
I >>385646807 was joking you fucking autist
>>
>>385638521
>>385638521
I really liked the documentary historical interview framing of it. Was pretty good
>>
>>385647529
yes anon a game about the italian mafia becomes about racism is america and the devs arent sjw
thanks for opening my eyes
>>
>>385645773
>not liking trash
>being close minded

Okay I get you :) I understand you perfectly
>>
File: Mafia3_dokumentarischerstil.jpg (562KB, 1439x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Mafia3_dokumentarischerstil.jpg
562KB, 1439x1075px
>>385647474
>the world in Mafia 3 is worthless

While I wouldn't say that there's a bunch of more stuff to do in Mafia 3 compared to the previous iterations, the world is certainly way better crafted and more interesting to explore.

>>385647524
>Would the game have succeeded if Girogi was the protagonist instead of Lincoln?

Maybe, more ignorant /v/ posters would've bought it at least.
Not like he was interesting or good, Lincoln's friend Donovan was wayyyy better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz5yKFJyLx4
>>
>>385648109
>a recreation of New Orleans is certainly way better crafted and more interesting to explore then Chicago or New York
I hope you're joking
>>
>>385647661
>becomes about racism

It's not about racism at all. You would know this if you actually played the game.
Racism was a part of the times and it's not just the blacks (which you most likely assume) that got heat IRL (and in the game), but italians, scotts, etc. It's part of the worldbuilding.

The game is a revenge story. It is focused on dismantling and taking over the mafia.
>>
>>385648349
>>a recreation of New Orleans is certainly way better crafted and more interesting to explore then Chicago or New York

The actual city is irrelevant here, it was simply better done in Mafia 3.

For example, there are two books X and Z. Book X is better than book Z (or rather let's say I prefer book X).
Both books get adapted into movies. Book Z has a much better adaption and in turn is a better and more enjoyable movie.So while book X might be better, book Z had a better movie.
>>
>>385648109
>While I wouldn't say that there's a bunch of more stuff to do in Mafia 3 compared to the previous iterations, the world is certainly way better crafted and more interesting to explore.
I feel the opposite, actually. Mafia 3 had a functionally better world since you actually had shit to do in it compared to both previous games but it was a step back in all other aspects. It didn't draw me in the same way New Haven and Empire Bay did. That first mission in the city in Mafia 2 where it's Christmas and shit? Instant immersion.

I also dislike the heavy amount of HUD in Mafia 3. Previous games had minimal shit on the screen and it really helped me like them more. I'm still waiting for the devs to include a HUD fade-out option but it'll likely never come.
>>
>>385643941
The game didn't bomb because of its portrayal of racism but because it was shit.
>>
File: IMG_1190.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1190.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>385639026

>hating a shitty game that has a minority automatically makes it /pol/
>>
>>385648456
>It is focused on dismantling and taking over the mafia
so why aren't you just an italian-american apart of the italian Mafia and why New Orleans why not 70's Vegas
>>
>>385648847
seriously OP needs to realize it just wasn't a well made game especially compared to the previous 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ1YMeY07xI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=getp6QCcdqg
>>
>>385648986
>so why aren't you just an italian-american apart of the italian Mafia and why New Orleans why not 70's Vegas

Retreading the same ground over and over? God forbid trying out something new.
Wouldn't surprise me if you people called it a rehash if they tried to stick close to Mafia 1 and 2 in terms of the story, protag and whatnot.
>>
File: high quality.png (164KB, 250x320px) Image search: [Google]
high quality.png
164KB, 250x320px
>>385647110
>so you can look?
>>
>>385647424
>it gets good 20 hours in
>you have to slog through the entirety of a boring fucking game to say it is boring
Excuse me that I have no desire to play what is practically Watch_Dogs but with a black guy and no hacking powers, and I'd sooner burn 60$ than touch Watch_Dogs
>isn't Tetris where you can have an accurate discussion on the game after 1 hour
You think putting some perks and favors like another car or some weapon delivery suddenly radically change the core gameplay, you easily impressionable fuck.
They added no depth in Watch_Dogs, GTA4, Godfather 1 and 2, they sure as fuck don't add shit here.
>>
I can't play games that force you to play as a black, for me it totally breaks immersion. Played Maffia III for an hour before returning it.
>>
>>385649148
>these heavily biased and pointless meme videos again

They're designed to push a specific narrative. They're not better than people trying to push the idea that over 50% of all gamers are women because look at these polls where tons of women voted that they play games on facebook and their smartphones.

They're ignoring the things Mafia 3 has that Mafia 2 didn't have, this is what makes it pointless when trying to "prove" how Mafia 2 is better than 3.
>>
>>385649195
that's like saying
>Godfather
>Goodfellas
>The Sopranos
>Donnie Brasco
>Scarface(1932)
>Casino
>Little Caesar
>Once Upon a Time in America
>Carlitos way
are all the exact same because they're about the italian-american mob
>>
>>385649683
How good of you to miss my point.
>>
>>385638521
you know what's sad? 3 makes 2 look good, even though 2 is also a piece of shit game.
>>
>>385649489
>They're ignoring the things Mafia 3 has that Mafia 2 didn't have
What things?
>>
>>385649489
>They're designed to push a specific narrative
yes that Mafia 1&2 have much more detail in there games which is important when judging a game a boring story and open world doesn't make up for it
>>
>>385649489
3 doesnt have a single good thing.
>>
>>385650000
Why bother making a detailed post explaining it all when it's clear that no one ITT is interested in actually discussing the good and the bad of Mafia 3 on a more reasonable level. I tried to do this several times and were met by meme and shitposting.
Sorry but I think I've wasted enough time ITT already.
>>
>>385645516
It's actually a catch all for retards who use pol buzzwords like cuck
>>
>>385649773
you're point was they tryed something different for the sake of it but the devs/publisher we're too afraid to make it it's own thing so they slapped a Mafia label on it which has now tainted the great series
>>
>>385650163
Can't be helped when you purposely ignore the reasonable posts and go after the memers anon. What a waste of my time trying to stir up discussion, fucking fag.
>>
>>385650110
Statements like these automatically make people disregard you, just fyi. Someone blatantly stating that they're not objective is a dumb move.

>>385650078
>yes that Mafia 1&2 have much more detail in there games

Pointless windowdressing, most of it. Most of that energy would've been better spent on making the world more interesting to explore in 1&2, instead of just being compeltely empty and pointless as well.

I mean who cares if you can open or close bedroom windows or turn faucets on if the world itself is boring as fuck to explore? That's messed up priorites.
>>
>>385650391
>so they slapped a Mafia label on it which has now tainted the great series

It's still very much a Mafia game, more so than people actually believe.
>all games have rather pointless open worlds
>all games have mediocre gameplay
>all games have solid story and storytelling

Just because you don't play as an italian trying to rise through the ranks doesn't make it any less of a Mafia game.

Also I would never call this series great, they were all to flawed. Enjoyable stories yes, but they were held back by other stuff that makes up a good game.
As for mafia 3 tainting the series? That's just a dumb petty statement.
>>
>>385650163
you're basic points are that Mafia 3 has a better world to explore and a better story and many people ITT have explained that it tries and fails in both those areas
just because it attempts more of an open world then Mafia 3 doesn't mean it succeeded
the story is about an uncharismatic protagonist with cliche reasons to go after the mob and forgettable missions
>>
>>385650405
>Can't be helped when you purposely ignore the reasonable posts

Funny, where are these reasonable posts? Only recently a few posts ago did they start to be more reasonable, but by that point I'm frankly too exhausted by having to deal with all this shitposting.

Take this as a lesson, maybe don't start of with the meme and shitposting. Now I'm out.
>>
>>385650827
Mafia 3's story was terrible
Mafia is known for having details in the open world a lot of people don't bother to notice which Mafia 3 didn't have
>Just because you don't play as an italian trying to rise through the ranks doesn't make it any less of a Mafia game.
yes it does
>>
>>385650969
>asking for no shitposting
>in fucking 4chan of all places
>thinking /v/ is a place to have civil discussion about games
go to fucking reddit if you want those downvoted
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.