[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When cosmetics affect gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: cos.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cos.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
How do we stop the ramping lie that skins are not affecting gameplay?
We always change the way we play depending on what we see. A funny skin can make us laugh and lose focus, skins with colors similar to the map floors and walls can make it harder to see etc...
>>
>>385638312
Sounds like autistic meta gaming to me. Who cares about skins, seriously...
>>
>>385638312
They have minimal effect on game play. Whenever I see some funny skins and emotes I laugh a bit and go back to playing as normal and some people just don't care how you look at all.
>>
I should add that sometimes devs release skins that make a character looks like another.
>>
>>385638312
Give specific examples
>>
Reminder that War Thunder offers "cosmetic" camouflage bush for premium currency (and more slots for premium accounts)
>>
>>385638312
I play a crap ton of dota and only buy the 10$ TI compendium every year cause the quests are kind of fun and spice things up a bit. The side affect of opening chests is completely secondary to me, but over the years I've gathered some pretty "valuable" cosmetics.

Honestly I do wish there was an option to turn all skins off but I know that would never happen. Mostly because I want people to shut the hell up about the dumb pixels their character is wearing, I would never notice if they didn't stop talking about it.
>>
>>385639548
even on realistic not like it makes much a difference when everyones playing on lowest graphics
>>
File: dotamaxaxe.png (849KB, 810x667px) Image search: [Google]
dotamaxaxe.png
849KB, 810x667px
I've played thousands of hours of Dota 2 and not once can I think of an example where a cosmetic caused me to misread a situation. If I could name a cosmetic, believe me I would.

However Dota 2 really does a good job of keep heroes looking their expected shape and color. Honestly I think the game has such great sound design that visual design is kind of secondary to that.
>>
>>385639817

I didn't realize until I posted it, but as fucking gaudy and shitty as this set is, can you not immediately tell who it is just by looking at the thumbnail? His color, posture, and silhouette are still the same.
>>
>>385639458
Not OP but the infamous 'giraffe camo' from planetside 2 is a good example. It was notorious for a while before devs had to change it because by putting on the camo with certain cosmetics and using cross faction weapons you could fool players into thinking you were friendly upon first glance
>>
lets not forget that the first paid dota2 map made seeing the path between trees way easier than normal players could
>>
>>385640002
That and the actual camo effect of camo in PS2 was fucked.
TR winter camo was stupid good, and if I ever manage to see a Vanu in their camo I'll let you know how well it worked.
>>
File: Annie_AnnieinWonderlandSkin.jpg (347KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Annie_AnnieinWonderlandSkin.jpg
347KB, 1215x717px
>skin obviously designed to arouse the enemy and make them hesitate
>haha it's not pay to win please take our Chinese e"""sport""" seriously
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.