[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earthbound thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: eb.png (406KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
eb.png
406KB, 970x546px
The greatest game ever made. Discuss.
>>
That's a bit of a bold claim, but it's a fun and quirky JRPG set in american suburbia with great writing and humor and some great sudden dark moments.
>>
File: 1498135188394.jpg (230KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498135188394.jpg
230KB, 400x500px
>>385627463
fpbp
Moonside and Cave of the Past were very atmospheric
>>
>>385627292
>turn based rpg
>good
kys op
>>
It's in my top 5 for sure.
>>
>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another hamburger!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.
>>
>>385627978
kys
>>
I want to get into this series, any particular versions I should be playing? I saw the GBA version has 1+2
>>
>>385627292
Shit taste, Mother 3 is way better than this game.
>>
>>385628230
The GBA 1+2 has butchered sound, don't play it.

Just emulate the games on the systems they were originally released for. You might need the Easy Ring patch for Mother 1, though. And the fan translation for Mother 3 is wonderful.
>>
>>385628230
1+2 has worse BGM due to being on Gameboy. Play Mother 2 on VC if you have a 3DS or Wii U. If not, emulate it. Then play Tomato's english patch of Mother 3. For Mother 1, there's different avenues like the the original more challenging version, Earthbound Zero, or Earthbound Beginnings.
>>
>>385628230
Just play Undertale
>>
>>385628780
>>385628785
Thanks for the heads up on the sound quality.
>>
pro: item using character is incredibly powerful, stronger than ff6 edgar

con: inspired undertale

It's worth playing once, which is more than I can say for modern jrpgs
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.