[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started this, what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: ss2.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
ss2.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
Just started this, what am I in for?
>>
Cybermodules.
>>
getting stuck if you build your character wrong
weapons going from flawless condition to shit after firing ten rounds
needing extensive proficiency in energy weapons to swing a weightless sword
shodan character assassination
>>
Shit overrated game, prepare to wrench a lot
>>
>>385635209
So what is the best build for a first playthrough?
>>
>>385635354
conventional weapons and strength.

Use wrench 90% of the time.

Assault rifle is the best weapon, but conserve it.

Never repair, always maintain.
>>
>>385634797
having fun and getting jump scared until you get to the last part where you have no map and the texture of the enviroment is just copy and paste maze so you dont know where shit is and it just becomes unfun as fuck
>>
Is it worth it to play the first one? I've been wanting to play this but my autistic completionist side is stopping me until I beat the first game
>>
>>385635209
>getting stuck if you build your character wrong
Either invest into hacking, or use the damn ICE breaker down the hall from the thing you need to hack towards the end.

>weapons going from flawless condition to shit after firing ten rounds
Mods or the Steam/GoG versions have this fixed. You can unload quite a bit of ammo before you need to repair things, and repair tools are easy to come by.

>needing extensive proficiency in energy weapons to swing a weightless sword
The cyborg assassins needed to be made better at using them because withoht proper dexterity, they kept lopping off their own limbs with them.

>shodan character assassination
The ending of the game did sort of shit the bed here, I'll fully admit.
>>
>>385637252
Thus the grand tradition of Shock games going to hell in the last few hours began. A curse that even affected its spiritual successor Prey
>>
>>385635354
iirc you need hacking 3 and research 2 to not get stuck? might be the other way around. invest decently in both to be safe. standard weapons are king, though if you have the needed energy weapon skill for the emp rifle it'll wipe the floor with the final boss.

>>385637853
first game is almost completely different. it's more like an early metroid prime than anything else. there's none of the half-assed rpg elements that ss2 has and the game was designed to be beaten within seven hours. enhanced edition exists if you're too much of a babby to learn a non-standard first-person control scheme.
>>
I bought the bundle of SS1Enhanced and SS2, SS1 looks janky as fuck, is it worth the pain of getting used to it - or just play the second one? SS2 looks way better.
>>
>>385638735
System Shock > System Shock 2
No question. They're both great games, but definitely play SS1.
>>
>>385638929
I kinda figured i'd get this answer desu.

I think the plot of 1 is more interesting than 2 (the way in which shodan is against/with you etc in each - i did a bit of research on em and found plot elements on the way).

I just wish the SS remaster would happen soon.
>>
>>385638735
I enjoyed SS1 more than SS2, basically because there was no RPG system locking you from using guns/hacking
it's a very well designed game but it takes a while to click. Also get the laser rapier asap it's on level 3
>>
>>385639067
The movement feels like shit but other than that you'll get used to the dated systems.
>>
File: 1496287412832.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496287412832.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>385638673
>enhanced edition exists if you're too much of a babby to learn a non-standard first-person control scheme
That was my main grievance. I'll check out the enhanced editon, thanks!
>>
>>385639387
You can just rebind the keys. The power of peecee etc etc
>>
it's pretty fun until you get to the part of the game where you gotta hunt down a bunch of eggsacks
rpg elements are pretty shit though. upgrades are terribly balanced, some of them (exotic weapons, repair, more than 1 point in research) are downright useless but you have no way of knowing this without getting them yourself or asking around online
>>
>>385634797
how about you play it and find out
>>
File: confused necron.png (240KB, 681x591px) Image search: [Google]
confused necron.png
240KB, 681x591px
>"you have to wrench 90% of enemies you come across"
I've never understood this. As long as you put your modules into Standard Weapons and Maintenance running out of ammo or having your weapons break never become an issue.You rarely have to use the wrench at all after reaching Engineering and I usually throw it away completely by Hydroponics because ammo is not at all that scarce as long as you thoroughly look around the environment. Use your specialized rounds and don't trigger the alarms like a retard.

It's only on impossible difficulty that lack of ammo actually becomes a problem but who the fuck plays on impossible for their first playthrough? Even on hard there's plenty of ammo to go around.
>>
>>385639873
Investing into research is like investing into swimming and environmental resistance in Deus Ex. You should already know it's a waste of points without being told.
>>
>>385637853
Sure. Nothing wrong with the game.
>>
>>385638735
>SS1 looks janky as fuck, is it worth the pain of getting used to it
With the mouselook mod (which is integrated into the enhanced edition) the controls are identical to SS2 so really the only thing left to complain about are the graphics but surely you're not a muh grafix fag.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.