[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amiibo retrospective/discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

Okay, I think its time to talk about this thing.

The amiibo have been slowly getting more quality production as the different waves of them came along, Just compare the details on the Olimar amiibo to the Marth one and you can see what im talking about. However, recently Ninty decide to go apeshit with the things they unlock, rectricting ENTIRE MODES behind said figurines.

Amiibos should NOT block entire pieces of content behind them. Amiibos should be a figurines that you buy once and you can use in different games for small rewards.
MK8, Mario Maker and ACNL are the only ones that used them right, although this last one only count for the cards.
In MK8 and Mario Maker they are only cosmetical and don't change the gameplay at all. The amiibo cards in ACNL work because they are cheap and they work as cheat codes so you decide who you want to move in your town. But selling a game on an Amiibo (Chibi Robo and Amiibo Festival) or locking chunks of content and mode behind them (MP10, TLoZ TP HD, Samus Returns) is NOT OKAY AND YOU SHOULD STOP DEFENDING IT
>>
Lol, faggot. Stop whining about baby toys
>>
>>385636246
Super Mario Maker used the 8-Bit Mario amiibos to unlock the exclusive Mega Mushrooms. There was no other way to use them in a course you were making.
>>
>>385636447
Its not whining when you can't even play Hard Mode without buying one of this things
>>
Well there's a simple solution for locked content
Amiibo cards
Cheap alternatives Nintendo could either make or you could make yourself
>>
>>385636246
Amiibos should serve as cheat devices, rather than lock content behind them. That way they can serve as both exotic collectables and enhance game experience without locking any content behind them.

>>385636887
Mario Maker makes some of the best uses of the amiibos because it allows you to unlock the said character without having to grind in the Mario Maker since all of the 8bit versions of those said characters are available in the base game. SMM handled it pretty well. Too bad BOTW, Fire Emblem Fates, TP, and the upcoming Samus Returns didn't.

>>385638316
Collectable cards of your fav characters sounds great but the same applies to Amiibo; they shouldn't lock any content behind them. The content that was originally intended in the game should be there. If Samus Returns was supposed to have a difficulty options, art gallery and sound test, it should be there without all of it being locked behind amiibo. If BOTW was supposed to have Epona, the green tunic and other items that pay homage to past Zelda games, they should have been in-game unlockables rather than be locked by Amiibo(AKA physical dlc).

Amiibos could have been great collectables or a way to collect figures of your favorite characters that are either too expensive or otherwise wouldn't have been made, but they need to stop locking content behind them.
>>
>>385636246
Tagmo on an Android phone with mgm capabilities.
Blank ntag215s from Ali express.
Every amiibo for less than $200 (if you have to buy a phone new, <$40 otherwise).
Problem solved.
>>
>>385640190
>mgm
*nfc
Sorry for the phone posting cancer
>>
>>385636246
Kimishima flat-out said they were intended as physical platforms for DLC rather than collectibles, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this now. With how stupidly popular they are it was only a matter of time before they started locking more and more actual content behind them.
>>
File: 1501350712122.png (922KB, 1074x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1501350712122.png
922KB, 1074x1734px
you brought this upon yourself

we told you not to be a cuck, but you wanted to be a cuck anyway, now youre going to get cucked harder and harder until you say enough is enough. but you wont, because you were born a cuck.
>>
>>385640317
The thing is that Iwata didn't intend for them to be DLC. They were more on the gimmicky side with the "custom fighter" in Sm4sh. Now this Yakuza fuck is turning them into physical DLC.
>>
>>385640434
what about super Metroid?
>>
>>385640190
I'll look it up but we shouldn't have to go through all this to unlock ingame content. What happened to having unlockables in a good ol' fashion sense like before. Jesus christ DLC is the cancer that is killing gaming itself.

>>385640434
Yeah its pretty shameless. I mean I like the figures how they look they're great to collect but locking this much ingame features behind them is just....disgusting.
>>
>>385636246
The problem is that Ninty has backed themselves into a corner. If the amiibo has too much content behind it it's obnoxiously locking content behind a cheap toy, if it has nothing (like smash bros) it's a waste of money. The most egregious amiibo-locked content has to be Shovel Knight, a whole player customization system is locked behind the amiibo and until recently so was co-op.
>>
>>385636246
>>385640434
Nintendo could had just made Amiibo's into simple collectables and they would had sold pretty easily. Anything with that brand sells. I don't know why they felt like locking content behind those figures. Its unnecessary if you ask me.
>>
>>385640434
>jewtendo
>>
Amiibo never needed the extra functionality since they would've sold well regardless. Nintendo becoming so fixated on making them more "useful" is pure, unadulterated greed and this shit is only going to get worse. Mark my words /v/, Animal Crossing Switch will be the game that suffers the most:

>amiibo exclusive songs
>amiibo exclusive wallpaper/carpeting
>amiibo exclusive clothing
>amiibo exclusive villagers
>amiibo exclusive furniture (Master Sword, Arwing, etc.)
>none of the exclusive villagers can move to a friend's town
>no way to give exclusive items to friends

The people that do buy and use amiibo will severe as walking ads to anyone that plays with them in Animal Crossing Switch.
>>
>>385642117
Wait, so making Amiibo worth the price people paid for it is pure unadulterated greed? wut?
>>
>>385640434
I'm gonna go ahead and guess you don't actually know what cuckholdry is. I'm right, aren't I?
>>
>>385636246
ummm nintendo is doing it sweetie you're still getting the full game and clearly hard mode isn't a relevant piece of content if nintendo doesn't think it needs to be included in the game directly
>>
>>385642117
I actually think all of that is fine except for exclusive villagers.
>>
File: Metroid-amiibo.jpg (76KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid-amiibo.jpg
76KB, 1200x600px
>>385642349
Hard modes are usually free.
>>
>>385642562
It is free. With purchase of a toy.
>>
>>385642117
Honestly, taking in mind that the Animal Crossing team are the los greedy when it comes to amiibo content since they have locked: Challenge mode in Splatoon, loadout in Splatoon 2, and Amiibo Festival as a whole; it wouldn't surprise me that this will happen
>>
File: 1501025592304.png (42KB, 284x207px) Image search: [Google]
1501025592304.png
42KB, 284x207px
>>385642656
>>
>>385642562
We don't know if Fusion mode is the only way to get hard mode, or just hard mode that's already in the game and you get to play in the fusion suit.
>>
File: 1490566387304.png (214KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490566387304.png
214KB, 640x360px
>>385642656
>free
>purchase
>>
i want to purchase Callie and Marina amiibos to cum on but my room mates are all amiibo collectors and we keep our combined horde out in the living room. How could I hide these precious girls from them?
>>
>>385643089
Fair enough, but since Prime 3's hard mode was called something else (Hypermode) I'm not holding my breath. Plus, Nintendo already pulled this stunt with BotW and TP HD.
>>
>>385636246
Did anyone ever really defend locking content behind amiibos beyond "It's just useless vanity items anyway."?
>>
>>385636246

Stop talking about and buy toys. This is an 18+ website. Thank you.
>>
File: amiibo.webm (780KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
amiibo.webm
780KB, 720x405px
>>
>>385636246
>Physical DLCs are not OK
Fucking hypocrite
>>
>>385643827
The fuck?
>>
File: 1491869745901.gif (25KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
1491869745901.gif
25KB, 192x224px
>>385643925
Could you elaborate, please?
>>
Amiibo are fine, if they unlocked a lot of content that WASN'T exclusive.

Like say, some weapon/character skins, or concept art, etc. Things that aren't exactly worth missing, or that could be unlocked later in the game, just that the amiibo unlocked it right away.

But locking away actual content that is worth missing (like extra modes, or costumes/etc you CAN NOT GET without buying it) is just bullshit.

DLC costumes and the like are dumb too, but amiibo makes it even worse because you need the physical items which may not be available to you.
>>
>>385644029
Generally children tend to stop giving a shit about old toys when they're given new ones especially like the spoiled brats in the Webm.
>>
>>385644491
I just don't get why someone recorded it
>>
Why isn't there a Skylanders/Disney Infinity style of game yet? Too much effort for Nintendo?
>>
>>385643827
>this is what your average amiibofag on /v/ looks like
hm makes u think
>>
File: Amiibo.jpg (365KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Amiibo.jpg
365KB, 3024x4032px
>Complaining about content locked behind Amiibos.

Just make your own, duh.
>>
>>385643089
Yes we fucking do dude. We do know that. Why are people so uneducated on this?

The Metroid amiibo unlocks FUSION difficulty. This was stated on the official site. It has been known for about a week now.

Hard mode is something else entirely. You can see it in gameplay footage from Samus Returns; there's a Normal and Hard mode. This has also been known for a while. Fusion mode is a different difficulty that is locked off, not just the suit.
>>
>>385646641
How do I make my own Amiibo spoofer?
>>
>>385646981
An android compatible device with NFC can easily do so using an app called TagMo. You can buy a cheap phone with NFC for 40, less if you're willing to accept some superficial damage. If you have an android phone with NFC you're already set.

From there, you just need some NTAG215s. These will cost 20 cents to a dollar each, ranging from 20 cents for waiting for them to come from China to a dollar if you pay on Amazon for 2 day shipping. Either way, write about 3 amiibos and you're already ahead compared to buying Amiibos.
>>
>>385646981
>>385647249
you can also just get a powersave action replay amiibo spoofer (that comes with a writable powertag)

it's like 30 bucks, but an android device might be worth more to you if you have other uses for it
>>
File: Kimishima.gif (241KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
Kimishima.gif
241KB, 300x317px
>>385640317
>People will defend Kimishima taking Iwata's place
>>
>>385641156

Nintendo have been jews for a very long time.

Anyone remember Four Swords Adventures for the gamecube, which required the game on a gamecube and one GBA-GC link cable and GBA for each player other than player 1 in a game that was literally made to be played by four people?

Don't think I've ever seen anything more assbackwards and game-ruining.
>>
>>385636246
>MP10
What game is that?
>>
>>385648017
luigi gathering
>>
>>385648121
wat?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.