[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am planning to buy a PS Vita with the intent to hack it. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Console-PS-Vita-WiFi-Sony.jpg (39KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
Console-PS-Vita-WiFi-Sony.jpg
39KB, 600x320px
I am planning to buy a PS Vita with the intent to hack it. It will the my first Sony console. Am I doing the right thing?
>>
>digital gaming
>>
>>385626719
just make sure to get the one with firmware below 3.61
>>
>>385626719
Sure, just get one 3.60 or under and get the 1000 model if possible
>>
The vita is a great piece of hardware but it has no games and soft modding it won't fix that (yet). Also if you're on 3.60 with cfw you can't play new releases.

Give it a year for the homebrew scene to take off.
>>
>>385626719
2000 sucks, 1000 is the only choice
>>
File: hueg migu machine.jpg (407KB, 1411x1058px) Image search: [Google]
hueg migu machine.jpg
407KB, 1411x1058px
>>385626719
Yes.
>>
Unless you're planning on using it as a portable device, get the PSTV for cheaper and use a USB flash drive for storage
>>
>>385627192
>Also if you're on 3.60 with cfw you can't play new releases.
How is that? Did newer games add extra protection? How new are we talking?

>>385627768
I heard some MicroSD adapter for PSVita were on their way, so storage shouldn't be too much of an issue.
>>
>>385626719
No.
Buy a Playstation TV for a quarter of the price instead. That way can just use a usb drive for storage instead of expensive memory cards or 3rd party adapters.
>>
>>385627419
eh, they're both good. it depends on what you like more.

>new vita
>lighter in the hands, better button design, more battery life
vs
>old vita
>beautiful screen, shit ergonomics, battery dying faster
>>
There's an SD to Vita adapter going on AliExpress and Ebay
based chinks
>>
>>385627914
Yes new games have new encryption. For reference the current firmware is 3.65. Any games release between 3.61-3.65 can't be played on 3.60 cfw.

The vita scene is also pretty much dead and clinging to life. The cfw that came out a few days ago was a surprise to everyone.
>>
File: 1483058875466.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1483058875466.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>385626719
you did good OP.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.